It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama uses N-word, says we are 'not cured' of racism

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: maybee
I truly hope President Obama is not directing this to just white people.

Why would you even consider that he might only be speaking to white people, that he may think whites weren't outraged at the murders, or that he judges all white people because of the tragedy??

A tweet on the subject of "outrage"

Marc Lamont Hill

@marclamonthill

Shout out to the people outraged that the president said "'n-word'" once but don't care about the countless times he's been called it since 08

If You're Freaking Out Over Obama Using the n-word then You’re Part of the Problem

Fox News pundit Elizabeth Hasselbeck thinks it is inappropriate for a president to that word and she’s concerned he might use it in a public address.
Hasselbeck should be able to sleep soundly knowing that Obama will not be giving shout outs to “all the niggas who ain’t here” at the next State of the Union address before he pours out a little bit of a 40-ounce beer.

edit on 6/23/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thanks for the links. This quote sums up the issue nicely:

From the way Fox talking heads are framing it, one might think that Obama spit a verse on a “Trap Queen” remix instead of offering a nuanced conversation on a podcast. Context matters. The president’s critics are desperately seeking to find anything to criticize him about and they have come up short on this one. Any reasonably intelligent adult who listened to the podcast or read the transcript could understand that Obama was not just using a “taboo” word for fun. He was making a point.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You make a lot of assumptions..........this whole post was nothing but one large assumption

Again this isnt about me

Discuss the thread topic

Ive already made my point and it stands and obviously theres plenty that agree........

Save youre off topic "parenting" issues for another thread, and keep your personal vendetta against me to yourself
edit on 6/23/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You make a lot of assumptions..........this whole post was nothing but one large assumption

Actually, if you read it properly there was only one assumption. That was that your position on this issue is based on political beliefs. I based that assumption on your posting history.

Could I be wrong? Possibly. But I doubt it.

Discuss the thread topic

I am. Why other people have to bring parenting and their kids in to this discussion is beyond me. Go talk to them.

keep your personal vendetta against me to yourself

Personal vendetta? How arrogant of you to think I have some vendetta against some anonymous internet poster.

All I did is point out that you claimed your position on this topic was based on a dislike of hypocrisy, yet in your own post you are hypocritical.

It's also hypocritical that you tell me to not lecture people on their "parenting", yet you are lecturing me, waving your finger in my face telling me that I am not on topic and that I have no business talking to people about certain things.

Damn.....the hypocrisy keeps building. But of course I shouldn't point that out because your little feelings take that as a personal attack. My apologies.

Ive already made my point

Yes you have. We can agree to disagree. If you have made your point, why are coming back in to the discussion to mess with me? If I am out of line or violating a condition of my membership at the site, I believe there is staff who's job it is to deal with such issues. I don't need you to be my "parent".

and it stands and obviously theres plenty that agree........

Who cares if people agree or disagree with us? I don;t post my opinions because they are popular or people will agree with me. This is the internet and there is no popularity contest.

In fact I like to do the opposite. I like to make people uncomfortable. Too many people are ignorant sheep that follow their herd of choice and cannot even intelligently articulate their positions because they lack even the most basic reading comprehension skills. This thread contains proof of that. Many people in this thread became outraged at the use of one word, but weren't even able to comprehend the context in which it was used.

Either they are morons, or they are raging for politically partisan reasons. Take your pick.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I realize coming to a new site can be difficult.

You certainly are welcome to join the folks that argue every point on the site.

You're obviously intelligent...Lets see if you can argue your points.

While respecting members in good standing.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

My point has been made and I have no problem with those that disagree. I do have a problem with people using illogical, emotional arguments that are easily dismantled and, honestly, are insulting to the intelligence.

Simple comprehension is required to have a constructive dialogue, but that seems to have been replaced with vast assumptions, logical fallacies, projections, and dare I say, a bit of dishonesty.

I am not used to having discussions in which people lack certain abilities required to converse. That is an issue on my end and I apologize for coming on too strong. Not very many people know how to deal with someone such as myself and it can be overwhelming.

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
ATTENTION:

The topic is NEVER EACH OTHER, please stay with the topic.

Do not reply to this post.

Blaine91555

posted on Jun, 23 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It may not be that easy to influence ones child's response to stimuli?

Letting them watch TV is a gamble so one should probably allow somewhat mild mannered TV

But for a kid, what is that ?

I'm no expert and no adviser just commenting

But on Obama I AM AN EXPERT!

The idea, I heard on CNN defending Obama, that we needed him uttering the n word to talk about race (in light of we just had a mass murder of black people by a racist) seems kind of ridiculous.
edit on 23-6-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join