It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama uses N-word, says we are 'not cured' of racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm not saying that he knows what it's like to be a slave in the south or understands the impact of race like someone living in the inner city.

But to say he's never experienced race issues in his life is BS. Even now, in the media he's being blamed for inciting race riots and his Race as the First Black President is constantly being pushed in to the public discussion as if it's something major and is a major reason why he is "the worst president in history." He's been called everything from a Muslim to the Anti Christ. His wife is being called a Tranny publicly. Ever since he even became a possible candidate I've heard countless people myself bring up the fact he's black and for no reason at all other than to just point it out like it alone has some kind of meaning behind it.

That is why what he said is actually very profound. We don't say n***er anymore but we certainly haven't done away with the concept of it. Sure, now we call them "Thugs" instead which is acceptable, but has it really changed anything??? Granted things are much better than they were 40 years ago. 40 years from now they'll hopefully be much better still, but just pretending Race isn't still an issue doesn't mean it's gone. It's just been dressed up as something else and grows slowly in the cracks of society where it comes up again in some other way.

It's not always in ways you think either. Some of it even backfires too. Affirmative Action is one way in which I think it's backfired. Affirmative Action is an idea that makes sense on one hand in it's attempt to correct an issue, but is in fact a racist concept in itself and has backfired in many ways and only helps to contain and secure the very issues it set out to correct in the first place.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: mojom

no the reason hes one of the worst presidents its because his policies are horrible and because his foreign policy is horrible and because the decisions he makes are horrible..........

The only people blaming any of his failure as a president on his race, are a tiny ignorant minority......

Blaming people not liking him for his skin color and using it as some sort of barometer for the "racial issues" hes had to endure, does not make it true.......again such a small minority

the majority is this nation dislike him for his disgrace to the office , his continued attacks on the constitution and his implementation and indeed EXPANSION of Bush's policies, add that to the fact that hes egomaniac , and his race isnt even on the list.....theres enough not to like him for

His decisions are to blame not his color, so just as you can say he uses it as a struggle, youre tryign to use it as a crutch

You cant have it both ways

And yes, he has caused more racial tension during his tenure as president since the civil rights movement, there is no doubt about that.........
edit on 6/22/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Hearing that comment repeated on the news today, and undoubtedly around the world, one can only wonder how we managed to elect such a terrible excuse for a leader as President of this country.

Twice.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I do that sort of thing.
My mom's boyfriend is black. So me and him get to talk about public enemy, and hip hop, and what's wrong with the air conditioner, which we diagnosed correctly and fixed.. and all sorts of things that I can't talk about with other people in my family..

Actually my mom got her dish washer fixed from a guy rolling with public enemy not too long ago.

I love everybody.
There is so much to experience when you are not afraid.
It's amazing.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
And yes, he has caused more racial tension during his tenure as president since the civil rights movement, there is no doubt about that.........

How so?? What has he done to cause Racial problems???

The only thing he's done is make a few speeches where he talks about some minority group being mistreated in some way or marginalized. Even then the only reason he is making that speech is in response to an actual even where that is an issue first. It the event hadn't happened he wouldn't be speaking about it. It's not like it's happening the other way around. He's not going on some speaking tour where he goes on about Race issues and then the problems happen. The problem happens, gains media attention and then he talks about it.

Which makes a perfect way for the media to twist it around too. They give him sh*t if something happens and he doesn't say anything. They say, "This was a perfect time for him to speak out about this but he doesn't." Then if he does say something about it they talk sh*t anyway saying he's causing problems. But the problem is already there. That is why he's talking about it. Not the other way around.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seamrog
Hearing that comment repeated on the news today, and undoubtedly around the world, one can only wonder how we managed to elect such a terrible excuse for a leader as President of this country.

My guess is that you didn't listen to the interview with him and only heard it mentioned on Right Wing Media. Which is why you're offended by it and why you don't even know the meaning behind him saying it.

But then again, that is always the side you're on and always the kind of misinformed comment that is expected from you so why this should be any different is no surprise.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Agreed on the overly sensitive bit...my problem is it isnt just racism against African Americans. ..yet thats all we ever hear about.
reply to: MystikMushroom

Perhaps there is a reason - perhaps it's getting worse - perhaps fear is bringing it back to the fore.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Most "adult-oriented" news doesn't feature words that have the same emotional connotations as the F-bomb for some people.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

What has he done? really? I have to explain this?

Is it not evident in every speech he delivers when things like this happen and how he conveniently is silent when one group of people are targetted?

Is it not obvious when he further instigates violence in places that are already rioting by his rhetoric?

Is it not evident that he furthers the divide by demonizing police when he doesnt have all the facts and encourages people in the community to act out?

I mean i could keep going but I really dont want this to be a 3 pages essay........

If you DONT know then you are either being dishonest or you are not informed as you need to be on his actions through out his presidency.....

Rev Wright?

Al sharpton as his "racial advisor"?

Give me a break

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

originally posted by: BlueJacket
Agreed on the overly sensitive bit...my problem is it isnt just racism against African Americans. ..yet thats all we ever hear about.
reply to: MystikMushroom

Perhaps there is a reason - perhaps it's getting worse - perhaps fear is bringing it back to the fore.

Or perhaps youre playing right along by the book like they want you to.........

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mojom

My guess is that you didn't listen to the interview with him and only heard it mentioned on Right Wing Media. Which is why you're offended by it and why you don't even know the meaning behind him saying it.

But then again, that is always the side you're on and always the kind of misinformed comment that is expected from you so why this should be any different is no surprise.

I never listen to Obama - never.

One cannot escape, however, him being paraded across the globe uttering the "NWORD."

He is a classless goat who shames our country with every utterance.

I expected this reply from you, so nannanannabooboo to you too!

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Most "adult-oriented" news doesn't feature words that have the same emotional connotations as the F-bomb for some people.

You know what I find interesting??? You say a word like Ni**er or F**k and people act like you just took a dump on their kitchen table. But you say words like War, Murder, Rape, Poverty, Homicide, Suicide, Sex Traffic, Corruption, Terrorist, Fraud, etc. and nobody even bats an eye. Nobody cares if their child knows the meaning of the word Rape or Genocide but they all lose their collective sh*t with other words. Yet they all say they believe in the idea of Free Speech too.

They also typically consider themselves to be intelligent and reasonable at the same time. Somehow I find that confusing.

link   

originally posted by: WhateverYouSay

originally posted by: Elementalist
How does Obama know so much about racism.

I've never heard/seen so much racial buzz until a black president became tyrant.. I mean leader, of the United States.

Isn't that ironic much? A black man gets into the white house and every year we get racial buzz words, media blitz, racial police incidents. .

How often is Obama in the public domain to know so much about the average racism. What DOES he witness?

He's a talking puppet, and racism is the new card of the 1%, who control him, to divide the USA more so.

Us was bought out a while ago. Founding fathers would give up and execute themselves had they seen what America has become.

Ironic? Don't you think it's a bit naive to think these issues weren't always going on? What you're witnessing in America is the addressing of inequalities that have existed for decades and centuries. You didn't see it because you're a straight white male, but objective people with a mind for equality have started acknowledging the power deficit that racial minorities, women, and gays have been subjected to because they didn't have the numbers or the power.

As far as addressing it now. .. society is coming along. And as far as the president addressing it, you just expect him to abandon his racial minority and say nothing. .. for what?

Excuse but I never said racism is not an issue. I was insinuating that it's being overly hyped by design, to divide further.

I live in a very dense-mixed ethnic city, probably one of the larger in North America. Racism is not a white on black thing that is being portrayed in media, and by a black president.

In my city, Ive seen some of the more racist types are the brown people. They are really rude to the white people here in Alberta, ignorant people who care only for their own.

But before you start dropping race cards; not all the Browns, just many I've witnessed myself, even towards myself.

My city is filled with Asians, blacks, whites, browns, every colour of the hueman spectrum. I don't affiliate racism with white on black. Every shade of genetic have racist types.

Hell, I don't think the Irish were black, and they were treated worse then the black slaves in many cases. That's white on white.

Why? It's obviously not a genetic thing. It's a mental/internal thing as individual humans. Whatever goes on in their mind, that makes them perceive difference in external skin tone.

Racism is not a genetic issue. It's a mental one. It's a perception in people's mind, that differentiate themselves, from others who don't look the same, share the same thought forms, or practice the same culture.

In the larger picture, we are just the same species destroying ourselves and our ecosystems. But let's get back to narrow mindness, shall we?
edit on 22-6-2015 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I never listen to Obama - never.

One cannot escape, however, him being paraded across the globe uttering the "NWORD."

He is a classless goat who shames our country with every utterance.

I expected this reply from you, so nannanannabooboo to you too!

First off, let me say sorry for the person attack on you. That wasn't fair of me.

Now, you say you never listen to him. So how do you know what he says??? Would it be fair to say that I never read anything you write on here yet claim to know what your message is???

Why don't you make up your own mind and listen to the interview and hear his words for yourself before you decide??? Why do you let someone else tell you what to think rather than get that information first hand and decide for yourself???

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: Elementalist
How does Obama know so much about racism.
How often is Obama in the public domain to know so much about the average racism.

Are you serious? He's a 53-year-old black man who has personally experienced racism most of his life. What do you mean? Racism isn't new, you know.

Obama is a mixed race man. He had a 100% white mother. (never-mind that he disavowed her), Does she not count because she was white? Isn't that racist too? If we are going to eliminate racism everywhere, shouldn't we all stop with the favoritism? Everyone is so guilty because of all the black oppression now and in the past, that we give favoritism in our speech for blacks, lest we offend. That right there is why racism is still alive, and you are helping it.

I know that this is not your intent judging by your posts, but now that you know you are doing that, are you going to change? Or are you too proud and can do no wrong?

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Even you just said he makes speeches when these things happen. You see, first some event happens and then he talks about it. That isn't causing them since the cause happens first. He's not causing Racial problems by talking about them after they occur. That is just a fact of how Cause and Effect happen. If the event didn't happen you wouldn't hear him speak about it. You see how that works???

I'll agree that having Sharpton speak anywhere was a dumb idea though. The guy is a self promoting opportunist. Then again I'm sure you might think Bill O'reily would make a better choice and I'd disagree with that choice too.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Listen to the interview..
I think you will notice he talks about his mom in such a genuine loving way.
I really liked that part.

And about him being "black" you will also maybe see how he feels about that as well..
How he even says he grew up white.. And tried out black stereotypes to find himself,
only later figuring out who he was as a person.

edit on 22-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Even you just said he makes speeches when these things happen. You see, first some event happens and then he talks about it. That isn't causing them since the cause happens first. He's not causing Racial problems by talking about them after they occur. That is just a fact of how Cause and Effect happen. If the event didn't happen you wouldn't hear him speak about it. You see how that works???

.....its not about making speeches..........

its the content of those speeches........

Come on man youre being intentionally obtuse

Oh god no, im not an Orielly fan, the guys a raging blowhard lol.....

However Glenn Beck was there , he and a pastor from Georgia I think came down to show solidarity and support......its nice that it wasnt really mentioned in the news.......means everyone was there showing love and support and nothing was stirred up!
edit on 6/22/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
racism isnt its own little thing, its a symptom of a much larger issue...assholism. and THAT very much is not cured anywhere in the world.

posted on Jun, 22 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Obama is a mixed race man.

HE identifies himself as black. That's why I say that. When he starts identifying himself as "mixed race", that's what I'll say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join