It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism in the Bible

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

Perhaps, and I'm not trying to answer for Krazyshot here but, perhaps it's because the topic of the thread is "Racism in the Bible". Not the Torah or Talmud, not the Q'ran, not the writings of Confucius and not Buddhist or Hindu Vedas.

Is not Torah in the Christian Bible? Who mentioned Talmud? I believe you did. I certainly did not.

And why did you feel the need to add the slur "booty pumpers"? Does it make you feel better about your position? Does it give an air of authoritarianism do denigrate and slur? You are aware aren't you that many, many heterosexual couples engage in anal sex right? Or that you can be in a homosexual relationship(2 men is my point of reference) and NOT engage in anal sex? It does nothing to add to your point except for reinforce your ignorant hatred of something you clearly do not understand.

Simply because some heterosexuals engage in anal sex does not mean they are not also booty pumpers. It is still a filthy diseased ridden unnatural act to me and to my God. Regardless of how you are offended does not make it acceptable to Christianity and the Christian God. The slurs towards Christ Jesus and His God are just as offensive to me and many others as well as my slurs are offensive to you. I am not into political correctness.

I don't think that most people here are implying or stating that god or jesus are racist. They are saying that a couple dozen books, compiled over a millennia and a half and claimed to be the infallible word of god are racist. In other words, the area where these books were originally written down and the time periods in which it all took place, were rife with racist attitudes and that in the 21st century we should be able to move beyond anachronistic bronze age control mechanisms.

Mainstream bibles do include the OT as well as NT and almost always directed at Christians or Jews. So to say it does not include Jesus is not convincing at all. It is impossible to separate Jesus from the NT as well as separating Jesus from Torah. The NT authors are the very same before and after the letters were compiled so if they were racists after the NT was compiled then they were racists before the NT letters were compiled. Your opinion not mine.

So it isn't actually your theological background that instills this thought process within you, its your own personal biases and you simply hide behind religion to justify your hatred for others. So much for love thy neighbor and turn the other cheek!

How could you know my thought process and whether it be theologically induced or not? Are you gifted to know this when you have never met me nor are qualified even if you had met me? I hardly think so. And to reason that I hate people simply because I hate the unnatural act of booty pumping is ridiculous. You have judged me without a cause and you did that with the teaching of the very books that you also judge as bogus. Is not that hypocritical?

Filthy... its a matter of the practice involved as well as the individuals involved. The inference seems aimed solely at male on male sexuality as there really isn't anything that could be construed as "filthy" when referring to a lesbian couple aside from your personal aversion to it. Going back to a male on male act... the level of filthiness from a clinical perspective isn't nearly as filthy as you may want to believe or have been taught and furthermore, there are many prophylactic steps that can be taken to avoid unnecessary messiness.

Once again your admission is not in accordance with the bible. In fact it is totally against the Christian bible. By this also shows your intent in defense of the unnatural acts of both man and woman. That is why I said that no more could be said by me. You endorse perversion while I do not and it is that simple. Call it whatever you want but to my God it is unnatural and filthy. Your clinical explanations mean nothing to God but then your God is not my God by your own admission.

Does hating an act of sin mean that one hates the sinner? No, by no means does it mean that. You judge and expect no judgment.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: artistpoet
a reply to: Entreri06

All Humans are capable of hate and bigotry ...
It is not exclusive to just Christians though the details of those base emotions may vary

Absolutely!!! But I'm not the one pretending me or my religion is speacial!

:p
edit on 4-5-2015 by Entreri06 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Entreri06

a reply to: Entreri06

All Humans are capable of hate and bigotry ...
It is not exclusive to just Christians though the details of those base emotions may vary

Absolutely!!! But I'm not the one pretending me or my religion is speacial!

:p

Fair comment

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede
Simply because some heterosexuals engage in anal sex does not mean they are not also booty pumpers. It is still a filthy diseased ridden unnatural act to me and to my God. Regardless of how you are offended does not make it acceptable to Christianity and the Christian God. The slurs towards Christ Jesus and His God are just as offensive to me and many others as well as my slurs are offensive to you. I am not into political correctness.

Thanks for perfectly demonstrating what a true Christian is NOT. Also the act is indeed perfectly natural as it happens in nature constantly. Disease is spread through heterosexual sex as well. Funny you should argue using false premises and fear mongering filled with hatred rather than facts. You only follow Jesus' teachings when it suits you? This defines to a T the type of behavior that is influenced by the violent and hateful passages that the OP brought to light in this thread, and typifies the contradiction with the old testament god and the new testament god.

I wasn't expecting somebody to rush in and prove him correct, but you pretty much just did exactly that! The saddest part is that there are actually thousands upon thousands that agree with this bigoted view and look down on others as a result. This is a major problem with society and if you were a homosexual, you wouldn't be saying any of the above, so not only do you contradict Jesus, you completely lack empathy for folks that Jesus would have embraced.

Call it whatever you want but to my God it is unnatural and filthy. Your clinical explanations mean nothing to God but then your God is not my God by your own admission.

Wrong. You don't know any of that. You have blind faith that it is unnatural and filthy to YOUR GOD that supposedly created humans full well knowing that many would be attracted to the same sex. It doesn't make sense. Why create that attraction as a possibility if it is a filthy and unnatural act? Why is this act practiced all up and down the animal kingdom if it is unnatural? We get it, you aren't gay and you think it's "yucky", but you do realize there are plenty of people that think your religion is equally distinguishing. Plus homosexuals think straight sex is "yucky" so there goes that argument.

edit on 4-5-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Seede

Was thinking what would be the best way to respond to this, but thankfully you came and show exactly what I am unable to explain by simple use of words.

This kind of people in past would burn/kill/silence everyone who did not match their imaginary gods delusion and his will...

Thank you for saving me writing an explanation...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Thanks for perfectly demonstrating what a true Christian is NOT. Also the act is indeed perfectly natural as it happens in nature constantly. Disease is spread through heterosexual sex as well. Funny you should argue using false premises and fear mongering filled with hatred rather than facts. You only follow Jesus' teachings when it suits you? This defines to a T the type of behavior that is influenced by the violent and hateful passages that the OP brought to light in this thread, and typifies the contradiction with the old testament god and the new testament god.

You are welcome.
I have not demonstrated anything as yet. Are you implying that you understand what a true Christian is and yet endorse the sin of booty pumping? Could you give the source of the bible that you have in which it is permissible to be a homosexual or lesbian?

Homosexuality is perfectly normal according to Jesus? It is normal among some of the animal kingdom but only the ones that are not accountable for sin according to Christianity. The filthy acts of homosexuality and lesbian practice are not of Christianity according to manuscripts of Christianity. It may be normal to you but not to the God of Christ Jesus. Regardless of being normal to this culture is not to say that God approves of that act. You do understand that simply because an entire group of humans kill and eat the flesh of other humans that it is approved by God?

Yes disease is spread through heterosexual behavior and that is also addressed by God in the bible. Yes it a sin once a person becomes aware of that being a sin. No, God does not approve of any sin and God is not indwelling in anyone while that one is in the act of sin.

I wasn't expecting somebody to rush in and prove him correct, but you pretty much just did exactly that! The saddest part is that there are actually thousands upon thousands that agree with this bigoted view and look down on others as a result. This is a major problem with society and if you were a homosexual, you wouldn't be saying any of the above, so not only do you contradict Jesus, you completely lack empathy for folks that Jesus would have embraced.

I am not rushing in. You do realize we are on page 20? I hardly believe he or you are correct. I do believe also that it is very sad to realize how perverted a culture can descend in a few short years. You are correct in that if I were a booty pumper that I too would champion this filthy act.

Contradict Jesus? How does hating the sin of homosexuality and lesbianism contradict Jesus? Can you show this in the teachings of Christ Jesus? Please give your source. If I hate murder or theft does that mean that I look down upon that sinner? You are another one who judges without wanting to be judged. You have no idea of what I am or what I think of any sinner.

Why create that attraction as a possibility if it is a filthy and unnatural act?

God did not create the sin in us. You and I created all the sin that we have. And yes, we all have a lot of sin in us. But God didn't do it. We did this all by ourselves. God simply gave us the ability to either embrace a sin or overcome that sin. If you don't believe in the Christian God then so be it. That is your right to do so. If you think booty pumping is perfectly normal then that is your right to think so and with that thought then there is nothing more to say. Your words show your allegiance. Nothing more to be said.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

You are welcome.
I have not demonstrated anything as yet. Are you implying that you understand what a true Christian is and yet endorse the sin of booty pumping? Could you give the source of the bible that you have in which it is permissible to be a homosexual or lesbian?

I certainly hope you condemn divorce with the same fervent as you do sodomy.

Homosexuality is perfectly normal according to Jesus? It is normal among some of the animal kingdom but only the ones that are not accountable for sin according to Christianity. The filthy acts of homosexuality and lesbian practice are not of Christianity according to manuscripts of Christianity. It may be normal to you but not to the God of Christ Jesus. Regardless of being normal to this culture is not to say that God approves of that act. You do understand that simply because an entire group of humans kill and eat the flesh of other humans that it is approved by God?

People don't have urges that make them WANT to crave human flesh. Terrible comparison.

Yes disease is spread through heterosexual behavior and that is also addressed by God in the bible. Yes it a sin once a person becomes aware of that being a sin. No, God does not approve of any sin and God is not indwelling in anyone while that one is in the act of sin.

So all those heterosexual people who have gotten divorces or had children out of wedlock are also sinner in the eyes of God correct? They should be just irredeemable as a homosexual right?

I am not rushing in. You do realize we are on page 20? I hardly believe he or you are correct. I do believe also that it is very sad to realize how perverted a culture can descend in a few short years. You are correct in that if I were a booty pumper that I too would champion this filthy act.

You may not believe I'm correct, but you are demonstrating the VERY behavior that I am lamenting in the OP, so you are definitely a good case study to look at when speaking on this.

Contradict Jesus? How does hating the sin of homosexuality and lesbianism contradict Jesus? Can you show this in the teachings of Christ Jesus? Please give your source. If I hate murder or theft does that mean that I look down upon that sinner? You are another one who judges without wanting to be judged. You have no idea of what I am or what I think of any sinner.

Jesus never condemned homosexuality.

God did not create the sin in us. You and I created all the sin that we have. And yes, we all have a lot of sin in us. But God didn't do it. We did this all by ourselves. God simply gave us the ability to either embrace a sin or overcome that sin. If you don't believe in the Christian God then so be it. That is your right to do so. If you think booty pumping is perfectly normal then that is your right to think so and with that thought then there is nothing more to say. Your words show your allegiance. Nothing more to be said.

Cut the philosophical talk. Science has pretty much proven that homosexuals can't help the urges they feel for people of similar sex as their own. The only available explanation for such a thing if you want to believe god exists is that god made those people homosexual. It ISN'T a choice and you are lying to yourself and possibly using that lie to hurt others through your ignorance.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

This kind of people in past would burn/kill/silence everyone who did not match their imaginary gods delusion and his will...

The type of person you are referring to that would cause harm and death to another fellow being is not exclusively religious
... they could be political tyrants also

Bigotry and hatred is the underlying problem was my point

Are all Christians full of hate and bigotry .... NO not by any means
Does the Bible contain Bigotry and hatred ... YES some

Does the Bible also contain Love and Compassion ... YES lots

edit on 4-5-2015 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

You are welcome SuperFrog,

I don't know your age but at my age of near ninety you will become either more submissive or become more strengthened. As you can see this forum has become a house of stars to the contenders of Christ Jesus. Most do not want a theological conversation of intelligence but instead want an argument of contention. Their goal is to destroy that foundation of the Christ.

Keep your chin up. A battle lost is not the war.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Are all Christians full of hate and bigotry .... NO not by any means
Does the Bible contain Bigotry and hatred ... YES some

You are missing most important one:

Does the Bible calls for hate and action against nonbelievers - yes, it does

There is a good reason in today society we have separation between religion, education and politics (to some extend, not enough if you ask me), and times when those 3 were merged we call 'dark ages'.

I am at around half of that age... and thankfully this explains a lot. There is a good reason humanity is outgrowing this wicked view of 'just', 'moral' and 'myth' and thankfully my kids already don't have to grow up with so much hate of times when you grow up... WE are still not were I hope we will get, but we will get there, eventually...

I would love to hear what you think about this video...

Please, do comment...

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

A true Christian, from what I understand, is Christ-like. They do not put others down and actively preach hatred toward them. They do not judge others. In reality you have no clue what god actually wants. You have an ancient story book that you think is his word, but have no actual evidence or justification to support such a claim.

Jesus would not preach hatred. I personally, do not care if the bible permits homosexuality or not. I think the bible is a primitive book written by barely literate people who didn't understand anything about the world they live in. It wasn't written by god, it was written by man and the writers obviously couldn't get past the "yucky" factor and it seems you can't either.

Jesus taught empathy, which you seem to have no concept of at all. Can you put yourself in a persecuted homosexual's shoes? I doubt it. That would mean you would have to imagine the majority of population being homosexual and telling you that your attraction to women is wrong and the acts you perform with women are disgusting and you are going to hell for it. Could you force yourself to become a homosexual if it pleased your god?

Obviously you could not, because you are not attracted to men (at least it seems so) and you can't fake an attraction (though many try to do this to avoid persecution). I think you would simply choose not to believe in that god instead. Think about it. Homosexuals feel the same way when you criticize them over what sex they are attracted to. They aren't going to suddenly see the light and turn straight. That isn't how it works regardless of what the bible calls a "sin".

I hardly believe he or you are correct. I do believe also that it is very sad to realize how perverted a culture can descend in a few short years. You are correct in that if I were a booty pumper that I too would champion this filthy act.

IMO, sexual repression is a bad thing and only leads to more teenagers wanting to have premarital sex. I don't know a single Christian that did not have sex before marriage and my entire family is Christian. Sexuality is something that folks should be proud of, not hide it away in the closet because some ancient unprovable storybook says so. If sexuality weren't so repressed over here in America, we wouldn't need the modern day sexual revolution. You see it as moral decline, I see it as much better for society overall, because people aren't being fake to appease religion.

First, "lesbianism" IS homosexuality, so I'm not sure why you keep differentiating between the 2. You aren't just hating the sin, you are actively preaching hate against the people, by saying things like "disease ridden", "booty pumper", "unnatural" etc. Aren't you supposed to let god be the judge? You have already condemned them to eternal torture and suffering and as a result view them as lesser people unworthy of god's kingdom. Preaching hate and ignoring empathy is what contradicts Jesus. I know exactly what you think of the sinner, you made in abundantly clear above.

Here's the issue. Homosexuality is based on an attraction that many folks are born with. You call the act sinful, but the act is based on the attraction. It's not like they actually get to make a choice here. You are pretty much saying they have to force themselves to be unnaturally straight or they go to hell. You do not get to choose who you are attracted to. Some folks view overweight people as disgusting, but then again plenty of others love bigger women. Different strokes for different folks. You can't compare an attraction to moral dilemma like choosing not to get revenge instead of doing something you'll regret or stealing from somebody or helping somebody less fortunate. Homosexuality is an amoral concept, it has nothing to do with making choices that harm others or affect them negatively.

Honestly, if there is a god, I do not think god is a bigot. If he is, he is probably not god.

edit on 4-5-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Does the Bible calls for hate and action against nonbelievers - yes, it does

I am not disputing what you say
But that must be balanced with other things in the Bible is my point

Example ... The Good Samaritan

Th Bible is a mish mash of writings from various sources written down by mostly men ... some also have been censored out ... such as the Gnostic Gospels and the Celtic Church's teachings
One must "separate the wheat from the chaff" is my point

As individuals non are perfect ... everyone has faults be they Christian or not ...
For example one of my favourite poets Dante, was Christian yet though he had many deep insights he too had faults
Should I throw way all his books because of this or try to understand the times and mind set he was born into

There is a good reason in today society we have separation between religion, education and politics (to some extend, not enough if you ask me), and times when those 3 were merged we call 'dark ages'.

I agree ... state and religion needs separation but also those who wish to follow religion must have the right to do so
Christianity in it's origins was suppressed in the most horrendous fashion ...

My point is about balance and tolerance and also non encroachment

For example a Christian zealot told me I was of the devil when I refused one of his flyers
However it did not make me condemn all Christians because I have Christian friends who are the best of people in how they conduct their life in regard to others

I am merely trying to add some balance to this topic

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So all those heterosexual people who have gotten divorces or had children out of wedlock are also sinner in the eyes of God correct? They should be just irredeemable as a homosexual right?

Being heterosexual is not to say one is sinless. Even the Apostles were sinners. You make a bad comparison. I have never suggested irredeemable. That word is left to the judge and not the Christian and I have never even suggested that a homosexual or lesbian were condemned or irredeemable. Recognizing sin and being a sinner is not the same. I have judged no one of myself but only as written by the Apostles. If a man rightfully judges himself then he will not be judged.

You may not believe I'm correct, but you are demonstrating the VERY behavior that I am lamenting in the OP, so you are definitely a good case study to look at when speaking on this.

You are correct. I do not believe you are correct and I am honored to be your example of contending the acceptance of homosexual and lesbian sin.

Jesus never condemned homosexuality.

Prove that will you? Yes prove that statement by all means.

Cut the philosophical talk. Science has pretty much proven that homosexuals can't help the urges they feel for people of similar sex as their own. The only available explanation for such a thing if you want to believe god exists is that god made those people homosexual. It ISN'T a choice and you are lying to yourself and possibly using that lie to hurt others through your ignorance.

Then obey your science but God made science and science did not make God. And what if there is no God to make the sinner sin? Would it then be this science that is at fault? You need not be so concerned because it is the law of this land that approves this sin against God. But if God does not exist then you have nothing to be concerned.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Being heterosexual is not to say one is sinless. Even the Apostles were sinners. You make a bad comparison. I have never suggested irredeemable. That word is left to the judge and not the Christian and I have never even suggested that a homosexual or lesbian were condemned or irredeemable. Recognizing sin and being a sinner is not the same. I have judged no one of myself but only as written by the Apostles. If a man rightfully judges himself then he will not be judged.

You give a damn good idea of what you think of these people with the adjectives you use to describe their actions. I realize you are an old man now and probably won't have anymore children, but I'm truly curious what you would do if one of your children had come out gay to you, then wanted to get married to someone of the same sex.

You are correct. I do not believe you are correct and I am honored to be your example of contending the acceptance of homosexual and lesbian sin.

I notice you failed to mention your position on divorce and having children out of wedlock.

Prove that will you? Yes prove that statement by all means.

The only way I can prove that is for me to post the entire New Testament and have you read it so we can both see he didn't condemn homosexuality. I'm not going to do that. You could try to prove that Jesus DID condemn homosexuality though.

Then obey your science but God made science and science did not make God.

Of course science didn't make god. If that were the case then god would actually make sense. No god comes from human imagination. That's why god is so humanized.

And what if there is no God to make the sinner sin? Would it then be this science that is at fault?

Fault? Why does there have to be a fault to begin with? If there is no god then there is no reason to believe that homosexuality is wrong.

You need not be so concerned because it is the law of this land that approves this sin against God. But if God does not exist then you have nothing to be concerned.

If only it worked out that way... But like I pointed out in the bible, people who believe as you do tend to try to use their beliefs to change laws and discriminate against these people then hide behind your religion claiming "Freedom of religion" like the 1st amendment gives you carte blache to keep someone else from having equal rights.

If things TRULY worked out like you just said then there wouldn't be a need for discussions like this. I'd keep to myself and you'd keep to yourself and the gays would keep to themselves. Everyone would be happy because everyone would share rights. You may not disapprove of their actions, but your disapproval certainly isn't holding those people back.
edit on 4-5-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

A true Christian, from what I understand, is Christ-like. They do not put others down and actively preach hatred toward them. They do not judge others. In reality you have no clue what god actually wants. You have an ancient story book that you think is his word, but have no actual evidence or justification to support such a claim.

I have put no man or woman down,whatever that means. I have only wrote what the Apostles have taught and were taught by Christ Jesus. I am not preaching but only repeating the commands of God. I have judged no one. If you are pricked then it is because you are aware of sin. I do have a (clue) of what God wants by reading His commands.

How can you say - "A true Christian, from what I understand, is Christ-like" - and then say - "You have an ancient story book that you think is his word, but have no actual evidence or justification to support such a claim." Isn't that silly?
Do you understand what you say? Do you understand that without that ancient story book that you do not have your "Christ Like?"

I think the bible is a primitive book written by barely literate people who didn't understand anything about the world they live in. It wasn't written by god, it was written by man and the writers obviously couldn't get past the "yucky" factor and it seems you can't either.

And now you can understand exactly how a True Christian feels. It took a lot of words to finally show you exactly what we feel as Christians when you spout your hate and judgment. It is fine for your camp to insult us with your foulness but become agitated when the same applies to you. Leaving you in this thought. Do you think this is a game of who will win and who will lose? If you exterminated every Christian in the world you would only look forward to the same with Islam. Then who? If you lived a thousand lifetimes you could never win the game. If Christianity bothers you why bother it?

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I notice you failed to mention your position on divorce and having children out of wedlock.

You seem to be well versed in the entire NT so what does the Apostles teach concerning divorce and procreating bastards? Does that word offend you and your political correctness? Is divorce against God? Is a out of wed lock child called a bastard? Being that this is your platform suppose you tell me.

edit on 4-5-2015 by Seede because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

The only apostle that ever condemned "homosexuality" was the self proclaimed apostle who never met Jesus, if he existed, in the first place, Saul of Tarsus, A Roman citizen.

It's funny how you think that society has deteriorated so badly. During the first century, homosexuality was way more popular and accepted than it is today. Nero married a transsexual man, for crying out loud! Men had sex with young boys, all the time, and the biblical Jesus never said a word about it.

Male on Male 1st century Roman Oil Lamp

Although Roman men in general seem to have preferred youths between the ages of 12 and 20 as sexual partners, freeborn male minors were strictly off-limits, and professional prostitutes and entertainers might be considerably older.

Roman ideals of masculinity were thus premised on taking an active role that was also, as Craig A. Williams has noted, "the prime directive of masculine sexual behavior for Romans." In the late 20th and early 21st centuries, scholars have tended to view expressions of Roman male sexuality in terms of a "penetrator-penetrated" binary model; that is, the proper way for a Roman male to seek sexual gratification was to insert his penis in his partner. Allowing himself to be penetrated threatened his liberty as a free citizen as well as his sexual integrity.

It was expected and socially acceptable for a freeborn Roman man to want sex with both female and male partners, as long as he took the penetrative role. en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 4-5-2015 by windword because: link

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

If only it worked out that way... But like I pointed out in the bible, people who believe as you do tend to try to use their beliefs to change laws and discriminate against these people then hide behind your religion claiming "Freedom of religion" like the 1st amendment gives you carte blache to keep someone else from having equal rights.

I noted your anger. Is that because you know that you are mistaken? What laws do you accuse me of changing? It seems that when I was a youngster that the laws were discriminating homosexuality in the U.S. but now have become the platform of righteousness. Isn't it a fact that abortion was also regarded as shameful and considered murder but now is the permissive will of the people? Discriminate? I have no discriminative power. As I said you have the right to be a homosexual and kill babies. That right is protected by the law of the land. Don't become so upset with an old geezer with one foot in the grave. I have no power to infringe upon your rights to sin.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It's funny how you think that society has deteriorated so badly. During the first century, homosexuality was way more popular and accepted than it is today. Nero married a transsexual man, for crying out loud! Men had sex with young boys, all the time, and the biblical Jesus never said a word about it.

Paul was of Jesus and being of Jesus and taught by Jesus he taught of God.
Matthew 5:17-19
(17) Think not that I came to destroy the law or the prophets: I came not to destroy, but to fulfil. (18) For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass away from the law, till all things be accomplished. (19) Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.
You error greatly and don't understand. Bashing Paul will not change the law.

posted on May, 4 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: artistpoet

I understand what you say, but issue with Bible and all other let's call them 'holy' books, but that is no name I would prefer (for me all of them have about the same amount of wisdom as rest of mythology, actually some mythology texts are far ahead of its time), all of them have one thing in common - they can be interpreted in many ways and were mostly misinterpreted.

I think of myself as tolerant person, don't really care what you believe in, but once that belief starts to influence my life and life of my kids, that is where I have a problem. For example, Wendy Write was listed as one of "The 100 Most Powerful Women of Washington" in 2006 by Washingtonian magazine. She has influence over politicians and conservative folk and is trying to include creationist pseudo-science in science books in schools?!

No one is stopping her to believe all she wants, even that unicorns are real, but why should my kids suffer with education because some grown up can't differentiate between folklore tales and reality and science?!

Again, history teaches us that religion on power was never good thing. Look at Islam world today. I have a feeling that we are heading that way, some top scientist tried to warn us of this... but even you are helping them, probably even not knowing...

I see old timer did not want to comment my little video...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join