It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the moment that "Time Travel" was discovered?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Well accept that your TV or what ever could not have produced a higher definition graphic from any signal from the future cause the hardware limits this and back then it was not possible to produce HD on anything you watched a movie on. I guess you had a vision.

The TV's in that time were all analog, a signal going back in time atleast using recent theories would have to be digital. The TV wouldn't even be able to understand the signal.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: HippyAIDS
a reply to: Nochzwei

It was kind of like this.. Only with better visuals.. I'm sure I seen HSBC advertised too..

There is a Unocal building with the same architecture in Midland Texas.

Asian key in 2021?

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad

"do you think that we are now living in an alternative "future" and things have changed? "

Timelines and parallel universes do no work like that. Every action and quantum fluctuation creates them.

posted on Apr, 21 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
In studying time and searching for a way to manipulate it, I think we need to establish that it can in fact travel at all. Start at the beginning.

physicsworld.com...

This seems to indicate that Einstein's thoughts on space time were in fact valid. Once you have the basics down, then move towards more ambitious travel times.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

I agree with your two comments. While time travel and wormholes may be theoretically possible, that does not mean they will ever occur. If a super massive black hole at the center of the galaxy is not able to bend space/time to create a wormhole, it is unlikely an intelligent being could ever do so. The energy requirements are too great and unlikely to either ever be controllable or even be able to be produced. The cost of failure would be to destroy the entire world or even the entire solar system. Rather, I think humans are going to have to be satisfied with the idea that the galaxy can be colonized by humans, but, it is going to take a long time and require generational travel. There won't be visitors from the future coming back to show us anything.

I hope no one takes me as being close minded. I think research should continue in this area because it may have many applications we can't fathom today. Its just the end result isn't likely to be able to master time.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Personally I think that sending transmissions back in time is possible and that it is probably going to happen in the next few years or so if it hasn't already happened.

Back in the 80s as a child I had an odd experience. I was watching a movie which was one of those Indiana Jones style films such as 'Romancing the Stone' or 'King Solomans Mines' on ITV, probably late 80s and early in the afternoon. When the adverts came on one of the adverts (the Peugeot 405 one with the burning corn field and the 'take my breath away' song) was interrupted by some strange interference and then a message from around 2015ish.

The voice was slightly garbled, but it was saying that it was the first experiment in sending transmissions back from the future. The visiual transmission was also like nothing I had ever seen. The graphics were more like something you would only get in more recent times with high end computers like a high spec PC or Xbox. The visual was like a camera angle flying through a tunnel with advertisements for several familiar and unfamiliar companies including, but not limited banks. This transmission only lasted for around 30 seconds and then disappeared again with some static in time for the end of the advert that it has interrupted.

Now of course this may be simply the product of an over active imagination or a dream, but I doubt that. The memory exists and feels vivid and real. Make of that what you will, but I am pretty sure that I am not mental or making this up.

Well accept that your TV or what ever could not have produced a higher definition graphic from any signal from the future cause the hardware limits this and back then it was not possible to produce HD on anything you watched a movie on. I guess you had a vision.

The actual picture was just SD however the visuals were like nothing around at the time..

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The TV's in that time were all analog, a signal going back in time atleast using recent theories would have to be digital. The TV wouldn't even be able to understand the signal.

Why would the signal have to be a digital one? Maybe 'they' sent back an analog signal.

Side note. I feel like I am hijacking part of this thread. Can anyone suggest where I should repost this on ATS?

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Why would the signal have to be a digital one? Maybe 'they' sent back an analog signal.

Side note. I feel like I am hijacking part of this thread. Can anyone suggest where I should repost this on ATS?

Assuming I understand the theory correctly when it comes to sending a message through time, the message is encoded using the spin of subatomic particles. Spinning in one direction=0 while spinning in the other direction=1. It's the same idea as behind quantum entanglement. Essentially, it's a binary signal which is digital rather than analog.

Sending back an analog signal would require a completely different type of technology, which isn't to say it isn't possible but it's much less likely.

posted on Apr, 22 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Have you seen on tv or youtube the two guys that were in the military and experienced what they thought was a ufo but one of the army guys investigating the"UFO" on the army base which was crazy light anomaly if I remember had constant bit of info he had felt he received and he wrote it down in 1's and 0's and than someone suggested binary code and it converted into some sort of message from tests sent at that based. I forget if it was from past or future. But they say the likely hood of a person traveling back is impossible but forward is only possible direction. However if you found a way to send data which is body less than the time and point it slows down you may be able to turn into some form of message. If the ufo story was real you bet any more interactions from the past or future were kept secret. What better place to test than an army base where you know people will be guarding the base.

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Berenstain Bears

posted on Apr, 23 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
Berenstain Bears

*Ahem* BerenSTEIN cough cough

posted on Apr, 24 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Who really knows what TPTP are working on. Maybe the goal was to make a signal that old tech could pick up. It would make sense of you were doing an experiment to send information back in time.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Talking about deja vu really peaks my interest. As I was growing up I had deja vu's but they weren't your average deja vu's and for a bit I wondered if I was just a little bit crazy lol.

If you ever watched final destination, my deja vu's were basically the same. I'd get that deja vu feeling and then suddenly it would feel like time fast forwarded and then it would rebound leaving me with memories of things about to happen. The memories or vision wouldn't be more then 10-15 seconds into the future. It was completely random like I would think normal deja vu's are.

After awhile it was bugging me because I didn't know if it was some weird mental thing or if somehow my brain was picking up on some kind of time distortions. Perhaps gravity waves traveling through the fabric of space creates some sort of ridges/valleys and my brain could sense the ripple or distortion.

In the end I only managed to really describe my deja vu to one person at a social event because it was so random it usually took a few seconds to figure out what was happening. It was a complete stranger/kid my age and basically told him in the next 15 seconds all these events were going to happen, when they were going to happen, and what it all was going to look like. Then as we both watched, it all played out and I was like yes, I finally proved it to someone. He was sort of like, I don't get what was the point of telling me this since it was like he thought I knew what was planned in the event and the information I shared was really mundane.

Soo, moving to the present I've completely lost this strange ability as I've aged but I don't really mind since it never really helped me out in any meaningful way I believe.
edit on 26-4-2015 by Slaghton because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: chelsealad
Ttoday is the tomorrow, you worried about yesterday.

posted on May, 3 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Hello OP,

The short answer is, yes. Time travel is possible. But before diving in, understand that the term "time travel" is similar to the term "sunset" or "sunrise." We now know that the sun does in fact move, but it is the earth's rotation which gives us the impression of the sun moving from east to west. Even though, we still use the term "sunrise" with the full understanding that it is not the sun physically rising and then setting that gives us our days. The term time travel is similar in this regard.

What we call "time travel" is not necessarily just the movement of linear time forwards or backwards, although this is where the idea begins. We think of time in the same way that some thought of the earth eons ago-- that it is flat. However time is not just linear, it also has depth.

The paradoxes expressed in past thinking (i.e. the grandfather paradox) is (in my opinion) is a false paradox. The idea is that things cannot be changed once they have occurred. This is true, and it is also untrue.

Think of the universe as the "playable space" of all possibilities. The term "playable space" comes from statistics. It is the layout of all possible possibilities for an event. For a simple binary problem, like a coin-flip, the playable space is very easily imaginable. When we flip a coin, it will land either heads or tails (and for those playing devil's advocate-- possibly on its side). This is the playable space for the coin-flip. The space that surrounds us is just that; it is the playable space for every single event that can happen or will ever happen for every single thing in existence. In this regard the playable space is quite vast and almost impossible to imagine due to this vastness.

So because all options exist in this playable space, it is not necessary for one to go back in time and "change" an event in order for time travel to be said possible. Rather, as some people have pointed out, when an event is changed that would create a paradox, there is a shift to an alternate/parallel reality. I would press further to say that this alternate reality was already in existence, regardless of a time traveler discovering it. Think Christopher Columbus "discovering" the new world. The new world did not appear the moment Mr. Columbus set sail but was already happily existing.

I will conclude by giving this metaphor: think of the universe as a record album. The grooves and bumps on the record are the events that have happened/will happen/are happening. The needle on record player is our subjective consciousness. When we time travel linearly (i.e. moving at great speeds) we are able to effect the speed at which the record plays. When we decide to play the record backwards, the song is distorted although the bumps and grooves are still in the same place. If there is a particular moment of the record we enjoy and wish to play it again, the record's needle can be moved back to this position and replayed. Relative to the record, we have gone "back in time" but relative to the listener/needle, time is still progressing forward. This is similar to sunset and sunrise in that it is a false (mis) nomenclature. If we are to change an event, we are then listening to a different record which could vary by a single changed bump or groove, or by many.

I believe that time travel is only scratching the surface with regards to understanding movement in this 4th dimension. The current mainstream understanding of time travel is very "flat," where things must line up (i.e. predictions) in order to prove or believe in the existence of time travel or even understand it. I believe it is much deeper than just that.

godbless

posted on May, 6 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dougie6665
a reply to: Frocharocha

I agree with your two comments. While time travel and wormholes may be theoretically possible, that does not mean they will ever occur. If a super massive black hole at the center of the galaxy is not able to bend space/time to create a wormhole, it is unlikely an intelligent being could ever do so. The energy requirements are too great and unlikely to either ever be controllable or even be able to be produced. The cost of failure would be to destroy the entire world or even the entire solar system. Rather, I think humans are going to have to be satisfied with the idea that the galaxy can be colonized by humans, but, it is going to take a long time and require generational travel. There won't be visitors from the future coming back to show us anything.

I hope no one takes me as being close minded. I think research should continue in this area because it may have many applications we can't fathom today. Its just the end result isn't likely to be able to master time.

Pretty much, in order to create a wormhole we would need to be able ot generate a field able to control a gravity field that is so strong that not even light can escape. If you do the calculation you will discover that the gravational pull of the black hole is on the house of 10e18. The gravity would be so strong is so great that only staying by the side of it would make minutes become years outside the event horizon.

You would need stomething that could bypass the laws of conservation of mass, energy and momentum. Way to far from current technology.

Also the energy required to create a blackhole would make the entire energy output from the sun laughable in comparassion.

edit on 6-5-2015 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=19316662]Frocharocha You would need stomething that could bypass the laws of conservation of mass, energy and momentum. Way to far from current technology.

That is quite correct. However technology exists

posted on May, 8 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think that Time Travel can only be possible if you would have a counter part of your "machine" at your destination point and time. Something like the portals in Stargate, because I think it might need some energy or mechanism to run this whole thing. Like sending a signal and receiving a signal.

So you couldn't let's say arrive in ancient greece just out of thin air. And even if you could, how would one power their machine to come back?

ETA: The day we actually build this machine, this day would mark day zero. The earliest point we can go back to, from the future.
edit on 8-5-2015 by Hellas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
a reply to: MensaIT3

I'd go along with that.

For all intents and purposes, as time travel is a theoretical scientific possibility...it will at some point be realised by Humanity, and by others before or behind our discovery.

Which all conspires to mean, that time travel has already been perfected and utilised, whether or not it is perfected tomorrow or in 1000 years time...it has always been present, at all points in time.

We're talking about time travel after all.

There must exist some authority that would be acting as protectors of the timeline or similar organisation...whether they actually exist YET is irrelevant, because they will exist at some time, and then have access to time itself.

Although perhaps not...perhaps the concepts of causality and temporal paradoxes are just sci-fi musings with no basis in reality.

The realities of time travel may be even stranger than our Science Fiction authors have imagined.

It could be that for every event triggered by a time traveller that previously has been thought to generate a paradox, i.e. going back in time and accidentally killing your grandfather (grandfather paradox) actually doesn't cause a reality destroying paradox at all..but instead causes the creation of infinite alternate realities, each minutely different and each specific to the time traveller's actions or inactions during his or her travelling.

A new timeline is created to compensate for the action of killing the grandfather, so the paradoxial effects are shunted to a new, but alternate timeline instead of destroying or adversely affecting our current one.

I know nothing about time travel but it would seem to me by your post you would have to have traveled to a alternate realty from the get go, or there would indeed be changes to the present you left.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join