It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Agreement Reveals Covert Program to Hide Reclassification from Public.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Bit of a hastily cobbled together thread due to time but did think this article may be relevant to the UFO subject -apparently the 'National Archives Signed Deal with Air Force to Disguise Re-review of Open Files and Mislead Researchers on Reasons for Withdrawing Previously Open Records'.

Can certainly think of a few instances where UFO information is still being officially witheld by the U.S. Government (USAF data involving the Edwards AFB UFO incident classified for 30 years being a good example) -there's also lots of claims about UFO documentation being 'lost' over the years, very recently by the NSA.

Secret Agreement Reveals Covert Program to Hide Reclassification from Public

The National Archives and Records Administration secretly agreed to a covert effort, led by the Air Force, the CIA, and other still-hidden intelligence entities, to remove open-shelf archival records and reclassify them while disguising the results so that researchers would not complain, according to a previously secret Memorandum of Understanding..

Thought researcher Kevin Randle also made some very good points below about 'The Decline and Fall of FOIA' and about how the teeth have been removed from it - also brought up is the fact that the Bush administration made several changes to the 'interpretation' of the FOIA laws and, in June 2003, the Department of Justice actually held meetings 'to train FOIA officers how to keep more information from being disclosed under FOIA'.

Also thought it apt that the U.S. Air Force is stated to be 'one of the most notorious agencies of government in ignoring, denying, and essentially contravening the current requirements of the FOIA and related rules and law regarding Mandatory Declassification Review requests (MDRs)' and wasn't really surprised to learn that in 2007 they won the Rosemary award for worst FOIA performance from the National Security Archives group at George Washington University.

There are those who believe that the Freedom of Information Act is the gateway to all knowledge about UFOs. If you have a question, just file a FOIA request and the information will be sent to you. Anything you wish to know, you can learn, if you can find the right agency, form your questions intelligently, and if you have a little patience.

And I say crapola…

The point here is that it doesn’t seem that FOIA works as well as it used to. It seems that they can ignore repeated requests, and I really don’t want to pay an attorney two hundred dollars an hour to sue them for a response, only to learn that the information is considered vital to national security which would launch another lawsuit. They have the resources to dance, but we out here do not.Oh, I get it that lots of people file FOIA over trivia… but then, if the records weren’t hidden away, there would be no need for FOIA. And yes, I understand that some things are a matter of national security, but I’m not sure how that might relate to the Air Force investigations of Roswell since the Air Force said it was a balloon, or how it relates to the radar tracks of a commercial airliner more than two decades ago.FOIA just doesn’t work the way it used to and that is really all I’m saying..

I believe that the problem is systemic... the teeth have been removed from the FOIA laws, they now routinely charge, they categorize the requests, all to keep from having to do anything at all. It has nothing to do with UFOs and everything to do with keeping information, however routine and dull, from the public.

I had asked for something that should have been as simple as reviewing the Command Post logs on a single date. I just wanted to know if a telephone call had been made and if a radar track had been seen... Instead, I get a number of emails that have nothing to do with that and I still have no answer to my questions.

And, I have received absolutely no answer from one office at all. I have sent, over the last year, four separate requests for the very same information.

The point is that FOIA is sick and dying and that has nothing to do with UFOs.

link

Yes there's lots of official UFO documentation out there (link) but it really does make a person wonder just what it is they are withholding and there are plenty of other examples of Government UFO files, sensitive military UFO reports, official UFO footage, gun camera photographs, radar tapes, satellite data, Military pilot transcripts, Control Tower tapes, Naval log books, official UFO meeting minutes, security footage, physical trace evidence samples and official UFO investigation records being withheld, missing, stolen, destroyed or confiscated here.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: karl 12

I think it is time that instead of issuing FOIA documents with redacted segments, FOIA requests SPECIFICALLY IN THE FIELD OF UFO INCIDENTS, should NEVER feature redactions. There is no need. There is no one to protect, and no critical mission detail involved in some of the most important cases, and we know that just as well as do the people who redact them anyway.

Get the whole shebang out in the open, and stop with the merry go round tactics, that's my two pence on the subject.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: karl 12

Yes there's lots of official UFO documentation out there (link) but it really does make a person wonder just what it is they are withholding and there are plenty of other examples of Government UFO files, sensitive military UFO reports, official UFO footage, gun camera photographs, radar tapes, satellite data, Military pilot transcripts, Control Tower tapes, Naval log books, official UFO meeting minutes, security footage, physical trace evidence samples and official UFO investigation records being withheld, missing, stolen, destroyed or confiscated here.

I was unaware of you other thread that's linked there. Jesus Christ the suppression is endless.

Good job as always karl for the info provided. Keep up the good work. S & F

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I agree they declassify stuff in such an esoteric manner that the public usually doesn't hear about it for decades.

Good example is this photo from 1946, Anyone able to identify that airport for clues?
Really long runway probably over 10,0000 ft so should narrow the possibilities.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well the most important thing is they are waking people up, and in the end its up to them when disclosure takes place, when we're up to the level of awareness that can make those leaps either individually or collectively.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Why would this be a surprising to anyone

By God, we are talking about government that did 9/11

Everything else is cat's purrr in comparison

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I think it is time that instead of issuing FOIA documents with redacted segments, FOIA requests SPECIFICALLY IN THE FIELD OF UFO INCIDENTS, should NEVER feature redactions. There is no need. There is no one to protect, and no critical mission detail involved in some of the most important cases, and we know that just as well as do the people who redact them anyway.

Get the whole shebang out in the open, and stop with the merry go round tactics, that's my two pence on the subject.
I agree. I mean they're all Chinese lanterns and birds anyway. What's there to redact?

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
A great thread as always Karl.

That's the problem with the UFO enigma though.
Believers want facts, debunkers want solid proof, governments want to lie.

If there's nothing to hide, why redact so much information? I know they want to protect how they watch us but most of the proof doesn't effect national security.

The same with the Nick Pope AMA, where's the gun camera footage and video from sightings? Nick said it was because of copyright issues. Yes for the witness videos/images but not for the MOD stuff.

It's all smoke and mirrors so there must be something to hide.

And don't say it's secret military tech, because it's not. Where is it? 60 years on lets see these mind boggling black triangles that are silent and hover. If it was US tech it would have been used in Vietnam when it turned to #.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

To those of us that have done the research, the whole situation with UFO's is almost comical, is it not? It's like an endless wave on its way, yet there are those that still build a 10 foot wall.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I've never understood the whole releasing docs with redactions. kind of a slap in the face imo.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Its been going on since the beginning, Harry Jordon tells us while on the USS FDR that a UFO incident occurs. His Commander, in 1963, already has the protocol, make sure nothing makes it into the log books...

Maybe the Commander kept his own classified log and there is still an official record of this event somewhere, or maybe the powers that be just decided to keep it word of mouth.

/shrug, for those that are interested, there is overwhelming evidence already. But Its the same reason the NSA can violate all the privacy laws and get away it. The same reason we are letting our debt (18 trillion) run away for the next generation, apathy. Not enough people really care.

With virtually no over-site, hopefully the people who are in the know have our best interests at heart...Given how we run our current government, not sure over-site would even help.
edit on 6-3-2015 by 111DPKING111 because: added links

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:03 AM
link   
look at all the political scandals of the last 10 years. Even when caught red handed they dont come clean. IRS, Fast and Furious, WACO, Benghazi the list is endless. We dont even know jack about our president and he is a public figurehead. There is so much evidence hidden on UFOs its bizarre. personally I think the smoking gun has already been shown but people just dont want to believe it deep down and look for a reason to ignore it. When the debunking becomes more unbelievable than the obvious case after case the only conclusion i can come to is people just dont want to know. Living in denial is just an easier and happy existence. Believing in fantasies is easier to cope with than the harsh realities of life.

The idea that Aliens have been here and its been covered up the whole time is scary as hell. It means everything has been a lie. Our entire existence as a populace has been nothing more than a controlled illusion. People have zero trust in government as is. Throw in a UFO cover up for the last 70-80 years and I would expect some pretty hard core revolutions taking place on a world scale. all the technology held back while super elites profited...all the medical advancements etc. etc. Then entire system will collapse. Thats why we have such a massive cover up. But people have to get to the point where they are so sick of the lie that they are willing to accept the consequences of knowing the truth. I dont think modern culture and society as a whole is anywhere near that point as most of their life is lived through the false reality of entertainment and the internet.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico

I've never understood the whole releasing docs with redactions. kind of a slap in the face imo.

Thanks for the replies and I couldn't agree more with you there Autorico - check this one out.

Title: CIA UFO document relating to UFOs & the Soviet Union.

Date: September 8, 1971

Length: 1 page.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f21d0079055f.jpg[/atsimg]

link

There are also quite a number of authenticated government UFO documents which absolutely contradict the U.S. Government's claim that 'no government agency has ever taken an interest in UFOs since the closure of Project Bluebook'.

The USAF 'Factsheet' on UFOs.

That's another slap in the face right there.

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 111DPKING111

Its been going on since the beginning, Harry Jordon tells us while on the USS FDR that a UFO incident occurs. His Commander, in 1963, already has the protocol, make sure nothing makes it into the log books...

Think you're spot on in bringing that one up mate -fascinating report and there are now so many accounts of tampering with official Naval log books that it's not even funny anymore.

Actually the USAF may get a bad press for ignoring, denying and contravening FOIA requests but at least they've actually released UFO documents - the U.S. Navy have never released any!

Ever wonder what the U.S. Government has in their filing cabinets? Search more than 530,000 pages of declassified documents obtained through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and find out..

This section contains batches of documents that have been received from multiple agencies. The FOIA request was for all documents relating to UFOs... the following is what was released:

Army - 355 Pages - 22 megs

Central Intelligence Agency [2,763 Pages]

Defense Intelligence Agency UFO Files Through 1979 [204 Pages]
Defense Intelligence Agency UFO Files from 1979-1989 [12 Pages]
Defense Intelligence Agency UFO Files From 1990 to date [30 Pages]

Department of Defense [270 Pages]

Federal Bureau of Investigation UFO Documents [1,600 Pages] - [ Part 01 | Part 02 | Part 03 | Part 04 | Part 05 | Part 06 | Part 07 | Part 08 | Part 09 | Part 10 | Part 11 | Part 12 | Part 13 | Part 14 | Part 15 | Part 16 ]

John F. Kennedy Library [127 Pages]

NASA Headquarters [131 Pages]

National Reconnaisance Office UFO Documents (No Records)
National Security Agency's UFO Files [159 Pages]
National Security Agency's Once Exempt From Release [254 Pages]

Navy (No Records)

Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense [132 Pages]

Space Command [7 Pages]

Wright Patterson Air Force Base [910 Pages] - All documents relating to Project Sign and Grudge[ January through August, 1948 | September through December, 1948, 1949.

link

Missing US Naval UFO Information:

The sister Services, Army, USAF and CIA, DIA and NSA have released UFO files as have the British, Danes, French, Brazilians, Australians and even Uruguayans. Now the Russians.

It seems the US Navy’s turn. What specifically? For starters:

1. WWII study of ususual radar returns.

2. 4th AF documents concerning with air intrusion of Hanford, Navy radar and aircraft assets tasked to intercept same

3. About 50 AAF and Navy documents formerly TS and below refer to an equal number of other documents on the Scandinavian Ghost Rockets

4. A small amount of Navy documents in the USAF Project Blue Book files refer to other Navy documents not seen

5. AIR 203 was a Joint TS USAF/Navy study of UFOs. Yet Navy claims no records

6. BurAero analysis of AF document released not by Navy but DOD.

7. In 1951 Dr. Urner Liddel ONR claims after studying 2000 cases that UFOs are Skyhook balloons (USAF does even have 2000 cases in 1951. What does ONR have?

8. Korean War radar cases in OP322V, OP322V2 and COMNAVFE. (Some incomplete reports this era in Project BB)

9. Navy Sec Dan Kimball set UFO project in ONI in 1952

10. CIA document enumerating intel asset dedicated to UFOs refers to analyst in ONI

11. The old Hydrographic office was a published source of reports for the US Navy, merchant shipping and aircraft over waters. These were not investigated?

12. Large resevoir of “war stories” by old Navy salts, esp., aircrews and radar operators and other CIC personnel

Further, Project Blue Book record indicate numerous contacts thru Air Attaches with foreign govt on UFOs. Naval Attaches have not such contacts even with Navies that UFO significant UFO incidents or Navy UFO project, Argentina, other incidents Chile, Brazil?

In reviews for the Clinton Executive Order declassifying records over 25 years old, Army and AF comes up with hundreds of UFO documents even though these were not specifically required for index. The Navy nada.

“We do not investigate UFOs.”

“We do not keep records filed for such a topic as UFOs.”

“If we had any records on UFOs, they were destroyed.”

“If we had any records on UFOs, we transferred them to the USAF.”

The dog eat my home work. Lost at sea!

link

edit on 7-3-2015 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: UKWO1Phot

Ifs not just about ts tech. Its also about inner workins (lies , deception ,tactics,strategy) of the gov. Its not easy for them to keep track of lies and truth which can lead to official contradiction and further questioning. Also resources .

I wish we.would have had a president that ran on more open and transparent govt., oh wait.

edit on 38331America/ChicagoSat, 07 Mar 2015 00:38:22 -0600up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Instead of going through the whole rigmarole of having to keep documents that contain information that they don't want anyone to know about and then redacting them when they are made public, wouldn't it make more sense to not keep records at all about things that are highly sensitive?

When documents like this are released, couldn't they possibly be attempts to make the public think that "this is all the information there is"?

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Foirs never worked.

Yes they created some laws to give the illusion of complying to the cries, then when they died down they proceeded probably as they always planned, backwards.

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Good thread, thanks for pointing this out.
IMO, the same thing can be said about other topics of information that we can acquire, including and more so from the internet.

edit on 8-3-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Mar, 10 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Great info!

posted on Mar, 14 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKWO1Phot

If there's nothing to hide, why redact so much information?

Mate that's a very good point and I would dearly love to see (and hear) the 'withheld' information in the Edwards AFB UFO case.

Up to twelve luminous UFOs flew over this secure test facility and the region, and at least one F-106A interceptor was scrambled from George AFB at Victorville. All of this action was captured on classified U.S. Air Force audio tapes which have now been declassified and are available to the public along with official documentation.

The question in my mind is, what was going on during those 3-4 hours we don't know about? If we were allowed to hear only 6 hours of 40, and read only 17 pages of hard-to-read documents, what is it we were NOT allowed to hear and see? The documents we have make it clear that by the time Alpha Lima Zero One was scrambled at at 1209Z or 5:09 PM PDT, "the activity was just about over.."

The event at Edwards Air Force Base took place over about a five hour period and since the voice recordings were made from at least 8 positions, approximately 40 hours of audio recordings had to have been made. Out of the possible 40 hours of these tape recordings only 6 hours were declassified by the Department of the Air Force.

link

originally posted by: interupt42

Its not easy for them to keep track of lies and truth which can lead to official contradiction and further questioning.

Also a very good point and it actually looks like now the CIA are 'reclassifying' already released material.

CIA reclassified previously released UFO documents

Also looks like it may be the turn of the DIA to win the Rosemary award (link) and there's a thread here which hopes to show the Defense Intelligence Agency are heavily involved in the UFO subject (and may just be the major clearing house for UFO reports within the U.S. Government).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join