It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth In Media: The Origin of ISIS

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Say what exactly?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I agree wholeheartedly & Swann does too. Please watch the entire video. IS will be disguarded one day too, or change their name once again taking on a new identity. IS is Al Qaeda 2.0.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Thank you for proving my point of the "damn if you do/don't" dilemma the U.S. is in.

Poor old US warmongers, they just can't 'win'.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthInMedia

And Russia and China is backing Assad arming him in order to stop rebels. If you think Assad is the victim, you're mistaken. He's a brutal puppet dictator of Russia. The world needs to stop manipulating these countries.

When you blame the west you end up being short sighted to what's really happening in the region, a silent cold war
edit on 5-3-2015 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

But this article you posted does not in anyway show that Russia CAUSED the mess in Iraq.Only that they are bringing aid that will in time benefit them. That is a BIG difference than the USA going over and taking out their leader and leaving the country in shambles,then extremists come in the void left behind. Russia will always do what they feel is in their best interests. They didn't start that war,and felt the US shouldn't have either.They are simply setting themselves up to make money on it later.

As far as Hamas coming and visiting? Well that is the only source I've heard about it,not saying that there aren't other sources,just that I had never heard of that before.And we haven't sat back and been idle with Hamas ourselves.
www.wsj.com...

So yes on the one hand it takes a combination of things to happen from different parties to roll a ball,but still the brunt on the blame on the US is well deserved. The US was determined to take out Sadam and they did,and now the chickens have come home to roost,and they were just as determined to take out Qaddafi and they did,and it opened up a whole can of worms that those countries in the middle east now have to deal with. Qaddafi even warned what would happen if they took him out and he was right.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Corbett's analysis is thorough and unbiased. Well worth the hour spent. I've never looked at his stuff. Does he ever get into the 'strategic why' of ISIS?

Check about 45 min and he goes to Zionist Oded Yinon Plan. And how Syria will be fragmented. How far they will take the plan is another question.
edit on 5-3-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Those in a position to make change in the region are the Arab and Muslim states like Jordan, Saudi, Iran, Kuwait, and the other smaller nations willing to host a US Army but apparently unwilling to fight the fight themselves. The recent involvement of Jordan publicly in the fight is going to help, now the other nations who may actually be contributing but do so in hiding and while espousing supportive or at least ambiguous statements in the local press they control.

Another boots on the ground operation from the US at this point I do believe would be counter productive but if the middle eastern nations admit to themselves that it is their problem and tackle it now, they can not only win through public opinion within the region but also defeat the dangerous course that ISIS is leading another generation.

Thanks for the report and lets dig a little deeper and find the real reasons the Arab nations refuse fight this fight. There is no doubt that the American governments policies and involvement have contributed to much of what is going on but there are a host of other issues intertwined to create the perfect storm.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I agree that it is a cold war between 2 different power pyramids. But unfortunately no side seem to be really for the people by the people even in propaganda say otherwise. I miss the days when I thought US nation was a good influence on the world and had high moral values. Some citizens have but the politicians. What a corrupt joke they have become.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Say what exactly?

That I was unaware of Swann's relationship with RT. if I'm mistaken ... I apologize.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: LittleByLittle

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Corbett's analysis is thorough and unbiased. Well worth the hour spent. I've never looked at his stuff. Does he ever get into the 'strategic why' of ISIS?

Check about 45 min and he goes to Zionist Oded Yinon Plan. And how Syria will be fragmented. How far they will take the plan is another question.

Excellent observation. That guy is pretty darn sharp. By that time in the vid I was absorbing what he said and not looking for place marks. I think he nailed the correct hands to the wall, but he's a little subtle on the 'whys'. I think I'll spend a bit of time browsing his history this weekend.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   
I've been following this topic for many years now and the most important thing I've learnt from it is that people are very easy to manipulate via the use of mass media. I don't even bother discussing this issue with anyone outside of conspiracy circles because it's like talking to a brick wall. They simply don't want to look at the reality of the situation because the truth scares them. The fact is the backbone of the U.S. economy is war, which is why they intentionally create turmoil in the ME region. They create their own enemies by funding people they know very well will turn against them, but it doesn't matter because then they have an excuse to continue the occupation in ME regions.

What most people don't grasp is that enemies aren't a bad thing in the eyes of war mongers, because after all you can't have a war without an enemy. The situation in the ME has been carefully orchestrated for decades, slowly building into a situation we find ourself in today where a large fraction of ME nations are facing instability due to terrorist forces which have been cultured through years of supporting rebels in civil wars against official regimes. It's not hard to see through the lies, I could see what was happening from the moment they started supporting the Libyan rebels many years ago. Here are a few more highly educational Ben Swann videos on this topic:

And a few other informative videos on the topic:

edit on 6/3/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

wish I can give you more than one star.

In short...you just explained the whole ME thing...and it's right on the money. Literally...on the money...and yes...they need enemies. If the US entered a 20 year peace period...that would be a catastrophe economy wise...

But all this can't be spoken about...not in the official public arena. The boogey men are all around America...from Russia, Korea, Iran, Syria and even China, and last but not least...the eternal enemy...terrorists...everybody is out to get 'em. They must be stopped...preemptively

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

I find it highly ironic and am somewhat perplexed that the site owner -Skeptic Overlord- could hate RT so much that he wanted to ban it as a source and interjected in several threads to point out that RT was propaganda, all the while ignoring that western MSM is propaganda too.
We now have Ben & Co here who have more airtime and affiliation with RT than just about anyone.

Is it just the $ ruling in this case or has SO actually realized that there's some excellent content, journalism and information on and at RT?
I have to say this certainly raises eyebrows.

edit on 6-3-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
a reply to: Bybyots
Is it just the $ ruling in this case or has SO actually realized that there's some excellent content, journalism and information on and at RT?
I have to say this certainly raises eyebrows.

ATS is currently asking for donations so I'm sure they'll do what ever they can for money right now. SO doesn't often change his position on a subject but I don't think he would judge Ben for his association with RT either. I completely agree with your position on the subject, all MSM sources, whether Western or Russian, are capable or telling the truth and capable of telling lies. The hard part is separating the lies from the truth.

I actually tend to trust Russian sources a lot more than I do many Western sources because at least the Russians can see this proxy war in Syria for what it is. And I suspect that is why Ben has found an opportunity to associate with RT, because they love to crap all over the official Western narratives, especially when Westerners do it for them. But RT pushes propaganda just like any Western MSM source and people need to keep that in mind.
edit on 6/3/2015 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

Completely agree with you, great post.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthInMedia

if the US does try to fight ISIS all they have to do is remove the territorial control and the caliphate can no longer exist under islamic ideology
they require control of territory in order to declare a caliphate !

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Bone75

Well the OP of this thread helped create the video.

We're 5 pages in and I have yet to hear a peep from the OP. So what's the point if he (or shall I say, one of his staff members) doesn't have time to actively participate in the thread?

Now when someone uses the latest Truth in Media video as the basis of their thread, they're gonna get an already posted alert and have their thread closed.

It just seems like a kick in the balls to long time dedicated members who've actually earned their respect here.

Anywho, its not my site. At least I get to learn from the mistakes made here so that I don't repeat them when I'm finished coding my own.

edit on 6-3-2015 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   
What we don’t realize folks are the power of the enemy

We’re pipsqueaks yet still.

Not even voices crying in the wilderness

Ask the average person on your job about any of the stuff dealt with here

Maybe a few here and there but still 80 to 90 percent or more are captive of the msm superficial, lying and distorted press.

What’s needed is someone to break into the msm

That’s the danger zone

As long as the sheep are sheep and a lot of em they have noting to worry about

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

This reminds me how Blackwater became Xe, and now they are going by the name Academi.

I am not surprised by all of this. Someone once told be the banks have funded both sides of all the major wars for over 100 years now. I do believe there is a lot of truth in that.

posted on Mar, 6 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

The OP is apart of the Swann team and now ATS, hence the TIM forum and his name. I'm sure he's not ignoring us, perhaps he's really busy, you know, working on new content and will pop in when he can. Maybe even Ben Swann will join us since he's been a member for sometime now.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join