It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth In Media: The Origin of ISIS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:11 PM
link   
In this episode of Truth in Media, Ben Swann explores the origin of ISIS that has already been long forgotten by American media. Swann takes on the central issue of whether or not ISIS was created by "inaction" by the United States government or by "direct" action.

“The name ISIS is one that every American knows,” Swann said “The biggest threat to our national security since Al-Qaeda, right? They are a brutal, savage group known for public beheadings and mass executions. They are the face of the new war on terror.”

Swann pointed out that while the U.S. Military is currently conducting airstrikes in Syria, in a supposed attempt to take out ISIS targets, the White House and U.S. military leaders are discussing possible boots on the ground in Iraq. These talks are arising just three years after President Obama declared that the war in Iraq was over.

Former Defense Secretary Leon Panetta told USA Today that in order to defeat ISIS, he believes the United States is looking at “a 30-year-war.”

As the U.S. goes to war in an attempt to defeat yet another terrorist group, the biggest question is: Who exactly is ISIS and where did they come from?

read more

Truth In Media Website

Subscribe to the Truth In Media YouTube Channel

Follow Truth In Media on Facebook

Follow Ben Swann on Twitter

We rely on you, our viewers, for your feedback, both positive and negative. Let us know what you think about this episode, what other issues we should have covered regarding ISIS, or even what other issues we should investigate.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthInMedia

To recapitulate, according to Ben:

-If US don't act, then ISIS is the fault of US

-If US acts, then ISIS still is the fault of US.

So...

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
What about the role of climate change in the origins?

www.huffingtonpost.com...

👣

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: swanne

well...the fault remains...what was done can't be undone. If they act now and defeat ISIS...the fault of their creation is not erased. Thousands of innocent people have been killed and there will be more.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
If only America kept its nose out of Iraq the world would be a much better place

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

Sometimes the actual truth is a combination of more than one factor.

Russia involvement in Iraq

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
originally posted by: swanne

Politically you're correct. The U.S. is in a "Damned if you do/don't" scenario regarding ISIS. If they do nothing, the world sees it as the U.S. letting terrorists reign over Syria/Iraq or worse, that Obama secretly SUPPORTS ISIS. But on the other hand, if the U.S. acts, the world sees it as "Oh look the World Police are bullying a region again".
edit on 5-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

Politically you're correct. The U.S. is in a "Damned if you do/don't" scenario regarding ISIS. If they do nothing, the world sees it as the U.S. letting terrorists reign over Syria/Iraq or worse, that Obama secretly SUPPORTS ISIS. But on the other hand, if the U.S. acts, the world sees it as "Oh look the World Police are bullying a region again".

My point exactly.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Hey Ben... what do you think of Russia Today (RT) the channel?
I know you've been on plenty of times.

Thanks

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   

As always, NICE JOB Ben! Followed you since Cincinnati!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The piece was well done and in my personal opinion, on the mark.

That being said, this report and any comments or added info to the piece by members here, is preaching to the choir.

Those individuals with the power to change anything regarding the ISIS reality have their collective heads so far up the military industrial complexes rear end, that they're only going to see this as a win/win, he'll that's why Bush and Cheney started this in the first place by removing Saddam.

The chasm, which feels like the size of the grand canyon, between JQpublic and tptb grows larger by leaps and bounds on a daily bases.

I'm not knocking the work, I just haven't seen any wins for the little guy in a long time.
edit on 5-3-2015 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
If the US can't do a better job of predicting what is going to happen after they fund and arm rebels (terrorists) who eat the hearts of the opposition, than they should stay the hell out of the mideast.

This plausible deniability bs has got to end.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
If only America kept its nose out of Iraq the world would be a much better place

Seconded for emphasis.

I think one of the prime reasons is the west meddling in affairs and cultures we don't understand.

edit on 5-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: blupblup
Hey Ben... what do you think of Russia Today (RT) the channel?
I know you've been on plenty of times.

Thanks

I second the question!

Though the OP is not Ben. It's a guy named "Zack".

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Great piece of journalism Ben can't wait to see more. Off to youtube to subscribe and check out more of your work. If it's like this you've got a new fan.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Seconded for emphasis.

I think one of the prime reasons is the west meddling in affairs and cultures we don't understand.

The United States does not act alone! Our government has the same support and go ahead from the Globalists as does yours who supports the same actions!

Grant you it is easy to blame the United States for everything, but perhaps you should direct your anger at your government who is our ally in all of this?

Many of us are trying, but our voices are buried in the sea of madness of those who worship their politicians as many worship Gods.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I watched it earlier today, it was the best piece of information on ISIS I have seen in months. Great work, looking forward for more insights on other hot potatoes.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: crazyewok

Seconded for emphasis.

The United States does not act alone! Our government has the same support and go ahead from the Globalists as does yours who supports the same actions!

Grant you it is easy to blame the United States for everything, but perhaps you should direct your anger at your government who is our ally in all of this?

Many of us are trying, but our voices are buried in the sea of madness of those who worship their politicians as many worship Gods.

If you had READ my comment I did not solely blame the USA. I Said WEST that includes USA/UK et al.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Starred... Flagged...

Bloody good effort, my compliments to the author of the commentary, and indeed the editor of the video. It lays out some of the many reasons why certain foreign policy decisions, of both the US and for that matter, the UK governments over the last decade or so, have been pants on head bonkers, and have made no sense when viewed objectively.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Grant you it is easy to blame the United States for everything

you know why it's easy ? because they stick their noses everywhere...it's because they have "strategic interests" in other country's resources. Because the toppled regimes and elected governments to protect their resource interests.

That's why it's easy...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join