It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth In Media: The Origin of ISIS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
If only America kept its nose out of Iraq the world would be a much better place

Seconded for emphasis.

I think one of the prime reasons is the west meddling in affairs and cultures we don't understand.

The United States does not act alone! Our government has the same support and go ahead from the Globalists as does yours who supports the same actions!

Grant you it is easy to blame the United States for everything, but perhaps you should direct your anger at your government who is our ally in all of this?

Many of us are trying, but our voices are buried in the sea of madness of those who worship their politicians as many worship Gods.

If you had READ my comment I did not solely blame the USA. I Said WEST that includes USA/UK et al.

Your edit was quick! Man up and admit it!

I did not want to derail the thread but im forced to defend myself.

I could not have done a edit after your post.

And there is proof

If You edit a post all quotes before that do not change and retain the original wording.

As your quote still says west not USA your accusation is false.

edit on 5-3-2015 by crazyewok because: spelling for anyone moans

edit on 5-3-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Well arms and aid are still being sent, so I fail to see what the damned difference is. Training is still being provided, support is still being offered, and one has to assume that the risks involved with doing so have not changed, those being, that the individuals who receive the training, and the arms, and the aid drops, are not necessarily going to remain on the same side after their training, and may take their gear and hoof it to enemy lines with the intention of handing themselves over to IS, for the purpose of joining their organisation.

Frankly, its an appalling mess, which is only becoming MORE appalling as time wears on, if only for the idiocy of the policies which fuel the situation!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Frankly, its an appalling mess, which is only becoming MORE appalling as time wears on, if only for the idiocy of the policies which fuel the situation!

Well that's the problem, isn't it ?

Our own damn policies are coming back around and biting us in the ass.

But we can't change the policies, our governments can't change the policies, our leaders can't change the policies. Why ? Because none of the above is holding the purse strings.

He who holds the purse strings, controls the laws and policies.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Your words hit home

But you know America isn’t going to withdraw

It’s just a well worn fact that devils Bush and Cheney need to be indicted for international war crimes for starting this disaster in the first place.

But the mess was obviously continued in Libya (thanks to Hillary Clinton and Obama’s weakling ass) and then Syria with their attack on Assad.

At least Obama did one right thing in not attacking Syria. He did learn from Libya.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

But on the other hand, if the U.S. acts, the world sees it as "Oh look the World Police are bullying a region again".

Big difference between "bullying" and waging aggressive war.
Thank you for proving my point of the "damn if you do/don't" dilemma the U.S. is in.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   

A small force of assassins could errode, slowly and inexorably, the command chain further, by detonating their skulls at a thousand yards with powerful rifles, or dismembering a high ranking commander a week in the dead of night, and nail gunning the bastard to a street sign in pieces, to be discovered in the morning. Crucially, these forces should be deniable, small enough to go undetected, be trained to strike from deepest darkness and without warning, be trained in how to go completely to ground, stalk the target, and hit them again and again, without capture, without being located, and to strike not just with extreme, but TOTAL precision and prejudice.
Rome had and probably still has their Jesuit order that played the part in the past .vaticanassassins.org... Also another arm of Rome would be the (city) in London where the economic hit men are sent out to sell their USD world currency . That may have been the problem with Iraq , Libya ,Syria or anyone else looking to get away from the US/dollar . It is quite the system they have there .

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Two points here:

1) This video needs to be analyzed closely

Everybody can accept that the stupid war of Bush in 2003 is the original sin here.

No problem.

But Mr. Swann goes into detail of the time when some FSA general threatened that the war in Syria will be lost in a month if support didn’t come fast from outside.

Lo and behold equipment started coming and then not long after came ISIS and their march through the ME.

Questions

Did the US know that this equipment was going to ISIS?

Is or was the FSA a front for ISIS and the Nusra front?

2) There needs to be a congressional investigation (highly unlikely) to find out whether the US government (the CIA of course) deliberately supported ISIS to overthrow Assad and this op ran amuck or it didn’t run amuck it was by design.

This all may just turn out to be another conspiracy theory like 911 if it doesn’t get investigated by official authorities

I think the U.S. (And the West in general) unintentionally created and/or fomented ISIS by supplying munitions to the FSA. I'd wager that the true moderates in the FSA were either bullied into giving their arms to the more radical movement, or outright gunned down for it. I believe then intention of the supplies were noble at heart (at least according to FSA, which only wanted to stop Assad from slaughtering it's citizens), but that kindness was corrupted and they unknowingly birthed a major new enemy in radical islam.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Do we know all about this FSA? Maybe it’s a front group.

That’s why they need an investigation

But it won’t happen

We’ll all be speculating on the internet for years to come

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I wanna know this: Is it the origins which are important ... or the end-state? Have we forgotten the lessons of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein?

I wanna know this: Is this more Russian sponsored propaganda?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I rather think that you are right in some important respects.

As long as parties and candidates are selected and elected, based not on the fact that their policies and thinking are in line with reason and logic, but because they had more money behind them, then I see no change ever coming to the policies themselves, or the systems which uphold them.

However, I think it is unwise to allow the options of which people are aware, to be reduced down to two. For a start, whenever there are two options, what happens is that you get a bunch of Democrats, and Republicans, standing either side of the situation lobbing accusations of this, that, and the blasted other at one another. This adds to the problem, rather than being a solution to it, because divided people do not THINK, they react.

Thinking this problem out logically, on the part of the people who will be voting for new leaders in time to come, will be very important as a pastime for residents of both the US, and indeed over here in the UK. Our power to change the outcome of the ballots involved is minimal of course, because common sense is far from common (I suspect that the term is oxymoronic, and always has been), and therefore sense will, likely as not, have little to do with the outcome.

However, I believe it will be important none the less, to think these matters out logically, and know, even if a moment comes as a result of foolishness, which sees us all doomed to nuclear oblivion if it comes to it, to know that there was a third way, that our fates were not written, until the moment they fell upon us.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The end state of cancer, is death.

In order to prevent death in the future, it is important to understand the origin of a cancer, and further, to act to prevent it once that causative factor has been understood.

There is no reason what so ever, to take a different approach to the situation at hand.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthInMedia

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

I and many others have said the very things you guys just reported on and we couldn't agree more! Fantastic video and I look forward to all the future ones! I would love nothing more than this video to go viral so if you guys liked it then share it!

Congrats on a job well done!
edit on 5-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Really? Just google it for yourself. Not only were weapons and equipment left behind but the so called Iraqi army ditched their posts & many joined ISIS as they came driving up in their new Toyota pick up trucks. When the army abandoned their posts ISIS took all the loot.

But that isn't their only source of weaponry, as the Swann team points out in the video, a lot of it came from the FSA.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Really? Russian propaganda? You really think SO, who hates RT, would allow this? You don't know who Ben Swann is? Many of us have been following his work since his days at a local Fox News affiliate. Swann is a homegrown American patriot and not sponsored by Putin.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Are you Syria's about ISIS's origins?

Here is a question about truth in Media - I do not recall ISIS attacking on US soil so why is America engaging a faceless enemy in a foreign country? What responsibility has been placed on the US (either externally or by entities within US borders) to address the ISIS phenomena?

The truth about ISIS and the US Governments intentions regarding them will be most evident at the next annual military budget announcement.

Money talks and NLBS walks - whether by design or divine providence - The origin of ISIS is USA.

Here is another reality check - who now controls the majority of petroleum reserves in the Middle East. Now go and see who controlled these same assets 60 years ago.

There is your truth in media.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

After reading many comments I was expecting to see more.

Usual american blabbery.

I know one fact for sure: there is close to zero journalists in the black hole of Islamic State.
Probably there are some undercover spies from certain intelligence agencies and that is it.
No reliable information going out of that black hole to the average citizens of western countries.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

As long as parties and candidates are selected and elected, based not on the fact that their policies and thinking are in line with reason and logic, but because they had more money behind them, then I see no change ever coming to the policies themselves, or the systems which uphold them.

Agreed.

This song rings true in every one of our countries.

But I fear anything short of a full blown citizen revolution in every allied country around the world, would result in a failure to force any changes to these ridiculous policies being spoonfed to us.

Unless that happens... nothing is going to change.

All this investigative journalism and whistle blowers spreading these truths to the peoples will end up to be for naught if we the people don't stand up together and do something about it with the knowledge we've been given.

edit on 5-3-2015 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Harken close members....

The post to which I have replied contains wisdom of extreme merit.

You are absolutely right on the money there CranialSponge. The glue that holds this whole thing together, is inaction, ignorance, and apathy combined. If there is ever to be any change, it will require a lot of effort, and some hard times, but without those things, nothing will change.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Really? Russian propaganda? You really think SO, who hates RT, would allow this? You don't know who Ben Swann is? Many of us have been following his work since his days at a local Fox News affiliate. Swann is a homegrown American patriot and not sponsored by Putin.

Did I hit a nerve?

No. I don't know Ben Swann. I don't question his patriotism, either.

Yes. I think SO's opinions of RT are rather clear (happen to agree with him ... if that matters).

What I _do_ think, is that something caused some red flags to raise in my mind ... and I'd like a direct response ... and maybe a reason why.

I watched the opening of that video. It cast unwarranted/unproven aspersions (IMVHO) on a state of being. I stopped at that point as I protect myself from the influence of such things by not watching. Slick presentations from either side of an argument cause me angst.

Please don't fault me for asking direct questions when I feel they are warranted. I was raised that way.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

You didn't hit a nerve but your accusations of this being Russian propaganda are odd, especially since you just admitted to not watching the video. Do me a favor and watch the video. You can trust Ben Swann. He was apart of the MSM, became disgusted by it and left to report what they are not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join