It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth In Media: The Origin of ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

But on the other hand, if the U.S. acts, the world sees it as "Oh look the World Police are bullying a region again".

Big difference between "bullying" and waging aggressive war.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I'm impressed as I'd never heard of you before (not being from America).

It seems like the USA has provided ISIS with the hardware and Britain is providing them with personnel (from our disaffected Muslim communities). I'd like to hear your take on that.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Very professional Mr.Swann, looking great as always brother.

Hearing truth in a void of lies and deception, is what humanity needs.

Orchastration is the only Word needed.to describe what the USA does in the middle.east, and within its own country.

All countries and their government have corruption. But the one that flexes and voices his power globally, is the one we need to stand up too and make a statement.

If these dirty politicians, presidents , bankers and everything in between orchastrating thus bull# happening - are stripped of their wet dreams and chaotic desires...

Only peace will be left.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
excellent presentation. I wonder where the Mossad/Israeli connection comes in? Many speculations of interactions between IDF forces and ISIS, apparently a UN report as well raising concerns. So many fingers in the pie, the Middle East and the world is becoming a mosh pit of hell. I think that's why people are calling for the arrest's of many politicians, and maybe it really should be taken seriously. The question is how? How do we arrest the criminals responsible and restore the world to peace? We need mass awakening!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
What I'd like more information on is the weapons left in Iraq. You make it sound as if there was an oasis of equipment out in the desert just waiting for someone to come along and claim them. Is that really the case, or were they given to the Iraqi army and eventually captured by ISIS?

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthInMedia

Excellent in depth story on ISIS. A few moments of cheesy graphics stood out because the rest of the video editing was so good. Get rid of the really old TV in the background of the set as well. Nobody knows what it is anyway!

You might want to consider how the failure of US actions in Syria have impacted the US policy on Ukraine. Not sure if your org is planning a similar story on Ukraine but there is enough material for it.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

edit on 5/3/15 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

edit on 5/3/15 by SecretKnowledge because: for some reason i cant quote and type a reply in the same post

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthInMedia

Great job!!

Another great job was recently done an ATS member on this thread that goes into the Bengazi secret mission by CIA/State Dept.

A nice first effort and looking forward to more.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

You see, this binary set of options does not work for me. On the one hand, you have the "Either arm and fund groups in the mideast, or put massive numbers of boots on the ground, and absorb bullets for another decade." option, and on the other you have the "Do nothing what so ever, and have everyone question the size of your man marbles as a nation.".

These options are utter nonsense of course, because there is always another way, and personally speaking, I cannot for the life of me understand why the intelligence communities of the western world, do not operate anti-terror guerilla forces made up of professional, hardened, and staunchly anti-fascist assassins and saboteurs. Throwing a small number of throat slitters whose names have been erased from their nations history, into the mix to dismember, disrupt, and demoralise the actual terrorists, without ever killing an innocent person, will be better than both the other options for the following reasons.

a) Boots on the ground means air support, and air support generally speaking, means flattening entire apartment blocks, just to kill those five guys manning the machine gun nest on the fifth floor, or obliterating a hospital full of women and children, just because there are some fellows using the ambulance bay as a mortar position. The number of innocent lives taken during such an invasion, can be tracked back to the number of terrorists it creates, if one has a mind to do so. The more mothers, sisters, brothers, fathers, husbands, and wives, that die in one anothers arms, or are vapourised in explosions, the more terrorists you get, and you know what? I hate the idea that some people really think that they, in their highness and mightyness would not feel the same way if it happened to them. If you do not understand that exact sort of loss, then what the hell right have you to judge the actions of a person driven mad by it?

It also means a highly visible force, trying to fight against an organisation that while capable from a military perspective, is just as happy fighting a shadow war, striking and then buggering off back into the shadows. This means that the highly visible occupying force, will be sitting there taking fire from every damned angle, and new angles every day, while being unable to either advance or retreat without causing more crap to hit the fan, at every turn.

That plan, for that reason, sucks a big one, possibly several depending on its appetite at the time. A small, invisible force of demolitions experts however, could destroy captured military machinery, neutering the firepower of the organisation, disrupt its ability to transport men and machinery around the theatre in question, and ultimately jack up their entire command chain by stripping it of its material resources and finance.

A small force of assassins could errode, slowly and inexorably, the command chain further, by detonating their skulls at a thousand yards with powerful rifles, or dismembering a high ranking commander a week in the dead of night, and nail gunning the bastard to a street sign in pieces, to be discovered in the morning. Crucially, these forces should be deniable, small enough to go undetected, be trained to strike from deepest darkness and without warning, be trained in how to go completely to ground, stalk the target, and hit them again and again, without capture, without being located, and to strike not just with extreme, but TOTAL precision and prejudice.

b) Although I wholly and completely refute the idea that it matters a God damn what anyone thinks of the size of ones man marbles, the fact of the matter is that the ignorant savages we call our species, seem to be rather taken with the importance of being seen to have big balls when it comes to foriegn affairs, and proactivity is one of the most important elements of putting on the right kind of show. But one has to admit, that a show is not worth innocent lives, and it sure as hell is not worth creating monsters for. There are greater things that this species could be doing with its time, than taking turns to blow the ever living snot out of people, apparantly as part of some giant phallus waving contest, which, if you recall, is how this nonsense in the Middle East, actually began. Russia and the West, waving their gonads and reproductive organs, in one anothers faces, as if to say "Mines bigger!", "NO! MINE IS BIGGER!"

Given that the war in Iraq, followed by this mandlebrot of a clusterbang, are both results of a pointless exercise in chest thumping "ego" stroking on a national and international level, it is not worth expending massive resources to continue! What point would there be? Someone will be getting sores out of all this, mark my words. It will be self inflicted of course, so forgive me if I lack some element of sympathy.

In summary then, while I agree with anyone who says that IS need dealing with, I think they should be dealt with in a manner which devotes the least monetary and human resource, for the maximum in precision, collateral FREE carnage, in a manner which cannot be traced back to anyone in particular, from any particular country. I believe that they should be scoured from the face of this Earth, but I also believe that pounding the regions that are currently inhabited by IS, from the air, causing collateral damage and creating more terrorists as we go, is the LAST thing that the west should involve itself in. It makes no sense, it will not solve the problem, and ultimately, things which can be done by a silent and swift blade, rather than with a giant God damned cannon, probably ought to be done with the most surgical methods, not the least. Bombing a city is bound to cause trouble. Carving up some sociopathic zealots under cover of darkness however, is not, and may rally free people to the cause of true freedom, something they are not experiencing under IS, any more than they were when they were under US occupation, or for that matter, the beady and insane eye of Saddam.
edit on 5-3-2015 by TrueBrit because: Grammatical error removed.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

What you linked to happened last year, 20 years later.

They are 2 different stories entirely

Are they? Seems to me that Russia too is not all angels when it comes to dominating the ME.

Russia Invades Afghanistan

Russia Gives Iran Nuclear Technology

Russia Involvement In Syrian Civil War

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Already posted.

Link

But of course....it's who you know I reckon.

edit on 3/5/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

this is one of the best responses to this topic I have read, my hat is off to you.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
echoing my comment above, I think a large scale convention blow everything up model offensive is not the right move here.
large scale, UNconventional anti guerrilla model is whats needed. we need the locals on our side as much as possible for this to NOT turn into a much bigger mess than it already is.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Make sure when you quote that in the [] the / is the right way round...

For some reason there is an ATS glitch when this happens and anything you reply with the quote doesn't appear.

On topic.

Haven't watched the video yet, but the comments & synopsis have painted an obvious picture.

This is bigger than just the U.S imo...

Sure, they may have funded/armed the wrong people to oust/defeat Assad...
That's a far cry from knowing they would then join ISIS & wanted to tear Syria apart...

I see the U.S hesitance to just apologise for the major screw up...

But even if they did, people wouldn't believe them.

As someone who would believe them, I'd prefer to hear a vocal "we were wrong, we messed up, we're fixing it with Airstrikes & support, we're sorry"...

Silence is not golden!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
America has a long history of creating and arming its own enemies, why would ISIS be any different?

Thanks for the video S&F.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The power vacuum in Iraq definitely helped to fuel and organize ISIS. However, the destruction of Libya left a virtual playground of weapons free for the taking. The weapons accompanied by rebel fighters from Libya were left unchecked in open caches, along with covert shipments of heavy weapons shipped into Turkey by the hundreds of thousands of tons.

It is reported that Ambassador Chris Stevens may have been in Libya working directly with Council head Abdelhakim Belhadj.

Source

The administration has said that the previously hidden CIA operation in Benghazi involved finding, repurchasing and destroying heavy weaponry looted from Libyan government arsenals, but in October we reported evidence indicating that U.S. agents — particularly murdered ambassador Chris Stevens — were at least aware of heavy weapons moving from Libya to jihadist Syrian rebels. 

Subsequently, Mr. Belhadj is said to now be leading ISIS rebels in Syria.

Source

Now, The Washington Times is reporting that former US-backed Libyan Islamic Fighting Group leader Abdelhakim Belhadj has joined ISIS in an effort to lead a beefing-up of the terror group’s presence in Libya. ISIS has been attempting to spread its influence into Libya, beginning in late 2014 when ISIS occupied the Libyan city of Derna and began training fighters there. The Washington Times notes that ISIS’ strategy for expansion includes the incorporation of existing jihadist groups into a global caliphate, with the integration of Belhadj’s reported Libyan ISIS franchise falling in line with that plan.

ETA: IMO, I think the actions taken have contributed to the rise and arming of ISIS. The inaction on the other the hand would appear as if it allotted time for the group to organize and become enough of a threat for an excuse to use possible military force, although it may not be against ISIS directly but, a continued occupation aimed at Syria and destabilizing Iran.
edit on 5-3-2015 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
The straight up simple fact is this:

Every single middle eastern rebellion group (past and present) has been created by and/or caused by the US and its allied forces (none of us are innocent in this), whether it be directly or indirectly.

Every

Single

One

You cannot stick your nose into another country's business and expect to be welcomed with open arms.

If you dig deep enough going all the way back to the 1930's, you will discover that we've had our fingers in the pie throughout, in every incident, for the past 80 years.

So now what ??

Demand a change to foreign policy ?

It's not going to happen. There is literally billions of dollars at stake in commodities, future revenues, and even the petro dollar itself. Corporate interests and banking cartels are not going to release the grip on their 80-year war any time soon.

And since they are the ones holding the purse strings, that means they are the ones controlling foreign policy. Period.

posted on Mar, 5 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Two points here:

1) This video needs to be analyzed closely

Everybody can accept that the stupid war of Bush in 2003 is the original sin here.

No problem.

But Mr. Swann goes into detail of the time when some FSA general threatened that the war in Syria will be lost in a month if support didn’t come fast from outside.

Lo and behold equipment started coming and then not long after came ISIS and their march through the ME.

Questions

Did the US know that this equipment was going to ISIS?

Is or was the FSA a front for ISIS and the Nusra front?

2) There needs to be a congressional investigation (highly unlikely) to find out whether the US government (the CIA of course) deliberately supported ISIS to overthrow Assad and this op ran amuck or it didn’t run amuck it was by design.

This all may just turn out to be another conspiracy theory like 911 if it doesn’t get investigated by official authorities

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join