It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT -Russia ready to repel any nuke strike, retaliate – missile forces command chief

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Don't think either country would make it to the other side. We would see another super power take over guessing China but who knows.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Don't think either country would make it to the other side. We would see another super power take over guessing China but who knows.

I've often wondered that if this happened, China would invade what is left of Russia and America. They certainly have the army for it. This in turn makes me wonder if we'd nuke China "Just in case", maybe not priority but on the list if Russia attacks.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

As memory serves, five solid detonations would wipe out Russia. That happens and their pain ends. America would suffer. No telling whether or not we'd look like a feast for the vultures.

Who's ahead at the end of a nuclear exchange is relative. Maybe that's why Putin is running his mouth.

Correct, the only unknown is pur sides damage.

Would any of pur countermeasures work effectively?

Honestly, during testing...lackluster results, but if they did work out, we are still looking at at the minimum 1/2 loss.

That is on the optimal side.

On the worst case.....we wipe 3/4 of their launchers, 6/7 of their sub's, and 4/5 of their silos and actually down 1/50 of their ICBM missiles....

We are still honestly talking 99 out of 100 US cities destroyed.

That was the entire point of MAD.

No matter what, you butt gets handed to you!!!!

Sucks doesn't it!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Glad I don't live near any cities.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: JonStone

originally posted by: dragonridr

I've often wondered that if this happened, China would invade what is left of Russia and America. They certainly have the army for it. This in turn makes me wonder if we'd nuke China "Just in case", maybe not priority but on the list if Russia attacks.

We would, but not for that reason.

China could move into russia easily, but doesn't have the ability to invade america even in this case.

Besides, all our untouched fleets would return home and guard our shores.

Even if the mainland was wiped out, we would still have the most powerful air force on the planet.

And plenty of kick you butt to go around.

More than enough to fend off china at the least.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

I would think that our airbases would be the first to go.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I would think that our airbases would be the first to go.

Carriers man, our carriers!!!

Can't hit moving targets with preprogrammed (just in case we all dead) coordinates.

Almost all. Over 99% have a preordained destination.

America has actually planned this out very well!!

Most powerful air force on earth is not land based.

In fact its carrier can run for 30 years without refueling.

It only needs bombs bullets and gas to kick your donkey.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I always knew carriers were awesome, I didn't know this though, wowza!

edit on 2-3-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Nice! So if the cities/bases are destroyed on the mainland, the enemy can still look forward to getting their !@#$ kicked even after they've already had their !@#$% kicked. Just hope they don't know the locations of our carriers for a conventional attack, but since they never travel alone, they should be good.
edit on 2-3-2015 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   

This in turn makes me wonder if we'd nuke China "Just in case", maybe not priority but on the list if Russia attacks.

In the event of strategic launch, my money says the target package includes: Russia, China, India, and Pakistan (minimum). I'd not argue with anyone who believed other non-nuclear nations are included as well.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I always knew carriers were awesome, I didn't know this though, wowza!

Honestly they refuel at 15 years, but yes, 30 years on nothing but nuclear reactors, 45 in the need.

Keep the in food fuel and bombs.....well, 2.4 acres of kick your butt all over the world at a fast march mind you.

They have to slow down so the diesel fleet can keep up.

Fastest ships by far in the US NAVY!!!!

Nimitz class carriers are generations better better than any other carrier, carry more munitions and fighter craft than any other, are faster than any other, are tougher than any other, with better defenses than any other.

And we have 10 active.

So we have bigger, better, faster, stronger, more versatile, farther reaching, harder hitting, just overall badasse.

And the most advanced nations have a model not even 1/2 as good, but we have 10 in service.

Think about that for a few minutes.

It isn't even a fight.

One if ours us worth more than 2 or 3 of anyones , and we have 10.....

Puts it I to perspective rather well doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

In the event of nuclear war, it's the nuclear subs you have to worry about even more so than aircraft carriers. You can nuke a carrier. You can't nuke a sub, and just one modern nuclear submarine carries enough warheads to level a country on its own. Nuclear war is pure madness. I don't care who is doing the saber rattling. It simply will not end well for anyone if it ever happens (God forbid). First strike only holds so many limited benefits. Eventually the world would die. If enough of them fly, there is enough firepower to kill every living thing on this planet. I can't see how anyone in their right mind could possess any sort of nationalistic pride over such a scenario.

I can see the insane logic behind Mutually Assured Destruction, but at the same time all it takes is one mistake to set off an irreversible chain of events that would quite literally put our species on the brink of extinction (it would only be a matter of time).

There is simply no way the U.S would survive a full scale nuclear war with Russia. Nobody would survive, except for a handful of elites who would be safe in their underground bunkers. But if enough of them go off, the planet would be so poisoned it would only be a matter of time until even those lucky enough to be in said bunkers would eventually die from lack of supplies. The only hope for the human species would be a limited exchange, and even that would be a nightmare scenario for future generations.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
As a citizen of planet Earth, a native of the Solar system of my Sun, and on behalf of all the Mammals, Reptiles, Fish, Birds, Insects and Bacteria of this planet, We the Creatures, refuse to give Permission to the mainly hairless Apes, known as Homo Sapiens, to destroy OUR planet and cause death and injury to innocent animals/life on this planet, due to their petty differences and simpleton mentality.

As a representitive of the Flora, trees, flowers, weeds, lichen, moss and plankton of planet Earth, Mr Groot will say a few words....
"I am Groot"
Thankyou Mr. Groot.
We hope the apes will come to their senses and RESPECT ALL life on Mother Earth, including the Earth itself, and cease and desist with this aggressive attitude shown by the Modern Homos.

If these request is not heeded, the Guardians will be notified, as well as the Warriors of Asgard.

You Have been Warned!!.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Nice! So if the cities/bases are destroyed on the mainland, the enemy can still look forward to getting their !@#$ kicked even after they've already had their !@#$% kicked. Just hope they don't know the locations of our carriers for a conventional attack, but since they never travel alone, they should be good.

Yes, they will, if any survive, get mopped by our carriers.

All are surrounded at all times by AGIS cruisers and other missile frigates destroyers and sub's, as well as various supply ships.

All with the common goal of protecting the carrier.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

If enough go off maybe, but according to the Nuclear war Survival guide (published by the government), much of it was overblown until about the 80s. They main advise was this:

GET OUT OF THE CITIES!
GET OUT OF THE CITIES!
GET OUT OF THE CITIES!

The winds blow East for the most part, so if you're on the west coast and not in a major city you might be okay. Also if you live in the mountains in a remove area away from cities (such as the smokies or rocky mountains), you stand a chance. The temperature will drop, but not by a huge amount, and scientists now say nuclear winter will not have a super lasting effect. The radiation, at least the more dangerous heavier isotopes will breakdown within a couple weeks....starting after a few hours. If you don't live in a city, or near a city where the plume cloud can spread radioactive material, you might be okay. Granted, life will be rough, and refugees might try to steal your food, so firearms will be a must. If we don't get hit by every single nuke they got, and a person is away from the major affected areas, and has plenty of food and maybe a well for water, there is a fighting chance to live. Society will be destroyed, as will modern life as we know it, but the human race will move on I think.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

In the event of nuclear war, it's the nuclear subs you have to worry about even more so than aircraft carriers. You can nuke a carrier. You can't nuke a sub, and just one modern nuclear submarine carries enough warheads to level a country on its own. Nuclear war is pure madness. I don't care who is doing the saber rattling. It simply will not end well for anyone if it ever happens (God forbid). First strike only holds so many limited benefits. Eventually the world would die. If enough of them fly, there is enough firepower to kill every living thing on this planet. I can't see how anyone in their right mind could possess any sort of nationalistic pride over such a scenario.

I can see the insane logic behind Mutually Assured Destruction, but at the same time all it takes is one mistake to set off an irreversible chain of events that would quite literally put our species on the brink of extinction (it would only be a matter of time).

There is simply no way the U.S would survive a full scale nuclear war with Russia. Nobody would survive, except for a handful of elites who would be safe in their underground bunkers. But if enough of them go off, the planet would be so poisoned it would only be a matter of time until even those lucky enough to be in said bunkers would eventually die from lack of supplies. The only hope for the human species would be a limited exchange, and even that would be a nightmare scenario for future generations.

There can't be a winning side.

In my scenario above...if this happened...
Yes best case scenario, 1/2 US cities didn't get hit.....

In less than 1 year fallout and nuclear winter would set in.

No bunker will save the elites from this.

It will last decades minimum!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: Kapusta
oh Whelp maybe the US should stop meddling in other country affairs .

You mean like going out of your way to provoke a civil war in a neighboring country?

you mean like the US putting paid politicians in office ? essentially trying to buy Ukraine off ?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

a reply to: DeadSeraph

If enough go off maybe, but according to the Nuclear war Survival guide (published by the government), much of it was overblown until about the 80s. They main advise was this:

GET OUT OF THE CITIES!
GET OUT OF THE CITIES!
GET OUT OF THE CITIES!

The winds blow East for the most part, so if you're on the west coast and not in a major city you might be okay. Also if you live in the mountains in a remove area away from cities (such as the smokies or rocky mountains), you stand a chance. The temperature will drop, but not by a huge amount, and scientists now say nuclear winter will not have a super lasting effect. The radiation, at least the more dangerous heavier isotopes will breakdown within a couple weeks....starting after a few hours. If you don't live in a city, or near a city where the plume cloud can spread radioactive material, you might be okay. Granted, life will be rough, and refugees might try to steal your food, so firearms will be a must. If we don't get hit by every single nuke they got, and a person is away from the major affected areas, and has plenty of food and maybe a well for water, there is a fighting chance to live. Society will be destroyed, as will modern life as we know it, but the human race will move on I think.

I pray your version comes to fruition!!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

you mean like the US putting paid politicians in office ? essentially trying to buy Ukraine off ?

By paid you mean the democratically elected government of Ukraine...which was elected by the people of Ukraine?

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: Kapusta

By paid you mean the democratically elected government of Ukraine...which was elected by the people of Ukraine?

\
please ! democratically elected ....right , just like here in the good old USA right ... a fair election ? right

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join