It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RT -Russia ready to repel any nuke strike, retaliate – missile forces command chief

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Russia’s Strategic Missile Forces are ready to react to any nuclear strike even if it is lightning fast, SMF Central Command chief said. A retaliatory strike would take place in all circumstances, “without hesitation,” he added.

“If there’s a challenge to repel a lightning-fast nuclear in any given conditions – it will be done in fixed time, that’s dead true,” the Strategic Missile Forces Central Command’s chief, Major-General Andrey Burbin, told Russian News Service on Saturday.

Link

I know this is via the Russian state ran RT, which seems to be Russia's main propaganda machine at the moment... However, the reason I posted this is because I find it somewhat concerning that Russia has been talking so much about nukes again, obviously as a warning to the west, even if they may be stretching the truth.

it will be done in fixed time,

Oh it WILL be " the Strategic Missile Forces Central Command’s chief, Major-General Andrey Burbin" ? Is that so??

These guys are starting to act a lot like NK lately, what with all the talk of nukes etc..

I by no means give the U.S. a pass for all it's corruption within Washington, the FED, the IRS etc..however, I just don't see all the nuke rhetoric coming out of our govt, they seem to downplay any real threats of nuclear war actually..

Crazy times.
edit on 1-3-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
They like to claim that they are on a hair trigger, and they probably are. Scary thing is, their trigger finger might accidently slip. There were quite a few close calls during the cold war. I expect more this time around as well.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Russia’s Strategic Missile Forces are ready to react to any nuclear strike even if it is lightning fast, SMF Central Command chief said. A retaliatory strike would take place in all circumstances, “without hesitation,”

I like the wording, i guess the reaction they are ready to give is oh sh..t... before taking one to the face.

If someone can stop all nukes then they would have wiped out the enemy long ago, the reason we dont wipe each other is because no one can stop all so it better not to get one in retaliation.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Russia is perhaps feeling a bit defensive at the moment.

The fact is that all nuclear capability nations employ such capacities and many of those that aren't. It isn't different to anywhere else in that it is 'defense ready' perhaps it is putting that message out as reassurance to it's people or because it feels it needs to.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I wish aliens would just confiscate all of our nuclear weapons. In the hands of our 'leaders' Its like letting little children play with guns.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Crazy times indeed , we have Russian bombers probing our defenses on a regular basis here in the UK and diplomats warning that Europe could descend into a major war if we don't stand up to the threats of Putin , perhaps even if we do.

I feel we are in the most dangerous of times right now and one wrong move could lead to disaster for all of us , mutually assured destruction all over again.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I live within a few miles of an airbase in the UK and there is a lot of plane activity going on recently, it has increased a lot since last week, most of them aren't visible as there is cloud cover but I know the sounds. A lot happening in the sky.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Agree, something like this has become much more likely now...

A Man You’ve Never Heard of Saved Your Life

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
oh Whelp maybe the US should stop meddling in other country affairs .

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Unlike Russia right?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Unlike Russia right?

well if we are going to make a comparison I would say the US has done far more damage meddling in other country's .

the US is in the market for destabilization and power . Not saying Russia is innocent but it's clear to me that the US is covertly the aggressor in this situation .
edit on 1-3-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

What seems straight forward to me - and I am sorry this goes against your dictatorship - is that the USA is Nazi Germany. The US finished up from where Nazi Germany left off. US dictatorship has spanned the globe, bases nearly surrounding the country that Nazi America labels Nazi.

This member had it right !
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Unlike Russia right?

curiousmatic.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Nov. 4, 2014, 6:46 AM
Military & Defense More: Air Force Military Defense Associated Press
The Air Force Just Fired Two More Nuclear Missile Commanders

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Adding to signs of distress in the nuclear force, the Air Force fired two commanders and disciplined a third in response to internal investigations of leadership lapses and misbehavior at two of its three intercontinental ballistic missile bases.

Or is this an excuse to remove missile commanders that have voiced opposition to launching US missiles in a preemptive strike.

Ar we this close to nuclear confrontation? If we are, God help us!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

For how much the west loves to meddle in the affairs of dragons, I really really hope they don't have the capacity to repel nukes. If so I suspect not very many US and European positions would be spared.

Than again, maybe the US has a neat UFO that can transform Putin into a frog using our collective dream thoughts.

Than again, maybe Putin and Obama are sharing caviar making wagers on who could pull off a better false flag than 911.

edit on 1-3-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlesT

Every other article by Business Insider is about Nuclear Doomsday. Half of those can't be confirmed. Just saying. I used to read it until I realized this.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
All I'm about to say is old hat to some, but what the heck...

We seemed further away from nuclear doom after the wall fell... but it's likely opposite. It's a bit more lax and seems unthinkable by any normal person... but the threat exists all the same and is totally controlled by a very few people, and each one, on all sides, is an unknown quantity.

A family member manned a Minuteman missile silo in the 80's and the stories about how close we've come to nuke war are too numerous to list and some are not listed anywhere. Each of them is soul crushing and as sobering as it gets.

It comes down to petty thugs blustering and deciding to end everything based on a moment's pique and ego... and decent human beings resiting that impulse (as in the story about the Russian officer refusing to use the nuclear torpedo above).... OR a complete accident.

Things are indeed heating up... I can only hope that either cooler heads prevail, again (but odds are increasing and all it takes is for luck to end once) or that, perversely, there exist weapons that could counter nukes.

People hoping for a reset ...don't put your hope in nukes...it's not a reset, it's an erasure... of far more innocents than any guilty party.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

It's all over Russian Media (Nuclear war), like their preparing or instigating fear or something. I think it's because our current President is too weak to stand up to Putin like previous ones, so Putin took advantage of it.
edit on 1-3-2015 by JonStone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

Unlike Russia right?

curiousmatic.com...

I understand you want to Establish a pissing contest ,However i have stated my position and I have read enough facts to believe the US is the Aggressor in this situation . Any Attempt to convince me otherwise will be in Vain.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

edit on 1-3-2015 by CharlesT because: Too much irrelevent content

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join