It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow forecast for ALL 50 states: Records continue to tumble as the country experiences coldest month

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: liejunkie01

Because science changes and scientists learn about the climate and views change.
It is happening and we have helped it, you may want to stick your head in the sand and ignore it but it will effect everyone in the coming years.
Deniers are the problem.
Cheers for doing nothing love from the future generations.

Deniers the problem?

So please explain to me why alternative modes of transportaion and energy are not available "cheaply", or as cheap as the industry standards now?

How do you know that I am not doing nothing?

I have never denied that the climate changes.

EDIT TO ADD....

I also know that science changes. I also know that politicians latch on to ideas to push a political agenda, and I can tell you that if you donot see the whole "climate change" debacle as a political agenda, the you are the one with your head in the sand.
in the u.k public transport is so expensive its way cheaper to to run a car.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

I was in the Movaje Desert in January 1997 (NTC, Ft Irwin) and it snowed, it was a tiny amount and melted that day, but it snowed
edit on 3/1/2015 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: disregard

Not true for me.
I bus it everywhere and it costs me 1.90 a day to travel anywhere in Yorkshire.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Not true for me.

I support you and your passion for supporting a cause you believe in, but don't try to force your beliefs on me. I don't buy that science can predict climate change with the tiny bit of data we have since humans have been on this planet. There is also compelling science that doesn't support man-made climate change even it if isn't the majority opinion.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74 How you manage that? Pensioner?

Nissan leaf less than a penny a mile

edit on 1-3-2015 by disregard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer

source

Awesome! If you don't care to battle with facts ridicule the other side!

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Not true for me.

Try getting a bus here in the middle of the midwest.

Most of us little towns do not even see a bus service.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Pff.

Welcome to Canada.

Every damn year. I feel bad for the South though. Do you know how hard it is to find an ice scraper in those parts?

~Tenth

Someone has to ask ......"How Hard Is It?"
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

There is snow comming here???

Crap when exactly?

Is there any chance I missed it while drinking beer at the beach getting a tan today?

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 07:44 PM
link   
It's happened before and it will happen again.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Are you going to still be on the side of science when it changes again to some other mantra ??

How can you believe a system that is controlled to not fully find truth, but to compartmentalize and skew data without looking at every aspect ??

As a child I had high hopes for science, but as I went through even high school I started noticing that belief systems were in control of a good many things, all the while they praised the system as " the best we have!"

Couldn't believe it, and promptly was sickened and bored by the processes, the processes that have completely destroyed real innovation and truth-seeking.

No reason to believe anything they say, the system just is not designed for telling TRUTH.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
We used a scrap of thin plywood. Snow is an event here. We've had snow on the ground for nearly two full weeks now. Deep snow. Some piles made by the few plows we have are over ten ft high.

a reply to: Iwinder

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

The U.S. is experiencing one of the most unusual winters in years, with a pronounced and enduring bubble of warm, high pressure over the West, and blast after blast of frigid Arctic air and heavy snow in the eastern two-thirds of the country. The warmth is breaking all-time records, while the cold is rivaling some of the coldest weather in more than two decades.

This is mostly what winter 2015 has looked like for North America. Just because it's cold in your backyard doesn't mean it's the same everywhere. The OP article and presumptions of deniers, as usual, look about as silly as Senator Inhofe smashing a snowball on the senate floor the other day.

Mashable.com
edit on 3/2/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Because science changes and scientists learn about the climate and views change.
It is happening and we have helped it, you may want to stick your head in the sand and ignore it but it will effect everyone in the coming years.
Deniers are the problem.
Cheers for doing nothing love from the future generations.

Thanks for the cheers.. alarmist hippy! jk, but the 97% misinformation campaign is starting to get old.

Not that hard

www.wsj.com...

www.forbes.com...
edit on 2-3-2015 by dr1234 because: sources for the lazy

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Yeah, Forbes and the Wall Street Journal - fanatically anti-AGW sources - are so very trustworthy.

Also, to people who just can't stop laughing about the change in terminology - y'all need to do some learning:

Although Luntz later tried to distance himself from the Bush administration policy, it was his idea that administration communications reframe "global warming" as "climate change" since "climate change" was thought to sound less severe. Luntz has since said that he is not responsible for what the Bush administration did after that time. Though he now believes humans have contributed to global warming, he maintains that the science was in fact incomplete, and his recommendation sound, at the time he made it.

In a 2002 memo to President George W. Bush titled "The Environment: A Cleaner, Safer, Healthier America", obtained by the Environmental Working Group, Luntz wrote: "The scientific debate is closing [against us] but not yet closed. There is still a window of opportunity to challenge the science.... Voters believe that there is no consensus about global warming within the scientific community. Should the public come to believe that the scientific issues are settled, their views about global warming will change accordingly. Therefore, you need to continue to make the lack of scientific certainty a primary issue in the debate, and defer to scientists and other experts in the field."

Surprise surprise, it was a Republican.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I knew before I clicked on the thread that it would have a dig at climate change....CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!.
Let me guess another denier despite 97% of scientists agreeing that climate change is happening.
Anyhow good luck USAers wrap up warm.

Garg... /facepalm

I'm assuming that the remaining 3% are dead and have no opinion as any scientist with any credentials knows that climate is fluid and changes all the time.... with our without man.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

The U.S. is experiencing one of the most unusual winters in years, with a pronounced and enduring bubble of warm, high pressure over the West, and blast after blast of frigid Arctic air and heavy snow in the eastern two-thirds of the country. The warmth is breaking all-time records, while the cold is rivaling some of the coldest weather in more than two decades.

This is mostly what winter 2015 has looked like for North America. Just because it's cold in your backyard doesn't mean it's the same everywhere. The OP article and presumptions of deniers, as usual, look about as silly as Senator Inhofe smashing a snowball on the senate floor the other day.

Mashable.com

If you would have noticed, that article is dated February 18th. The data in the op article states that February is one of the coldest in about 80 years.

As a climatologist you should know what average temperature means.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Yes, it snows in the winter AND gets cold. Big deal! (not directed at the OP, just generally speaking). I'm in Colorado and we have had an unseasonably warm winter. There were many days that it was 73 degrees in the middle of Jan. Weird, but also totally normal.

I think people just freak out too easy over stupid things. That and people are short sighted and don't often look back at weather cycles to see that these things are normal.

posted on Mar, 2 2015 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Ummmm, it's going to be 70 and sunny here in southern Oregon this weekend...soo this title is false. Also, Washington, California, Idaho, Utah, Nevada and Arizona are having record warm temperatures. Maybe Al Gore is hanging with us...?

Well, regardless.

-Ninja

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join