It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow forecast for ALL 50 states: Records continue to tumble as the country experiences coldest month

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

According to The New York Times, it has not been this frigid in New York since February 1934.

That month it averaged 19.9F. On February 9 of that year, the mercury sank to 15 degrees below zero - the lowest daily reading in the city's history.

The only other February on record that was cold than this past month was in 1885 - when the average daily temperature was 22.7 degrees.

Snow forecast for ALL 50 states: Records continue to tumble as the country experiences coldest month in decades

Coldest in 80 years.

Where has Al Gore been? Why does he only come out when it is hot?

+8 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

Where has Al Gore been? Why does he only come out when it is hot?

He may be busy looking for Manbearpig.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I knew before I clicked on the thread that it would have a dig at climate change....CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!.
Let me guess another denier despite 97% of scientists agreeing that climate change is happening.
Anyhow good luck USAers wrap up warm.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Soooo.....

How much snow are the predicting for Hawaii ?

Florida?

I can tell you that NONE is predicted for my state.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Pff.

Welcome to Canada.

Every damn year. I feel bad for the South though. Do you know how hard it is to find an ice scraper in those parts?

~Tenth

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I knew before I clicked on the thread that it would have a dig at climate change....CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!.
Let me guess another denier despite 97% of scientists agreeing that climate change is happening.
Anyhow good luck USAers wrap up warm.

I have a problem with everyone being brainwashed by the media and politics.

So tell me again, why isn't it called global warming anymore?

I have no doubts about climate change. It is always changing.

I guess you would be one of the people that jumped off a bridge just because 97% of everybody else does.

Remember that mainstream GLOBAL WARMING started the whole "lets freak the masses out campaign" to begin with.

One more time, why did it shift ftom GLOBAL WARMING to CLIMATE CHANGE?
edit on 1-3-2015 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

And up here in Palin Land its shorts and T Shirts. Last nightly just had her third biggest snowfall this winter and it was 1 mm snow and now it's melting at 45° outside

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I used to laugh my ass off when I'd work the interisland terminal, and people would walk in carrying skis and snowboards for a flight to the Big Island.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Yeah, I hera ya Tenth.

We are pretty used to it here in Illinois also. I just got done taking thr kids sledding.

Ice scraper is a must here.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Because science changes and scientists learn about the climate and views change.
It is happening and we have helped it, you may want to stick your head in the sand and ignore it but it will effect everyone in the coming years.
Deniers are the problem.
Cheers for doing nothing love from the future generations.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Snow in ALL fifty states? In winter? You don't say!

What the Daily Fail is neglecting to tell anyone is that all fifty states tend to get snowfall at some point. Some skip years, like the Gulf Coast. Northern FL does get it in the panhandle. Whether or not it's annual is a coin toss. What's more rare (in terms of decades between events) is when it snows as far south as Ft Myers. Hawaii also gets snow, for eff's sake they have a ski resort on Mauna Kea. No friggin joke, they can suit up & ski & then snorkel in bikinis on the same day there.

Come on people, this isn't like it's some new wild never-before-seen event to have frozen precip hit the ground in any given US state.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Snow in California? I'll believe it when I see it.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eunuchorn

It does snow in Ca.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Because science changes and scientists learn about the climate and views change.
It is happening and we have helped it, you may want to stick your head in the sand and ignore it but it will effect everyone in the coming years.
Deniers are the problem.
Cheers for doing nothing love from the future generations.

Deniers the problem?

So please explain to me why alternative modes of transportaion and energy are not available "cheaply", or as cheap as the industry standards now?

How do you know that I am not doing nothing?

I have never denied that the climate changes.

EDIT TO ADD....

I also know that science changes. I also know that politicians latch on to ideas to push a political agenda, and I can tell you that if you donot see the whole "climate change" debacle as a political agenda, the you are the one with your head in the sand.
edit on 1-3-2015 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Global warming does not exist anymore........Climate change is the new power point. I am still on the fence about this climate issue, I do see a need for studying it more. And I do believe we have negative impacts on this planet.

My issues is with the progressive leadership trying to cash in on it all. They could care less about the planet they care about money and power. I think many other people might jump on board if it was not for this simple fact.
edit on 1-3-2015 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Eunuchorn

California yesterday. Half an inch on top of my truck in just over an hour.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I can agree with what you are saying 100%.

It should have never been political, but that is how some in power want it.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wish everyone across the pond well,and hope y'all get through this fierce winter,especially the north and east where you have been hit the worst.

Here in North Wales UK,we have had the weakest attempt at winter for years-hardly any snow,minimal frost,high temperatures.We often get big snow up in the hills here-not so this winter.
Course,we could get a sudden late dollop of snow in March or April,so I won't say winter is over just yet.

But its an ubermild winter so far.

posted on Mar, 1 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Eunuchorn

California yesterday. Half an inch on top of my truck in just over an hour.

You live in NoCal or Socal? I'm in LA area, it rained yesterday for a solid 10 minutes, & for a few hours several days ago.

I love rain & wish it would rain more or at least be overcast more often. Snow...not so much. I almost hate snow as much as I hate the sun.
edit on 1-3-2015 by Eunuchorn because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join