It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Special Forces Engage ISIS For The First Time (and kick their a**)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

You can bet Obama will have someone's a** for not making these guys throw there weapons down and hand over the base.

These guys obviously did not know" Obama's rules of engagement " draw a red line and do nothing.

This will make Americans proud, but Obama and his bootlickers will be apologizing to IS for the actions of these SF solders.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I would suggest that western forces clobbering ISIS could have massive negative blowback...

their set backs might just draw massive support from disenchanted Muslim wanna-bees from western countries to join the Caliphate-Jihadists..... a totally counter-productive result !!!

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
You act like every report from ME is honest and factual.

So I can say anything and you would belive it? Or just when American military is involved? Glad your so happy about something not truely verified.

I thought that was called gullible

Agreed that skepticism is required. BUT

There has been steady and accurate reporting about ISIS taking a city just 9 miles from a key US training base in Iraq.

Military and ISIS Clash Over Iraqi Town Near a Base Housing U.S. Troops
www.nytimes.com...

Engagement was inevitable given the proximity...

And no way in hell were US troops...Spec Ops "Trainers" or not...going to sit by with hands in pockets while ISIS fired on them.

I have no doubt their was tonnage of "Live demonstrations" from the US Trainers on location...and rightly so.

The kind of "teaching moment" I like to hear about.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
a reply to: Elementalist
Thanks for letting us know which side you're on.

This link was sent to me by an Army Ranger.Also, thanks for setting me straight using your vast 2 days of experience on ATS.

Not for nothing...but we shouldn't declare someone the enemy for being skeptical?

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

a reply to: smudge77
Of course there is always someone to bash the US with no evidence, links, common sense or humility.

Every time something happens it's always the US and Israel, right? Link, evidence , or (preferably) STFU.

I prefer, link and evidence, but not STFU...those things are not mutually exclusive.

again nothing personal...but skepticism should be welcomed...

As for this report, I find it credible and likely not the only scenario of this type thus far. the political climate here in the states will make any/all of these reports controversial as the "boots on the ground" debate rages in DC.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

The original topic is a 'report' of US Special forces engaged with ISIS. As far as I can find, that report was traced back to some Iraqi Colonel and a obscure news website. It got zero traction on any main stream media. The report you are referring to is the town of Baghdadi. US Marines are at a near by airbase, Al Asad . The airbase was attacked several days ago, but the attack was repelled by Iraqi forces with support from US helicopters. As far as I have read, there has not been any direct ground engagements between US and ISSI...but I am sure that will happen soon enough.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

How can you say that?

ISIS people cannot learn anything if they are dead.

edit on 21-2-2015 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThinkingCap

I would be very interested to hear a first account perspective of the situation.

Brian Williams will be right with you.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

That's the problem, right there: that YOU think that YOU can judge whom should be killed and whom should not. That's exactly what the executioners of the 21 thought they were allowed to do. That's what the savages that burned a man alive thought they were allowed to do. That's actually what we're fighting against: self righteousness and fundamentalism.

So. Don't celebrate death. Celebrate life.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Useurbrain

The original topic is a 'report' of US Special forces engaged with ISIS. As far as I can find, that report was traced back to some Iraqi Colonel and a obscure news website. It got zero traction on any main stream media. The report you are referring to is the town of Baghdadi. US Marines are at a near by airbase, Al Asad . The airbase was attacked several days ago, but the attack was repelled by Iraqi forces with support from US helicopters. As far as I have read, there has not been any direct ground engagements between US and ISSI...but I am sure that will happen soon enough.

Thanks for that info.

This is speculation, but having close friends in Spec Ops I find it hard to believe that ISIS attacked any location where US Spec Ops was stationed and US troops did not engage. Again...what is being reported and what is actually happening is two different things. Now...I am off to drill down a little on this OP at your encouragement.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Useurbrain

First bit of clarification...The report I cited is the same location/area as the OP..

Al Asad airbase is in the region cited in the OP

The OP story and all related stories are from December 2014...two months old.

No confirmation yet..
edit on 21-2-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Battleline

You can bet Obama will have someone's a** for not making these guys throw there weapons down and hand over the base.

These guys obviously did not know" Obama's rules of engagement " draw a red line and do nothing.

This will make Americans proud, but Obama and his bootlickers will be apologizing to IS for the actions of these SF solders.

you have such profound insight, you should be a foreign affairs advisor for the republicans. I'm sure they can use a man of your obvious intellect.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Bill O reily might be able to give a better account, he has been in combat and in the middle of a firefight.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I don't doubt that our military can outfight them ... but we aren't allowed to actually fight by our own rules of engagement. When someone does fail to get the memo and our men fight like they're trained to and capable of, it's not a contest.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

What goes around comes around. USA! USA! USA! Boots on the ground? How about a boot up your a$$- it's the American way!!! Yes I am happy to celebrate this violence. Die scum die.

Yup, that sounds absolutely American.

Jude11

'Murica!!

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Gotta love imperialism when the media has successfully won a propaganda campaign against whoever is currently being stepped on. God bless a clear conscience and god bless merica!

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Is that all the talking points you received today ?

You don't have to a republican to tell it how it is as far as Obama is concerned, purity much most anyone that can think for them selves is starting to see your messiah for what he is.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Elementalist
Thanks for letting us know which side you're on.

This link was sent to me by an Army Ranger.Also, thanks for setting me straight using your vast 2 days of experience on ATS.

That sort of talk is dangerous, my friend. Just because someone doesn't buy the fraudulent gibberish blasted through the wire, doesn't mean they're an enemy of the state. A person that swallows un-validated information is by and far, now and forever, an enemy of liberty.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Good

I hope they killed a good many of the vermin.

Not surprised on outcome.

ISIS were not going to beat any modern western military unit.

posted on Feb, 21 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I noticed the obscure web site. The US would have an interest in playing down this if it were true.

First, remember officially US troops aren’t on the ground

Two, this looks like another phony war where they want to drag it out.

Same scenario as they did in Pakistan. With Pakistan providing the enemy creation there the Taliban here Turkey plays the Pakistan role and helps create and maintain ISIS

The Saudis do the financing of the evil force ISIS as they financed the creation of the Taliban

This is the age of the phony war

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join