It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department wants Jobs for Jihadis, no, not a joke; launches #Diplomacy Effort

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Before I even post the article , I'm going to state smidgen of my opinion

Obama Administration is drawing fire for suggesting we give Jihadis jobs as a "sophisticated" approach to dealing with them instead of killing them.

State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said Monday night on MSNBC that 'we cannot win this war by killing them, we cannot kill our way out of this war.'

Instead, she said, the administration should 'go after the root causes that leads people to join these groups' – including 'lack of opportunity for jobs.'

'We can work with countries around the world to help improve their governance,' Harf insisted. 'We can help them build their economies so they can have job opportunities for these people.'

So hold up y'all. I don't have a job. So does this mean, if I become a jihadi, Obama will find me a job to deal with me? #DiplomacyEffort Witches!

JOBLESS JIHAD: State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf insisted Monday night on MSNBC that a jobs program in the Middle East could stem the tide of ISIS

A CNN/ORC poll found 57 per cent of Americans disapprove of how President Obama is handling the threat posed by ISIS. Even among Democrats, 46 per cent say America's battle with ISIS is going badly.

Public approval of the administration's anti-ISIS efforts has slipped by 8 percentage points since September.

Part of that slide may be due to the State Department's focus on what conservatives deride as 'hashtag diplomacy' – a program of pushback through social media designed to strip away ISIS's glamourous appeal to would-be jihadis.

Excuse me a moment while I try and swallow my bile. We can't find jobs for our people here, but, we're going to go, create jobs for TERRORISTS who are beheading people, including OUR OWN PEOPLE overseas!!!! Yup, makes perfect sense to me!

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said Monday night on MSNBC that 'we cannot win this war by killing them, we cannot kill our way out of this war.'

Instead, she said, the administration should 'go after the root causes that leads people to join these groups' – including 'lack of opportunity for jobs.'

Perhaps we could have more jobs at home first?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

Perhaps we could have more jobs at home first?

You would think that would be the case, but it seem terrorists are high priority now. What in God's name are we doing? We need to tell Obama it's time for his beddie-bye and let's the adults run Washington now. Unbelievable!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Are there job openings in the oil fields?

How 'bout construction like in the bombed out areas

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have resigned myself to watching the world implode.

None of our "elected" leaders have our interest at heart.

It would be comical if it wasn't threatening the lives of nearly 7 billion people.

Step back and look at EVERYTHING going on in the world.

It is plain insanity on a global scale.

All I can do is protect my family as best I can, and get right with God.

Sorry if off topic but I see this as part of a much bigger evil agenda.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Part of the reason people in the middle east don't like the US is because our leaders are trying to " help guide their governance"
Maybe we should get our nose out of their business.
Can't expect the world to live like us when our own government is broken to its core.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So does this mean that every single native born American citizen with legal parents can opt to wage Jihad on our own government if we are out of work or do not have satisfactory full-time employment especially as our government seems more preoccupied with bringing in illegal citizens and foreign born citizens and getting them jobs and them finding jobs for people who are busy throwing people off of buildings, burning them alive, raping them turning them into breeding slaves and beheading them?

Is this how you get attention by our government these days?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I have resigned myself to watching the world implode.

None of our "elected" leaders have our interest at heart.

It would be comical if it wasn't threatening the lives of nearly 7 billion people.

Step back and look at EVERYTHING going on in the world.

It is plain insanity on a global scale.

All I can do is protect my family as best I can, and get right with God.

Sorry if off topic but I see this as part of a much bigger evil agenda.

No, I honestly cannot blame you. I can't tell if I'm the one who's insane for noticing it and the world around me is sane, or the opposite. It seems everyday we are closer and closer to the end.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Why would anyone be upset by this. They are not talking about giving American jobs to terrorists. They are putting forth the novel idea. That instead of bombing countries to the stone age over and over again. That we help build stronger economies in the middle east. Which place do you think has the better chance of creating a terrorist. The flaming pile of crap, in a crater, stuck in the middle ages. Or a modern country with a modern economy.

Creating jobs in the middle east does no equal taking jobs from Americans.

edit on 17-2-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I know its en vogue to bash Uncle Sam. It one of my favorite past times....but consider the term "idle hands are the devils playground"....

...how many middle eastern nations have government supporting citizen via monies gained from oil produced by the government? Saudi Arabia is a great example.

and, of the rest of the middle east...how many nations have anything resembling an employment market where someone can find a place to trade their effort for hope?

I have said for 15 years now: the more middle eastern men that are working to produce a living for their family, the more middle eastern men you will see settle down and engage themselves in their own economy.

Its not bad logic. But it sure could be initiated in a way that makes it seem so.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So does this mean that every single native born American citizen with legal parents can opt to wage Jihad on our own government if we are out of work or do not have satisfactory full-time employment especially as our government seems more preoccupied with bringing in illegal citizens and foreign born citizens and getting them jobs and them finding jobs for people who are busy throwing people off of buildings, burning them alive, raping them turning them into breeding slaves and beheading them?

Is this how you get attention by our government these days?

Sadly, but according to our State Department, it would seem they are "disenfranchised" and just want a job. Boohoo! I think I'm going to be sick.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

ONE OF the stupidest proposals I've ever heard. The fact that this is real life and not some Saturday Night Live spoof or Daily Show joke is BEYOND me, but this is the country and the world we live in. (epic facepalm)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I completely agree with this. Things are insane.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Why give them jobs when we could simply write them a check every month like we already do with our own jobless? It's a tried and true method. People aren't going to bite the hand that feeds them.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So they have crappy governments. Then it's incumbent upon them to fix that problem. It is not our government's problem to fix it, and does anyone seriously think for a moment that if you walked up to the average member of ISIS and offered him a job that he'd take it?

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
"Sorry, can't behead anyone, bomb a market, rape a child, stone a woman or torch a living human being today. I got a new Obama-ready job as head barista at the new Jihad Starbucks."

-Said no terrorist ever.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I suggest some goat farms....Oh wait, that ain't going to work because of sexual harassment.

Some pig farms.... After they have been forced to rebuild what they destroyed, work for years for them, good plan...

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
Why would anyone be upset by this. They are not talking about giving American jobs to terrorists. They are putting forth the novel idea. That instead of bombing countries to the stone age over and over again. That we help build stronger economies in the middle east. Which place do you think has the better chance of creating a terrorist. The flaming pile of crap, in a crater, stuck in the middle ages. Or a modern country with a modern economy.

We tried this for how long with Iraq ... you know nation building. And the American left crapped all over the idea and whined and complained about how much money we wasted on it when we had our own poor who needed that money so much more.

Well, I guess it didn't work.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

Didn't we do that in Iraq? Bomb the hell out of them then rebuild it for them, then after we left what happened?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I think its a valid point.

This is going for the root of the problem. Which is ultimately, "Why do well educated "normal" human beings become susceptible to the batsh*t crazy ideology of fundamentalist Islam and jihad?"

I think that lack of perceived opportunity and lack of real opportunity goes a very long way towards driving normal human beings just like you and me to become brainwashed religious zealots.

Human beings seek peer acceptance. It is one of our biggest weaknesses, which is used against us on every level, from selling us a car to selling us an idea to selling us a war.

Racism and poverty leads many of these disillusioned kids into the arms of hate preachers and paid agent provocateurs who misguide them into believing that giving up their life as a sacrifice to God is more important than raising your family and building bridges in the communities and progressing as human beings.

The problem has gotten to the stage that the agent provocateurs work is done, the coming war between Christianity/Judaism VS Islam is becoming a self fulfilling prophecy as revenge attacks spiral into all out war.
We are on the cusp IMHO. If we dont wake up to the manipulation leading us into the depths of human depravity very effing fast, then millions possibly billions of people are going to be sacrificed to Albert Pikes Third World War.
Call it a conspiracy theory, but from where Im sitting its becoming a reality very very quickly.

ISIS is theatre, very sick and twisted reality tv.
After every single Islamist nutter incident we are asked, "Is it time to put boots on the ground?"
As every murder of innocent people at the hands of these crazies becomes ever more gruesome, it ultimately becomes inevitable that the goal of boots on the ground will happen.
Our leaders will do what they want, using any means necessary, if that means killing innocent people just to make you angry and appalled and to beg for "Something needs to be done!!!", then so be it.
911 taught me that much, as did Oklahoma, 7/7 and the first WTC bombing, and the very poor CIA fake Osama videos, and his subsequent "execution" and dumping at sea.
The war crime of invading Iraq should have made everybody learn the lesson from the warnings of the thousands of people that said exactly what has happened in Iraq and the wider region would happen.
The balkanisation of the region between Sunni's, Shia's and Kurds. They warned that the region would be destabilised and a power vacuum would be created. Every thing that they warned about has come to pass, everything our leaders told us to get us into Iraq have PROVEN to have been lies.

Like GW once said "We have an old saying back in Texas. Fool me once.....Aint gonna be fooled again"

<<   2  3  4 >>

join