It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department wants Jobs for Jihadis, no, not a joke; launches #Diplomacy Effort

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

our government has never fixed anything that I am aware of. Least of all, another countries problems.

Matter of fact, our government has never acted based on humanitarian reasons. Our sons are not sent to die for what is right and good. They are sent to die for what is profitable.

Don't mistake my agreement with the general sentiment with some kind of agreement with our government involvement. Quite the opposite: if our government would get the hell out of their business, it is quite possible that they could develop their own economy. Those folks don't hate us because of our freedom. They hate us because our government is the cause of 90% of their problems.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
"Sorry, can't behead anyone, bomb a market, rape a child, stone a woman or torch a living human being today. I got a new Obama-ready job as head barista at the new Jihad Starbucks."

-Said no terrorist ever.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

If this is really true...it is very foolish...because ISIL are extremely evil through and through... and even if they are given jobs... they are still going to eventually kill and continue to commit vile acts.

I personally do not think we should strengthen them.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I disagree with the last part of your statement. There are enough examples of countries that have prospered to give lie to that statement. Most of those countries didn't go the dictatorial route though. The two Koreas would be the ones providing the starkest contrast in how much difference governance policies make.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Jobs for Jihadists has a certain ring to it, something that The Labour Party n the U.K would dream up and I'm sure will adopt this stance if they are successful in becoming the next administration.

The Tories went with Hug a Hoody prior to the last election, it was pure class........Not.

Let's have Dance with a Despot or Sponser a Psycho, seriously, it is getting laughable now.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Perhaps what she really means is can we bribe them to be nice say half a million each in coupons redeemable at walmart and burger king. Thats a saving compared to the cost of hunter killer munitions -

worth a punt?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Sooo...Obama finally has a plan to deal with ISIS!

I wish I knew how to put up the Jean-Luc Picard Face-palm image!

Another option:
Let ISIS come through the Mexican/U.S. border for jobs. We can give them Tax refunds, Driver's Licences and Voter I.D. cards, as well
edit on 17-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Sooo...Obama finally has a plan to deal with ISIS!

I wish I knew how to put up the Jean-Luc Picard Face-palm image!

Another option:
Let ISIS come through the Mexican/U.S. border for jobs. We can give them Tax refunds, Driver's Licences and Voter I.D. cards, as well

Here you go, just for you!

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I disagree with the last part of your statement. There are enough examples of countries that have prospered to give lie to that statement. Most of those countries didn't go the dictatorial route though. The two Koreas would be the ones providing the starkest contrast in how much difference governance policies make.

Yes but South Korea had no oil to speak of...

Our involvement in the Middle east is inextricably linked to our dependence on oil...

Oil has retarded the growth of Middle Eastern economies, propped up oppressive dictators and royalty, who live in luxury while 50% of the youth is unemployed and hopeless.

I don't disagree with the fact that endemic unemployment plays a large part with ISIS's recruiting...nor with the idea that a "Change in Governance" in Middle Eastern countries would help address the root of the problem, but the USA can't do anything about that and to date has only fed the problem by propping up these regimes.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
It is DELUDED THINKING to think that these terrorists even want a job outside of their mission in life. They want to take over the WORLD, as has been stated by them all along. They want to kill everyone else of another religion or belief system. They don't want it to stop until it has played out to their maximum benefit.

This whole disaster in the middle east we see today was a planned operation to destabilize the area so they can't produce energy, i.e. oil, and the US becomes the worlds largest energy exporter which we reached this year. So, it doesn't work for the plan to take ISIS out. At least not right now. And as other Muslim countries are now engaging ISIS they plan for an all out civil war there to really destroy their ability. They are being played like a tuned piano. Most people can't see that, but listen to Gen. Wesley Clarke.

There was a minister to one of the oil company executives that told of the plan long ago to fist destabilize their countries and as a result cause them to have a problem distributing oil, and then crashing the US Dollar which would leave them bankrupt since all oil was traded in the Petro Dollar (US Dollar). Then they would be left back in the sands of time.

As far as "Boots on the Ground", we have to thank the Defense Industry for pushing all these wars. In a government that is in kahoots with corporations for their political donations, it is a no brainer. The Defense Industry in the US is a major player and has to foment war and insecurity to drive up their income. This whole situation is a sad state of affairs led by the puppet masters. They also have the desire to correct a population overload of the planet for themselves. I guess they realized at some point if the people wake up they could be wiped out fairly easily. Nothing like WWIII to take care of that.

I basically think we are watching the whole thing circling the drain. When you consider that this is all part of a master plan by the PTB, it is more easy to understand how our illustrious (sarcasm) State Department could come out with this idiotic plan to just give them jobs. They don't want it to stop until it has played out to their maximum benefit.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FalcoFan
a reply to: OneManArmy

Bait much?

Pointing out what appears to be bigotry is now baiting?
Sorry, I just thought I was pointing out what seemed to be an ignorant statement based in lazy stereotyping.
My bad.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Jobs for jihadis. Really? I know I haven't smoked any funny plants or eaten any strange mushrooms today, but did I just read that right?

The logic is utterly absurd. That it is bad economics that breeds a bunch of sociopathic scum who engage in grisly murder for fun and personal expression. I've been homeless, unemployed, with no hope and no prospects, angry and mistrustful of society and the system. Yet somehow, the urge to behead people, crucify them, burn them, or engage in slavery and child rape never came up.

The fact that many ISIS recruits are coming from wealthy countries also kills that theory.

The only job the U.S. administration should ever give a jihadi is pushing up daisies. The economic issue should be left to the countries in the ME to solve.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
The Obama administration thinks ISIS needs Jobs?
Hey, wait a minute...

ISIS Makes Up To $3 Million a Day Selling Oil, Say Analysts

abcnews.go.com...

Reportedly, ISIS released a $2 billion budget for 2015 including a $250 million surplus, though those numbers are disputed. After Mosul fell to the Islamic State in June, the International Business Times declared ISIS the "world's richest terrorist organization" after the central bank's vaults were looted of some $420 million. Estimates vary, but ISIS reportedly rakes in between one and three million dollars per day, though the strikes against its oil refineries have taken a toll.

www.foxnews.com...

Lets do some math: $ 2,250,000,000.00 divided by 50,000 (members) = $45000 per savage psychotic terrorist
That could buy a lot of machetes in that neck of the woods.
edit on 17-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
One other thing I need to mention was an observation of mine from the last 40 years of the Middle East. Nice Guys do not make it there as leaders. You have to be a hardline leader and use overwhelming force or you won't be in power long. It seems it is the only thing they respect is force. As such, any soft plan for jobs or anything else will not make a bit of difference.

As one poster mentioned above, we have seen all kinds of people suffer all kinds of calamities and despair in the West and yet no one just resorted to acts of horrific violence over it. People in general do not understand the type of people these ISIS terrorists (another man's freedom fighter's) are. Unfortunately, no amount of jobs are going to change one terrorist.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This statement could be a contender for the gaffe of the year award.

Does anybody actually still believe anything the Obama Administration says?

But remember, all these wild statements are scripted and emphasized for a reason.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

At least they aren't operating on a deficit !!

The B.I.S. won't like that.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Are you so sure that nations with dictators in power don't have dictators that are installed/supported by the US?

Mubarak? The Saud's? Baby Doc Duvalier?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join