It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Department wants Jobs for Jihadis, no, not a joke; launches #Diplomacy Effort

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I suppose this dovetails nicely with Obama saying he needs to fight ISIS like a "big city mayor".

Amazing how he wants to treat psychotic, murdering, jihadis just like he treats American citizens.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

No, no, better. He'll at least make an effort to get them jobs.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Ah! But we now have plenty of our own oil. So we have no further need to tinker for that reason. Do you honestly think for one second that if we left them alone the ME monarchies would suddenly become elightened modernized nations?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Amazing how he wants to treat psychotic, murdering, jihadis just like he treats American citizens.

As an American....i have to ask how the above statement is made to jibe with "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal".

In all honesty...I sure hope we are treating all humans the same, in line with the rights "endowed by our creator". To not do so would be unAmerican.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oil is a means to an end.

It isn't oil and its intrinsic value. Rather, its oil and its ability to leverage power via the Petro Dollar. Its a little game that was rigged up to funnel more money into US pockets. Not yours and my pocket, mind you.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: IAMTAT

As an American....i have to ask how the above statement is made to jibe with "We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal".

In all honesty...I sure hope we are treating all humans the same, in line with the rights "endowed by our creator". To not do so would be unAmerican.

Okay, I agree with what you said above, but (in your post) are you also suggesting that we shouldn't be killing ISIS for crimes against humanity because, as fellow humans, they were initially created equal to all other humans?

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Nice misleading title that is not at all what they said. And even better muddied interpretation and corresponding rabid rant against your own strawman.

And a total failure in understanding the concept of root cause which is pretty prevalent around here.

No one said Jihadis. What they are saying is that jobs (and not being bombed and watching your family and friends killed and your nation overrun) may prevent the disenfranchisement and vulnerability to radicalization that leads people to join groups like this, or even closer to home, things like street gangs, if you can understand that better, BEFORE they go that route.

And this was a conference of 60 nations trying to address a global issue. Get your heads outta Uncle Sam's ass.

Another irresponsible and ignorant thread based on irresponsible BS reporting worthy or Sorcha Faal. Yay.

Understanding terrorism

Determining what drives people to terrorism is no easy task. For one thing, terrorists aren't likely to volunteer as experimental subjects, and examining their activities from afar can lead to erroneous conclusions. What's more, one group's terrorist is another group's freedom fighter, as the millions of Arabs who support Palestinian suicide bombers will attest.

Given these complexities, the psychology of terrorism is marked more by theory and opinion than by good science, researchers admit. But a number of psychologists are starting to put together reliable data. They're finding it is generally more useful to view terrorism in terms of political and group dynamics and processes than individual ones, and that universal psychological principles—such as our subconscious fear of death and our desire for meaning and personal significance—may help to explain some aspects of terrorist actions and our reactions to them.

Eventually, such information could help in the complex quest to prevent terrorism. Psychologists' findings suggest that assuaging people's fear of cultural annihilation, highlighting our common humanity or demonstrating the discrepancy between the dream and reality of terrorist involvement could keep would-be terrorists from turning to violence, for instance.

In fact, the notion that terrorists could be talked out of committing violence using peaceful dialogue and a helping hand is no longer an idealist's pipe dream, but actually the aim of a growing number of "de-radicalization" programs worldwide, says social psychologist Arie Kruglanski, PhD, co-director of the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism, or START, one of several university-based Centers of Excellence established under the Homeland Security Act of 2002.

edit on 2/17/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I love it, this administration must have a self-destruction consultant who tells them how best to eradicate what little respect they may have had.

Earth to Obama, we don't live in a playstation.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   

I think we shouldn't be killing ISIS because we shouldn't be there, and shouldn't have been part of the reason for the people in ISIS to do what they have done.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I think we shouldn't be killing ISIS because we shouldn't be there, and shouldn't have been part of the reason for the people in ISIS to do what they have done.

My understanding is that the people in ISIS do what they have done to other people they've tortured and horribly killed (including our media people and aid workers) because WE don't believe as they do...or are not willing to convert to their faith. Convert or die.

In other words, ISIS has vowed to kill anyone who isn't of, or won't convert to, their twisted idea of Islam;
Isn't THAT the definition of a 'Worldwide Caliphate' (which is their stated goal)?

Worldwide caliphate
(From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

A "worldwide caliphate" is the concept of a single theocratic one-world government as proposed by some Islamic extremists in their efforts to overthrow the world's current political systems.
en.wikipedia.org...

WE are part of the reason the people in ISIS do what they have done/continue to do...simply by existing as we are. How does one change that for ISIS' sake?
edit on 17-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment added

edit on 17-2-2015 by IAMTAT because: comment and links added

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Ah! But we now have plenty of our own oil. So we have no further need to tinker for that reason. Do you honestly think for one second that if we left them alone the ME monarchies would suddenly become elightened modernized nations?

I am not sure how those regimes would hold up...but it wouldn't be our problem anymore and their growth has been stunted ever since we decided we needed oil. Hell...they would have to figure out another way to make a living beside poking holes in the ground.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

If...we were de-invested from the middle east...then ISIS (in the ME's backyard) would need to be dealt with by the ME.

I have this idea of the Saudi Royals et al speed dialing the Whitehouse and demanding WE take care of the problem...

And why not? When it comes to security in that region we have demonstrated repeatedly we will spend American Lives to protect our business there...which of course is what continues to spin the wheel of hate for the US in the region.

Every conservative in the USA should be 200% for alternative energy investment...cuz that is the path to getting the hell out of the Middle East permanently.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just curious.

Did the Boston bombers have jobs?
Did the 19 that crashed the planes in 2001 have jobs?

Would jobs have stopped them if they were unemployed?
edit on 17-2-2015 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
We need to chemtrail millions of gallons of Haldol above the DC metro area to halt this mass psychosis called the federal government. These people are floridly psychotic. They are from another dimension. The old vibration is their home and we are moving on to the new one, higher, lighter and based on Love and cooperation. We need to slow down the spread of this virus among the population of the ignorant so that we may shove off to the new shore before this place crumbles before our eyes and turns into a complete hell hole

edit on 17-2-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: hell hole boogie. Ya Do the hell hole boogie. Hell hole boogie baby. you do the hell hole boogie...yeah

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Maybe they should be given jobs in Washington....its not like they could do a worse job than the cronies already there

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Just curious.

Did the Boston bombers have jobs?
Did the 19 that crashed the planes in 2001 have jobs?

Would jobs have stopped them if they were unemployed?

You are "time" confused...As if ISIS fighters were born 20 years old with gun in hand.

Try this...Each Terrorist was once a baby...With ISIS, they were toddlers relatively not too long ago...

What happened between then and now to make them terrorists?

This is NOT about finding Terrorists jobs..Its about kids having a potential future before ISIS offers them their pitch.

Its about suggesting that Middle East Governments get their sh*& together and provide an economy that doesn't have a 30-50% unemployment rate for when these kids come of age...

It's about stopping the flow of NEW terrorists whilst we simultaneously dealing with the terrorists we CURRENTLY have..

NOW...How stupid do people have to act to pretend to not get what she said?

ROOT CAUSES are worth exploring when we are almost 15 years into our War on Terror...Hell, Most of the ISIS fighters were in Grade School when 9-11 happened.
edit on 17-2-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

So what was the excuse of the original Muslims who spread their religion by the sword? They were around long before there was a US and long before anyone in the rest of the world cared enough to do anything about them one way or the other.

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
here is what you do.

1) prepare a 200,000 multi national ground force to be aided by a multi national drone and air strikes.

2) take down all communication towers for cell and Internet use within the targeted area. Also put up a radio buffer to eliminate all communication by Radio under 100watt.

3) for a three fold entry and attack plan from neutral areas in Iraq, Turkey, Syria and Jordan.

5) carpet bomb strong holds.

Collateral damage is expected but that is what happens in war. And that is what this is WAR!

edit on 17-2-2015 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Well...then i guess they have a motive without a means to execute unless we go to them.

If Someone wants to kill me but is never within 5000 Miles of me....

posted on Feb, 17 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Serious question...and thanks in advance for indulging me:

How far would their 'worldwide caliphate' have to expand, before you would consider ISIS a genuine threat?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join