It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington police shoot and kill man throwing rocks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Stopping the threat doesn't require death. Remember the man who shot the teens who broke into his house. After they were wounded, he shot the girl again and it was deemed murder (I believe). The law tend to lean to that when he threat is over so is the allowed use of force.

At least that is what I see in all these various cases and statutes.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

And in other news...
Its Friday.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

This all could have been avoided if the man simply had not been breaking the law.

Not to say this incident is crappy but he was breaking the law.

Cops aren't sitting at home sipping their brandy whispering to themselves "cant wait to kill someone".

Stop breaking the law

(post by staple removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Not the first police related incident in the area but this time;

The fourth fatal police shooting since last summer in this agricultural city of 68,000 in southeastern Washington is "Drawing criticism from Mexico."

Also,

PASCO, Wash. -- The family of an orchard worker who was fatally shot by Pasco police after he was accused of throwing rocks at officers has filed a $25 million claim against the city.

Sourc e

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Every cop that discharged his weapon should be indicted. I believe every police shooting that involves an unarmed suspect should be investigated by a non-governmental agency and regardless of "department policy" ANY crime committed by officers should be pursued by prosecution. IMO, training is the problem. These street thugs are taught that WE are the enemy.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Brings to mind "money corrupts but power corrupts absolutely".

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: mthgs602

Killing unarmed people is breaking the law. We have given the police "immunity". Such power.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: mthgs602

This all could have been avoided if the man simply had not been breaking the law.

Cops aren't sitting at home sipping their brandy whispering to themselves "cant wait to kill someone".

Stop breaking the law

Resistance is futile, no "suspect" must get away, even if it means summarily executing them.

This is not a reasonable position to hold or defend.
edit on 14-2-2015 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: onequestion

Brings to mind "money corrupts but power corrupts absolutely".

"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." -Lord Acton

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Ta reply to: FraggleRock

There are many cops that I know and love. There are some that I'm sure are bad trigger happy thugs. The good ones often lament about how the public does not give them the proper respect for what they do.
Where are all the good cops arresting these murdering maniacs? As long as all the good cops think the "wall of blue" is more important than their duty to the citizens they are paid to protect, public trust will continue to wain. Sorry officers but you are the ones that are letting this happen.
Police should have to follow the exact rules of engagement set for the rest of the citizens. Any non LEO's would have been immediately arrested and charged with murder for that.
That incident was disgraceful. Lack of immediate action by the police even more so.

VinMan

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Are you out of your mind? Cops break the law every day. Most are reckless driver on or off duty. Is it okay if we shoot them all?
Driving at 100 plus mph is probably at least just as reckless as throwing rocks at cars. I don't recall any cops being shot for that. Would you then come on and say. This could have been avoided if he wasn't breaking the law?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Another turd has been eliminated. Shot by police instead of dying of exposure or a failed liver. I tried to care, I really did, but oops, I don't.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I grew up in a rough neighborhood where I had several fights, and chased many people. I can tell you from experience when someone throws a rock while running away, they do not come out with a lot of velocity. A running person doesn't have their entire weight and force behind their throws.

I've actually caught rocks in mid air and thrown them back at people. The worst I felt was a temporary sting in my hand, but in most cases the rocks where very easy to avoid. I never once felt my life flash before my eyes in a moment of fear.

Now in my case it was me vs him, one on one, I had no training, no body armor, no taser, no pepper spray, no gun, and didn't have two other trained professionals by my side. Some how I manged to handle it with out deadly force, but these so called professionals can't?

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
Another turd has been eliminated. Shot by police instead of dying of exposure or a failed liver. I tried to care, I really did, but oops, I don't.

^
Another turd who enables the existence of tyranny from the comfort of his high horse.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin

[/quot

That's a disgusting statement.
One that can only be made whilst hiding behind an online avatar.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

This all could have been avoided if the cops didn't shoot the guy...
Breaking the law is not a death sentence and can not be seen as one.
Kinda the whole point of the the whole unjust punishment thing.

Tired of this "he/she was breaking the law so their death doesn't mean anything"

That is not the job of the cop, their job is to get the person in front of a judge not in a casket.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mthgs602

Stop breaking the law

You don't shoot an unarmed man with his hands up if you aren't the type of lowlife "sitting at home sipping their brandy whispering to themselves "cant wait to kill someone""

That's exactly the type of person who would do that.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Cops should be routinely checked for 'roids and speed---like monthly urine tests. I would bet that at least one of these guys would test positive, probably all three.

posted on Feb, 14 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but did everyone see a different video? The guy is shown throwing a fist sized rock at point blank range at a cops head, then is seen getting shot with at least three air tasers, and then keeps running. The guy runs across the street, slows down (grated at this point his hands are up) then turns around with his hands in a fighting stance before getting shot.

So explain to me what everyone else is seeing?

****SIDE NOTE****

It's been noted in local news that the rock thrower has had a record of violent behavior that includes attacks on the police.
King 5 News

Court documents show Zambrano-Montes had two violent confrontations with Pasco police in 2014. The first case in January stemmed from alleged vandalism by Zambrano-Montes. When officers arrived, he started threw a rocking chair and a mailbox at them, then started fighting. He grabbed for an officer's gun, records show, and was only subdued with a taser gun. One officer involved suffered a concussion.

The second incident was in July. A caller told police Zambrano-Montes was locked in the basement of a house with a kitchen knife. Officers found him and, according to court documents, compared him to the "Tasmanian Devil" covered in "sweat and blood." Again, there was a confrontation and again, tasers were deployed.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join