It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington police shoot and kill man throwing rocks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a reply to: sosobad

Believe me when I say I'm not a triger happy kind of person, and I would NOT slep easily if I would have shoot someone, even if I was justified to do it in last resort!!!

Still I do not understand your point!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I have replied on the subject that an attack is done using a "rock", call it a brick or anything...

Of course, if it is simple gravel or nothing as you seem to imply, this is VERY different thing. Then physical subduing is sufficient!

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PeterMcFly

Believe me when I say I'm not a triger happy kind of person, and I would NOT slep easily if I would have shoot someone, even if I was justified to do it in last resort!!!

Still I do not understand your point!

If 3 men can't subdue 1 man armed with a rock without killing him they a) should not be doing their job and b) don't deserved to be called men.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:54 AM
link   

I have to concede that 3x man vs one guy throwing rock is excessive force! Don't they have fuc***g taser?

My point is being ALONE vs a brick throwing guy(s).

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Sorry I did not read OP correctly!

(post by YouSir removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Sir, may I suggest that we're speaking about "real" rock and not "gravel" taken from road.

At this point I would like to mention I had no involvement in this event.

(post by PeterMcFly removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

LOL

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:06 AM
link   
They don't make'm like they used to (police officers).

Not sure how this can actually, in a sane world, be justified but I bet someone will let us know soon.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I"m not sure I understand?! You know, I'm not born english speaking so...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Threats are to be evaluated based on lethality.

Rock hitting your head = can kill

car hitting you = can kill

knife = can kill

So anyone not willing to defent itself is a recipient for a Darwin!

(post by YouSir removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I am no terrorist or cartel member, but thank you for caring!

Today, as an experiment, try to throw a brick at the first cop you see! Remember to "clearly" show that you have another brick in your other hands. We'll see to whom the Darwin will go today ...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Threats are to be evaluated based on lethality.

Rock hitting your head = can kill

car hitting you = can kill

knife = can kill

So anyone not willing to defent itself is a recipient for a Darwin!

Crazy man, you do have a point.

Rock on Bozo

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Le clown est triste ...

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   

I have to concede that 3x man vs one guy throwing rock is excessive force! Don't they have fuc***g taser?

My point is being ALONE vs a brick throwing guy(s).

What has you alone got to do with what happened? 3 pussies shot a man dead, who might I add had nothing in his hand at the time of the shooting. The thread is not about if you are afraid of rocks or not. Incidentally thank god you are not a cop.
edit on 13-2-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Just had time to watch the video.

That was vile.

Pusillanimous...

That's not Latin for Pussy Animals...

Pusillanimous means cowardly!!!

edit on 13-2-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

This was wrong. I don't know what this guy did to piss off the cops, but whatever it was, he accomplished it. They acted with rage. These guys don't need to be cops, they need to be in jail.

posted on Feb, 13 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: PeterMcFly
He was unarmed, hands open, arms wide and they shot him like a dog.

Watch the video again--your interpretation is quite a ways off. Here, I made some still to show you that, at the moment he suddenly stopped and turned around, his hands were far from obviously open and his arms certainly were not wide.

I can't remember if the last two are out of order because they're so similar, but one of them is captured exactly as the first shot is fired. Keep in mind, from the moment that he stops, reverses direction, and does this action with his hands and then is fired upon, only about 1.5 seconds elapses.

I'm not saying that the cops were justified in the shooting or not--I'm not privy to all the details enough to make that determination in this case--but I will say that to my semi-trained eye, it sure could appear to an LEO that, in that 1.5 seconds, he turned around and pulled something out of his waistband or pants and raised and pointed it at the officers. Should they be able to determine if there is something deadly in his hand within under two seconds in that high-stress situation? Maybe.

But if you have a family to return home to and you're responding to a call about a guy 'acting crazy' and throwing softball-sized rocks at traffic, and then is brazen enough to run from police, then suddenly stops, turns around, and seemingly confronts you with hand motions that could be interpreted as him raising a weapon at you, do you really take that chance as a police officer, let alone as a possible husband and father?

I don't.

Like I said, I'm not going to call this outright justified, but I can certainly empathize with the reaction to fire their weapon when you actually consider all things happening in this scenario. But I'm not an LEO, so my standards and expectations are, and should be, different.
edit on 13-2-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join