It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington police shoot and kill man throwing rocks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The incident begins when police receive calls about a man throwing rocks at cars. When police arrive the man is reported to have thrown rocks at them. They attempt use of a stun gun but that attempt is unsuccessful. That's when things go horribly wrong.

Witnesses say the man was running away when he was shot. They told the Tri-City Herald the man had run about half a block when he was killed about 5 p.m. Tuesday near the Fiesta Foods store.

WARNING viewer discretion is advised.

www.youtube.com...

After watching the video it clearly shows the individual running from police until such a time he decides running is no longer an option. That is when he turns to face officers and the hail of gunfire commences.

Now to avoid the usual conflict I will say that throwing rocks at cars is dangerous and unacceptable. Throwing rocks at police is also dangerous and unacceptable. Running from police is typically not a great move to make. With all that said, is it a death penalty?

The ACLU of Washington isn't so sure:

"Fleeing from police and not following an officer's command should not be sufficient for a person to get shot," the group's executive director, Kathleen Taylor. Deadly force should be used only as a last resort, she said.

So what are we missing from the narrative of this situation? Is it an obvious example of excessive force or is it an obvious case of proper police procedure?

Source
edit on 2/12/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

This thread has been promoted on the ATS Twitter Feed with the following image:

edit on 12-2-2015 by SkepticOverlord because: ADDED TO TWITTER

+5 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I say standard operating procedure for dummies who have not sufficient training in anything but doughnuts and shooting people...

+12 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   
That was murder.

Plain and simple.

P

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I'll give you my rocks when you pry it from my cold, dead hands.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wow that was insane. Crazy the person in the car filmed it so well. I'm not sure why the police didn't attempt anything else, why shoot? RIP

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

WTF ....that was murder.....the cops must really hate exercise is that is how they deal with that....

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

Shoot the guy selling cigarettes. Shoot the guy jaywalking. Shoot the woman driving away. Shoot the guy camping without a permit. Shoot the guy with a rock.

They shoot the guy.
They shoot the woman.
They shoot people.
They shoot.
They just keep shooting.

Screw those guys. This is no longer a developing crisis. We have a problem. A problem where our tax dollars could potentially be buying the very same bullets that will kill our family, neighbors, and friends.

Screw them.
edit on 12-2-2015 by Cuervo because: clarity

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's almost like they just say "you're hired kid, here's a gun & a badge, go shoot some stuff"

Where's the training?
How are these supposed professionals handling these interactions any different than some scared average joe with a gun would?

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: coldkidc
It's almost like they just say "you're hired kid, here's a gun & a badge, go shoot some stuff"

Where's the training?
How are these supposed professionals handling these interactions any different than some scared average joe with a gun would?

The average joe with a gun wouldn't just shoot a homeless guy with a rock. I'm starting to wish we would just hire average joes with guns.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
The thing is... I would understand shooting the guy if he was still throwing rocks at cars, people, cops... it's definitely an overreaction and something I would rather be solved in a different way, but I could at least understand that.

However... the guy ran away. And then he stopped running. Turned around. With his hands up. WTF did they shoot him for then!?!?!? He was obviously not a threat at that point!!!

Cold murder.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   
videos like this sure will make you think twice about calling 50 if your ever in need. wow... just wow. and the captain will say good job cops! job well done..

edit to add. tell he how them cops felt threaten for their life??? the were shooting him in the back..
edit on 12-2-2015 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The culture within the departments encourages this behavior and they enjoy it.

That's why it keeps happening.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   
This sounds familiar.
Where have I heard this before, oh yeah thats right, I don't spose that these pigs where ex Israel Defence Force were they?
IDF usually shoot and kill rock throwers too but normally they limit it to kids.

Anyway, these pigs deserve scorn and condemnation for their remaining days.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
When I was overseas if I had shot everyone who threw rocks at us I would be in Leavenworth.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   
These officers deserve the death penalty. If the city doesn't do anything, they deserve it also.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Do I need to watch the video to say that the "officers" involved are what we would label filthy animals who roll about in their own s#...

I mean I'm putting trust in you guys judgement of what you say happened...

& it sounds as if they really are of the khanzeer variety of beast.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
This is why the police are our enemies.

Never trust the police.

They are supposed to make you feel safe, but who honestly does when they are around?

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Just another day in the good ol' USA...

Sadly, police brutality and other extreme practices are starting to become the norm for police forces, not only in the USA, but other Western states as well. There needs to be independent oversight on all law enforcement agencies.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SkipperJohn
After a few experiences it's my opinion it's best just not to call them..Sad but true story.
I wonder where they got these officers from..Israel maybee? Looks pretty damn bad.

posted on Feb, 12 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Guys, obviously if they didn't shoot him he was going to kill all of them in the next half second.

You guys just don't understand what it is like to be in that kind of danger, the guy might have been on pcp meth and crack and had super human strength.

Paid vacation time!
And then the chief coming out and saying they did everything by the book.

Wow... So I had only watch to when they fire for the first time, wonder where those shots went.
Just saw the part where he stops and they just run up and finish him off.

Freaking disgusting.
edit on thThu, 12 Feb 2015 23:26:04 -0600America/Chicago220150480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join