It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanjay Gupta Destroys Rand Paul

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
The post by DeadSeraph showing Rand Paul getting his shots, and the post by Skid Mark giving Rand Pauls exact words and connotations, pretty much kills the 'Rand Paul hates vaccinations chatter. Lesson - always dig a little deeper than the media spin to get to the truth.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Yeah. Okay. Who pays Sanjay Gupta?

Also Why is the Mainstream Media Ignoring Measles Vaccine Fraud Cases?

The Truth About Measles the Mainstream Media is Suppressing

ZERO U.S. Measles Deaths in 10 Years, but Over 100 Measles Vaccine Deaths Reported

Putting Measles Into Perspective

Also, consider that in 1963, the population was 189,241,798. That means that prior to the vaccine, the percentage of the entire US population that died from measles was .000237%. (Remember this figure, because it will be important in about two paragraphs.)

Now, if you read the little excerpt above, you might be scared, because even with vaccines, the global death count for children from measles is 197,000 in the stats above! That’s a scare tactic and it makes me mad. First of all, it wasn’t 197,000 children. It was 197,000 people and some of them were children.

Then the excerpt above goes on to talk about present day figures. There are over 6 billion people on the planet. That’s shown as 6,000,000,000 numerically. Correct me if you disagree, but when over 150,000 people die each day total, is 540 people dying of measles each day really that outrageous? They’re counting on us not comprehending the vast population of our global society. 240,000 children in low income countries alone die each year of neonatal infection. 1.26 million people die each year from diabetes and yet they’re still pushing the high fructose corn syrup in school lunches.

I had measles, mumps, german measles and chicken pox. So did everyone I knew growing up in a very large city. And we all somehow survived. No one died. Barely anyone even had a fever. We were itchy but could still play outside if we just stayed away from people who didn't have it yet. And this was all also before they used antibiotics for everything too.

Some vaccines are necessary, where the impact of the disease far outweighs the impact of the vaccine. I'm not just sure about the MMR or that it meets this criteria.

A few kids in Cali itched for a few days and all this resurfaces in the media as if measles is going to kill us all. Huge smokescreen by Merck if you ask me.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme
a reply to: stirling

I have a 6 month old. I would welcome something to corroborate what you are saying.

www.vaccineriskawareness.com... Measles-Vaccine-Is-Withdrawn-And-Other-Vaccine-Death-Cases

This is something that shows that vaccines do in fact sometimes cause terrible tragedies.
This is the kind of negligence that should carry a harsh criminal sentence.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

I and my siblings all had measles at the same time, and at one point mumps at the same time, and all we did was miss school and watch TV. When did measles become the scary plague? It was itchy, and we ate ice cream. That's my memory of measles.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

originally posted by: Anyafaj

OMG, You do realize joking IS allowed here, right?

I get it. I just don't think you're really joking. Most vaccination "advocates" I've run across have absolutely no problem with forcing people into the program against their will. Your "joke" seems to me a colorful and exaggerated example of a principle many of them do in fact wish to see implemented on a more massive and intrusive scale than it already is.

I won't belabor the point. Because I make one joke does not make me a proponent of forcing people to do, well ANYTHING! Trust me! If we were to start with holding them down against their will and giving them a shot, what's next and where does it end? And yes, I know the whole quote by Rand Paul, however the mental retardation hits close to home as I've been raising a daughter who has it due to birth defects, oxygen loss, and autism related to birth defects. For people who would much rather go through a debilitating disease than a child with autism, I truly feel sorry for them. Because truthfully, that's who they behave, or act, when they freak out over a fake vaccine study.

There is in innocence in autism I will take over measles, mumps, anything, any day of the week that will make your heart smile on the lowest day. They find joy every single day, in every thing, and eventually, you see it everywhere with them as well. For people who treat this as a death sentence, not anyone specifically, just in general, you really are missing out in life. Vaccines do NOT cause autism. Genetics do. so many other factors do. sometimes the child's chemistry does. Otherwise EVERY child who ever got the MMR vaccine would have autism, including myself and all 4 of my brothers and sisters.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Words from the man himself:

I did not say vaccines caused disorders, just that they were temporally related — I did not allege causation. I support vaccines, I receive them myself and I had all of my children vaccinated,” Paul said in a statement. “In fact today, I received the booster shot for the vaccines I got when I went to Guatemala last year.

SOURCE

I agree with his vaccination comment, I do NOT agree with an eye surgeon making a comment stating vaccines causes profound mental disorders.

On CNBC Paul did say that he thinks "vaccines are one of the biggest medical breakthroughs that we've had" and that "public awareness of how good vaccines are for kids and how they are good for public health is a great idea." So far, so good.

However, the senator seemed to lend credence to the thoroughly discredited claims that vaccinations are associated with autism. From CNBC:

I've heard of many tragic cases of walking, talking normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Anytime I see Anti-Vaxxers talking it reminds me of a clip from a youtube video series titled "What if Google was a guy"

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Yes they can kill you.
Also If you are pregnant and contract measles it can cause many complications.

www.nhs.uk...

So If your kid has not had the shot and measles is around please stay away from pregnant people.
We live in society and to not get vaccinated only harms others around you.
edit on 4-2-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The post by DeadSeraph showing Rand Paul getting his shots, and the post by Skid Mark giving Rand Pauls exact words and connotations, pretty much kills the 'Rand Paul hates vaccinations chatter. Lesson - always dig a little deeper than the media spin to get to the truth.

Now how about the quote, "It causes profound mental disorders."

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
Vaccinate away Domo....measles wont kill ya and mumps wont either.....
I don't think the whole truth has surfaced on the subject just yet......
If course that makes me a dumbass idiot in your book, but theres a lot you don't know either....which doesn't sit well with your arrogance....

Actually the adult onset of measles, mumps, and chickenpox can be devastating and potentially fatal.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

I have a 6 month old. I would welcome something to corroborate what you are saying.

Do to the conflicting views on vaccine and having best friends that own several schools for autistic children we decided to give the vaccine , but we also decided to spread them out as far as possible and for as long as possible.

In addition, we only gave one vaccine at a time and none of the combined shots.

Our son is now 7 years old and perfectly healthy.

Its scary and PLAIN SAD that in our society today we even have to justifiably second guess health orginaztions and doctors.

In addition, also remember even if the gov't is purely doing it for the right reason instead of any monetary influences, they still have to do it from a standpoint of the greater good.

Therefore , its acceptable for them to have side effects caused by the vaccines which lead to autistism if it help 80% of the population. Hence, while it might not be acceptable for you to be part of the 20%. its acceptable for them because its worth the risk on the overall picture.

Good luck but I do suggest to spread the shots out and only give one at a time to make it easier on their little body. They will try to discourage this at least they did with us but we are glad we did it. It just didn't appear to be a good idea to pump their little bodies with so much medicine at one time. We wanted to decrease the dosage and allow his body to fight one vaccine at a time.

BTW is Gupta another @Hole like Dr. OZ who is benefitting from giving B$ advice and recommendations?

edit on 23228America/ChicagoWed, 04 Feb 2015 09:23:58 -0600up2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:22 AM
link   
double post
edit on 23228America/ChicagoWed, 04 Feb 2015 09:23:43 -0600up2842 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

A clinical diagnosis can't even start to be considered accurate until about the age of two. Anyone who claims their child has autism at or before that age is just guessing. Even a two- or three-year-old is hard to diagnose unless they are at the extreme end of the autistic spectrum.
edit on 4-2-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Well, I have a son with Aspergers Syndrome and ADHD. I have asked him, since he's 11 now, if he would wish to get rid of all of his tics and societal issues and uncontrolled reactions and outbursts if it meant being itchy and sick for a few weeks. He would give nearly anything to rid himself of these symptoms, because it is fostering a drop in self-esteem because of his inability to interact "normally" with other kids in the neighborhood. He's tired of hearing things like, "Try to control that (insert behavior here," when he's over-hyped and can't control himself. He hates losing control over his emotions for things as simple as a friend wanting to play something different than what he wants to, or is disinterested in something that my son created from his imagination. He gets his feelings hurt when a voice is raised at him to the point that he truly thinks that people, including me and his mom, do it intentionally just to make him feel bad.

I'm not convinced in the least that the MMR vaccine causes autism, but for you to pretend that living a life within the autistic spectrum is somehow better than getting measles is one of the most asinine comments that I have ever read on this site. Yes, there are moments when he sees joy in simple things, but those are not the norm with his symptoms. He can't even stand to be on the same side of the room when his 13-month-old sister has a bottle--he reacts like she is diseased because she's drinking from something, and he can't be in the same room when she eats because her dirty face grosses him out to the point that he can't eat.

This is not better than contracting measles. He is who he is, and I don't ever want that to change--but for nearly a decade of his life, he has wanted it to change, and that breaks my heart.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
To vaccinate or not is a hot debate, but I will tell you what, just because you are vaccinated does not give you the right to not wash your darn hands. Warm water and soap goes a long way to help keep germs from spreading. If your sick , stay home, you are not doing anyone a favor. There are so many other illnesses we should be worrying about that we spread around to each other that cause greater harm. Seriously practice a little healthy hygiene.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Watcher777
To vaccinate or not is a hot debate, but I will tell you what, just because you are vaccinated does not give you the right to not wash your darn hands. Warm water and soap goes a long way to help keep germs from spreading. If your sick , stay home, you are not doing anyone a favor. There are so many other illnesses we should be worrying about that we spread around to each other that cause greater harm. Seriously practice a little healthy hygiene.
If you're sick, you could always do the Japanese thing and wear a mask to work rather than coughing and sneezing your germs all over the place. I'm really baffled why the rest of the civilized world does not adopt this approach to sickness. If you're sick, wear at least a mask if you go out in public.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42
BTW is Gupta another @Hole like Dr. OZ who is benefitting from giving B$ advice and recommendations?

Pretty much--he's been proven incompetent or ideological on quite a few different issues. If I had the energy or time, I'd link some examples, but I'll just have to direct you to Google.

We are also vaccinating our daughter on the delayed schedule so that it's easier on her body, and we're flatly refusing some of the vaccines altogether. Luckily, my job allows my wife to be a SAHM (per her choice) and homeschool our son and daughter (when she's old enough...again, her choice). We don't have to worry about school district mandates of vaccinations or anything, so that gives us a level of freedom of choice that I wish all parents had, regardless as to where their children are educated.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

If you're sick, wear at least a mask if you go out in public.

I have this one:

It comes with a germ killing machete as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

If you're sick, wear at least a mask if you go out in public.

I have this one:

It comes with a germ killing machete as well.
Remind me to avoid you when you're sick.

Nevermind, you're always sick.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

I got a pic at Augusts last Mason meeting.
Also drives away germs and such.

He is the one on the right.

(lol couldn't resist August
).

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join