It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sanjay Gupta Destroys Rand Paul

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Sanjay Gupta destroys Rand Paul's claim vaccines causes mental disorders

CNN’s Sanjay Gupta said Tuesday that Sen. Rand Paul’s (R-KY) claim that vaccines could cause mental disorders was both wrong and dangerous.

“Rand Paul is a doctor,” he noted. “I’m sure he looks at studies, he knows the scientific method. He says he knows of many children who have wound up with mental disorders after vaccines — you know, I don’t know where he is getting that data from.”

“One of the old adages in science is that correlation does not equal causation,” Gupta remarked. “So maybe kids who have had mental disorders that have also received vaccines around that time in life, but just because those two things happen around the same time do not make one causing the other.”

THANK YOU SANJAY!!!! Now if only we can wake everyone up to vaccinate...... Some people aretoo insane listening to some people like Rand Paul. I wish some doctors were allowed to carry an Amazonian blow dart and could vaccinate them on the way out of the office.

Pew! Pew!

"Ooopsy, I hit you instead of that girl who's mom thinks she won't get measles. My apologies, I'm still getting used to thing! Oh well, now you're doubly protected!"

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

So vaccines didn't reduce measles/polio blah blah.
Correlation does not equal causation right. Right.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Yeah sure my friends baby was vaccinated for measles I think and within 2 days was autistic.....true story...

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: stirling

I have a 6 month old. I would welcome something to corroborate what you are saying.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Line up America time to get your retared shot. . . .

Seriously they force people to get these, in fact kids cant go to public school without them.

I would reccomend never ever getting shot with anything ever.

+1 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   

ETA:

He's right. CNN twisted that in the most ridiculous fashion. Paul's comments weren't against vaccinations, and were completely taken out of context.
edit on 4-2-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

I wish some doctors were allowed to carry an Amazonian blow dart and could vaccinate them on the way out of the office.

What, you think they're stupid so that justifies assaulting them?

That kind of thinking leads me to believe that Rand's suspicions are in fact warranted.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

I wish some doctors were allowed to carry an Amazonian blow dart and could vaccinate them on the way out of the office.

What, you think they're stupid so that justifies assaulting them?

That kind of thinking leads me to believe that Rand's suspicions are in fact warranted.

OMG, You do realize joking IS allowed here, right? Yup. America is dead. We killed her. Sorry USA. We failed you.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I had measles and mumps when I was young. Mumps was much worse, but my point is I still ended up fine. If you want to immunize your child then you don't have to worry about if I immunize mine...assuming the vaccines work, right?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Was the president vaccinated?

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

OMG, You do realize joking IS allowed here, right?

I get it. I just don't think you're really joking. Most vaccination "advocates" I've run across have absolutely no problem with forcing people into the program against their will. Your "joke" seems to me a colorful and exaggerated example of a principle many of them do in fact wish to see implemented on a more massive and intrusive scale than it already is.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Okay , my kids are vaccinated and quite healthy . Maybe your kids arent , they can still go to the same school .My kids wont get sick and i hope yours dont either . But if they get sick , well take a look in the mirror . Vaccinations save lives .
edit on 4-2-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Words from the man himself:

I did not say vaccines caused disorders, just that they were temporally related — I did not allege causation. I support vaccines, I receive them myself and I had all of my children vaccinated,” Paul said in a statement. “In fact today, I received the booster shot for the vaccines I got when I went to Guatemala last year.

SOURCE

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Jon Stewart too :

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Correlation =/= causation.

media.boingboing.net...

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

AWESOME! These anti vaxxers need to be mocked as often as possible. They are one of the most dumbass groups I have ever seen, and the dumbassery is threatening us all.

If you are the kind of self righteous jackass that refuses to vaccinate your kids, keep your kids away from the rest of us. Of course your real estate license gives you the right to tell all the people that actually have real degrees and actually study this kind of thing to hush.

Idiot conspiracy theorists and bandwagon idiots. I actually saw some moron post that measles doesn't kill that many people in the US every year. I WONDER WHY! Perhaps because people are vaccinated. The debate isn't worth debating, and I'm so glad the vast majority (including an overwhelming majority that are actually informed) are now openly lobbying against these morons.

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

The issues I have with vaccines I have posted here.

Seems like the Agitprop on vaccines is being driven into overdrive.

Vaccine post on ATS

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Vaccinate away Domo....measles wont kill ya and mumps wont either.....
I don't think the whole truth has surfaced on the subject just yet......
If course that makes me a dumbass idiot in your book, but theres a lot you don't know either....which doesn't sit well with your arrogance....

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   

I agree totally. We don't know the truth yet.
This guy's on the right track imo. He's trying to get to the truth.

He mentions the research being done by Suzanne Humpries, M.D.

Her info here.

Another informative artice:
Immune system's secrets

posted on Feb, 4 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph
Great post! You brought a gun to the knife fight.
I love it when people provide actual, factual data.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join