It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop feeding into the lies people! The truth is in front of you.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
If we look back we see that in the begining we did not need knowledge to be happy. After the garden is when the religion of science was born. While religions currently get the credit for being the cause of all the death and wars it was science that gave us the weapons to fight those wars. That is the nature of the duality in some ways.

Science is very slick in telling us things like we can not fly cause we do not have wings and that you need a spark to start a fire but is that really true? In your heart you already know the answer. Does God need wings to fly? Did they need wings in biblical times to fly? No they knew something we do not know today. Everyone says today that all the good stuff we dream about is impossible but that is not what God says.

So if there was a time when myths and legends were reality then it is safe to assume that modern education not only shapes our minds but also i think technology has a hand in keeping our powers at bay. Does that mean i agree with boko haram? No i do not think that killing is the way to fight the battle against these forces. In another thread i told a member that the pen is only mighter than the sword if the pen is wielded correctly. That is the key to the battle for our minds. It is time we not only see both sides but time to stand up as you have begun too against this mental rationing that has taken place.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

What they have done by writing these books and declaring each the divine truth is divide us. Divide and conquer, these religions may all claim to oppose each other but in reality they are all the same people playing the same game with us. While we squabble with one another, they profit from our ignorance. They have instituted this "status quo" with genocide, propaganda,fear-mongering, and indoctrination. This is all recorded in our history books and even today. They constantly divide us.

Sounds like what government does.

Religion= Government.

New boss same as the old boss with a oh so hipper rap.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It seems like religion and politics have always gone hand in hand. Religion has been a huge topic of debate in politics for all of recorded history, wars even being approved by the government based on religious beliefs.

I'm thinking the people who made religion made it to gain favor from a certain religious group in politics. Just like we see today with Republicans being associated with Christians and the illusion that Democrats are in support of Islam. Obama is seen as "Muslim" to Republican Christians the majority of the time, and since he is "Muslim" he is a threat to America. Whether Obama is really Muslim or not doesn't matter, the fact still remains that the stigma is there.

I'd say politics and religion are part of the same plan.
edit on 1/26/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The only difference being is those who deify the state.

Complete with their 'prophets'.

Yep religion, and politics go hand in hand.

Same thing. Different names.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kukri
To discount religion out of hand is somewhat shallow as the teachings are solid for the most part they just tend to flesh out the wisdom with a lot of hogwash and storytelling. selectively taking the good and dumping the excrement from all the religions will give you the insight and philosophy you need without the burden of dogmatic trivialities and drivel.

That's my take on religion in one very short and insignificant paragraph. Make of it what you will.

I can get the same effect from truth. I can read the greats who agree that there is no god. Religion isn't the end all be all of morality. So, you want to pick and choose what you live by in your book. Are you even sure you have it correct or have you misinterpreted it. We're all human and have been known to be wrong on occasion. I won't blame a book for my shortcomings.

It's all good and I don't hold your belief against you. This is just mine.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
God is everything period.

It amazes me that this doesnt sit well with some while others are open to this great truth.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord

It amazes me that this doesnt sit well with some while others are open to this great truth.

It amazes me that people get mad because some don't believe in god.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

It amazes me that people get mad because some don't believe in god.

Your amazement amazes me in an amazing way. . .Which isnt amazing at all. . . .

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Its all about bliss!

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Its all about bliss!

It's all about shoving religion down our throat. If we don't agree, we're evil or going to hell.

Here's a passage you might want to read.

Matthew 7:1-3King James Version (KJV)

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Its all about bliss!

It's all about shoving religion down our throat. If we don't agree, we're evil or going to hell.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

No its not about shoving anything anywhere, our lives are our our own personal quests what we come across and who we wish to believe and disbelieve its totally up to us in most cases.

edit on 26-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Its all about bliss!

No its not about shoving anything anywhere, our lives are our our own personal quests what we come across and who we wish to believe and disbelieve its totally up to us in most cases.

Yet, you still judge.

John 8:7

So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I was trying a new way to get you to listen. I figured I'd use your Bible against you.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I was trying a new way to get you to listen. I figured I'd use your Bible against you.

My bible?

Why would you think I was a bible believer?

I believe in god and thats it period.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

My bible?

Why would you think I was a bible believer?

I believe in god and thats it period.

I'll keep hell or whatever you call it warm for you.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
It was the absolute of this statement that I ultimately commented on. You put me on the defensive with that. I'm not impressed. I will not change. You might not like it but you really can't do anything about it. That's all the truth I need. It appears you need me to conform to your way of thinking. Not happening.

God is everything period. It amazes me that this doesnt sit well with some while others are open to this great truth.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It was the absolute of this statement that I ultimately commented on. You put me on the defensive with that. I'm not impressed. I will not change. You might not like it but you really can't do anything about it. That's all the truth I need. It appears you need me to conform to your way of thinking. Not happening.

God is everything period. It amazes me that this doesnt sit well with some while others are open to this great truth.

Ever herd of the Yoga Vasista?

I reccomend it its a very good book written some 10,000-20,000 years ago about the illusionary nature of our reality.

As to hell and all that crapola its as real as you believe it to be for you, as is god.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Ever herd of the Yoga Vasista?

I reccomend it its a very good book written some 10,000-20,000 years ago about the illusionary nature of our reality.

As to hell and all that crapola its as real as you believe it to be for you, as is god.

I used to pride myself with an open mind. You just had to screw that up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join