It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop feeding into the lies people! The truth is in front of you.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I was hoping to find some truth in this thread but none of it makes any sense. God's light? Virtual world?

It is quite hard to understand how mass can come from sound and light vibrations but it does.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

You pretty much nailed it randyvs

Here's my two cents:

Naturally speaking, light and darkness have the same type of characteristics only opposite. The same thing is true in the invisible realm.

The Creator (True God) is not light. The True God is sound, the expression of him thru people is the light, aka Son of God.

Naturally speaking, light is a derivative or evidence of sound. Light cannot exist without sound, it's impossible. However sound can exist without light. All light eventually returns to it's "sound" state.

All of this is written in the Bible; either plainly or symbolically, it is a primary pattern and the building blocks for all creation, seen or unseen. This is true.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: deadeyedick

Because both Jesus and Allah are connected to the Abrahamic god, that's why I keep throwing them together.

There's three [gods] in the old testament.

Elohim, who (according to the story) created the heavens and the earth.
The name actually means God plural and in past, present & future tense.

Jehovah (or Yahweh) who shows up at the end of Chapter one after
everything has been created and Elohim takes a rest and states
that nothing else need be created and does exactly that, creates
Adam.

And then there's Adoni.

And then there's the nameless [god] who shows up at the
burning bush.

So I ask people when they refer to the God of the old testament
which God or god are they referring to?

Rebel 5

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

Good topic you bring up, really.

What you are referring to are three names for the same God. The no name is actually "I AM". Another name the prophets use many times in Old Testament is Sabaoth or Lord God of Hosts...in other words, that's Gods war name.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Just a question, but why is it so important to you that people choose to believe in a diety?

Are you threatened or is it some deep seated insecurity and this is more an attempt to convince yourself?

I am far from religious and I am definitely not a bible thumper, but I respect other's rights to believe as they choose.

They do not bother me in the least, so I find it curious when other's get all hell-bent (scuse the pun) and want to scew with their belief system. Why is that?

It's kinda like when people stop way short of the intersection and wait for the light to change. I just want to jump out of my car and ask them why do they do that? I find no rational reason for this behavior so it really trips my curious button.

One thing I have noticed, in my years upon this earh, is that, often, people feel a need to feel superior to others. Most people have some methodology for achieving this: For religious people it's simple. Those who are devoutly anti-religious are just the flip side of the coin. Other methods tend to be geared around possessions, money, sex, power...you get the idea, I am sure.

edit on 27-1-2015 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It is beyond a head shaker for me, that people lack the ability to step backwards through Creation and take a look.

Why must it be so, that GOD has a form that is so written, why must be only one, or many and one.

Why must it still even exist.

Why must our Universe or Galaxies all be created from within ONE DESIRE.

Such limitations are present here, so much so, that they present different questions for me, such as....When do we ask some real question ??

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Please don't mind me chiming in on your post, you made some interesting comments.

I don't know what a bible thumper is, but I've studied the bible in depth for 33 years and find it fascinating. I do this because I really enjoy finding things out that I could not learn otherwise.

Having said that, I am the furthest thing from religion. I've never met a religious person yet that has the slightest idea what the bible says. I don't go to a church and I'm not part of an organized religion. We don't need to be! It's better for us if we're not! Our higher self will guide us, why let someone else's higher self try and pollute you??

As far as choosing deity, not sure if you are talking about organized religion or what... But we all choose something in whatever moment we are in and that something is who we are by what we express outwardly. That's it, nothing else matters. Does that make sense in your world or no?

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LetsMotivate

"We all choose something.."

I think I understand.

My question to the OP was not regarding his Atheism...he is free to not believe, as far as I am concerned. So choice is fine...to each his own. We all do choose various and sundry belief systems even if that system is one of non-belief. One of the things I choose to believe in, for example, is Einstein's relativity. I have no personal experience proving his theories but I find them fascinating and thought provoking. I could just as easily believe they are hogwash. Having someone slamming those who believe or disbelieve they are true seems a bit odd. I can understand a debate, but just slamming with apparent hard feelings is .... curious.

It is why he, seemingly, is so threatened by those who believe in some form of religion or deity.

I apologize: This series of replies were meant for a totally different thread.... doh!

edit on 27-1-2015 by bbracken677 because: discovery! wrong thread replied to

edit on 27-1-2015 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Well I'm neither an atheist nor do I feel threatened by other people's belief. All I've done here is state my personal opinion, there is no ulterior motive behind this thread.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1I was reading your thread on Jesus earlier today and found it amazingly enlightening and now this thread as well. Your user name certainly is fitting. I am a fan of yours now.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Light is, mostly, created by stars in our universe. There is no need for a god to create light.

It's obvious that you just don't get it, because you absolutely
don't want to get it.

posted on Jan, 27 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Everything came from somewhere and thats god, call it what you want but its still god period.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Sure, let's go with that randy. Always a pleasure talking to you with your little quips.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
IMO one should have faith in God, for without it we become the animals they want us to become. However, we should remain as critical and intellectually active as atheists.

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I"m with you on this one 100%
For the rest of the Abrahamic God believers, keep on reading those humans scripts.
I Believe in your ONE GOD as much as I believe in Eywa from Avatar, both written by Human writers.
And still I believe in Eywa as a god more rofl. I'm just annoyed why people think their religion is so solid?

EDIT: Here's a link for the sake of fun for Believers to ponder a little.
www.nobeliefs.com...-back-parts-of-god
edit on 1282015 by AzuriteStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Both parties work for the same people, in this case it would be Yahweh/Jesus/Allah, but they divide their "voters" among themselves and teach derision and hate for those who are part of the "other team". They profit off of our ignorance of their work behind the scenes.

Yeah but NO
Jesus taught Christians to love their enemies, pray for and bless those who persecute you and love everyone. Jesus didnt teach separation from the world, He taught christians to be in it and love all those in it as well.

You teach derision, you are attacking peoples beliefs, what you are doing is exactly what you are telling others to stop doing.

You cant even see past your own hand.

Your message should have been, Believe what ever you want to believe, just dont hurt or hate anyone.

Jesus this Jesus that.

Here's another one of your Jesus this and that:

"I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?" (Luke 12:49)

"Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division: For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three. The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law." (Luke 12:51-53)

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LetsMotivate

Good topic you bring up, really.

What you are referring to are three names for the same God. The no name is actually "I AM". Another name the prophets use many times in Old Testament is Sabaoth or Lord God of Hosts...in other words, that's Gods war name.

Thank you.

I do respectfully disagree though. I do not think they are three different
names for the same God.

Having studied the Old testament extensively (and New testament)
all three "gods" have distinct differences in character, and only one
appears to be a loving God.

All of the nasty stuff in the O.T. including the mass murder of earth
inhabitants (both people and animals) was committed by Jehovah.

While Elohim creates Jehovah and Adoni destroy.

Jehovah and Adoni also tell the Israelites to do all kinds
of atrocities including the mass murder of innocent children,
attempted genocide, inter-breeding, and other sexual perversions.

Rebel 5

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

It is beyond a head shaker for me, that people lack the ability to step backwards through Creation and take a look.

Why must it be so, that GOD has a form that is so written, why must be only one, or many and one.

Why must it still even exist.

Why must our Universe or Galaxies all be created from within ONE DESIRE.

Such limitations are present here, so much so, that they present different questions for me, such as....When do we ask some real question ??

Excellent post, thank you.

According to Old Testament, Elohim in fact does not have
a form. Jehovah has a form, Moses described his backside on top
of Mt. Sinai (which actually means the Moon god 'sin')

In the ten commandments, it is strictly considered Idolatry to
worship God as an image of a man or beast.

Therefore, I say, respectfully, according to the Old Testament,
all persons who bow down to, or worship or venerate a man,
or the image of a man as God, is a violation of this commandment.

No disrespect to persons who worship the image of a man or beast.

I'm just writing about what it says and somewhat (I think) obvious
interpretations. I am not saying by any means the bible is all truth
nor am I saying it contains no truth.

Rebel 5

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Why?
Were you there at "the beginning"?

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You must admit I didn't just jump to that conclusion.
I mean we've been sparre'n for quite sometime.
But it's replys like that latest one that I find hmmm,
revealing I guess would be fair. You're an intelligent
person by no stretch Shot, so I can kinda tell when
you're reaching for something negative to say for
the sake of saying something negative, if you will.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join