It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop feeding into the lies people! The truth is in front of you.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It is my intuition that the god of Abraham was a demented, sociopathic entity. I wouldn't be surprised if a Cosmic version of "men in white coats' were in the prossess of nabbing him now. God? Hardly, likened to an evil kid setting ants on fire with a magnifying glass. The true POWER.... calling it "God" would be a tremendous understatement.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Is this supposed to be an example of spiritual light or something and not just an effect that your mind is producing for some reason?

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree with a lot of what you say but I still feel the need to take issue with a few things, with all due respect.

"The religious institutions of this world, and the books that come with them, are lying to you."

I think that's a bit harsh. I think that for the most part, they do the best they can with what they have, and they do it in good faith.

"My OP doesn't deny a creator, it reinforces it. The creator is within us and working through us. There can be no beginning or end in infinity, so the "creation" must exist in the now."

That sounds more like the doctrine of emanation than creation. Emanation is a rather common denominator is esoteric systems, but it clashes with the exoteric doctrine of creation ex nihlo, which is a strong dogma.

Is your philosophy dualism?

👣

edit on 898Monday000000America/ChicagoJan000000MondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueMule

The average preacher actually believes what he preaches, so in that sense it is in good faith on their part. My problem doesn't lie with those who believe, my problem is with those who instituted it. Their work was not in good faith, they skewed the truth then sold it as a lie.

Also, it seems my views cross over many different belief systems, that doesn't mean I prescribe to them though. Creation is created each moment. What happened to a few seconds ago? It has been "destroyed". What will happen in a few seconds? We don't know, that moment hasn't been "created" yet. Where the future and past meet is in the now, in the light of the ever changing now, that is where creation lies in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The average preacher actually believes what he preaches, so in that sense it is in good faith on their part. My problem doesn't lie with those who believe, my problem is with those who instituted it. Their work was not in good faith, they skewed the truth then sold it as a lie.

That's not the way religion and myth change over time.

What you're doing is sort of like saying we humans skewed the truth of being apes when we evolved from them, and sold humanity as a lie.

Also, it seems my views cross over many different belief systems, that doesn't mean I prescribe to them though. Creation is created each moment. What happened to a few seconds ago? It has been "destroyed". What will happen in a few seconds? We don't know, that moment hasn't been "created" yet. Where the future and past meet is in the now, in the light of the ever changing now, that is where creation lies in my opinion.

I think you mean the universe is emanated each moment. In the traditional sense, the creator is to us as a potter is to the pottery he creates.

👣
edit on 908MondayuAmerica/ChicagoJanuMondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

What you're doing is sort of like saying we humans skewed the truth of being apes when we evolved from them, and sold humanity as a lie.

Not at all. I'm confused as to how either idea is even connected.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

NO person can understand the ineffable. NO system can completely understand itself. NO person can perceive what a god could. NO person can rule out a god.

So, in summary anyone who 'believes' is beyond the realm of sanity. Additionally god would display his will in the mundane. Why would a god give into tantrums and displays of anger? Why would a god create a complete Universe for one species? Why would a god give a damn about something he can replicate with a wave and wish?

All folks of a religious persuasion are lacking the fundamental ability to think it through. This includes the atheists who FEEL that god is NOT when a god could just make it appear that he does not exist.

Functionally, due to weird personal experiences, I exist in a paradigm that has much that is unexplainable and I APPRECIATE IT AS SUCH.

It does not mean that I am of paramount importance. It does not mean that there is not more than can be seen, touched or expressed. It just means to me that it does not matter what I think. I don't see where any human has been ascended or has been inspired divinely. I see folks confused as to why they exist and fearful as to being inconsequential.

No offense, but compare your mass and your effect on this Universe. You ain't that smart, You ain't that critical a component. You are just here.

That's enough for me. All of my decisions, all of my efforts will disappear like the dinosaurs (even less that a ripple in comparison) and the only thing I can do is make judgements that I think will favorably affect this world. In this I have no guarantees that I am proceeding correctly just doing my best guess.

The blather of the folks who tell me THEY KNOW, is not different than the susurrations of the Quantum Foam. Just more irritating.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

The way religion and myth change over time is sort of like the way life and culture change over time. They are bloody, messy, painful, slow processes... and individuals are in the grips of it. Including the individuals in the past that you are judging.

Religion and myth is like an organism. It adapts, it changes, it consumes, it evolves. It evolved with the birth of Christ, in the middle ages, in the Renaissance, in the Enlightenment, and in modern times.

So I don't think it's wise to blame anyone in the past for anything, because you can keep going back with the blame until you come to the first cell that decided to split in two.

The perennial esoteric wisdom is never lost, never destroyed... it is under the surface of every religion no matter how the exoteric surface changes. It can even be found in our secular pop-culture for those with ears to hear.

👣

edit on 925MondayuAmerica/ChicagoJanuMondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: largo

Functionally, due to weird personal experiences, I exist in a paradigm that has much that is unexplainable and I APPRECIATE IT AS SUCH.

Same here, there is much I don't understand and I appreciate it as such.

No offense, but compare your mass and your effect on this Universe. You ain't that smart, You ain't that critical a component. You are just here.

I never claimed to be smart nor the end all be all on anything, I only expressed my opinion. Take it or leave it, I am just here as you say.

The blather of the folks who tell me THEY KNOW, is not different than the susurrations of the Quantum Foam. Just more irritating.

I didn't claim to know everything. Like I said, I only gave my opinion, take it or leave it.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The perennial esoteric wisdom is never lost, never destroyed... it is under the surface of every religion no matter how the exoteric surface changes. It can even be found in our secular pop-culture for those with ears to hear.

I totally agree. All religion has esoteric truth in it, the same truth, only with a different exoteric surface. That's a really nice way of putting it.

I'm not blaming it on any particular person, just pointing out where things have gone wrong in my opinion.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I dig it. I for one am pretty pissed at some of the Protestants of the Enlightenment period. They were so ignorant and hung up on "paganism" in the Roman Catholic Church that they pretty much created a monster to purge paganism. Well it didn't work out the way they thought it would, and the monster has turned on everything sacred, including them.

But my wiser self realizes it's a stage of evolution, and the foolish ignorant judgmental twats of the Enlightenment were in the grips of a transpersonal process. So I try to cut them some slack, because had it been me I might have done the same thing. No way to know.

👣

edit on 936Monday000000America/ChicagoJan000000MondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yes it is an evolutionary process, hopefully we can evolve a little more before we kill ourselves off. If we evolve a bit more, maybe we'll realize violence is not a solution but part of the problem.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I'll raise a glass to that. It would be fun to evolve a bit more before the curtain goes down on this universe. But even if we don't, things will be alright. We will just save our game.

👣

edit on 973MondayuAmerica/ChicagoJanuMondayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thanks OP, you hit the nail on the proverbial head.

You wrote:

"They have made you believe that God is a being that exists
outside of our experience and universe."

Bingo!

Rebel 5

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I'd compare religion to politics in this light. Republicans are (for example) Christian while Democrats are (for example) Muslim. Both parties work for the same people, in this case it would be Yahweh/Jesus/Allah, but they divide their "voters" among themselves and

Close but Jesus has nothing to do with the muslims. That is the key to the division that is created and shows us how the end will be.

God is in you and you are a part of God but you are not God but god like.
This place is not your home nor is it just a rock. Jesus is not mouhammad or allah.
We all have to accept that there is an order to such just like all the other chain of commands. While being here we are owned and do have to follow certain guidelines. One of them is respecting the chain and the being we live on.
edit on 26-1-2015 by deadeyedick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

According to the Jews Jesus is not Yahweh. So where does the schism really lie? In Jesus and who he is. He has divided us just as god divided the 12 tribes of Israel and the world at the tower of Babel. Jesus is the truth but not in any religious context, whether it be Islam, Judaism, Mormonism, or Christianity.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I do not get why you keep throwing Jesus and islam in together?

Jesus is the one in the bible dying on the cross so you could be here writing this thread.

Jesus is part of religions that follow his words and bad things happen in this world.

It is just part of life here in the duality that keeps the lights on.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: deadeyedick

Because both Jesus and Allah are connected to the Abrahamic god, that's why I keep throwing them together.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
ok
When you leave out the religion of science and dismiss how the left clings to it then these thoughts just become a tactic to further those lies and what god they secretly spiritually worship.

I am not totally disagreeing with you op but you have to see how your words i outlined paint a nice picture but it only gives power to the left by degrading religion and not understanding science is a religion of its own designed to keep us complacent in our ignorrance.

It is not so much that it is all lies but you have to deconstruct it the same as any other religion to see what they have done. I think to make it out of here it will take seeing all that affect us.

posted on Jan, 26 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Just by seeing what the two sides cling too we should be able to see the thought has some merit.

it is far more than just guilt by associoation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join