It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Future Drug Makes 8 Hours Seem Like 1000 Years!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:30 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

Why would I want their 21 year sentence to be served in less time.... If anything I'd want their 21 year sentence to be 21 years of our time, while on the drug. if it makes 8 hrs seem like 1000 years, well that would be just perfect. 21 years would become 1,095,000 to them. Maybe then they are worthy of a life after taking the life of a child, or a woman, or an innocent man. Maybe then.

# them! This drug is brilliant, but it should never shorten a prison sentence. Our current sentences are based on our life span. If you take an innocent life, you give your best years to the system. That's how it's supposed to work, if there is no your literal life for theirs, you give your best years in it's place. A drug that makes you merely perceive time as a literal eternity means nothing.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I think it's kinda funny that their first thought is using such a drug on criminals, as if that would be some form of punishment. Then again, with all that time to think they may rehabilitate themselves... or devise more devious plans for when they get out.

I'm not sure how, but 3 times now I've experienced bursts in awareness, where one of the side-effects is perceiving the world to go slower. While a bit frightening, those experiences were amazing. I had so much time to think. Everyone else seemed like a zombie to me. I got so much accomplished, even if it was all internal because the thoughts were so fast there was no way I could physically record them.

Where do I sign up for the trials?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
So you can think 1000 times faster than ever one else!!

sounds good.

could it turn you into a Flash?

I know right! That may require a bit of genetic DNA rewriting so to say, but this drug may have various effects maybe even time travel capabilities who knows . . . . .

As for being like the flash in a lucid dream sure im sure some of us have already done that.

But lucid dreaming for a thousand years in a self created world which is made in accordance with your desires would trump anything that we could ever create in the outside world.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

Why would I want their 21 year sentence to be served in less time.... If anything I'd want their 21 year sentence to be 21 years of our time, while on the drug. if it makes 8 hrs seem like 1000 years, well that would be just perfect. 21 years would become 1,095,000 to them. Maybe then they are worthy of a life after taking the life of a child, or a woman, or an innocent man. Maybe then.

# them! This drug is brilliant, but it should never shorten a prison sentence. Our current sentences are based on our life span. If you take an innocent life, you give your best years to the system. That's how it's supposed to work, if there is no your literal life for theirs, you give your best years in it's place. A drug that makes you merely perceive time as a literal eternity means nothing.

Two wrongs dont make a right and some kind of time torture is not only criminal but its evil and wrong.

Dont become a criminal by punishing criminals.

Rehabilitate them implant good thoughts and erase bad memories, use mind control, dont punish and inflict suffering because it makes us no better than a criminal ourselves . . . .

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Sorry, I'm not a criminal, or a criminal sympathizer. Get with the system, or get the # out. Torture the # out of them. They are scum.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hijinx

Sorry, I'm not a criminal, or a criminal sympathizer. Get with the system, or get the # out. Torture the # out of them. They are scum.

Torturers are scum period.

No one should be inflicting suffering on other beings because its criminal and evil.

Torture is the very definition of evil made manifest.

Find a better way which doesnt involve creating more pain and suffering in the world.
edit on 24-1-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This type of system if it's ever devised is essentially immortality for everyone without any issue of overloading the planets resources.

Think about it this way. If we could upload our consciousness to a machine and have that machine process our thoughts faster or slower we could change our perception of time. By running 1000 simulated seconds for every second in the real world we could spend a millennia thinking up new technologies, new theories, and so on while only using 1 years worth of the planets resources. It would ultimately bring about very rapid changes in civilization.

On the flip side you can change the ratio to administer punishment, you could make a person experience only 1 second worth of time for every year that passes on the outside. A person could age and deteriorate 50 years in what seems to them to be under a minute.

The moment humanity ever invents this technology is the moment we jump from being a punch of primitives to a type 3 civilization in the blink of an eye.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
This type of system if it's ever devised is essentially immortality for everyone without any issue of overloading the planets resources.

Think about it this way. If we could upload our consciousness to a machine and have that machine process our thoughts faster or slower we could change our perception of time. By running 1000 simulated seconds for every second in the real world we could spend a millennia thinking up new technologies, new theories, and so on while only using 1 years worth of the planets resources. It would ultimately bring about very rapid changes in civilization.

On the flip side you can change the ratio to administer punishment, you could make a person experience only 1 second worth of time for every year that passes on the outside. A person could age and deteriorate 50 years in what seems to them to be under a minute.

The moment humanity ever invents this technology is the moment we jump from being a punch of primitives to a type 3 civilization in the blink of an eye.

I personally dont want to see the human race decend further into barbarism and self mortification. . . .

Meaning make technology useful to all of humanity, not harmful.

This technology has the ability to do so much and all they come up with is torture for prisoners?

I think this technology would be good for not being uploaded into a computer too, just give folks the drug and let them lucid dream during thier normal nights rest.

We just need to create a way to control the lucid dreams to perfect this technology.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
One time I was suffering from back pain and accidently ate too much of an over dosed cannibis brownie (I had been warned, but I love chocolate!) and had a night in which a few hours seemed like a thousand years, and it was horrible!

But my thought upon seeing this was- what would happen to a persons psychology in that time? How would it adapt and evolve inside? I don't know; But this sounds like a bad idea.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: infinityorder

What sicko would even think that making a lifer serve millions of tears in prison is OK?

If that isn't the worst form of torture ever imagined I don't know what is.

I think the mass murderer is far less sick in the head than anyone who would even contemplate this.

People serving life are doing so because they have done something so bad, that they are given the worst we can give them, which many believe isn't enough.

There'll always be apologists tho, so perhaps you think that the families of their victims should also be made to take the drugs so that they can spend millions of years dealing with the loss..

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 03:38 AM
link   
IPeople may condemn me for this, but who knows, maybe it is not such a bad idea.

On the 1000 Yeats part maybe not so much, maybe a more "realistic" time of day 50 year sentence over 10 or 15 real years would be more humane. The drug could be administered on a semi regular basis, once every 3 months they are given a treatment that "lasts" 6 weeks. This would allow for real life rehabilitation.

Idk, just a thought.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Are you guys and gals stuck on torture?

Please keep in mind torture is illegal and if you do it you go to jail.

Can you think of any positive uses for this technology other than illegal torture?

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I would spend my entire sentence masturbating
Imagine an orgasm that lasted over a year. Thanks for my punishment guys, it's the best time i ever had

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: rebelv

One horrible scenario i can imagine is going to the Dentist and the anaesthetist accidentally administered some of this stuff, then getting a filling.

That would be like someone drilling into your teeth for an eternity! It would be like being in hell!

Then again one also has to imagine what a thousand year orgasm would feel like?
LoL

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Ummm...too cool...NOT...about the prisoner punishment angle........but...

Suppose you were to take this drug...and had that 8 hour thousand years to contemplate a subject...OR...perfect an invention or theory...
I wonder what this would do for the sciences...or medical cures...or evolution...?

I would try it...who knows...?

YouSir

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Of course they want to use seething like that to trick prisoners into feeling like they've been in jail for thousands of years...that is real torture...yet another sad reflection of the human mentality.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...too cool...NOT...about the prisoner punishment angle........but...

Suppose you were to take this drug...and had that 8 hour thousand years to contemplate a subject...OR...perfect an invention or theory...
I wonder what this would do for the sciences...or medical cures...or evolution...?

I would try it...who knows...?

YouSir

Overall, I don't think this medicine is practical at all. You could sure 'contemplate' a theory for a thousand years, but unless the scientist can do all the math in their head, it would be useless. They cannot record their findings, or do any sort of complicated math.

And upon further contemplation, It does seem this would not be the best thing to use. The only way I would say this be used is as punitive action. Instead of throwing a prisoner in the hole they earn themselves this treatment, and it lasts say for a month at a time. Don't know how much of a deterrent this would be, but whatever.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The Milgram Experiment is always a good reference point. It answers the question of who is evil: just look in the mirror and you will see who is evil.
Our specialty is tribal warfare, that's what we do best, and that ain't so great.
We break everything we touch, and we take our best ideas and turn them into crap. And we're only getting better at our activities.
It took only a few morally outraged posters until someone gave a big yes to the idea presented. This person is not any more wicked than those who were outraged, not according to the Milgram results. Degrees of difference, yes, but we're all evil.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Humans ... should be clear as to why intelligent extraterrestrial life forms steer clear of us. We are not worth the trouble.

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
We already have a drug that makes eight hours seem like a thousand..it's called Employment.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join