It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Future Drug Makes 8 Hours Seem Like 1000 Years!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

And our society's demand for psychotic revenge in lieu of justice continues. Bizarre how deep some people will go in their desire to enjoy the suffering of others.
edit on 23-1-2015 by TheTengriist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:05 AM
link   
dupe post
edit on 23-1-2015 by TheTengriist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It worries me when people have more concern for criminals than victims.

If someone close to me was murdered in cold blood I would want them to pay. I put myself in the shoes of the victims or the victims close ones. The ones who truly suffer for no just reason. Once I do that my concern for the one who caused the suffering all but disappears.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: infinityorder

Maybe it is more like making seem like they have served a thousand years in a short time which means they might get a second chance in life by serving less real time and can then become a produ active member of society there by making the elite even richer...because a wasted life loses them money.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTengriist

I hope this is just at the starting point of her experimentation and not the end product. Surely someone who thinks they have been imprisoned for 1000 years or, in this day of racing technology 30 years would be so out of touch and disorientated they would need a lot of costly therapy to adjust to their new circumstances.

Prison and punishment is an area that is need of complete overhaul and drastic funding to change the current failing system into a success because in the UK (I don't know about the USA or elsewhere), cameron and his predesessors decided that punishment involved shame and the person leaving jail became virtually unemployable. The concept of once you had served your jail sentence you have amended for your crime went out the window so in a way, we don't just punish crime we persecute afterwards, even for petty crimes.

So we are stuck with someone who may want to alter their behaviour, if they were guilty in the first place that is, but they have no real hope of doing this because in every way their past gets exploited. If they have had charges brought against them even things like car insurance, household insurance will rip them off with higher premiums. To reform a criminal and get them back into society simply isn't being made possible for most people so they re-offend because they have to survive. Its fine for men like cameron with the old silver spoon, because he has never had his back against the wall like so many many others from the public today.

Unless the problems of leaving jail aren't sorted out first, I doubt it matters how long someone serves in their mind or otherwise, because they won't get a fair chance to redeem themselves.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

I hope this is just at the starting point of her experimentation and not the end product.

They are not doing experiments the technology doesn't currently exist.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Alright. Here's a scalpel. Carve away as much flesh as you think needs to be done. Have the other survivors hold the man down. don't drug him or sedate him, just carve away. Start with the genitals, it gets the best screaming, I've heard. Feed him bits of himself. Just make sure you leave the eyesfor last so he can see what you're doing to him.

Are you feeling better?

No? well, maybe simply curting away bits and pieces is too simplistic. have you ever electrocuted anyone, Grimpachi? A particular favorite of the Syrian intelligence services was to tie a prisoner to the spring coil s of a mattress, hook it up to a battery, and let 'er rip. Baathist torturers preferred to beat and burn the soles of their prisoner's feat. And of course, if the murderer is a woman, you should rape her as often as you can, just as SAVAK liked to do.

Are you satisfied yet?

Maybe not enough people are suffering. While we're on SAVAK, let's take anotherp age from them - let's bring in the murderer's relatives and force them to watch what you're doing. Mothers, fathers, spouses, children, put 'em in a adjacent room and force them to watch you slice away skin, electrocute, beat, and rape the person who wronged you. or we could do like the IDF and simply beat them, demolish their homes, throw them out on the street, and bar them from movement for the crime of being related.

Is your sense of justice satisfied yet?

Has any of this helped you, as a victim? Have you progressed at all? Is society better now that you and so many others are torturing, beating, raping, and destroying those who wronged you?

What a great place that sounds like.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist

And our society's demand for psychotic revenge in lieu of justice continues. Bizarre how deep some people will go in their desire to enjoy the suffering of others.

It is disgusting isnt it?

How messed up are people?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Just think of the possibilities of lucid dreaming for non prisoners!

Like programable dreams via a kind of virtual reality dream manipulation.

The possibilities of living a 1000 years in a world created by yourself every time you slept at night.

We would be like gods in our dreams. . . .

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I have to say you have a pretty sick mind far sicker than mine.

I am just wondering was that supposed to make me feel for the criminal?

It doesn't because you are using logical fallacies a combination of strawman and slippery slope and when people use logical fallacies I tend to tune them out because their arguments are invalid from the getgo.

If you would like to discuss the article and the implications of what they are proposing that would be refreshing because so far you arn't.

(post by infinityorder removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Nothing. Not onevthing. Not Hitler Stalin or Mao deserve anything close to this.

We disagree on that.

BTW you seem to be having a hard time staying within the rules of T&C.

I understand you are very emotional, but that isn't an excuse for flinging insults.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I wrote a short stoey about this. Basically a nation has a huge computer where they upload the great minds and people near death and they live in a peaceful matrix. Then it starts going to hell and they dont know why its just a world of mind bensing horror and it turns out some sadistic bastard has led an army and overthrown the real world ans changed the program essentially making thwir world hell and they have no power to control it.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheTengriist
a reply to: Grimpachi

Alright. Here's a scalpel. Carve away as much flesh as you think needs to be done. Have the other survivors hold the man down. don't drug him or sedate him, just carve away. Start with the genitals, it gets the best screaming, I've heard. Feed him bits of himself. Just make sure you leave the eyesfor last so he can see what you're doing to him.

Are you feeling better?

No? well, maybe simply curting away bits and pieces is too simplistic. have you ever electrocuted anyone, Grimpachi? A particular favorite of the Syrian intelligence services was to tie a prisoner to the spring coil s of a mattress, hook it up to a battery, and let 'er rip. Baathist torturers preferred to beat and burn the soles of their prisoner's feat. And of course, if the murderer is a woman, you should rape her as often as you can, just as SAVAK liked to do.

Are you satisfied yet?

Maybe not enough people are suffering. While we're on SAVAK, let's take anotherp age from them - let's bring in the murderer's relatives and force them to watch what you're doing. Mothers, fathers, spouses, children, put 'em in a adjacent room and force them to watch you slice away skin, electrocute, beat, and rape the person who wronged you. or we could do like the IDF and simply beat them, demolish their homes, throw them out on the street, and bar them from movement for the crime of being related.

Is your sense of justice satisfied yet?

Has any of this helped you, as a victim? Have you progressed at all? Is society better now that you and so many others are torturing, beating, raping, and destroying those who wronged you?

What a great place that sounds like.

Exactly!!!!

Why is death not enough?

Why must they suffer thousands or even millions of years of torture for at best days or months or a few years of torture?

This is just sick.

I lost battle buddies in Iraq and afghanistan...their attackers also died...debt paid.

I see their broken families..fatherless and motherless children...

I see their suffering.

Making the perpetrators suffer for thousands or millions of years....it won't bring them back....it won't make their families feel better.....

It is just sicko suffering to enjoy? Suffering....wtf kind of monster enjoys watching suffering?

From personal experience...my worst foe should die clean...suffering will not help but haunt you.

It is a fallacy of logic I think.

Some don't understand true pain...if they ever actually felt it...a 2 day death from a gut shot would be more than enough for any transgression.

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Remove for out of context misunderstanding... My apologizes grim....I apologize!!!

Be well brother, we care...we want to talk to you, we will listen.

I feel your pain bro.

edit on 23-1-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Imagine the possibility for learning? If we could combine this new drug with some form of audio visual learning aid like the virtual reality Oculus Rift device about to become mainstream we could impart just about all the collective knowledge of humanity to a user in a few hours time.

Provided of course our brains retain the knowledge and has the capacity store the information.

edit on 23-1-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Why is death not enough?

Yeah that has worked out great for deterring murders so far hasn't it.

A truly just punishment would be for the perpetrator to feel the same pain, sorrow, and angst they have caused others.

This vet would love to get ahold of those who planted the IED that took my friends lives ended my career and have caused me continuous pain and suffering.

28 reconstructive surgeries and counting with no end in site. Somehow a quick death for them doesn't seem just at all.

Don't quote t&c to me

Fine then I thought I would afford you a courtesy but if you are going to be like that.
edit on 23-1-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

Why is death not enough?

Yeah that has worked out great for deterring murders so far hasn't it.

A truly just punishment would be for the perpetrator to feel the same pain, sorrow, and angst they have caused others.

This vet would love to get ahold of those who planted the IED that took my friends lives ended my career and have caused me continuous pain and suffering.

28 reconstructive surgeries and counting with no end in site. Somehow a quick death for them doesn't seem just at all.

Don't quote t&c to me

Fine then I thought I would afford you a courtesy but if you are going to be like that.

You can't expect the past to decide the future.

Just because you do something last century doesn't mean this one will learn or understand.

Our lives are so short and " me" driven.....

Battle buddy...I apologize right now...I will amend my last post...was writing before I read this.....be right back.

Grim brother... I know your pain, I am so sorry!!!

I did not know brother!!

My lord, if I can do anything for you let me know!!

The world isn't all pain brother, don't give in to the dark side.

You already know it won't help the pain.

It will never go away.

Suck it up....that is the only way.

Civies will never understand. Your battle buddies will never judge you.

Life sucks bro, but it does go on....just go on with it man.

PM me if you want to talk, I will never rush to judgement again....that is my bad brother, I didn't know.

edit on 23-1-2015 by infinityorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Surely unloading a shotgun into their heads, loaded with solid slugs, would be a better, cheaper, and more instantaneously effective measure?

posted on Jan, 23 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

I have to say you have a pretty sick mind far sicker than mine.

These are just cited examples of what other people have done when they want someone else to suffer. You say you want someone who has wronged you to "pay," well, there's some real-world examples of what you can do. What your preferred world would be like, where revenge and suffering motivates the legal system rather than justice and law.

I am just wondering was that supposed to make me feel for the criminal?

I don't expect empathy to be a trait of people I talk to on the internet. even if they actually possess it, everyone likes to be a stony John Wayne badass through a keyboard, and so the expectation is wasted.

No. You said you wanted someone who wronged you to "pay." I simply provided you with a shopping list of how other people with the same desire have achieved that desire. I asked if that would satisfy you, and I'm honestly curious about what your answer would be.

It doesn't because you are using logical fallacies a combination of strawman and slippery slope and when people use logical fallacies I tend to tune them out because their arguments are invalid from the getgo.

Well then you're quite a hypocrite, because you started out with a huge logical fallacy with this line:
"It worries me when people have more concern for criminals than victims. "

Not wishing cruelty and suffering upon a criminal does not by any means indicate a lack of concern for their victims. They are in fact, unrelated issues. Do you think that, for a real-world, this-stuff-happens-here example, that a murderer being raped in prison helps out the victims' family in any way? That a thief getting stabbed in the neck by his cellmate has somehow brought benefit to the person he robbed?

of course not. Your presumption is itself a straw man and wholly invalid.

If you would like to discuss the article and the implications of what they are proposing that would be refreshing because so far you arn't.

I already expressed my opinion on the article itself. That resolved, i saw your post and was frankly rather disgusted.

I hope to hear back as to whether the methods I illuminated would make you feel better, if you were a victim as you described. How much pain and suffering and anguish would it take to quell your want for revenge?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join