It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Penny Opera... Pennies from Heaven... or WTH is with appearing pennies?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I use to habitually read the death notices when I still bought the paper, so its why it sprang to mind. Totally possible the call is unrelated to the pennies.

Kind of makes me want a friendly ghost to give me money, but I wouldnt notice coins on the floor next to my bed because thats where I throw change if there is any in my pockets before I go to sleep :/

...yep, just checked and $4 in change
. I know I put it there tho.

posted on Dec, 31 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Thank you for this, it was beautiful.

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The other day I was feeling cranky and wondered why only worthless crap like pebbels materialize hhahaha. But you seem to have it pegged. If that's the expression

posted on Jan, 2 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

Unfortunately, "pegged" has taken on another meaning in pop vernacular... and I don't recommend googling it... unless you're free-wheeling and not easily offended by human sexual behavior.

But you are right... I've actually been pelted by pebbles before ...and once at a local park (Ft Lowell) that I learned was famous for a stone throwing ghost of a Cavalry Trooper who was executed for a crime he likely did not commit.

I saw nothing throwing the pebbles... they just arced to me, appearing from nothing... but the reports said he went from a solid, real-looking apparition to black and white and then to translucent over a century or so... which is interesting in itself.

He started out so real looking that a posse was sent to apprehend him since he was pelting officers at the fort... but they gave up when he kept disappearing in front of the pursuers.

Why primarily rocks and pennies? I'd like to know the answer!

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
My younger brother Danny passed away a few years ago after a two year battle with Cancer. I've always associated Danny saying 'hello' to me from the other side whenever I come across a stray coin on the ground that someone had dropped or how ever it got there. It happens to me, like everyone else, once a week or so, all the time, right? I can't remember how it got started but... Anyway, I'll just tell you about the experience his daughter and I had.
Danny's daughter, Deborah and I were talking while sitting next to each other at a table at Tom's Farms picnic area near Corona, CA at a family party. We were at the far south end near the parking lot. We were alone at the time as the other family members were off running around the park. Deb was a little sad that day, missing her Mom and Dad. I should mention here that Cancer had also taken Deborah's Mom a year before Danny. Both of her parents gone within a year at the age of 20. Having to see all the other Moms and Dads with their kids at the park, I could easily see why it would be painful. Deb and I helped each other thru those tough times. It felt like they would never end. Whether it was sharing stories, advice, books, or just time. It was tough. I hope I helped her as much as she helped me.
As we're sitting side by side at this picnic table I started to tell her about this 'coin finding / Danny saying hello' link that I have. I thought if I could get her to think the same way the next time she came across a stray coin, it would give her a connection to her Dad that she needed. Like it does for me. As I'm explaining that anytime she finds a coin, associate it with her Dad saying 'hello'... a penny drops straight down in between us from the sky, as we're looking at each other. There were no trees, no people near us. Nowhere for that penny to come from. We were in total shock. It was and still is just amazing because it wasn't going fast like it fell a long way. It just gently passed our eyes and it landed on the bench between us. I could actually tell it was a penny as it was falling. Deborah, still looking at me, said "How did you do that?" I simply replied, "Deb, you were looking right at me. I didn't move. And my hands were right here on the bench". We were, and still are, so amazed and have no logical explanation for that coin's appearance other than it materialized so Danny could say 'hello'. Five years later Deborah still carries that penny with her everywhere. An amazing day.
Since then I've been trying to figure out how to have him send bigger denominations, hahaha. With my luck, someday I'll be outside and a Gold bar is gonna konk me on the head.

posted on Jan, 3 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: mrscary3721
My younger brother Danny passed away a few years ago after a two year battle with Cancer. I've always associated Danny saying 'hello' to me from the other side whenever I come across a stray coin on the ground that someone had dropped or how ever it got there. It happens to me, like everyone else, once a week or so, all the time, right? I can't remember how it got started but... Anyway, I'll just tell you about the experience his daughter and I had.
Danny's daughter, Deborah and I were talking while sitting next to each other at a table at Tom's Farms picnic area near Corona, CA at a family party. We were at the far south end near the parking lot. We were alone at the time as the other family members were off running around the park. Deb was a little sad that day, missing her Mom and Dad. I should mention here that Cancer had also taken Deborah's Mom a year before Danny. Both of her parents gone within a year at the age of 20. Having to see all the other Moms and Dads with their kids at the park, I could easily see why it would be painful. Deb and I helped each other thru those tough times. It felt like they would never end. Whether it was sharing stories, advice, books, or just time. It was tough. I hope I helped her as much as she helped me.
As we're sitting side by side at this picnic table I started to tell her about this 'coin finding / Danny saying hello' link that I have. I thought if I could get her to think the same way the next time she came across a stray coin, it would give her a connection to her Dad that she needed. Like it does for me. As I'm explaining that anytime she finds a coin, associate it with her Dad saying 'hello'... a penny drops straight down in between us from the sky, as we're looking at each other. There were no trees, no people near us. Nowhere for that penny to come from. We were in total shock. It was and still is just amazing because it wasn't going fast like it fell a long way. It just gently passed our eyes and it landed on the bench between us. I could actually tell it was a penny as it was falling. Deborah, still looking at me, said "How did you do that?" I simply replied, "Deb, you were looking right at me. I didn't move. And my hands were right here on the bench". We were, and still are, so amazed and have no logical explanation for that coin's appearance other than it materialized so Danny could say 'hello'. Five years later Deborah still carries that penny with her everywhere. An amazing day.
Since then I've been trying to figure out how to have him send bigger denominations, hahaha. With my luck, someday I'll be outside and a Gold bar is gonna konk me on the head.

WONDERFUL story. Thanks for sharing it.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Hahahaha right along "tapped"? Never mind, but for some reason that expression came to my mind.
So how are the pennies doing? Still accumulating? Hope no death has occured!

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Hhahahahahahahaha, just looked it up, and it's a notch beyond tapping. Sorry just had to mention it. Did not know!!

But back to the pennies, most accounts are about pebbles or salt. Which is something I can live without. But money, really..... I also don't see the link with death other than the Greek and Romans putting money on the eyelids t o pay for the fare over the Styx.

edit on 9-1-2015 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

My X bf was visiting, we were sitting on the floor in the den. There was a large cream colored throw pillow, propped against the wall nearby. A wolf spider walked out onto the pillow, clearly visible against the cream, and marched off the pillow across the carpet and attempted to bite my bf. He met an untimely death. Not weird huh? Over the next 30 min. three more spiders, same kind, same size, followed the exact same path and tried to bite my bf. All were killed, but that was one of the strangest things I have witnessed.

Your penny deal would freak me out majorly.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamschist

Sorry, what? Pennies freak you but scary 8 legged monsters don't? Are these wolf spiders dangerous? Brrrrr

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Not like a black widow dangerous, but yes they can leave a sore, and they did. I was amazed more than freaked out. Someone or something had it in for my bf. Pennies appearing in the same spot out of thin air? Way more freaky. imho

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Man, I would jump in the air! Nice extra moolah

As to your bf, really someone you think had hexed her??

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

sorry in this case bf stands for boy friend. Lets just say I think he was not welcome there. Dunno who or what but that was a definite message. 4 spiders died delivering it. Makes it matter I think. He ended up crushing me like he did the spiders, so maybe I should have listened.
edit on 9-1-2015 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Ok boyfriend, and he crushed you? Ouch! Sorry.

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

THAT IS WEIRD... and a sign he was a dud, imo.

In one of my three "haunted" rentals, I had 20 to 30 huge, Amazon jungle looking soldier ants, that were completely foreign to the American Southwest where I live, appear in my friggan toilet... all linked and scrabbling, frantically trying to make a bridge and stay out of the water.

No ants anywhere else... none on the ceiling... and how they'd climb the porcelain anyway is beyond me...none ever appeared before or after... but the sleazy landlord had just died and something invisible also pinched my gf's butt the same day... and no, not an errant ant biting her. I flushed them, btw.

But wolf-spiders... ew... oh, I know someone who put on their shoe that had a tarantula sleeping in the toe... trauma for life.

edit on 1/9/2015 by Baddogma because: add ant count

posted on Jan, 9 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Heh... yeah, a little R rated... and scary for us boys... er many of us, that is.

And nope, nothing unusual coin wise lately... although the venetian blinds in my living room were hit by something... heard a big crash and looked behind me and the blinds were swinging violently... no open window or door ... no animal... nothing near it... nothing fell... so stuff like that is fairly common around this place... every few months...and the blinds happened ...er... two weeks after the pennies(which now reside in a stack on my desk). So more weirdness than usual.

So.... ?

edit on 1/9/2015 by Baddogma because: fixed window glitch

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I'm going to try an experiment, I am going to try ask whatever/whomever it was that gave you the pennies and see if they will take this Australian 5c coin (minted 1987) from my table and place it where the pennies were placed.

The control 5c coin that will be next to it is minted 1999 (or 1989? its hard to read).

I have chosen the 5c as it is the smallest denomination and therefore the smallest and lightest coin in legal tender.

Let me know if it arrives. Or alternately have a laugh at my insanity

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

If you think YOU'RE crazy, I actually slept elsewhere last night...got home, checked ATS, saw this and went back to the bedroom to check if a strange coin had arrived... heh... after glancing at my stack of pennies on my desk.

What a thread IF it had made it! Unfortunately... nada... but thanks for trying! I appreciate the spirit... and who knows, maybe later.

And STILL no deaths that I know about ... although I have to say something seems more active around here... I have gotten the distinct feeling of not being alone and yesterday, thought my hair had been "flipped"... and to clarify, I was alone.

Might be brain misfire due to thinking about ghosties too much, of course... but I don't think so. Some more details...

This house is 110 years old and I have seen an odd, black caped figure (others saw it, too... not just me) walk around the corner of the house and vanish... heard boots clomping through the apt next door when it was vacant... twice (and made sure no homeless person had broken in- locks, windows intact... 3 in the a.m. and searched whole thing... nobody)... so some ghost isn't out of the question... but if so, they are usually much more considerate than other ghosts I've cohabited with and make themselves known very infrequently.

That rather sinister episode where something seemed to be working to get rid of a roommate was an exception... that series of events was undeniable and seemingly planned to weaken a friendship... with private belongings missing and rearranged... and loud noises, strange smells, and a feeling of presence with accompanying dimming of the lights and general "brown out.' As mentioned, the roommate was an academic and determined materialist and those series of events changed his stance on the paranormal... so there is a precedent.

But still... it's not a hot bed of the paranormal like other residences I've had... and before those rentals, all my homes had been paranormal incident free.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Ok I also do remote sensing, and I saw a woman in a long crimson dress. Have to say around Georgian period, because she also has that pompadour hair. Ring any bells?

EDIT: brown hair and eyes, not too dark and about 25/30 years old. She is walking in a room with a window in the background. Dark pointed shoes.

edit on 10-1-2015 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
I'm going to try an experiment, I am going to try ask whatever/whomever it was that gave you the pennies and see if they will take this Australian 5c coin (minted 1987) from my table and place it where the pennies were placed.

The control 5c coin that will be next to it is minted 1999 (or 1989? its hard to read).

I have chosen the 5c as it is the smallest denomination and therefore the smallest and lightest coin in legal tender.

Let me know if it arrives. Or alternately have a laugh at my insanity

Wait! Send me some

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join