It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Penny Opera... Pennies from Heaven... or WTH is with appearing pennies?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: QueenofWeird

No, doesn't ring any obvious bells... though I've known quite a few brown haired, brown eyed women... but I don't know much about the history of the house, so a previous resident you glimpsed isn't out of the question. Before it was divided up into a triplex, this house was fairly grand.

I've also been told I have some female identifying spirits watching over things, so maybe that, too... dunno.

This house is in the old area of Tucson, AZ... settled for almost 200 years by Europeans, so there's a whole lot of history and dead people hanging around this city.... so who knows? You may be spot on... hard to tell.

The only time I've seen something odd in this house other than "maybe-shadows" and little blurs flitting down a hall, was a 3-d looking, solid, black humanoid silhouette that popped it's head/shoulders out of a wall for a moment... I was looking right at it and still can't quite believe what I saw... despite knowing ghosts exist! That was several years ago, though.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

This woman is circa 1900 (Georgian period is 1901-1910). I would love to know who lived in your building, if indeed it dates from at least 1900. I read a bit fast, is the building also 200 years old?

And that humanoid.....hahahahaha FREAKY!
edit on 10-1-2015 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

EDIT: I meant Edwardian! Interesting how Georgian was what I wrote.
edit on 10-1-2015 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

The house itself is ...er at least 104 years old... possibly 112... old craftsman style... and was very big for this area at that time. It's not in the oldest part of town, but nearly... between the old Spanish Presidio Fort that is now Downtown and the University.

Edwardian makes far more sense! And I'll say I've had the impression it was a "she" as well... something about the occasional hair-flick and remembering dream conversations... if that makes sense.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I don't follow? The humanoid flicked its hair??

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Sorry... I get my hair flicked, here... in this house... every so often. Hard to attribute to paranormal source, but it sure seems like it.

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I once got my shoulder tapped! (no pun intended
)

posted on Jan, 10 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Heh, the double meaning for "tapped shoulder" brought a curious... rather funny/ dirty picture to mind... of a clumsy, inexperienced sexual encounter where the man needs an anatomy lesson... so thanks!

posted on Jan, 11 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I'll try... I mean its not like I might accidentally explode the universe or something...

The 5c are 2007 and 2005, I'll place them on my table near Baddogma's.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Hahahah, but no really somebody tapped on my left shoulder. Unmistakenly.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Yes, Queen, I got it and believe you! I've had pebbles thrown at me (as related above) where the originating point of the pebble's arc was at chest level from five feet away and believe me... nothing at all was visible there as the thrower.

My GF of many years, who I still know and trust, has been pinched.. .hard... on her backside, when she was "alone."

And recently, in this very house, my hair has been "flicked" or "flipped" ...playfully.

So... yeah... invisible people.. .spirits.. .plasma life forms... whatever the terms... seem to really, really exist.

And if the mainstream of our Western society ever decides to believe the millions of us who've experienced this, then some new vistas of knowledge will open... I have a feeling that scientific method will help figure it all out. And then some belief systems termed "primitive" will be vindicated... if only partially.

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I am still intrigued by the vision of the scarlet woman. I see her so clearly I could draw here if I had that talent. Se is more 25-ish than 30. She must have lived in your place. It would be awesome if through the archives you could find the names of the people who lived there.

My idea is that she was a young piano teacher, with a younger brother and a harsh father. No mother that I can discern. She taught children at home.

edit on 15-1-2015 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

That is specific and interesting. And ... since the "haunting" is usually mellow, usually unobtrusive and very, very sporadic, a well mannered Edwardian piano teacher isn't out of the question... .though the poor dear might be appalled at my actions on occasion.

Perhaps... if I have the will and time, a visit to the historical society and/or city records would provide a likely candidate.

Then, if I find pics of the female family members, I could post some with other pics and have you chose the one more closely resembling your impressions... if they match the woman who lived (well, maybe IS living) at my address, then presto.. .validation!

If such a scenario ever developed... I'll tell you. At this point, I don't know if it's my own mind, secret space men, aliens, ghosts of whomever, demons, invisible mutant children or a non intelligent hiccup in time space!

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Yes please investigate!

DAMN, I think I found something: www.flickr.com...

She resembles my crimson woman even though in my vision she is younger. In the comments she is mentioned to have been photographed with a piano and there is a name! I am now investigating.

edit on 16-1-2015 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 16 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Ethel Martha Stapleton or Ethel Hook. I don't find a link to Tucson.

Do you own antiques? Vintage stuff?

posted on Jan, 19 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I have a few antiques, but that's to be expected as I'm an antique at this point (25 years is it?)... but I think the oldest item is the house itself... but there are boxes stacked with doo-dads from various dead friends and family members... hard to pin down.

And as far as the names, it may help in looking at the owners of this residence... but remember, there have been a whole lot of folks around! If you can pull such specific info up, then kudos on being a very precise psychic!

Either way, thank you!

posted on Jan, 24 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Hahah silly I googled edwardian woman piano and found that Flickr pic. She´s British that´s why I asked about the antiques as I don´t think she lived in Tucson

But the really looks like my crimson woman.

Ok, others found that this Ethel Martha Stapleton, married a John Hook in 1905. She was born in 1881, 4 September. Died in Kent in 1971, somehwre during April, May or June

The pic is part of a Flickr album about the Hook family, so as far as I can tell no pics of Ethel's own relatives.

It's a long shot, but maybe this woman is the woman I saw. And maybe she is an ancestor of yours. I will try to find her family tree.

edit on 24-1-2015 by QueenofWeird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Just my input here...my mother would find pennies in random places where she knew they weren't before, on top of the faucet in the bathroom, in her shoes, diff places like that and she was positive they came from her father who died over 20 some years ago. Idk how she thought it was him but she was for sure it was.

posted on Mar, 22 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jennah88

Oh, didn't see this for awhile.. .apologies. Interesting and very hard to rationalize.

Reminds me of the fist time this happened to me... the Uncle who was into coins and had showed me old wreathed pennies... when he died (before I heard he had) I'd find shiny wreath pennies in my path a few times a day for a few days... and just "felt" it was him.

Hard to explain this stuff, sometimes, and it seems so silly... but the more you learn, the less silly it seems. I'm not one for harps and hallows, and used to be sure dieing was just non consciousness... now I'm still unsure of everything, but just winking out seems the least likely... unless one wants that, I suppose.

I also had a friend who overdosed ...and for weeks after, all his friends had light bulbs explode around them... tried talking to him, saying "if you're caught in between and we can't see you, just know you died and there might be someplace to go and someone to help you get there.. .ask for help with your mind."

No more exploding bulbs after that.. .even though we all felt silly. That worked in another haunted rental I had, too... quieted it down, anyway.

If there is existence outside of our bodies, it would certainly be scary to be caught in this world where nobody could see you... but I have no idea about the details. I doubt anyone else has THE correct answer, either... maybe it's subjective and individual, and maybe even set up to not have answers.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 07:06 PM
link   
As an add on to this old thread, I wanted to say that the three pennies appearing in the exact spot I place my foot in the morning, and then another appearing later, when I was gone, but off by a couple inches from the first spot, indicates, to me, that something was looking out from my perspective, using my eyes, or mind, to place the coins.. . and wasn't as exact with the placement for the fourth penny when I wasn't there to use as a guide, anymore... maybe.

The coins still reside on my desk a year later and are mostly dull, now, rather than mint and shiny.. though '97 is pretty bright. Still unresolved.

posted on Jan, 17 2021 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Dutifully reporting on this ancient thread that as I strode through my living room, something hit my head, lightly, and then I heard something small and solid hit the floor behind me.

There was a penny.

It didn't come from me, no coins within 20 feet, nor furniture I could have brushed within two feet of either side of me.

Dunno, maybe something will happen of import? A random "howdy?"

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join