It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Penny Opera... Pennies from Heaven... or WTH is with appearing pennies?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

I find that you describe these pennies as "bight, shiny" very interesting, since you say they were minted in the 1990s and 1980s.

Even an uncirculated penny, exposed to air, will tarnish rather quickly.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Oh and first thing... a penny free morning. No materializing coins or screaming crazies.

And yup, RR... but as to how it made me feel, my first association was with Billie Holiday's version of Pennies from Heaven... my Mother's nickname was Billie, so there's that association, but other dead family and friends have been mixed up in the penny game before... and that "DIE, DIE, DIE!" was seriously creepy... so dunno... but family does seem to be a mix of warm and fuzzy with total crazy, so perhaps it was a perfect 'Happy impending Birthday' from the other realm... my Dad and I have b-days next week... and he's gone (or transitioned...) but that's stretching.

It could be some brain hiccup of mine... it's difficult to sort out this stuff as spiritual or psi based (as in our own brains manipulating a malleable reality), but my gut feeling is a "hi" from the oodles of now dead loved ones. I'll go with that.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceRupertsDog

Yeah, the shiniest one looks newly minted, the 1997. The 1996 one is more normal looking with the expected tarnish, but still brighter than the average penny.

Something in the apport process that removes tarnish? A spiritual vault were they're kept in pristine condition? Heh...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Yeah, Sled... you have "their" attention, too, apparently... good story posted and your own, too. I've had stuff pop in, too, but that was when I lived in a very disturbed house where the uncommon ...er...wasn't.

Luckily for whatever of my sanity that remains, the interactions with me have slowed down recently. I used to think they were solely based on an ex of mine (witch! witch!), but they have continued after her departure... so, for whatever reason, I can't point at anyone else.

I really, really would like to know the causes, whys and wherefores of this sort of thing... the standard spiritualist explanations might well be true, but it still leaves much speculation and the determination that we know so little that it's laughable.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
spooky stuff. i experience a similar phenomena, except that my pennies disappear. and my pounds.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Anyway they'd have to be very little eyes for the size of what you call pennies or our modern versions, so maybe the spirits of dead gerbils. I once had an enquiry into a little pot bellied Demon figurine that magically appeared under my bed, it was made of bronze and had little horns and stuff but was sort of cute, looked old, but i never figured out how it got there and i buried it in the roots of a tree far out in the local woods being of a superstitious disposition, couldn't keep it or bin it, so maybe the woods are now haunted by Babylonian Demons but at least my house isn't...

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kantzveldtthe spirits of dead gerbils.

'and they're out for revenge!' i'm feeling a B movie coming on.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

Okay... that's rather unsettling. Compared to a few pennies, a pot bellied demon wins!

Ummm... you have any witchy, jealous "frienemies?" Being a student of the esoteric, you know what something "under the bed" means.

I would have sent it to another hemisphere by mail, myself... or I'd be watching those woods, expecting something to come shambling out one dark night.

Creepy.

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yes that's what i mean i interrogated everyone but it was unlikely anyone would have had such a thing, it was really odd and i've never seen anything like it, sort of like a little alien come Demon holding it's pot belly. But there were other bronze idols coming to me at the time, someone picked up a box containing someones collection at a car boot sale and sold them to me for a few pounds and there were all sorts of Late Period Egyptian weirdness such as a serpent headed Goddess holding a chalice with adder around her wrist, bull headed God holding club, and the effect of them all was something like in a B movie, so i already had a sense they were finding me!

I got rid of them all by various means but it's the one that just chose to appear makes me relate to your story, in some ways i wish i'd kept it and not been so paranoid, the only thing i've seen that comes close is Dogu figures of this variety;

Dogu

edit on Kpm1231344vAmerica/ChicagoThursday1131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   

In my few (maybe) brushes with magik, or witchcraft, that odd... or quasi-paranormal grouping, or trend... is how it seems to work.

A 'strange attractor' is set up and the universe complies for a time, if you get me... it's queer but just barely explainable as a series of coincidences.

And then there are the times where the normal rules of physics are tossed out the door (in case the window glitch remains on this site) and something just appears... even weirder are when things appear that aren't supposed to exist at all... but that's even rarer, thankfully.

Perhaps you were a high priestess in a previous stage performance... or life, as some call it... and someone was attempting to inform you of it? Or you said the wrong thing to the friend of an ancient demon... ??

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

It's more like threads converging rather than coincidence, strange forces of destiny at play, and one does become aware how everything is inter-related, as far as the idols went they appeared as a catalyst of sorts and thus when the very atmosphere becomes charged with darkness and intrigue so palpable you could cut it with a knife it seems like a good idea to get rid of the artifacts and clear the ether as it were.

But i think that's just a case of needing to reassert control for sanity's sake and what's done is done, but the archetypes they presented stay with you and one can contextualize them within the greater picture, so understood and assimilated and formative chaos past.

As far as the little alien Demon went my intuitive concern was that it was the calling card of the little alien Demons themselves, and the next thing you know they'd have been appearing in person, a friend at the time had reported seeing them moving around in her living room during the day whilst she sat paralyzed, little alien come goblin figures, i wasn't ready for that!

edit on Kpm1231344vAmerica/ChicagoThursday1131 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That atmosphere you speak of... whether dark or, better, joyous, exists.

I used to laugh at the silly 'new agers' and their constant, imprecise talk of "energy"... and then I felt something in the atmosphere, in a wildly 'disturbed' house, that I'd never felt... different from the pre-storm charge... something peculiar to life, I guess, without an accompanying body to contain it... and I had to admit somethings I'd rather not... being a bit of a science nerd... so I hear ya.

I have also felt that impending ...something... but different, like impending emergence. I am glad you cleared the atmosphere of the little buggers, as by all accounts, they are frightening and, at best, playfully mean.... but then again, you might've missed out on quite the experience... but experiences such as that are better left when one has company.

One such feeling for me came in an old mountain valley, and strangely, others there spoke about it independently... later, when alone, it built so I was sure something huge but invisible was breathing down my neck. But conversely, we all had images of little people in our minds, as we found out later when it was discussed.

And I'm starting to imagine you in a massive, gothic residence in the liminal area between woods and moors... with dark idols buried in the tangled roots of oak trees planted with corpses... heh.

edit on 12/11/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   

But there might lie the answer to your pennies scenario, temporal and spatial disruption were they are simply placed there by mischievous imp to get your attention and make you think, that would be interesting, but yes floating dislocated heads that breathe nasty and whisper in your ear are also a related phenomena, the ether starts talking to you!

I moved away from the Gothic residence, even local children were seeing ghosts hanging around outside the place in the mists when it was weirdness central, i even had spiritualists in Brazil writing to tell me that Angels were appearing to them and keeping them informed of developments and i had no doubts they were, so i left for more modern accomodation and no more idols.

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   

You magic man you. This is probably not an omen thing as much as the universe once again proving to you (or your mind proving to the universe) that there are more things in heaven and earth than (etc. etc.). This sounds like a fun and harmless example of material creation in the real world, maybe you just needed a spiritual pick-me-up. Too bad it wasn't those old silver dollars, the one with the goddess of liberty on them. I carry one around in my pocket now.

You could also save one or all of those pennies, kind of a personal magic object (those seem to change out every once in awhile).

Penny for your thoughts?

edit on 12-12-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Odd, timing out when trying to reply... too long winded (or handed) I guess?

But magic man? Hardly.. .swirling pool of normalcy, usually... if normal is brilliant, dashing and witty, that is

edit on 12/12/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

And K, as I'm having trouble replying at length... have you written about that house/experience before..if so, where?

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

No not really but it was interesting reminiscing, i mean it's not like high strangeness ever stopped i just manage it differently.

posted on Dec, 13 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

the time-out isn't working right, but all you need to do is refresh and retry when the site says you've timed out. Easy as pie (if pie were easy, which it is not).

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Did you at any point try locate a paper from the area code the call came from and checked the obitaries for any names of people you knew?.

posted on Dec, 29 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: RifRAAF

No... and since I'm middle aged and used to live in the fast lane (or at least the carpool lane) deaths are, unfortunately, getting more common... but nothing on the grapevine.

Thinking about it, I've rented this old house for 14 years and there are a sprinkling of strange events here... mild poltergeist type things... and I'm leaning toward that... not that it's a satisfying explanation. I'll spill it if I hear of a death, though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join