It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Penny Opera... Pennies from Heaven... or WTH is with appearing pennies?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
This morning was stranger than usual for me ... meaning when I usually awake, the transition from dreams to whatever reality this is is jarring... but this morn was extra weird.

My bedroom has a wood floor, no carpets/rugs and was just swept. I woke up, put on my glasses (yeah, easier than contacts or Lazic) and glanced down at the floor for my first step into the chilly new day... and there was a bright, shiny penny. I pick it up.

A little strange in that I was darn sure it wasn't there last night ...having swept and all, but things happen and maybe it stuck to my foot or something... okay.

I glance back at the spot on the floor and another darned shiny penny... in the same spot! I look at the penny in my hand and at the new one on the ground and chuckle that I'm losing it... pick the new one up, reach behind me to arrange my bedding, look down again to place my foot and there's a third penny.

I feel a weird unbalanced feeling as my brain strains to compute this... reach down to pick up the third one and someone (likely a poor homeless guy on the streets due to de-funded mental institutions) shouts from outside the house, "Die, die, die!"

That shakes me up, further, as this reminds me that the last times I found an odd sequence of pennies was when loved ones died ... happened twice before, but never in so unexplainable a manner. So I scuttle out before another one appears!

Okay, I know the prosaic explanation is that somehow, pennies were dropped on the floor and I just sleepily noticed them... but I really searched after that second one and we're talking bright, like new pennies... very easy to spot on the dark wood floor, no sounds of falling coins, no coins in my bedroom or worn clothes where coins might fall out... I'm at a loss... enough of a loss to post about it and come across as whacky.

So, dunno... but thought I'd put it out there. I've had weird things happen to me with some regularity, though they are certainly quite rare. This might be one of them.

Heh, if I pass away then this would be a heckuva premonition thread!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Fascinating tale. I found this for you. Maybe there is something that can help you explain or understand the meaning of this odd occurrence.

I’ve gotten a few questions surrounding the symbolic meaning of the penny, specifically the symbolic meaning of finding pennies on our paths. I respond thusly:

Dear Heads or Tails:

Consider the penny as a symbol of beginnings as it holds the vibration of number One.

The meaning of One primarily deals with strong will, positivity, pure energy. The number One reflects new beginnings, and purity. The symbolic meaning of the penny (number One) is further clarified when we understand that One represents both kinds of action, physical and mental.

This combined with the One’s urgency for new beginnings, we intuit number One to mean it is time to exert our natural forces, take action, and start a new venture. Numeral One gives us encouragement that our actions will be rewarded in kind.

Appropriate to the theme of new beginnings, we see Abraham Lincoln depicted on this currency. This is symbolic of founding fathers concept, and deals with foundational thoughts & constructs. Pulled more deeply in the meaning, we can say that seeing pennies (particularly heads-up) is a message for us to re-evaluate our founding beliefs. We may ask ourselves what core beliefs do we have, and are they serving us appropriately?

Copper also holds a symbolic resonance (at least when they were primarily made of copper prior to 1982) with the astrological signs of Sagittarius and Taurus – you can investigate the attributes of these signs for further symbolism here.

Copper is also considered a solar emblem, and corresponds with the radiant features of the sun. This combined with a myriad of other meanings, the symbolic meaning of the penny deals with bright ideas, fresh perspectives, and incorporating these new thoughts with our existing framework. By combining the old with the new we find our lives expanded and new directions to our path.

www.symbolic-meanings.com...
edit on 10-12-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Were they 'Heads' or 'Tails'? What about the mint dates on them?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Try placing them back on the floor in the same place when you go to bed tonight. Perhaps you should arrange them in a straight line and see if they are moved during the night.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I think they were tails up... all three (darn)... with the minting dates as 1997,1993 and 1996, but I'm not sure of what order they appeared in... thinking about it, it almost seems like some sleep to waking consciousness, or "dream residue" came through... like a bleed-over... but that might be simple disorientation from an odd event, heh.

Thanks for the quote... that was interesting and I hadn't thought to google it myself yet!

As far as arranging them... sure, why not? They all appeared in the exact place I put my first step of the morning... the exact place, and that was odd in itself, as if something wanted me to see them, if you get me.

This house isn't "haunted" like some I've lived in... but there has been infrequent visitations years apart.

edit on 12/10/2014 by Baddogma because: add

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
From Yahoo Answers:
(Sorry, this one is a little scary).

What does 3 pennies mean?

Arranged in an upside down triangle, it's the sign of the Devil, and you're either cursed, haunted by a demon, or it's an omen.

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Great... there was a nasty thingy that made itself known a couple years ago... I thought (and still hope) it's gone, now. It seemed tied to an old roommate, though it's hard to say with this stuff.

I know 'spirity' things exist... but I'm of the opinion we cannot really know what they are... at least we cannot be sure, anyway.

I'm not looking forward to being toyed with ...again.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Here's a somewhat similar story:

When someone use pennies for witchcraft what does this symbolize. there is always three in a row or two.?

The pennies are always three or two in a row. It will be two heads up and one head down, or one head up and one head down.

I have found them in front of my front door or under the floor mat. I have even found them in front of the driveway or going down the steps. I have found them in front of my bed also. In my brother in laws room there are always items between the pennies that belong to other people. He also had someone's name wrote on a piece of paper and the pennies under the paper. What does this mean and why is there pennies all around my house.

Why is he placing them there. We have moved three times and I keep seeing them, therefore someone who lives with us is doing it but why? Is this witchcraft or maybe they are just trying to drive me crazy. All I know is for the past three years my life has been all down hill and my finances are $0.

answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Sorry...One more 'penny' story:

Now that Greg and I have settled into our new place and have done some work around the local cemeteries, we have been noticing "pennies" appearing at our apt. First I found about 3 in the house on the carpet, which had been vacuumed and Greg and I both keep our change in zippered wallets or put them in our change jar, so no way we dropped them in the places we found them. The last few weeks we have found them at our main door step into the building. Today at our apt. door, on the top of the landing rail and then another outside the main door again. We picked them up and have taken count. We left for about an hour, came back and there is another at our door in the same place it was last time.
Now, I do know that there is something about pennies and the spirit world, I do not know exactly what the intention is, but I was in the Gettysburg Cemetery and many of the graves had pennies on top of the headstones. I have seen this in other places too and have heard others experiences with finding pennies in odd places too and they relate it to a spirit having done so.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?

We do know we have a few who have followed us home and we deal with them. The first thing that hits me, is that they like our visits and this is something to get our attention to come again. I hear and feel this, not sure I am on track, but we seem to make them happy...

MORE 'Penny' stories here:
www.ghostvillage.com...

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Do you have any pets - or perhaps the odd house mouse?

The reason I ask is that when I had pet rats they used to leave 'love gifts' in my bed. One night I was about to hop in and found a bright new penny under the covers, dead centre, in front of my pillow. I don't know where they got it from.

I was just imagining an industrious little mouse underneath your bed heaving out pennies from a small (unknown to you) stash

You might find chapter 1 of Prometheus Rising interesting:

www.principiadiscordia.com...

Pages 25 -29.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Well, I'll take the spirit realm, in general, over some nasty demon any day.

The last odd thing happened in the same bedroom early this year... waking to something in my room and feeling and seeing a depression on the bed as something invisible pressed down.

The nasty thing was a year before that... the old roommate was a determined materialist... until something started rearranging our stuff and one day, dropped in with an unmistakable electric charge or presence... so much so that the friend moved out and won't talk about it... but doesn't laugh about this stuff anymore.

I'm not a dogmatic sort seeing demons everywhere... but I have to admit somethings with no visible bodies interact with this world... rarely, at the least... and some of them seem nasty... likely just the things that animate bodies, though, whatever they/we really are.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

It certainly appears that something may be trying to get your attention. I doubt we're talking demons here, as well.
However, there could be a spirit attempting communication.
I would put out the pennies tonight (face up) and see if you receive a response in the morning.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Just had a call from a back home area code that went to voice mail as I didn't get to it in time... usually, calls from that area code means a family death as my friends live elsewhere. Calling back, the number wouldn't work. Voice mail was static. Weird day!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike

Nah... no pets... but a mouse coming in from the cold and leaving presents doesn't sound so bad... until they breed, that is.

But no, nothing that could easily lug a penny that I'm aware of, anyway... hmmm... in some ways a rodent is worse than spooks.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Wow. I certainly hope it's not bad news. Try putting out your pennies now...and leave the room.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
So glad you chose to come across as whacky. It's about time.
All I can say is I hope the "Die, die, die" sequence is false prophesy...though, that might season an otherwise gloriously freaky experience with a heap of the mundane.

If the pennies should mysteriously turn into magic beans - please let me know before you toss them from the window .

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

As a control, I went back in to set them down and ...there was another darned penny at that spot... well about three inches away from the previous spot... I think.

At this point I have to laugh... but I did set them down in a stack and we'll see... if they move, I'm calling in a young priest and an old priest!

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I love your thread. This is very exciting...and I hope not too scary for you.
Try placing the four pennies in the shape of a cross.
Have you tried to directly call the number with the static vm message?

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

The number had a 555 code... the kind they use in movies as a fake phone number! I just noticed that... area code exists, but the 555...?

I think I'm gonna have a rare drink, now... need some grounding, heh.

That last, fourth, penny was really, really odd as you can bet I searched the area and there were no more coins when I left this morning (I work from my house, so I'd think I'd hear someone sneaking around... it's not THAT big a residence).

Again... weird.

ETA 555 numbers are now, in fact, used (thanks Wiki)... so that was, likely, just a wrong number or something. Part of the process when weird stuff happens... the brain starts working ...poorly... looking for meaning!

ETAx2 Heh, great minds... thanks for the post below... we were both reading it at the same time, it seems.

edit on 12/10/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/10/2014 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Have you considered taking some random digital photographs of the room? They might turn up something.

RE: 555-

Throughout North America, 1-XXX-555-1212 will connect to directory assistance for the specified XXX area code, 1-800-555-1212 will connect to directory assistance for all 1-800 numbers and 1-800-555-1111 will connect to a Bell Canada operator.

Use of 555- for anything other than 555-1212 style information numbers raises the problem that call cost is unclear to consumers; in theory the numbers could be anything from toll-free to premium. This complicates the provision of toll restriction to local subscribers.

en.wikipedia.org...(telephone_number)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join