It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: kdyam

A lot of what you're saying is true. I watch how a band of protesters who are waving a banner for justice turn their "peaceful" protests as a cover for looting, destroying and burning businesses and property. How can these people expect their cause to be supported? These innocent business and property owners are part of their own community!! There's no other way to describe this except for plain ignorance.

I totally agree that both Michael Brown and Travon Martin were not the poster child to rally behind to protest against police brutality. I have no sympathy for criminals or thugs. I wonder what Michael Brown would have done if the clerk in the store didn't back off? Would this community still act the same way if he beat the clerk senselessly?

I definitely think their should be a movement against police brutality, but using this thug as a rallying cry, is muddying the waters. Looting and burning the communities own businesses and property clearly shows how families in this community are poorly raising their children with no sense of morality. Smiling faces holding merchandise from looted stores certainly shows how shallow and inconsiderate they really are. To defy a request by Michael Brown's own father for no violence shows how little concern these protesters really have for the family. They simply have their own criminal interests at heart.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ckhk3
Correct me if I'm wrong but although the jury didn't indict him isn't there still a federal investigation going on where he still might not get away without any consequences?

The police may be very wary of escalating things.

Remember they are in the spot light abd even a fart in the wrong direction could have dire effects,

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: anicetus

Where did you find this version of events? Minus the parts where you fill in the blanks with assumptions, I mean.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The area was a powder keg waiting to blow. With the riots right now I don't think we've even seen the worst of it yet.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Smooth Ferguson, real smooth.

I'm going to point the blame squarely where it belongs when a community goes apeshyte -- at the people that live there.

Listen, I'm not buying the "it's the non-residents doing it!" screeching. Know why? Because I haven't seen much evidence (if any) of Ferguson residents banding together in counter-protest or preventative civ force against these so-called outside folks. Do you really expect me to believe that's who's to blame when you're not slamming back against it? If your town is really being overrun by non-residents & the view the world gets is wrong, why are you letting it happen in the first place?

No sympathy, none. They let their own town burn. I'm disgusted & fed up with their lack of initiative.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ckhk3

It's a federal civil rights investigation, yes.

Civil rights violations are pretty tough to prove because they would have to be able to show that he had the intent to deprive brown of his civil rights. With the lack of indictment, that's a strong tool for wilson to have, and he could theoretically appeal any civil rights conviction for years and years.

Finally, he can still face civil liability for wrongful death, which has a much lower threshold for guilt than a criminal trial.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
My heart goes out to the Brown family

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
I love how officials are walking on eggshells.

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons
How many peaceful protests do you hear about on the news during the year? Back when I was stateside, I attended many protests with the tea party, before they got taken over. Exactly one was covered by anyone other than a local news crew, and that was by RT, not a single "american" news crew covered them. And yes, we did notify news agencies well ahead of time that they were going to happen.

A protest has to be extremely offensive, like the westburough idiots, or a potential powderkeg to get any attention.

edit on Tue, 25 Nov 2014 06:30:01 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
democrat senator maria chapelle-nadal: "this is our race war"

shes blaming the outrage on "decades of racism in our government structure, and we arent going to take it anymore"

whos we?

black people or government racists?

this lady belongs to both groups.
edit on 25-11-2014 by LurkingRelentlessly because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: LurkingRelentlessly
democrat senator maria chapelle-nadal: "this is our race war"

shes blaming the outrage on "decades of racism in our government structure, and we arent going to take it anymore"

What she said was very racist.
I hope she resigns because of this hate-related remark.

And she talks about war. How can someone stop racism by spreading hate and violence?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Do as your government says, and not as they do. You Americans should be fine as long as you shut the hell up and do as your overlords tell you
Do not question their methods or agents, they will never admit wrong doing anyways.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NiZZiM

I would actually say your legal system, is a joke. Regardless of what brown did, he was shot in the back running away. You have a law that states you can shoot a "fleeling felon". Regardless of what somebody did to me, I don't think I could shoot them in the back, while they were fleeing, unarmed. That is what people are getting pissed at. Your LEO's are essentially military thugs with an unlimited remit to do as they please. You wonder why the poor and disenfranchised are pissed at all the whitewashing that goes on? If they had of indicted Wilson you can bet your ass hundreds even thusands of cases would have been brought forward to seek more indictments. Wilson was always going to be found not guilty, you need to realise that. Poor black kid vs American LEO's and government. Who the # you think is gonna win that?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Truthbadger

I would actually say your legal system, is a joke. Regardless of what brown did, he was shot in the back running away. You have a law that states you can shoot a "fleeling felon". Regardless of what somebody did to me, I don't think I could shoot them in the back, while they were fleeing, unarmed. That is what people are getting pissed at. Your LEO's are essentially military thugs with an unlimited remit to do as they please. You wonder why the poor and disenfranchised are pissed at all the whitewashing that goes on? If they had of indicted Wilson you can bet your ass hundreds even thusands of cases would have been brought forward to seek more indictments. Wilson was always going to be found not guilty, you need to realise that. Poor black kid vs American LEO's and government. Who the # you think is gonna win that?

Where is the evidence that shows he was shot in the back?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Most people do not know how to deal with frustration, especially when dealing with government whitewash. I wonder what the outcome would have been, if this had happened to a civilian. IE somebody tries to carjack you, you get the better of them, they peg it and you gun them down while they run away. I believe for any US civilian that is second degree murder, no? While a LEO in your country can gun down an unarmed man fleeing, then just say "well he punched me and made me fear for my life so I dropped him" and thats fine. One rule for them, one for everyone else.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gully

So, he was shot several times reaching into the car, then ran backwards so brown could shoot him ni the front as he ran away? Or, are you trying to tell me, he got shot several times reaching into the car, then ran about 50 yards, realised he had been shot then collapsed#

Edit: Wilson, not brown sorry. What im trying to say here, is that browns body was at least 50 yards from the cruiser. How did he get that far? how did he die? He certainly wouldn't have run 50 yards then just dropped dead. He was shot at as he fled. Unless he fled running backwards, One can only forsee that he was shot in the back.

edit on 25-11-2014 by Truthbadger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   

a reply to: Gully

So, he was shot several times reaching into the car, then ran backwards so brown could shoot him ni the front as he ran away? Or, are you trying to tell me, he got shot several times reaching into the car, then ran about 50 yards, realised he had been shot then collapsed?

I'm not telling you anything. You stated he was shot in the back... where is the evidence?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

All three autopsies proved that he was NOT shot in the back so it does not support the claims that he was running away. This includes the report from the famous medical examiner, Michael Baden, whom the family hired.
edit on 25-11-2014 by texasgirl because: sentence correction

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Most people do not know how to deal with frustration, especially when dealing with government whitewash. I wonder what the outcome would have been, if this had happened to a civilian. IE somebody tries to carjack you, you get the better of them, they peg it and you gun them down while they run away. I believe for any US civilian that is second degree murder, no? While a LEO in your country can gun down an unarmed man fleeing, then just say "well he punched me and made me fear for my life so I dropped him" and thats fine. One rule for them, one for everyone else.

and that's why those people are rioting...well said....side note, I went to FOX NEWS and there was blond white young Megan Kelly all pissed off, talking to a black guy in Ferguson, insinuating that Brown brought this on all by himself, because the cop feared for his own life, and he got what he deserved.

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join