It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
So if your child were killed by the police, and you know you'll never get justice, you'd be totally chill lest you upset anybody else? Jesus Christ. Why shouldn't she use her voice? HER CHILD WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM HER. Dig down, deep inside, and try to find some human compassion. Jesus wept.

Not blaming her or anything; I just found it a little baffling.
a reply to: texasgirl

Well, except for that teensy part where you kind of are.
edit on 11/25/2014 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: caprellid
Michael Brown was being confronted for the High Crime of jaywalking.

AND then Brown reached into the police car and punched out the cop and tried to steal his gun. Brown got himself shot because of his own actions. If you don't want to be shot, then don't punch out a cop and try to steal his gun, and don't run away and then turn and charge aggressively into the cop. If the cop says 'get out of the road and don't JWALK', then get out of the road and do not attack the cop and try to take his gun. Otherwise, you have awarded yourself the Darwin Award.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Realtruth

When does it end you ask?

I don't know, maybe when the POTUS stops adressing the nation while playing the race card?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: Monger
So if your child were killed by the police, and you know you'll never get justice, ...

If my ADULT child was stupid enough to attack a police officer, not just once but twice, and try to steal his gun ... then it would be justice for that cop to defend himself. Especially if my ADULT child was huge and a criminal.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/25/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

What you're saying to me is that it's more believable that a kid was told not to jaywalk and decided to punch someone with a gun (?? ???? ? ???) than a trigger happy cop shot a kid like a dog and spent the next two days before filing an incident report (breaking the law) to cobble together a story?

It is more likely that someone who rejected the idea of being on the football team because he didn't want to hit anyone, punched out a cop, than a cop got mad, # a kid, and lied about it?

link   
a reply to: TKDRL

This seems to be getting blurred as time goes on - what's on his juvenile criminal record?

The video of him and the store keeper doesn't look friendly yet elsewhere I read there is vodeo of Michael Brown paying for his purchases - so why's the truth getting so blurred? Either he payed or he didn't and either he had a record Juvenile or whatever or he didn't?

Its very hard to ascertain the truth here and I always have the suspicion that if there is any chance of compo being paid then a lot of fuss and handwriging is going to be played out infront of the cameras as we have seen in the UK.

link   

So if your child were killed by the police, and you know you'll never get justice, you'd be totally chill lest you upset anybody else? Jesus Christ. Why shouldn't she use her voice? HER CHILD WAS TAKEN AWAY FROM HER. Dig down, deep inside, and try to find some human compassion. Jesus wept.

Not blaming her or anything; I just found it a little baffling.

Well, except for that teensy part where you kind of are.

No, if I were her I would be home watching the verdict on tv surrounded by close family and friends. You know there's going to be violence, right? Even if it were my son, I would not be out there on the street.

link   
The police themselves stated he had no record. The police also stated he would not have been charged with any felony had this not occurred. He was not a criminal.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Oh boy. Ye reap what ye sew. Young people do not vote. I am in an argument right now with my 26 yr old son who will not vote. He says it does not matter. It does matter. Look what has happened. Because the young people will not do their duty, they have given all the Power to the Old White Bigot Sociopaths. I come from generations of them and when you can hate people for their color, it is easy to hate any of your family too, for being different. The Old White Bigot Sociopaths have endangered all of us. I remember the 60's, I am so afraid this will be a lot worse.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

And which version of the Good Officer Wilson's story did that gem come from? Why hasn't been able to keep his story straight? 18 is still a kid. Eight TEEN. Teenager. Black or not. Big scary black thug (nice codeword, btw. Repeated usage really drives your meaning home), or skinny white 18 year old nerd. Both lives are equally valuable.

link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Point out to me when Obama played the race card, because I sure as hell didn't hear it. I'm disappointed as all hell that he DIDN'T play the race card. This is a race issue, and every time someone says "don't play the race card" it is ignoring the absolutely chilling difference that race makes in America.

link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: blupblup
Wow, I am at a loss for words...... Goddamned firing squad. Bunch of pussies. Same with Wilson. They were all within optimal range to deploy tazers. They are issued tazers for a reason, and it aint to decorate their toolbelt.

Yep it's an absolute disgrace - shot 46 times...as if they couldn't have taken him down without unloading like that.
And do you know what happened to these "officers" who were acting like a firing squad??
Yep, you guessed it... Nada.
edit on 25/11/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Just a little something I came up with just now:

If you live by the gun... you have to be prepared to die by the gun.

Put your hands up.... don't run.

If you live by the gun... you die by the gun.

Put your hands up... don't run.

When you step out your house... better say goodbye.

As today could be the day that you die...

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: caprellid

To think the Ferguson PD is part of TPTB is absurd. TPTB are the ones who took this event, blew it WAY out of proportion, gave it non-stop media coverage, and painted Brown as an innocent child who did nothing wrong. TPTB are the ones who, despite the mounting evidence in Wilson's defense, continue to whip the country into a false, righteous frenzy.

Ferguson PD was just a pawn to be shuffled around, not the ones calling the shots.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

That's very, very easy to say when you've never been in such a situation. And I pray that you never will. Words are cheap, but I suspect that if you were going through what she is your actions would speak differently than words typed from behind a screen.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

Well, as I and many others had stated.
A thug attacked a LEO. The LEO acted within the law. The thug died from his thug actions. Case closed.

Now, let's go burn stuff and steal things to show our disgust that this didn't go the way we wanted.

Nothing says "I'm tired of injustice" like looting and rioting.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
this played out just like a great deal of us expected yet people are still trying to toss out any excuse in th ebook.
from its the medias fault to its obamas fault to its the cities fault for waiting till 8 to release the decision..

its very tired...

just like expected, the rioting and looted started not even 15 minutes after the decision was announced...
stores busted into and on fire...throwing stuff at the cops...

amidst the chants of no justice no peace and mike brown this and mike brown that, we now have a lot of citizens that no longer have jobs to go to today...life just got a whole lot harder on them...

theyre the ones i feel sorry for......the true innocents in all this...

i really feel like a good deal of the protestors just dont even get it...i watched the feed from the ground live for more than 3 hours....
"omg....they shot tear gas..i cant believe this"
really, after the looting and blocking of the street and 20 warnings to disperse, you cant believe this......

"all this to protect darren wilson"
really. has nothing to do with the violence that erupted post decision

calling the cops racist faggots....throwing stuff at the cops...

people still claiming its all about race.....there were a lot of white people in those protests last night..not just a select few here and there....lots, so save it

when it first kicked off a few people started getting fired up from the crowd and was starting to rush the barrier...there was one dude holding people back and telling people to calm down....
what did he get for it?
berated by the others....calling him an uncle tom and accusing him of being a fed....

in the middle of all this people are yelling "this is a peaceful protest"

all went down pretty much as expected....

looting the liquor store really shows people all you want is justice for mike brown

edit on 25-11-2014 by Grovit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

If you're a black teenager who happens to be tall and heavy set, keep in mind that many white people, like our friendly mod FlyersFan, no longer regard you as a youth. You're a grown man, and extremely threatening. A thug who can be shot in the street like a dog, whose corpse was left on full display, and half of America will celebrate it.

Meanwhile, a 6 foot tall white teenager is the captain of the football team, and a local celebrity.

Are you really comparing an 18 year old black MAN who robbed a store and attacked a police officer who dared to think he can't just have whatever he wants to take... to an 18 year old man in school and sports???

I am flabbergasted at the mind set that suggests that because he was black he should be allowed to do what he wants without paying the consequences for his actions. A black cop kills a black kid and no one says anything. A black kid shoots another black kid an no one says anything. But a WHITE cop defends himself and shoots a black man and "oh hell no!".

Then you think We are the racists??

Judging the FACTS, this was self defense. I pray we never loose the right to defend ourselves.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

The FPD are TPTB because they are the authority. They are the people you are siding with, and most of America is siding with. The media is trying their hardest to incriminate Michael Brown, but you assume they're painting him innocent because it's hard to paint him a thug. They are the ones who put up national headlines "BROWN HAD MARIJUANA IN HIS SYSTEM" as if that had anything to do with this event.
edit on 25-11-2014 by caprellid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

And which version of the Good Officer Wilson's story did that gem come from? Why hasn't been able to keep his story straight? 18 is still a kid. Eight TEEN. Teenager.

On the contrary, an 18 year old is legally considered an adult in most, if not all US jurisdictions. If he's old enough, in other circumstances, to be handed an M-16 and fight in a war, he's not a kid. He is indeed a 'grown man.'
edit on 25-11-2014 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join