It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 kilos of Cocaine found on Turtle-Senator McConnell's Inlaws' Shipping vessel!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

No one here would act like any given politician is the only "shady" one. C'mon.

So, you don't have a problem with pointless one upmanship? It's meaningful to continue to disagree merely on political lines rather than trying to get to the bottom of a matter? To find the facts?

Interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Bush did coc aine in his day.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Without exonerating McConnell in this, I'll just say that there are a lot of degrees of separation between what happens on one ship in a shipping company connected to a man's in-laws and a man himself.

I mean, c'mon, if it's no big deal that Rev. Wright was Obama's family pastor for 20 years, then finding coke on one ship in the man's in-law's shipping company is even less of a deal.

Oh, lets' not even get into Charlie Wrangel's Bahamian vacation homes that he pays no tax dollars on ...

Reid's land deals ...

Pelosi's husband's tuna canneries ...

Jesse Jackson, Jr.

There is plenty of corruption, and while this may lead somewhere, it may also not. For all we know right now, it could just be an enterprising sailor taking advantage of his position.

Except McConnell got a ton of money from the company in question at the start of his decades long career. There is almost no degree of separation.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Here's some background on the shady company from a Louisville KY reporter.

louisvillecourant.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Notice, Tavi, that the list is growing as we watch!

We can't wonder about McConnell or possible compromises on his new position because DEMOCRATS!

It's not a very subtle strategy.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

No one here would act like any given politician is the only "shady" one. C'mon.

So, you don't have a problem with pointless one upmanship? It's meaningful to continue to disagree merely on political lines rather than trying to get to the bottom of a matter? To find the facts?

Interesting.

That is what I was referring to, not that I should have to explain myself :

Hopefully this gets pursued. It's highly sketchy, not surprising considering McConnell himself is as sketchy a politician as there ever was.

Which is why I responded the way I did

Curious as to why you are getting upset about a simple discussion, especially when my little comment wasn't as detailed as ketsuko's, yet you are trying to get on me

Might as well get over it and move on

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's ironic that I've been relegated to being a Democrat when I'm not, by the sheer ugliness of Republican politicians.

My first political post on here was about the disgusting Eric Cantor. Since then I've been forced into the Democrat side by the Republicans on this site

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
okay, if McConnel DID know about this, why would he be tougher on drugs, wouldnt it behoove him to get the drug laws lessened so he can benefit from them, no?

Dont think he knew about it

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

Drug laws keep prices high increasing profitability. Drugs are used to move money for unsavory purposes. There's a thread about this stuff in relation to Afghanistan now.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I suggest researching the Opium Wars and the Contras to get a grasp on this long time strategy employed by the West, especially America.
edit on 12-11-2014 by tavi45 because: added an extra paragraph

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Aren't we on a discussion board?

Don't we discuss things?

Thanks for the advice, I believe I'll take you up on moving on from you, at least, since obviously it's your intention merely to toss in quips.

Questions about McConnell's family and possible illegal acts are on the board now and there's no reason that we should ignore them because politicians are crooked. We're not talking about other politicians, we're talking about the New Senate Majority Leader.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So it's impossible to just consider whether McConnell's family might be involved in dealings that could compromise his position without trying to drag something in to blame Obama for?

Why? Why is it always "Did X Republican do this?" and the answer is "Well, Obama did this so that doesnt' matter"?

It does matter, attempts to obfuscate the discussion aside.

The reason the other side always retaliates is because that was the whole point all along. This story was never about anything but liberals attacking a conservative. So that's how it's received and that's how people will respond. If your cousin (or even your mother) got caught transporting drugs (without your explicit involvement) nobody would bring you into it unless there was reason to believe you were involved because you're not a politician.

When you're a politician if your neighbor commits a crime, your enemies will try to find a way to use it against you.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I don't have any good news for you Tavi; I actually formally became a Democrat after seeing what real Republicans think, say and do.

I would like to make the PSA however, that not all Republicans or Democrats do and believe the same things and we should listen to each individual and not make assumptions about who they are and what they believe based merely on their politics.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

So there's just absolutely no way interest in this story could arise because of concerns about Mr. McConnell and his new Senate position? No chance, because everyone everywhere all the time are so bitterly and single-mindedly partisian that it's always just quid pro quo from Hell?

That's just sad, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
40kilos @ $17,000 per wholesale =$68,000 40kilos @ $32-$38,000 to a dealer in the UK $1.28-$1.52MIL....not a bad way to pay for the ads on tv.

link   

Aren't we on a discussion board?

Don't we discuss things?

Thanks for the advice, I believe I'll take you up on moving on from you, at least, since obviously it's your intention merely to toss in quips.

Questions about McConnell's family and possible illegal acts are on the board now and there's no reason that we should ignore them because politicians are crooked. We're not talking about other politicians, we're talking about the New Senate Majority Leader.

Aren't we the hypocritical one

That's what we are doing, discussing the issue, not sure what your problem is there

But why is it not okay to mention other politicians that have had issues, or is it just the Dems you don't want brought up

Maybe you ought to focus less on me and more of the topic

I never said NOT to discuss McConnell, not once did I
You're just reaching to be argumentative

link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

So it's impossible to just consider whether McConnell's family might be involved in dealings that could compromise his position without trying to drag something in to blame Obama for?

Why? Why is it always "Did X Republican do this?" and the answer is "Well, Obama did this so that doesnt' matter"?

The reason the other side always retaliates is because that was the whole point all along. This story was never about anything but liberals attacking a conservative. So that's how it's received and that's how people will respond. If your cousin (or even your mother) got caught transporting drugs (without your explicit involvement) nobody would bring you into it unless there was reason to believe you were involved because you're not a politician.

When you're a politician if your neighbor commits a crime, your enemies will try to find a way to use it against you.

I didn't rise to a position in the US government with massive control and influence using money from a company with many shady practices started by my relatives
. Relative is a bit different than neighbor.
edit on 12-11-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Nope, no hypocrisy here.

You've suggested twice that I not continue the discussion.

I pointed that out. Now you're ham-handedly trying to make me look like I'm trying to shut down the conversation.

How does "mentioning other politicians" add anything to the topic of McConnell's family and what happened?

Answer: It doesn't; it's just the typical partisanship injected into every discussion on every topic here.

But you're absolutely right, there's no reason to give you another instant of my screentime.

/ignore

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Looks like the Republican cheerleaders are out with their pom poms and doing some damage control for their beloved McConnell

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

I didn't rise to a position in the US government with massive control and influence using money from a company with many shady practices started by my relatives
. Relative is a bit different than neighbor.

As I said, I don't know much about him or his background but I would surmise if there was anything concrete connecting him to this, law enforcement would be interested. Unless you believe Mitch McConnell has bought the entire FBI and DEA and whomever else might be interested.

It remains to be seen, I guess. Personally, I find it suspicious that this information comes out now, considering he's been around for a long time.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

It only happened a few months ago. It was probably kept hush hush. Who knows why?

I look forward to this going somewhere though I doubt it will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join