It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Conspiracy Theories Are False

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I guess the question would be whether these are conspiracies or just clandestine operations that have come to light?

Easily construed as conspiracies, just as Watergate was.
There are conspiracies. My question would be, how many have been exposed by "conspiracy theorists" as opposed to actual investigations?

Conspiracy theorists don't seem to have provided much meat.
edit on 10/26/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
A fellow scout has confirmed the story.

Well I guess you and that fellow scout will carry it to the grave since it basically stops with you two....

I'm like you, I have 28 years of military service, I been in every war, operation, limited action event since Panama/ Grenada. I have also continued with my skills into my military retirement life and was in Afghanistan just a few months ago. I have spent a few years worth of my life in the Middle East, so I'm well verse of what is real or not real.

edit on 26-10-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Conspiracy theorists don't seem to have provided much meat.

That is a simple way to put it Phage. We can "what if" all day long over a good cigar and 18 year old scotch, that is about the extant that I see with the majorly of theories, so after about a decade of that and nothing further comes out...hmmmm well at least I had a bunch of good cigars and good scotch, so not total waste of my time.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: captaintyinknots
Conspiracy: an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
dictionary.reference.com...
Every single one of these fits the definition.

We are talking theories, I think the OP said theories.... Was every one of them an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan that a conspiracy theory uncovered the real truth?

edit on 26-10-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Not all conspiracy theories are fake.

Some are because they are veriably proven to be so by virtue of their sheer improbability and the ability to verify they are incorrect by science and other methods (moon landing claims for example), some are based on very tenuous information (from "insiders" and personal testimonies in isolation) and some are simply matters of personal opinion that are put forward as "fact" (9/11 etc). A lot are based on ignorance of scientific and/or other methods and practices (Chemtrails etc)

However there are genuine mysteries out there.

Too many people have seen unusual things in the sky over hundreds of years for them to be ignored, and yet allegedly our governments have no official interest.

Politics is rife with corruption/issues and problems, some of which is routinely swept under the carpet (Watergate was exposed, but others remain, including supression of information on military test subjects, the election of Bush in 2000, the whole Iraq War debacle,the current official investigations of pedophillia in the 1980's conservative cabinet in the UK and the "suicide" of Dr.David Kelly)

Scientific discoveries and technological advances have gone missing/been suppressed by industry (Starlite, Browns Gas, Lean Burn Engine technology, compressed air engines), and people who have made those discoveries have also gone missing in some cases

There are more things I could list - including things that have been exposed by ATS over the years So I'm sorry, but the premise of the OP is tenuous at best, and considering the three simple categories I listed above, false.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
I have been a member of this forum for nine years. During that time, I have become acquainted with literally dozens of conspiracy theories, most of which I never suspected the existenkce of until I read about them here.

Few of these theories can easily be proven or disproven. If they could, they would not have such long lives as they do. However, the 'evidence' adduced by conspiracy theorists for their theories is always quite easy to disprove. In many cases,the 'evidence' presented does not substantiate the theory at all. Some theories are presented without evidence; usually these are the more absurd ones, which end up in the Gray Area or the Skunk Works.

The fact is that, in nine years as a member of the world's most popular conspiracy web site, I have yet to see a single conspiracy theory proven true.

This does not surprise me. Conspiracy theories are not conspiracies. They are, instead, made-up explanations as to how and why certain historical events occurred (or are held not to have occurred, as in the Moon landing conspiracy theory). They are folklore, not fact.

Here is list of popular conspiracy theories from Wikipedia. It is not exhaustive but it covers a pretty broad spectrum. All of them have been discussed on ATS. In some cases the theories are decades, even centuries old. To date, not one has been proven, despite the undoubtedly diligent efforts of their proponents to prove them.

I say to you, my friends, that all conspiracy theories (as opposed to genuine conspiracies discovered after the fact) are false, imaginary and/or impossible to prove. I would be interested to see if anybody can show me that I am wrong.

By the way, this thread was inspired by another, in which I argue much the same thesis: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've seen posts that were uninformed and completely wrong...but id never think id see someone start an entire thread that was based in fantasy.

How can anyone be so arrogant as to make a broad closed minded statement that "all conspiracy theories are false" especially when many conspiracies that once had no proof WERE PROVEN TO BE TRUE in the long run? (That pedophile ring for example)

Or did you overlook that fact?

I thought we were supposed to deny ignorance not wholeheartedly embrace it!?

I sometimes wish there was an option to remove stars and flags from a thread to balance out the ludicrous generalizations made by some folks on here.

OG

edit on 10-26-2014 by OrionsGem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
First off this is in the wrong forum, this is a Rant, not a conspiracy.

Now let's look at your title

All Conspiracy Theories Are False

This title show's ignorance and since you have been here 9 years and have not been able to find one conspiracy theory that was proven fact or true, then I actually feel sorry for you.

One only needs to have spent an hour a week for nine years to find multiple cases of conspiracies that have come to fruition as fact.

Now let's look at one of your other statements which contradicts your title. If you look closely you went from "All", in your title to the word "Few", so which is it all or few ?, because in the world of logic once you state "All" it's all.

Few of these theories can easily be proven or disproven.

The fact is that, in nine years as a member of the world's most popular conspiracy web site, I have yet to see a single conspiracy theory proven true.

Again I say to you having spent nine years here and have not been able to find a "single" conspiracy theory that came true is beyond ignorant, which is far from the ATS motto of "Deny Ignorance"

In conclusion,

Our challenge to you would be to read this thread thoroughly, since there are multiple example's to invalidate your title's claim, and then to take the time to use logic in making conclusion, instead of using blind ignorance.

Peace,

RT
edit on 26-10-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris
I hate it when someone starts a thread, trying to be clever, realises they are wrong, and just bail the thread

I just realized the thread linked to in the OP is mine. .. and trust me Astyanax when i say your assertions in my thread are just as absurd as this op you authored.

Thanks for inadvertently vindicating my thread and even linking to it, much obliged.

OG

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Let me stoke my chin for a moment...

The word 'conspiracy' is in our lexicon for a reason. If conspiracies are false there would be no need for such a word.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Where is the OP? Anyone? Id like to have a discussion about why the assertions made in the op are wrong. Can someone page the author of the thread?

Id like to discuss but the OP has been MIA for about 5 pages now of proof that not all conspiracy theories are false.

Anyone? (Walks away shaking head as cricket chirps fade into the night)

OG

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I just want to express my awe at the fact that we have a person on this site who has "become acquainted with literally dozens of conspiracy theories" and, with that vast wealth of knowledge, can disprove every single conspiracy theory.

Thank you for joining us. It's an honor.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Conspiracy theories are epistemological cartoons. These are the people who believe the greys or extraterrestrials will come save us and all we need to do is provide sufficient fettle tissue to acquire their technologies. Others think seven Jews behind closed curtains are pulling all the strings in the world. Their looking for a major event to happen like WW3, or the second coming of Jesus, or some random UFO event. The truth is, you have to find out what evidence you have other than saying "I have evidence". There has to be a certain amount of proof. With the invention of internet, conspiracy theory has become almost impossible to prove because of the mass amount of information that is available to everybody.
edit on 26-10-2014 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

If conspiracies are false there would be no need for such a word.

Did you read the OP? The OP did not say there are no conspiracies. Here is what the OP said:

This does not surprise me. Conspiracy theories are not conspiracies. They are, instead, made-up explanations as to how and why certain historical events occurred (or are held not to have occurred, as in the Moon landing conspiracy theory). They are folklore, not fact.

It's pretty easy to name actual conspiracies. Much harder to name a conspiracy theory which has been shown to be true. Can you do so?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: miniatus

Eh??? The OP was saying that she has not seen one conspiracy theory become true... Maybe study up on your reading and comprehension skills?

Here is the part for you again, even though you so gleefully quoted it yourself before...

I have yet to see a single conspiracy theory proven true.

Even at the beginning of the thread the OP asked for just one... They have been provided many as have you if you even bothered to read... Which from your replies I see you do not... Please try harder

EDIT: Same goes for you PHAGE... Please just read the thread, jeez... Many have been pointed out... And no not JUST conspiracies, ones that WERE theories and then proven to be true... I'm not going to nanny you, you'll have to READ the thread yourself, but the answers ARE within, if you can be bothered to just... READ... XD
edit on 26-10-2014 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Meee32

They have been provided many as have you if you even bothered to read.

Maybe you can point out just on conspiracy theory which has proven to be true? Because I haven't seen one in this thread or anywhere else.

The OP is about conspiracy theories, not conspiracies. There is a difference. There have indeed been conspiracies which have been uncovered. Were any of them conspiracy theories before they were uncovered?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Conspiracy: an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
dictionary.reference.com...
Every single one of these fits the definition.

We are talking theories, I think the OP said theories.... Was every one of them an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan that a conspiracy theory uncovered the real truth?

and therein lies the problem.

Conspiracy theories are unproven.

Conspiracies used to be theory, and then WERE proven. Every example I stated fits.

Again, thats the problem with this conversation. Most people are more interested in semantics than logic.

Id go so far as to say its why the ct community continues to be laughed at.
edit on 26-10-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

If conspiracies are false there would be no need for such a word.

Did you read the OP? The OP did not say there are no conspiracies. Here is what the OP said:

It's pretty easy to name actual conspiracies. Much harder to name a conspiracy theory which has been shown to be true. Can you do so?
every single example I listed were theory, until they were proven true.

Every. Single. One.

Or is this thread really just a "gotcha" thread which gets its kicks by semantical paradox?

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You see... You just can't do it can you... I already said I am not here to hold your hand... Many have been pointed out, go read the thread please...

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Or is this thread really just a "gotcha" thread which gets its kicks by semantical paradox?

BINGO!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I have not read the rest of the thread to see if i has already been mentioned, but South Yorkshire Police did cover up details of and their own failures at the Hillsborough Football Stadium Disaster, and did try to smear it's victims.

As a cynic myself, i'm shocked you have not seen one conspiracy theory proved valid, and wonder if you are really being honest.... in fact you simply cannot be truthful. I assume that government cover-ups count, in which case, wtf?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join