It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Conspiracy Theories Are False

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: miniatus
The OP is wrong.
Most scientific "assertions," are still theorem. Not fact.
I know the OP is invested in science, from OP's posting history.
A fact begins with a theory.
It's just that simple.
Life as well as thinking, starts with theoretical knowlege. Enough empirical evidentiary fact produces a tipping point where we accept it, eventually, as fact. But it is rare, even ,for science to do this, for such fact eludes a constantly,evolving and fluctuating environment with always new observations as our devices and methods for measuring change, advance, but so does said environment…..

Therefore, the absolute the OP began with must be false, respetfully.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
in my sig!

Wanna bet your phone is tapped? posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 09:33 AM

RiotComing!!! 2011 posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 07:58 AM posted 2 days before the Arab Spring started

edit on 25-10-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
and then you have topics like GMO's which is a really complicated subject and easy to have arguments on both sides and yet still no definite answers

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Can't hope to compare to Skeptic Overlords ground and pound… this is from the last election. I took a screen capture of a teleprompter YouTube showing the conspiracy in elections.

The motion to grant Ron Paul access to the debates prior to the presidential election was denied…

Find me independent shots of that... my company does commercials and local ads... we know better... for a large scale debate to have such a shot on a teleprompter would be NOT ALLOWED .. especially if it was pre-determined... they'd want that hidden... so they would never be so careless as to have cameras behind the prompters .. aimed squarely at a prompter ... and aired??? .. NO .. not to mention because of censorship laws, things are delayed

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
The OP is wrong.
Most scientific "assertions," are still theorem. Not fact.
I know the OP is invested in science, from OP's posting history.
A fact begins with a theory.
It's just that simple.
Life as well as thinking, starts with theoretical knowlege. Enough empirical evidentiary fact produces a tipping point where we accept it, eventually, as fact. But it is rare, even ,for science to do this, for such fact eludes a constantly,evolving and fluctuating environment with always new observations as our devices and methods for measuring change, advance, but so does said environment…..

Therefore, the absolute the OP began with must be false, respetfully.

The core of the op's post was that conspiracy theory is false.... that is true in that theory is not true by default.. it's false by default until proven true... investment in science is irrelevant..

Of COURSE a fact begins with theory... but the trek to fact is not simple.. it requires irrefutable evidence..

You then went into philosophy .. much of life is theory.. when it comes to intelligence, personality, our sense of self.. one thing that has held true is that just because science doesn't know the answer now... does not mean we won't know it tomorrow... that's happened consistently ... so that topic remains in the realm of theory .. we know what areas of the mind are involved for much of it .. Science doesn't know all of it... I like to say we're kind of in our terrible two's of our human existence... we're learning a lot .. and we're learning quickly

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

I will correct myself.. no no theories are fact.. I said that.. I won't defend the op in saying all conspiracy theories are false because it's not proven.. but in the world of SCIENCE it's different..

You're false until proven true... in the human world you're innocent until proven guilty.. so she/he is still technically right.. a theory can be generally accepted as true.. that's the best you get... but you'll never be a fact until it's 100% .. and even then in another thread I showed someone was not necessarily right ( a mod no less ) .. that the laws of physics are universal.. they aren't .. and evidence now supports that..

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Exactly. Once a Conspiracy Theory is Proven it just becomes a Conspiracy. However if the event itself never even happened then the Conspiracy Theory just becomes a Theory.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus

Can't hope to compare to Skeptic Overlords ground and pound… this is from the last election. I took a screen capture of a teleprompter YouTube showing the conspiracy in elections.

The motion to grant Ron Paul access to the debates prior to the presidential election was denied…

Find me independent shots of that... my company does commercials and local ads... we know better... for a large scale debate to have such a shot on a teleprompter would be NOT ALLOWED .. especially if it was pre-determined... they'd want that hidden... so they would never be so careless as to have cameras behind the prompters .. aimed squarely at a prompter ... and aired??? .. NO .. not to mention because of censorship laws, things are delayed

Eat this…

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: miniatus

Eat this…

Just scanning since it's after 3am where I am.. but the majority of those links show the same exact camera angle... so the majority are using the same exact source video ... the others seem to be referencing the same video ..

I could be wrong... I doubt that footage. I've watched every major debate I can try to get to see.. I've NEVER seen that appear... it just seems oddly suspicious a camera man would aim squarely on a teleprompter
... makes no sense... and since they operate on a mandatory delay.. if he did.. it wouldn't make it to air unless lots of people made lots of mistakes.. OOPS the camera man OOPs zoomed in and OOPs the director kept them on that OOPS camera ... the whole process is designed to prevent that.... so squarely framing the prompter makes even less sense to believe.

I commend you for finding lots of other videos that use the same video... but you did just sent me to a search link ... so you lose those points... can you provide any proof this legitimately happened... ? because all you've shown me so far is what I know.. people regurgitate what they've heard somewhere else...

edit on 10/25/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/25/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Wait, haven't I heard that before?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

May I ask you a question? I'm going to assume it's okay to do so, and I would like to state first, I am not asking this in a sarcastic manner. Nor am I trying to bait you into an argument or disparage you in any shape or form. I really am JUST curious. That being said, I'll ask my question.

Why are you still here, if nothing here is true? 9 years seems like an awful lot of years to waste hanging out on a site reading about things that are (to you) pure fiction/fantasy. I myself, would leave if I felt that way.
edit on 25-10-2014 by U4ea82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Hello Astyanax, you’ve really thrown the cat amongst the pigeons. I see you and several of my favourite people in one thread and thought I’d join in too. I know your style well enough to know you’ll back with some very strong posts.

Glancing through thewiki page supports your ‘broad’ contention that conspiracy theories are ‘false’ although the definitive ‘all’ is an over-step; I expect you used it as a literary device to kick up some attention. The contents of that page is like a clown’s gallery of the least plausible CTs.

At the same time, we shouldn’t be dismissing everything else through the guilt of association or because ridicule carries a stench.

Gary Webb claimed that the CIA were neck-deep in smuggling drugs into the US and, by extension, instrumental in the 80s crack explosion. He was condemned by the popular press and committed suicide a broken man. He highlighted a conspiracy that was recently shown to have been attacked by the same popular press who are friends of the CIA (recently released CIA commentary) There might not be 100% certainty of the CIA’s deliberate part in the smuggling, but there are certainly associations and public record Court comments (p88-95) that imply as much.

Closer to home, for me, Merseyside police allowed for a crack explosion in Toxteth, Liverpool in the 1980s. I’ve read the affidavit of a police officer stating how the police had turned a blind eye because it was just a ‘black problem.’ Such things played a part in the riots that later spread across poor areas in England. The riots were spurred by allegations that the police were institutionally racist and actively suppressing black communities – the subsequent L8 investigations confirmed the ‘conspiracy.’

The same goes for Hillsborough where it’s been shown that the police made fatal errors and subsequently smeared the supporters to cover up their own failings. Years of allegations have proven truthful and accurate.

The recent Snowden revelations have, by and large, confirmed conspiracy theories that relate to spying on citizens and thereby reducing civil liberties. Similar revelations in the UK have pointed to infiltration of protest groups that recall the worst excesses of Nixon-era CoIntelPro. All of which have been predicted beforehand and have led to those claimants being dismissed as whackadoodles.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I think it's been said, and you being based in science as some have said probably already know this, but a theory is neither true nor false until it has been proved or disproved, and in some cases doing so can take decades upon decades, so your 9 years, as impressive as they may seem to you, are really are just a drop in the bucket.

They called my grandfather dense when he questioned the odd buildings going up at the border of Poland in 1941 and called him crazy when he noticed trains full of people arriving daily, and laughed and called him a raving lunatic when he grabbed his family and left the village once smoke started pouring out of the chimneys of some of those buildings.

The world is full of occurrences, both large and small, that need questioning and investigation. Without such, all we would be would be empty vessels unaware and blindly accepting everything we are told. And I don't want to be that.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Your premise is rot.

The biggest thing which counts against your argument is that for YEARS before the PRISM/ECHELON revelations by Mr E. Snowden, the possibility of the existence of a universal internet surveillance program was discussed, not just here, but in other corners of the web as well. This is why no one around these parts was particularly surprised when the news of that abomination broke to the wider media.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   

I say to you, my friends, that all conspiracy theories (as opposed to genuine conspiracies discovered after the fact) are false, imaginary and/or impossible to prove. I would be interested to see if anybody can show me that I am wrong.

People consume the vast amount of evidence and first hand testimony available about historical events of our distant and recent past in a very wide range of ways. Some people can't discern credibility of sources; some people do too little research; others report discoveries made through continuous research and a dissection of evidence; and they're all talking about their findings.

To prove by definition is to demonstrate the truth or existence of (something) by evidence or argument. It seems to me(pun intended) that determining whether a conspiracy has been proven is relative to each individual person's interpretation in accordance with the level of his or her research.

edit on 10-25-2014 by TruthLover557 because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-25-2014 by TruthLover557 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Most conspiracies are made by Muslims. It is Islamic propaganda designed to make you hate your country and your government. Have you ever noticed out of every conspiracy Muslims come out of it looking like angels. Islam wants to take over the world and create a One World Order built on Sharia law. Oil is a bigger commodity than gold. Arabs are the richest 1% on earth, they own most major businesses and media. Islam go around the world and create atrocities and then blame them on everyone else through conspiracy theories. Ask yourself who benefits from you hating America the UK and Jews?

edit on 25-10-2014 by DEV1L79 because: ,.,,.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

maybe in the sense that some of them are actually fact...especially the ones you have troubles with the most. Generally like the ones that are the most bizarre.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
It's unimportant if a conspiracy theory is proven true or is likely to be true. It's the process of investigation and questioning that matters. The way I see it there is no difference between the terms occult and esoteric on the one hand and conspiracy on the other. Conspiracy is simply that which is beyond our perception, concealed to us, beyond our grasp. A university math book is a proper mystery to an elementary school pupil. Therefore conspiracy theorist and Gnostic are synonyms. It's about striving towards that which is concealed. Call it goddess Sophia if you will, or Lucifer, or chokma.

Yeah, you got that right, you're all a bunch of Satanists...
edit on 081031Sat, 25 Oct 2014 06:08:58 -0500201458pAmerica/Chicago2014-10-25T06:08:58-05:0031 by introspectionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DEV1L79

muslims come out looking like angels ????

you and i must live in completely different worlds,from what i have been reading muslims come out looking like barbaric uneducated heathens hell bent on sending the world back to the middle ages

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DEV1L79

The way I see it all religions are connected in complex ways. Kind of like in a factory you have different instruction manuals for different tasks within the factory. But all the tasks work together to be a factory. A worker is too unintelligent to learn all the things that all the people in the factory must know. And then the factory is part of a greater whole too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join