It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All Conspiracy Theories Are False

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OrionsGem
Yeah, my bad, totally responded to the wrong person.

Apologies!

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
So many double posts!
edit on 26-10-2014 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

What is a conspiracy theorist? One who believes that the government has covered up something that the people would consider a conspiracy. Can we agree with that simple definition?
No. A better definition would be that a conspiracy theorist claims that very specific activities are being carried out by "them". I'm pretty sure the government conceals things and I am not a conspiracy theorist.

You can call them investigations done by investigators. But don't the investigators have to believe that thier might be a conspiracy in order to begin an investigation?
No, they have to have evidence (real evidence, not made up evidence) in order to begin an investigation. Study the Watergate affair and how it was exposed, it's a perfect example.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Again I completely agree with what your saying, I guess an ostrich could have his head in the sand so deep that they will never get it out of there.

OG

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Is it a conspiracy theory that O.J. killed his wife? The official story says yes.

Is it a conspiracy theory that Chris Columbus was a horrible, genocidal maniac? The official story says yes.

That terrorism is good for business?
That the federal reserve is a private bank?
That the Bilderbergs exist?
That the Afghanistan war is fueled by opium trade?
That the CIA injected hundreds with syphilis as an experiment?
That corporations run our government?
That the Bush and Bin Laden families were closely tied through Carlyle Group?

What you're doing is discouraging critical thinking. Many official stories are contrary to mountains of evidence.

To be honest, people like you make me sick to my stomach. It is your choice and your right to be a slave but when you go around propagating your brand of hollow, convictionless, smug, willfully ignorant existence you had better know its gonna get rammed straight back down your throat by people with actual dignity and courage. We are the ones who make history, you just 'exist' through it. Your pretentiousness and petty, antagonistic nature goes hand in hand with your viewpoint, and is proof enough that it's moot.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
My, thread, how you've grown.

Thanks to all who have joined us so far. Time for some replies from me, I think.

reply to thesmokingman, p.1

Two minutes since I posted it you have read all 33 (supposedly proven conspiracy theories) and made that determination?

I don't need to read all 33 to make that determination. All I have to do is read one description that shows that the authors can't tell a conspiracy from a conspiracy theory. The first few descriptions show that clearly — no need to waste my time trawling through the whole rubbish-pile.

reply to cuckooold

Your reply is the best I've read so far (I'm still on the first page as I type this, but I'm reading through the thread). I'm not sure if the talk you heard qualifies as a conspiracy theory, but at this remove it really isn't possible to tell. Certainly it isn't what I call a conspiracy theory, though I'm not claiming to have a strict and complete definition.

reply to SkepticOverlord

Gosh, the man himself. I'm honoured.

Unfortunately, Skeptic, your links all appear to be to the same site (I found that out once I replaced the # that the ATS autocensors had snipped out of the URLs). The links are all to videos (which regrettably I have no time to watch) and the design of the site does not, I have to say, inspire confidence in the veracity of its contents. So I'm afraid I have to plead a certain, er, scepticism. If you could post documentary evidence from reliable sources I shall be very glad to take a look at it.

As I say to cuckooold above, COINTELPRO is a good one, and possibly qualifies. There's some doubt, however, whether people uninvolved in the action were actually spinning conspiracy theories about it.

The metaconspiracy theory of government surveillance isn't a conspiracy theory at all, since governments of all political stripes are known to spy on their citizens. It is, under certain circumstances, their duty to do so; surveillance is a regular aspect of law enforcement. The conspiracy theories are 'explanations' of what it all means or why it's being done; or else they're fantasies about personal surveillance and persecution, generated by people prone to such delusions.

Regardiing the rest of your claims, some documentation might be helpful in leading me to abandon my 'absurd conclusion'.

I should reiterate that there is a very clear difference (as expounded my miniatus) between conspiracies and conspiracy theories. Rumors and leaks — the sort that lead to conspiracies being uncovered — are not conspiracy theories.

reply to NthOther

What, pray tell, will you accept as "evidence"?

More, certainly, than was adduced prima facie in the Huffington Post article that was the subject of the thread you quoted.

reply to U4ea82 and tetra50

Why are you still here, if nothing here is true?

Why have you been wasting your time all these years, with such a closed mind? Just to insult and call various members delusional and schizho, when you have never admitted to a psychiatric expertise or degree? To justify having a closed mind and keeping it that way? For entertainment?

Mostly for entertainment, although I did offer a somewhat more positive reason in the thread (linked in my OP) that inspired this one. Here it is again:

The real benefit to humanity from ATS: it's a popular forum where conspiracy theories are debunked, to the benefit of the general public. Never saw it that way before, did you?

I'm doing my bit for humanity here, me...

reply to: Kandinsky

Thank you for saying kind things, Kandinsky. The examples you cite seem to me either unproven or to fall into the 'conspiracy but not a conspiracy theory' categories. Though, personally, I'm ready to believe the CIA was dealing coke. It's too good not to be true.

People faced with accusations of wrongdoing will often describe their accusers as 'conspiracy theories'. But interested parties, such as they are, cannot be trusted to be accurate about these things. As I've repeated a few times already, leaks and rumours are not the same thing as a conspiracy theory, even when they are called that by those who wish to discredit them. Hillsborough was discussed on the other thread I referenced, by the way.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The fact is that, in nine years as a member of the world's most popular conspiracy web site, I have yet to see a single conspiracy theory proven true.

This is a fallacy, just because you haven't seen anything proven on ATS does not then mean that all conspiracy theories are false.

Project Blue Book was a conspiracy theory, that turned out to be true.

I'm sure there is more to the JFK assassination and 9/11 then we are being told, those are conspiracy theories that likey have some basis in fact. Just because those conspiracy theories haven't been proven on ATS doesn't mean they're not valid conspiracy theories.
edit on 26-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   

So your just trolling for effect, ignoring refuting evidence.

Got it.

Thread closed.

posted on Oct, 26 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 26-10-2014 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join