It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
It has been said:
"We Are The Universe Trying To Figure Itself Out"

But it also might be seen this way - The Universe is a concept and projection of the mind defining it - Without that mind nothing can be proven to exist - Mind is all that is, was, and will be - And without mind there is nothing - but since nothing can not exist there is, was, and always will be Mind.

The one constant throughout the Universe and all of existence is not matter and it is not energy - The One constant throughout all that is, was, and what will be, is MIND.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
This Is the one and only thread I needed to read tonight. I couldn't agree more and I feel we are on the same path. Never change the path you've chosen. It is yours and yours alone. Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   
So what about the universe before there was a conscious mind to observer?

I think it's time you admit that there must have been existence before mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

That's a pretty abstract concept, but, what does it mean?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

PROVE IT! What kind if magic proves something existed in a mindless state of non-existence? - or did exist? A world of chaos that suddntly achieved intelligence and definable order will never be proven - no such state can ever be proven to have existed - Chaos achieving a magical order is for the magicians of theism and atheism - Mind needs neither a believer or disbeliever - it is an existential fact !

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
That is one flimsy argument.

I tend towards consciousness as a constant, but this argument for that is not well constructed at all. It is going to be shot down quickly.

But maybe in that process, it will help you clarify and reinforce it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Mind serves as the medium for our interpretation of our senses, we can see, and then we can think about what we see, when we can hear thoughts in the form of words, we can think about them as well through a process of contemplation. We also have memories, a product of the mind, without our memories of who and what we are, we lose our identity as individuals. To say that we all experience the same mind, is a problem, as the contents of our minds are all different, and we do experience thoughts that are unique to us as individuals. In a greater sense, the mind is a tool that we use to mediate our "inner worlds" with the outside world.

The mind can be said to be "programmed" - so you have a mind, and it is running a program for this universe, so your computer is your brain, your mind is the user-interface, and the universe is a program that your computer is running, so that you can exist in the simulation, the universe being the game-space of the simulation.

Could it be possible to override the simulation and escape to another universe? Perhaps, however, you have to install the correct software!

Finally, the mind allows us to choose, when you think about choice, it is quite advanced, because, in order to choose, you have to first remember what you were about to do, then, make a prediction of what you happen if you made that choice in the first place, then, you have to come up with an alternate choice, in order to direct you to another outcome that you predict to be possible.

It is amazing when you think about it, Newtonian laws say that we will continue in the same direction until another force changes where we go, however, with a mind, you can choose to turn around and walk in the other direction!
edit on 17-10-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

Could it be possible to override the simulation and escape to another universe? Perhaps, however, you have to install the correct software!

Sure, you make sense - But show me a mindless universe and what kind of software makes it run - How do you define or perceive it from a 'mindless' state - i'll accept any universe you can conceive of - but please explainn the mindless one - how does the 'mindless' one function? Where does it exist? I can believe in anythig except a state of mindlessness - I don't know what that means - do you?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView

PROVE IT! What kind if magic proves something existed in a mindless state of non-existence? - or did exist? A world of chaos that suddntly achieved intelligence and definable order will never be proven - no such state can ever be proven to have existed - Chaos achieving a magical order is for the magicians of theism and atheism - Mind needs neither a believer or disbeliever - it is an existential fact !

Let me ask you the same question...

Prove there was a mind before existence....

However this is what we know to be true based upon experimental and Ultra deep scan of the universe.

Korg.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:38 AM
link   
When you say 'mind' do you mean the 'aware space' in which all arises, including thought?
Presently there is sensation.

Without 'thought' there would be just this moment but with 'thought' there seems to be more - which makes a world and universe open up. Really there is just this. But the mind (thought/words, stories) builds and creates the illusion of what is not.

edit on 17-10-2014 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I once read that 'universe' meant 'the one unfolding'.
When the 'one' figures (makes symbols, words, concepts) it seems to take itself out of itself by making believe there is more than the 'one' figuring.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
I once read that 'universe' meant 'the one unfolding'.
When the 'one' figures (makes symbols, words, concepts) it seems to take itself out of itself by making believe there is more than the 'one' figuring.

Not quite - 'the one unfolding' - where does that concept come from? Mind? or something else - what else? Everything you say, do, comprehend, or define are concepts of mind - If they are anythng else, tell what that thing is that exists in a mindless state?
Yes, I studied it all, the Eastern philosophies of Zen and the void, the mystical return to the undefinable 'One', etc. - Amd you know what, just because they accept a false mysticism of a mythical void and/or One does not mean that I [or you] have to accept an empty void - I say it [the One and/or void] never existed and challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Amd you know what, just because they accept a false mysticism of a mythical void and/or One does not mean that I [or you] have to accept an empty void - I say it [the One and/or void] never existed and challenge anyone to prove otherwise.

The void is never empty. The 'void' is emptiness forming as this that is. The emptiness is full of what is but it is also seemingly full of 'what isn't' (the world as something other that an idea forming presently in you as you). The 'mind' is ideas forming.
There is only the forming but it never forms anything so is nothing (void of meaning).

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
i don't know, you couldn't create AI without a computer could you? So lets say the Framework of the Universe had to be established before there could be a mind. Or rather a mind as small as ours. I find the image of the known universe to be troubling. Something bothers me about how we are looking into the past over great distances, are we saying the big bang happened at another part of the universe and we are the newest addition or the latest wrinkle of space's evolution? I guess I am just uninformed about how we could see so far into the past, just by looking farther. seems idk counter intuitive to me. Basically what I am saying is that present time is only NOW on earth and for 360 degrees in all directions all we can see is the past? So we are looking farther away, we are seeing the universe as it was a long time ago, because that light takes so long to travel to our location. I mean I understand that, just something is bugging me. No matter what we look at we are just seeing a hologram, a projection from times past? I think we are lacking in the ability to see the known universe as it is in its present state. Can anyone pinpoint what about this is bugging me cause I can't explain it well. LOL

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Korg Trinity

Now tell me what the word 'existence' means without a mind to define it and give it meaning

And before? What does that mean - I know - it is a construct of the mind - You can't escape - your trapped with a world that can not be comprehended or known to exist without mind - the pre-mind world that came out of nothing - I don't know what that is - except maybe a fantasy of theists, atheists, and Eastern mystics. You might as well believe In OZ and a wizard before a non-existent void that was created or evolved into a mystical out of nothing intelligence - either mind and the intelligence that so manifested and is seen by us always existed or they never existed and indeed we are arguing in nowhere land about nothing.
edit on 17-10-2014 by AlienView because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Is it possible the mind is just a conflagration of intelligently guided energy that makes up the unseen universe?
We are a reflection of forces that control and govern reality. We are the produce of these intelligent energies.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

a reply to: Korg Trinity

Now tell me what the word 'existence' means without a mind to define it and give it meaning

Sure..

It means that matter and energy was present before there was a mind to contemplate it's meaning.

A bit like... the time that existed before you were born....

It's simple really.

Korg.

edit on 17-10-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Guten Morgen- Either way is A-Okay, I don't mind...

namaste

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Sure..

It means that matter and energy was present before there was a mind to contemplate it's meaning.

A bit like... the time that existed before you were born....

It's simple really.

Korg.

Time is a construct of mind. Time is what an apparent something needs to be born and die. But I bet you cannot remember coming into being!! When are you not? You are the constant, you are what never comes or goes.
Until you die it is just an assumption that the world/universe is separate from what you are.

Is a dream ever separate from the dreamer? The dreams may differ but the one who is dreaming the dream scene is constant.
All that appears in the dream is dream scene, the body (sensation) and mind (thoughts/words/ideas) are dreamt. The one that is dreaming is the one constant but will never be found because it cannot be seen.

There seems to be a solid constant world and you might think you arrive and then leave but there is no evidence for this assumption. When you go to sleep at night this apparent world disappears and other dream scenes happen - how do you know for sure that it will ever be different?
Life is but a dream!

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Our universe and all of us, can not have any physical Properties that would not be related to the existence that existed before Our universe was formed. The only difference between Our existing universe and the Space before it; Is the physical difference between them.

If there were no physicall differences, Our existence would be infinite.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join