It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mind is the Only Constant of All Existence

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Korg Trinity

And so can you... looking at the moon or the stars and you are seeing objects that existed in the past.. not the present.

You can only 'know' that they appear to exist when you are looking at them - you can 'assume' that they exist separate to you.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spader
My mind hurts.

Well you can simply accept the current paradigm of the day, be it religion or science, and let yourself be assimilated - You know like 'the Borg' in Star Trek - 'We are the Borg prepare to be assimilated, resistance is futile'. Or you can fight, accept the power and ulimate reality of the mind and see how it really is and what you can do about it. Sometimes resistance is not futile and yes the Sun does not revolve around the Earth - The Earth revolves aroung the Sun - And 'mind' revolves around it all

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Humans were designed to test the limits of reality, designed by intelligent unseen forces that define the framework and structure of our apparent reality. We are the ones that will discover windows first to other galaxies, then to other universes, and when we do that, we will further our understanding and exploration of reality and possibly transcend our perception.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

And so can you... looking at the moon or the stars and you are seeing objects that existed in the past.. not the present.

Please tell me when the moon is being seen?
Can the moon or a picture of the galaxy be seen any other time but now?

Well you see the moon as now. But what you actually see is the past. Because light must first reflect of the moon and to Your eyes.

Light is like a roll of film With information/images. The images of light must travel from the moon and to Your eyes.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: spy66

Well you see the moon as now. But what you actually see is the present. Because light must first reflect of the moon and to Your eyes.

There is not a moon 'over there' - the moon appears as now.
You are now and now is ever presently appearing.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain

Well you see the moon as now. But what you actually see is the present. Because light must first reflect of the moon and to Your eyes.

There is not a moon 'over there' - the moon appears as now.
You are now and now is ever presently appearing.

No one is denying that. What we observe we observe only as now.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

a reply to: Korg Trinity

If there was no time, there could be no space.

I want to ask you a question regarding what you mention abowe.

- Would you accept a time that is a absolute constant? A Space time that is never changing.

Would you agree that changes in matter only occure With in such a Space time?

Thank you, it's a very interesting question to answer.

The answer is no and the reasoning is not as straight forward as one might think because it does not concern matter or energy or in fact dimensions as we experience them. This is because our experience of reality emerges from a much deeper realm often called Quantum foam.

Quantum foam is a description of reality at the planck scale, which is reality at 1.6 x 10-35 metres.

This is an unimaginably small area of space time... the following vid perhaps will give you an idea of just how small that is.

At this level of reality space-time is not smooth, it is a sea of total chaos. What governs here is probability, and it is this level of reality that gives rise to the universe we observe around us.

Given that in effect dimensions at this level of reality don't have much meaning.. what can be proven is that it is the constant changing of this level of reality that gives rise to particles and thus time does exist even at this level of reality.

However, if we were somehow able to just switch off time.. there could be no change, in effect the randomness would be a zero value and the universe at the Planck scale would be completely flat.

Throughout my research and studies over the years I have come to a conclusion that the value Zero is the only potential that is impossible, which explained why there is something rather than nothing.

I also conclude that should energies and mass equivalent of energies be added up in the universe it would cancel out to zero. But since Zero value is an impossibility it means that the universe we see goes through a bounce cycle.

Do you follow?

Korg.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Maybe I've discovered where this is headed?

In 2008, the Institute for Quantum Optics and Quantum Information (IQOQI) in Vienna, determined to a certainty of 80 orders of magnitude that objective reality does not exist by itself and only comes into being when consciously observed.

Evidence for a Digital Universe

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

You cannot separate them like you are trying to do - they are one. You cannot be aware without a thing to be aware of, nor without the will to be aware.

You are needing a force (the Spirit) and a form (the Son).

We take language for granted because we produce it with relative ease, but what is actually happening, is we are seeing our spirit (our desires - the energy within us) and we are translating it into forms/our bodies/our words. And then the cycle continues when someone takes in our forms to witness the spiritual pattern (translation/formulation) of what we have translated, from our spirits, and recognizes the pattern/spiritual form and reproduces it.

God is reproducing his concepts (the awareness of his spirit) - that's what we're all doing.
edit on 10/17/2014 by Bleeeeep because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bleeeeep

You cannot separate them like you are trying to do - they are one. You cannot be aware without a thing to be aware of, nor without the will to be aware.

You are needing a force (the Spirit) and a form (the Son).

We take language for granted because we produce it with relative ease, but what is actually happening, is we are seeing our spirit (our desires - the energy within us) and we are translating it into forms/our bodies/our words. And then the cycle continues when someone takes in our forms to witness the spiritual pattern (translation/formulation) of what we have translated, from our spirits, and recognizes the pattern/spiritual form and reproduces it.

God is reproducing his concepts (the awareness of his spirit) - that's what we're all doing.

What a load of religious claptrap.

Please present your evidence!

Korg.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Your words are images of your awareness -- the awareness of your desire to cling to materialism, and so you felt that you must make a translation/declaration against my spiritual forms/translations because your spirit is against them, as you are a materialist.

Good enough? Do you want me to show you something invisible? I can't - I can only translate the sensations of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Your words are images of your awareness -- the awareness of your desire to cling to materialism, and so you felt that you must make a translation/declaration against my spiritual forms/translations because your spirit is against them, as you are a materialist.

Good enough? Do you want me to show you something invisible? I can't - I can only translate the sensations of it.

Your words are your words... no evidence other than this is what your ideas are about the universe.

The universe does not conform to your personal view and the sooner you realize it the more you will see real opportunities present themselves!

Korg.

edit on 17-10-2014 by Korg Trinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Not my view, but my will, and not my will alone. The forms are just the translations of the awareness of the will/spirit. That is, the forms you see are the spirits translated into images/other sensations - translated into the body(Jesus).

How can you deny it?

Take a look at convergent evolution? What are the life forms converging upon? It's the same awareness of the same spirit (spirit being what you want to call energy, or force, I suppose.) Their spirits change, their awareness because of that, and their bodies being a relfection of the awareness change.

Are your words not the body of your awareness? Is your body and its many forms throughout the day not the image of your awareness? Your image of how to react/act based on how you translate the spiritual forms within you?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Not my view, but my will, and not my will alone. The forms are just the translations of the awareness of the will/spirit. That is, the forms you see are the spirits translated into images/other sensations - translated into the body(Jesus).

How can you deny it?

Take a look at convergent evolution? What are the life forms converging upon? It's the same awareness of the same spirit -- what you want to call energy, or force, I suppose.

Because it is all just make-believe fairy tales without a shred of evidence.

Because science has taught us the universe does not work this way

Because I accept my mortality and have no fear of it.

Because my mind is strong enough not to be hindered by fear mongering!

Korg.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Your words are your words... no evidence other than this is what your ideas are about the universe.

The universe does not conform to your personal view and the sooner you realize it the more you will see real opportunities present themselves!

Korg.

Just as an addition and observation, nor does the universe conform to the scientifically or generally accepted view. A single perception or observation of the the whole is not the whole and does not define it in any way. Do I need to refer to the world is flat yaadayaada...?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TatTvamAsi

Korg.

Just as an addition and observation, nor does the universe conform to the scientifically or generally accepted view. A single perception or observation of the the whole is not the whole and does not define it in any way. Do I need to refer to the world is flat yaadayaada...?

Nor does the scientific community expect the universe to conform to it's views...

The Sciences are not about making reality fit into it's ideas and ideals... they're about discovering the nature of reality by observational analysis of hypothesis. If the hypothesis are not proven by observational experimentation and results cannot be reproduced then the hypotheses are dropped.

Korg.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

If you are so sure mind is a constant, where, what and how is it?

If nothing exists without mind, how are we able to learn new things?

If mind is a constant, why do we think differently and speak differently?

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aphorism

If you are so sure mind is a constant, where, what and how is it?

If nothing exists without mind, how are we able to learn new things?

If mind is a constant, why do we think differently and speak differently?

Or for that matter why can't I think that Mojito I want into existence right this minute!

Korg.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Korg.

Nor does the scientific community expect the universe to conform to it's views...

The Sciences are not about making reality fit into it's ideas and ideals... they're about discovering the nature of reality by observational analysis of hypothesis. If the hypothesis are not proven by observational experimentation and results cannot be reproduced then the hypotheses are dropped.

Korg.

True, but an observation depends on standpoint also. Taking a standpoint, whether religious, scientific or otherwise you sort of prefix the parameters of your inquiry and might be led astray and to the wrong conclusions.

Looking at the old sun revolves around the earth thing, it does so if you fix the observational axis or standpoint on earth instead of the sun. It is not scientifically invalid to fix the axis of reference where you desire and make deductions and observations based on that. It is totally another matter if it is actually happening in that way in reality.

posted on Oct, 17 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Korg.

Korg.

True, but an observation depends on standpoint also. Taking a standpoint, whether religious, scientific or otherwise you sort of prefix the parameters of your inquiry and might be led astray and to the wrong conclusions.

Looking at the old sun revolves around the earth thing, it does so if you fix the observational axis or standpoint on earth instead of the sun. It is not scientifically invalid to fix the axis of reference where you desire and make deductions and observations based on that. It is totally another matter if it is actually happening in that way in reality.

People thought the sun revolved around the earth because from their perspective it does and it was pure observation... it was only when tested using the Scientific method that it was proven otherwise.

Science is about Discovery... Religion is about fear of death and organised control of people. The two are not even in the same country let alone ball park.

Korg.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join