It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Oh, there are plenty of Muhammad haters around here.......but they tend to be Christian Republicans. Why is that?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified
Doesn't work both ways sorry
with an attack on what billions call their god
and those defending it
I am neither a believer nor a disbeliever
to me it's tacky and malevolent
again, what's the point?

edit on 5-10-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Agree but we have the text and see how some of today's different denominations come at it from different angles . This is a great vid that looks at the gospels in a more critical way but leaves out any attempt to interpret them .It's all in the numbers of the time ..
a reply to: Akragon

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
The bible thumpers will say Satan did this, or Jesus is testing you...

In any topic but religion a new paradigm would have long since been adopted.

I don't know about anyone thumping bibles( really hate all these tedious repetitious expressions), but for my self I think it shows information was not to be had until later, it seems to be about time that we will get some new information.

Daniel 12:4
But you, Daniel, shut up the words and seal the book, until the time of the end. Many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall increase.”

Matthew 24:14
And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Well I'm not a Republican so I wouldn't know. Why the deflection? And if there are plenty of Muhammad haters here then where are all the threads? All I hear is Jesus this and Jesus that.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Now this is not the first time I have heard such argument however

It's been known for a pretty long time now. And, to anyone with common sense, it pretty much lays to rest the idea that Jesus was real. It's a story. Plain and simple. Nothing inherently wrong in that, as stories are great. However, anyone pretending that it is anything but a story is either blind, or has an agenda.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

No, we are just frightened that we KNOW the most well meaning people, are contributing to the destruction of us all, and will offer NO help, and will actually try to destroy anything good that comes along to make a change.

There is no doubt that corrupt religions have helped to pull apart and destroy.

That is why there is a repeated message that the truth is written in the heart of man. I don't think anyone was ever supposed to create a building called a church, this only serves to have people focus on the material.

Hebrews 10:16
"This is the covenant I will make with them after that time, says the Lord. I will put my laws in their hearts, and I will write them on their minds."

I am pretty sure most people know this and yet their religions seems focused on making that building holy when it is not. Shrines, objects, all lead to missing the message that is no where to be seen but in the heart.

In the Bible the word church is a translation of the Greek word ekklesia , meaning "a calling out." It never refers to a building or meeting place, but always to people, the ones "called out" of the world's society by God calling them into His service. The Church of the Bible is not a cold, stone building, but a group of warm and loving people specially chosen by God.

www.ucg.org...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

its interesting because in all this time, we have never heard a word from satan. seems someone has already deleted HIS words from the record. i wonder why...

But I think you are wrong it is simply because he uses many names and he is also trying to leave his word in our hearts and minds.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Chronogoblin

For some reason, Christianity is the most hated religion in the World, and no one really can tell you why. Why do they hate God? They just do. Because that's the way the Enemy wants you to feel. Who's being controlled again? Who's being told what to think, and what to feel? Mmhmm...

That's a very good point. Where are all the Muhammad and Buddha haters?

You are leaving out Jews,but really all Abrahamic religions have this thing about them that despite sharing commonality and even origins they hate each other with a passion, but they all agree on hating so called non people of the book all three murdered their way across this planet, yes they are non believers in the book that do horrible things to appease the Gods/Goddess like the Aztecs and other Meso-Americans the Nile Valley Kings would put their entire court to death to serve him in the after life and so did the Chinese,but Jews/Muslims and Christians did not only a number on each other but where ever they went they wreak havoc,at least the pagans usually let you worshiped your own sky god in peace.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Seriously , I've never understood the motive of science vs religion
If a book or person explains/shows how to be kind and understanding then why knock it?
See the forest, not the tree..
both science and religion have noble foundations

Why knock it? Because I don't want to live a lie if that is what Christianity is. I want my life to be worth more than that. I want to know the truth so that I know how I should be living my life, to make it worth all it can be.

I don't want to be duped by powerful people using a fable to control me if that is what Christianity is.

I don't want the plethora of wars that are fought over Christianity if Christianity is meaningless.

There are plenty of philosophies out there that promote kindness and understanding if that is what you are looking for.

Why knock science if it is just method for searching for the truth.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

That doesn't really answer what I said.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Good point. I can agree, Klass.

If we accept that as being true, then can we say that the rabid anti-theists are no better than the extreme fundamentalists? They are exactly what they are claiming to fight against?

Yes. The truly rabid and war-like anti-theists are no better than their enemy. I have been brewing a thread on this very topic for a while. But it's not going to be easy to articulate it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

There is a wide variety of anti-Islamic threads on this site. Hell, you can find anti-Islamic crap on threads that have nothing to do with Religion.....check out the immigration threads. The people usually spouting-off about the evils of Muslims tend to be Christian Republicans. That's just an observation. I'm not bashing either Republicans or Christians.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

I look forward to it. Hope it's controversial and makes people a bit uncomfortable.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Char-Lee

That doesn't really answer what I said.

I can't see how it didn't. There are tons of written records coming from the point of view of the evil in the world, they simply don't call themselves satan by name.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Ok, so, that's supposed to be logical?!

Not even close!

Is that guy actually implying that if someone is not found in 126 historical texts, then that person never existed? That just doesn't make sense, it's beyond ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
A good comparison from modern text and ancient text you might like to look at the dead sea schrools and especially the book of Isaiah . Do be sure to keep a tab as to the differences and give us the numbers . a reply to: suz62

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Emma3

Is that guy actually implying that if someone is not found in 126 historical texts, then that person never existed? That just doesn't make sense, it's beyond ridiculous.

No. He's implying that someone as renowned as Jesus is purported to have been in his day, is not found in 126 relevant historical texts, and may lend credence to the idea that he, and his life are a fabrication.

Obviously, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, but it is a noteworthy find, nevertheless.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

He can't jump into conclusions that can't be drawn in this case.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
May I suggest to you God haters to readfoxe's book of martyrs ? Then ask yourself why ppl for over two HUNDRED and fifty YEARS would lay their life down for somebody that "never existed". Nine different crusades, spanning from Nero all the way to just before Constantine.

Deny ignorance? Puh-lease.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join