It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Personally, I believe he did exist........by todays standards he would probably be classified as a terrorist.

Given that Jesus is mentioned in the Koran, can we conclude that Islam venerates a myth and has it's basis in lies? Mary (his mother) cops a mention in the Koran too - way more times than in the Bible.

If we postulate this myth called Christ and deduce that he did not exist the way Rome suggests he did, then I find it interesting that Islam shares many similarities about Jesus, even down to the different accounts pertaining to his death (or not) on the cross.

If he did not exist then the religions of Christianity and Islam are simply control systems for society.

"Love one another and do as you would be done by" - a message for all of humanity, irrespective of the messenger.

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence - state sanctioned religion is the antithesis of individual spirituality.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Of course Jesus never existed. God doesn't exist, therefore Jesus can't exist.

Simple really.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
For those of you saying that he wasn't famous until long afterward, how do you explain his stories being told for decades before being put into scripture? An estimated 40-60 years after Jesus's death is when the earliest parts of the New Testament were written. Most people alive at the same time as Jesus would be dead by the time the New Testament was written. So who were the witnesses to these events? And who did they pass them on to? And if he wasn't famous, how come? His stories were told orally for decades. The gospel describing the birth of Jesus was written around 100 years after his death.

So it doesn't make sense. He wasn't famous, yet his stories were told steadily for 100+ years before being put on paper? Which is he? Because as far as I'm concerned, having stories told about you for decades makes your sorta famous. If you're famous enough for people to tell your story for 100 years, you're famous enough to be written about. And he wasn't written about.

Edit:
a reply to: Sublimecraft
The Quran was written 600 years after Jesus died. How is the Quran evidence of anything?
edit on 5-10-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

You people keep hoping this is the case. Well dream on
and run right out to buy this jerks book. Did it ever occure t
o any of those you pay so well, to feed you this bull####. That
any where Christians or Christianity is mentioned? Christ
is also mentioned?

If anything so deserves to be expelled to the LOL forum?
It's this exact empty headed ignorance right here.

Total fail even at life. Because someone is making money by
telling you what you want to hear. Despite what the truth is.
But I don't give a squat what any of you believe personally.
The time of gentiles is over and I no longer have too.
Good luck.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickinVa

Of course Jesus never existed. God doesn't exist, therefore Jesus can't exist.

Simple really.

I can't believe someone actually gave you a star for this...

Thats some interesting logic you have there. It's sort of like saying "Unicorns don't exist, therefore horses can't exist". The existence of God has no bearing whatsoever on the argument for a historical Jesus. I'm amazed I even have to explain this to someone.

Did you watch the video posted on page 6 of this thread? I am probably wasting my time, as I doubt you will bother, but here it is reposted for your convenience:

You should watch it. You might learn something.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I'm amazed I even have to explain this to someone.

If there is no God, then there is no "Son of God" either, right?

If Jesus is God, but there is no God, well then.............

I'm amazed I even have to explain this to someone!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
You're kidding right? What exactly does God's existence have to do with whether or not Jesus was a real, historical person?

Let's assume for the sake of argument, that the Atheists are correct, and there is no God. We still exist. Do you see where I'm going with this? Whether or not a person existed in history has nothing to do with theistic arguments. Once you establish that Jesus was a real living person who walked the earth 2000 years ago, then you can debate whether or not He was who he claimed to be, and whether He was the Son of God, or just some crazy religious radical.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a 'mythical character'

Writer Michael Paulkovich has claimed that there is little evidence for a person known as Jesus existing in history
Jesus is thought to have lived from about 7BC to 33AD in the Roman Empire
However Paulkovich says he found little to no mention of the supposed messiah in 126 texts written in the first to third centuries
Only one mention of Jesus was present, in a book by Roman historian Josephus Flavius, but he says this was added by later editors
He says this is surprising despite the ‘alleged worldwide fame’ of Jesus
And this has led him to believe that Jesus was a 'mythical character'

This is ignorance at its greatest. But lets address the quote from Josephus. It was not inserted, but slightly modified, as shown from the Arabic version of Josephus. From Regarding the quote of Josephus on Jesus:

there is no proof that such insertions into the text were ever made. They may be authentic. The "Testimonium" is found in every copy of Josephus in existence. Second, Josephus mentions many other biblically-relevant occurrences that are not in dispute (see outline below). This adds validity to the claim that Josephus knew about Jesus and wrote about Him since he also wrote about other New Testament things. Nevertheless, though there may be some Christian insertions into the text, we can still reconstruct what may have been the original writing.

Two researchers (Edwin Yamauchi and John P. Meier)1 have constructed a copy of the "Testimonium" with the probable insertions in brackets and underlined. The following paragraph is Yamauchi's:

“About this time there lived Jesus, a wise man [if indeed one ought to call him a man.] For he was one who wrought surprising feats and was a teacher of such people as accept the truth gladly. He won over many Jews and many of the Greeks. [He was the Christ.] When Pilate, upon hearing him accused by men of the highest standing amongst us, had condemned him to be crucified, those who had in the first place come to love him did not give up their affection for him. [On the third day he appeared to them restored to life, for the prophets of God had prophesied these and countless other marvelous things about him.] And the tribe of the Christians, so called after him, has still to this day not disappeared.”

Though this may be a correct assessment of the "Testimonium," we should note that an Arabic version (10th Century) of the "Testimonium" (translated into English) is in basic agreement with the existing Josephus account:

"At this time there was a wise man who was called Jesus. And his conduct was good, and he was known to be virtuous. And many people from among the Jews and the other nations became his disciples. Pilate condemned him to be crucified and to die. And those who had become his disciples did not abandon his discipleship. They reported that he had appeared to them after his crucifixion and that he was alive; accordingly, he was perhaps the Messiah concerning whom the prophets have recounted wonders."2
The Arabic version was copied from a Greek version.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
This is just pure BS. It has been going on for ages. Christ was not a mythical character. The evidence telling the many stories of Jesus is more accurate historically, then this scholar's contrived garbage.
If you are biased against Jesus existing, then only choose that which supports your claim, or simply create it. Just like people do here quite often.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
If Jesus was a created story, then maybe Horus was real?
After all, he was long before Jesus. Had deciples, virgin birth, performed miracles, so on and so forth.

What's more folks back then believed in his divinity as faithfully as modern folks believe in Christ,however did an historical Christ exist minus the Horus attributes is difficult to tell, and would the faithful still believe in his divinity without those attributes,his virgin birth is not new,the titles of his mother per the Catholic Church is nothing new and what he preached was nothing new yet we called those folks before his rise pagans, someone said he is to be found in the Koran well that's true but the Koran based alot of it's stuff off Christian and Jewish works and that is why they are called people of the book, the final step however was never taken as they exclude non people of the book which they based their work from ,the Nile valley and Mesopotamian religious lit, all they did was to add their own flavor to it,shrill denials cannot change this.
edit on 5-10-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

The evidence telling the many stories of Jesus is more accurate historically, then this scholar's contrived garbage.

First of all, Nazareth was not a city or a town during the first century, it was a funerary with a few scattered family farms about. Secondly, it was a part of Galilee which wasn't subject to Roman census'. Then, we have archaeological that data stating that Bethlehem wasn't inhabited during the first century either.

No is NO "accurate" account of the "virgin birth" and no historical data proving Herod's slaughter of innocents.

Don't even get me started on graves opening and dead people walking about, an impossible eclipse and unrecorded set earthquakes, the supposed resurrection, how Jesus walked about, eating, and presumably using the pot too, and then floated away in a cloud.....

Accurate history my $$$

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Some novalist says it and everyone runs with the same
false understanding of truth the Romans enjoyed. Like
pigs from a gun see how they fly. While solid science
is becoming more convinced all the time. Varifying more
pieces every day.

I'm amazed I even have to explain this to someone!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Lots of guys named Jesus existed. Jeeze, Josephus mentioned, I believe no less than 12 individuals named Jesus.

But was there a magic man/god named Jesus that was born from a virgin named Mary in Bethlehem, from Nazareth?

Most definitely not.

edit on 5-10-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: schadenfreude
May I suggest to you God haters to readfoxe's book of martyrs ? Then ask yourself why ppl for over two HUNDRED and fifty YEARS would lay their life down for somebody that "never existed". Nine different crusades, spanning from Nero all the way to just before Constantine.

Deny ignorance? Puh-lease.

Are you kidding?? How can you lay your life down for a God, my goodness gracious, it is clear that subconsciously these people know everything is wrong in the Universe, and they desperately make a choice they believe they have to, and stick to it, however stupid it is.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

How does the shroud of Turin prove that Jesus Christ was a real person?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well then, Islam should not exist then... Back to the drawing board...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
It was my understanding that it was agreed that he did exist, by the Jews and Muslims. The question and doubt was whether or not he did what was claimed by the Christians. I could be totally wrong admittedly, and my education on the matter was provided by a Catholic school so there is a bias inherent in what they were teaching. One thing that I think can't be argued coherently is that he certainly didn't look like what Catholics portray him to look like. I think he was most certainly brown skinned and not "white". Either way I believe that the bible and current teachings of the history of Jesus and the religion of Catholicism is full oflies and inconsistency.

Once thing I have always wondered, (assuming Jesus existed) is did he have a last name before he was given the last name Christ? Was it just "Jesus son of Joseph" or "Jesus of Nazareth" or did he have a name like "Jesus Halabi" or something similar?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
This is just pure BS. It has been going on for ages. Christ was not a mythical character. The evidence telling the many stories of Jesus is more accurate historically, then this scholar's contrived garbage.
If you are biased against Jesus existing, then only choose that which supports your claim, or simply create it. Just like people do here quite often.

You are right, he was NOT a mythical character, not a real character, and was not mentioned as anyone believes in the last hundreds of years to have been a character.

And what's more, it is clear that whatever efforts this character made, the effects had absolutely NO IMPACT on the world, since the exact same things in the same percentages carry on, and the people still have no real clue as to ANYTHING of what is going on here, or anywhere else.

The sheer astonishment I have derived since a small child sitting in church hearing these insane stories has been most amusing, and incredibly damaging, but now, we see why this has gone on , and who is behind all of these lies, those who hide the truth are the same ones who claim they know it!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Xretsim
And there are others who wrote that Josephus was in on the joke .

Forget everything you may have learned in Sunday School. The New Testament was written by Roman patricians, among them The Calpurnius Piso family that was descended from one of the generals in the army of Alexander the Great. The family included such famous people as Cleopatra, the Ptolemys, Pythagoras, Flavius Josephus, and the Roman Emperor Titus Flavius Vespasiani.

All part of the Flavain Piso family.
Possible cruel jokes

Loaves and Fishes
When Roman soldiers laid siege to a city they used a technique they called "loaves and fishes." They would bake bread with fecal matter mixed into it and amputate the penises of captured citizens of the city and throw the "loaves and fishes" over the besieged city's walls. It is well known that Roman slang for the word 'penis' was 'fish'. It is no coincidence that Jesus performs the "miracle" of the loaves and fishes. It is a cruel Roman joke.

Water Into Wine
When a Roman needed to attend to nature he or she would say something like "Time to turn water into wine." This was a joke, of course, for the act of urination was something like transforming water magically into a kind of 'wine' - urine. Knowing this, can you ever again think that Jesus turning water into wine at the wedding at Capernaum was a "miracle?" It was written into the New Testament by the Romans so that everyone in Rome, except the slaves of course, would get a belly laugh.
Why Jesus has 12 disciples.
Julius Caesar had been named Pontifex Maximus in 73 BCE. In the ancient Roman state religion (before Christianity) the Pontifex Maximus was the leader of the twelve Pontiffs, who were the chief priests of their day. That's why Jesus has twelve disciples. Jesus Christ displaces Julius Caesar as Pontifex Maximus, and in this way writes Caesar out of history. Check out the career of Julius Caesar for information about his activities in Asia Minor, and especially in Pontus.
www.fargonasphere.com...

And who was the one who made Christianity a state religion??..non other than Constantine the Great or Flavius Valerius Aurelius Constantinus Augustus, son of Marcus Flavius Valerius Constantius Herculius Augustus.
The same family. going back centuries. I bid you all klik the link but take your time there is alot to cover and digest.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tedgoat
Saw a lot of info about Jesus not existing and to be honest it all makes sense. Jesus and God being the Sun I have no problem with.

I watched some videos with Santos Boracci. He's a clever guy and all the Roman books he has read in which he quotes they all say Jesus never existed and he was just made up fictional character to help with the controlling mechanism of Christianity!

But what' the point of saying it? Christians are so deluded by their indoctrinated religion that they will never accept anyone saying their saviour has never existed. It's like saying to a kid that Santa Claus is not real. You'll never get anywhere! All you'll get is crying, screaming and tantrums!

I'm an ex Christian by the way! I know what it was like when I was shoved into Church ever SUNday by my parents.

Actually, you can`t be an ex-Christian if you were never one in the first place. Going to church doesn't make you a Christian.
edit on 5-10-2014 by VVV88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join