It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CryHavoc
It's been suggested a number of times in the past that the Council of Nicea created Jesus.

it has also been suggested a number of times that the earth is hollow and houses a hitherto undiscovered civilization.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a 'mythical character'

Key word there: "historical texts"...

History Is a WEAPON.

It is also a VERY effective form of mind control.

Historical 'sources' and TRUTH have very little in common.

"History is more or less bunk." ~ Henry Ford

"The falsification of history has done more to impede human development than any one thing known to mankind" - Rousseau

“the biggest cover-up in the history of mankind is the history of mankind itself”

“There are two histories: official history, lying, and then secret history, where you find the real causes of events.” ~ Honoré de Balzac

edit on 5-10-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

History Is a WEAPON.

It is also a VERY effective form of mind control.

Historical 'sources' and TRUTH have very little in common.

coming from the guy who regularly quotes from a "history book" aka the bible. i suppose that doesnt use historical sources or youd be demonizing that as well. how's that foot taste?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Nearly all historians, whether Christians or not, accept that Jesus existed.

"If Jesus did not exist, it makes Christianity a much more incredible phenomena than if he did."

~ James Hannam

This is a TON of information about the man we know as Jesus and all of it comes from witnesses who were HOSTILE to the truth claims of Christianity!

Is There Any Evidence for Jesus Outside the Bible?

“Contemporary New Testament scholars have typically viewed their [i.e. Jesus-mythers] arguments as so weak or bizarre that they relegate them to footnotes, or often ignore them completely....The theory of Jesus' nonexistence is now effectively dead as a scholarly question....Biblical scholars and classical historians now regard it as effectively refuted.” (Robert Van Voorst, Jesus Outside the New Testament, 6, 14, 16)

“There is simply nothing intrinsically improbable about a historical Jesus; the New Testament alone (or at least portions of it) are reliable enough to provide evidence of a historical Jesus. On this point, it is important to note that even G.A. Wells, who until recently was the champion of the christ-myth hypothesis, now accepts the historicity of Jesus on the basis of 'Q'.” (Jeffery Jay Lowder of Internet Infidels)

"Here is a fact: There is far more evidence for the existence of Jesus than for virtually anyone in ancient history. Anyone who peddles that “Christ-myth” theory, does NOT do so on the ground of historical evidence. The fact of Jesus Christ in history is as axiomatic for an unbiased historian as is the fact of Julius Caesar. Get this straight. It is not historians who promote the “Christ-myth” notion. ...his alleged words and actions were documented by numerous people." LINK

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
One thing i'd like to get straight here. Not believing in Jesus doesn't mean your an atheist at all. I believe Jesus is a metaphor for the sun, the 12 disciples are metaphors for the 12 constellations, Mary Margdelen is the moon, Peter is Jupiter, and a the whole story is actually an ancient science told symbolically about the stars, the planets, the sun, the moon, etc. , and the seasonal influence it has on our consciousness over time.

I believe there is a creator grand architect who designed the geometric laws of the universe and that consciousness creates physical reality and not the other way around.

I believe we are all part of that creator and you can tap into that consciousness through mediation.

Not believing in Jesus has actually freed my mind from the mental slavery of Catholic religion i was raised in.

I believe all religions are a means of controlling peoples minds who don't have the courage and curiosity to look for answers themselves. "Jesus" said it himself, don't cast pearls to swine...

Why does the vatican have a giant statue of a pinecone in the middle of the yard. (they know the power of the pineal gland and they are hiding it from you)

Not believing in Jesus doesn't mean your an atheist or a bad person. Believing in Jesus gives you an excuse to be a bad person because you can just ask the priest to absolve you of your sins.

I believe that most major religions are Saturn worshipping pedophile rings at the very top, who are controlling the publics mind through mass media and social manipulation, sending people to wars for their private gains and keeping people as spiritually ignorant as possible so they can run away with the power and money.

I believe religion and Jesus are used as a tool to get YOU to stop questioning anything more than what they tell you to think.

edit on 5-10-2014 by booyakasha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

Your link is to a site run by a man who seems to believe in prophecies. Um, worrying...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

The story of Jesus is an amalgamation of age old tales which came before and have imbedded themselfs in the human psyche of various tribes in that region and across the world, and for those reasons it was and has came to be what it is today, in the roman era when they were expanding and needed to keep hold of a variety of different peoples and lands, especially when the old way was starting to crumble, it was something which held sway over peoples minds, and so it was implemented on a mass level, hence Rome sudden and quick change when they could not contain the whole movement. So yes just as much evidence if not more of Jesus never existing as there is of Jesus existing though mainly through third hand accounts of people who heard from other people, who once heard or read something about it.

But are people really that surprised? Especially considering that most of what we know of history amounts to educated queses based on mostly false evidence, and groups with there special interests. Besides the truth is inconsequential, and people need there idols, if it is Jesus or anybody or anything else, the general outcomes are pretty much the same. Funny no?

Its like Seneca the younger once said..."Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful" I suppose people still think that you can not pull a con over a mass amount of people, but it has been proven that its much easier to fool a thousand people or even a million then it is to fool one person. Group dynamics among humans and such and the control of that has so far from ancient Greece or Rome till today been a primary factor in such things.

And like today, even again in the middle east like ages past, religion is merely a thing that certain groups or people ride on there way to the top of the heap, even ISIL is using it, and every other civilization have had there own or version of it, the three mass Abrahamic religions of today, Christianity, Islam, Judaism,, are merely just different flavors of the same thing which was done even before Egypt, its the same tale only with a few different twists and folds, for the most part religions are puppet shows created for the masses back in ancient days to keep them busy.

When Rome became christian it was not something which just happened because an emperor saw a cross across the sky, it was a calculated risk they had to take to hold on and better control the different and often times at conflict peoples and nations in the mass of its empire. And when the Ottoman empire was at its peak, well what do you think was the almost copy past defacto memtic relition at its disposal? Islam, off course resonated with the bulk and mass of its citizens. And today? Well its still going on strong but we also have new religion to keep the masses occupied, politics being one. But lets just say things have evolved in that department with the times.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Even when Jesus was on earth most people rejected him. Even his own people. It is of no surprise people continue to try and reject that he existed or that he was the son of God.

Yet the Biblical record is clear, Jesus did live. He came to earth from heaven, as God's only begotten son, he emptied he pre-human spirit body and was born a human of a woman Mary.

He is the light of the world and the hope of the nations.

That he was rejected back then by the masses and eventually murdered by Jehovah's religious leaders in Jerusalem, (the High Priest Caipahs because the main protagonist against him) it is of no surprise the same today happens that people preach from their pulpit that he did not exist and was not God's son, nor is he mankind's hope and salvation.

Now, religious leaders of Christendom have twisted scripture, and rulers have manipulated the people to their own ends by using religion.

But that doesn't mean what Jesus preached was wrong. He lived a perfect life and set the perfect example of humanity. If all were to live by his rules there would be no more war, their would be no more crime.

And Jesus lived the life. While today rulers are usually aloof and uncaring, Jesus came from a humble background on earth, being raised by poor parents. He understands the poor. Not only that, he has a love of humanity that surpasses human comprehension. That is why Paul said:

(Ephesians 3:19) . . .and to know the love of the Christ, which surpasses knowledge. . .

When Jesus was hungry and tired, he never turned anyone away looking for help. He cured the sick, the lame, the dumb, the blind. He raised the dead back to life, and he fed the multitudes with just a little food. And with a word he commanded the elements.

He lived for the people, gave all his time and energy to the down-trodden and broken-hearted. He stood up to the hypocritical religious leaders, and showed surpassing love to all. He accepted the sinners, prostitutes and crooks, thieves, and tax-collectors, without judging them.

No wonder Jesus said:

(Matthew 11:28-30) . . .Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for yourselves. For my yoke is kindly, and my load is light.

When Jesus' dear friend Lazarus died, he returned to him and saw his sisters crying over him, even though he knew he had returned to bring Lazarus back to life, seeing Lazarus' sisters crying moved him to tears, because he felt empathy for the people:

(John 11:33-35) . . .When Jesus saw her weeping and the Jews who had come with her weeping, he groaned within himself and became troubled. 34 He said: “Where have you laid him?” They said to him: “Lord, come and see.” 35 Jesus gave way to tears.

That is the type of ruler humankind needs. One that not only has the ability to cure all sickness, pain, sorrow, and even death, one that can control the elements, one that can feed everyone. But one that does NOT abuse his power and authority. One that is humble and meek, one that loves humankind, and one that is willing to die even for a stranger:

(John 15:13) . . .No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends.

(John 3:16) “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

That is who Jesus is. He is real. And he soon will come as a powerful king in heaven to wage war against wicked mankind. He will be the champion of the orphan and widow, the righteous who have been down-trodden. He will execute righteousness and justice upon the earth. And then there will be peace, and no more war, famine, disease, natural disasters or death.

This is the hope of humanity.

True religions have mocked his name and abused his name, and that of his Father, but they too will be held accountable for their actions.

(Isaiah 11:3-5) . . .And he will find delight in the fear of Jehovah. He will not judge by what appears to his eyes, Nor reprove simply according to what his ears hear.  4 He will judge the lowly with fairness, And with uprightness he will give reproof in behalf of the meek ones of the earth. He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth And put the wicked to death with the breath of his lips.  5 Righteousness will be the belt around his waist, And faithfulness the belt of his hips.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: schadenfreude

This isn't " a select few" like Jim Jones & his ilk, this all happened within a generation of a person that "supposedly never existed" & it was thousands upon thousands, not a "few nuts".

Thousands of years later, yes a case can be made for FAITH, but when it came to a time of recent memory when one could ask someone, anyone, "Did this guy actually exist, did these things occur? Would these ppl die the most gruesome deaths, on a LARK, or a GUESS? And more than once, more than twice?

I know ppl are stupid, I get that. Look around the world today, see the things ppl take a TRUTH, and it makes me wonder why God died at all, but that ppl would knowingly & gladly give their lives on a MYTH?

Come on, that strains credibility & gullibility.

Then your point is, if enough people are willing to die for someone they've never met, but believe strongly that person existed, and that persons ideals were "gospel", then that person must have existed. The sheer number of deaths prove it.

Note that I personally am not saying Jesus never existed. Though I do question whether the bible and the man are even remotely similar, if he did exist. What I am saying is, using the death of thousands who died for their belief in a man they never met as proof of his existence, is poor logic at best. A hundred books on xtian martyrs would not prove Jesus existed. It would only prove that many people were/are willing to die for what they believe to be true.

edit on 10/5/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/5/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

No human could invent such a humble and meek person as Jesus was. Napoleon, a commander of men, and a mover of nations made this astute observation about Jesus:

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

Nowhere in any text made by any man has anyone even remotely come near the personality of Jesus Christ. How could he have been invented by man, when no one is remotely humble enough, or loving enough to have imagined such a person?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

I think there is very little doubt that Jesus existed. Why would 15,000 manuscripts be written if he was made up? Why would people go to this length to write about a fictional character? Muhammad existed, did he not? Then you have Christmas, a Greek using BC, so many current names deriving from the Bible, etc.

The only debate is really whether he performed those miracles or not.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Chris White created a pretty decent video on this subject:

"Is there any evidence outside of the bible that proves from a historical view if Jesus really did exist or was he just just a mythical figure like Santa Clause? Chris White provides all the extra-biblical evidence that completely destroys any doubt in the existence of a literal Jesus Christ. There are over 4 times as many sources for Jesus' life & deeds than for Tiberius Caesar's. If one is going to doubt the existence of Jesus, one must completely reject the existence of Tiberius Caesar."

The non-Christian sources are important as they had nothing to gain by their admissions. On the other hand, the Christian witness had everything to lose - many paying for their testimony with their lives.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Akragon

Jesus most definitely did exist.... but likely not as Christianity makes him out to be...

'likely' is a word that denotes a certain amount of speculation. is there any reason to take your word as more than this?

Sure...

Compare the gospels with the writing of Paul and decide for yourself who the founder of Christianity was...

Don't take my word for it... read for yourself

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: iSomeone
a reply to: Klassified

No human could invent such a humble and meek person as Jesus was. Napoleon, a commander of men, and a mover of nations made this astute observation about Jesus:

"I know men and I tell you that Jesus Christ is no mere man. Between Him and every other person in the world there is no possible term of comparison. Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne, and I have founded empires. But on what did we rest the creation of our genius? Upon force. Jesus Christ founded His empire upon love; and at this hour millions of men would die for Him."

Nowhere in any text made by any man has anyone even remotely come near the personality of Jesus Christ. How could he have been invented by man, when no one is remotely humble enough, or loving enough to have imagined such a person?

How do you know he was such a humble and meek person? Because your bible tells you so. Correct?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
If only I could convince my family that Christianity is a total fabrication. Unfortunately for myself and them they have totally invested into this belief system. The money and time they've spent on this that's been completely wasted is tragic. They also do their duty to hate everyone the Old Testament tells them to hate just as everyone else around them does.

I think of life as one big joke that I have to sit through for several decades. Its the only way I remain sane on this world.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If Jesus was a created story, then maybe Horus was real?
After all, he was long before Jesus. Had deciples, virgin birth, performed miracles, so on and so forth.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
The U-know-whos have hated Jesus since his birth.
Even their own literature testifies to his existence.
Lately, however, since they have gained control of most media in the past 100 years, they have tried many different approaches to discredit Christianity, including this "there is no evidence of his existence" proposition.

The elimination of Christianity and its male dominated family, and the elimination of private property are all part of their plot to gain total control.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grossac
It doesn't matter if he existed or not. The message that is said is VERY good. It's just another distraction.. Keep your mind focused. As quantum physics has proven " With enough faith, a man can move mountains". WE are the gods. We are the creators of our own universe.

It can also be used for evil if you look at history. Everything from what happened in South America and likewise in other parts to witch trials and the inquisition.

So the good and bad of religion all balances out in the end. The ppl who question the motives of those who want to "expose" Christianity have no right to say they shouldn't be allowed to. If they can't prove it then let that speak for itself otherwise deny ignorance!

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hopefully when researching his name, they used his real name of Yeshua Ben yosef?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Does the author take into account the area in which Jesus administered? Why would the writers be versed in what was going on there at that time? Would Steven King, Michio Kaku, or any other well know writer know what is currently going on in rural Podunk Idaho?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join