It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Jesus NEVER existed': Writer finds no mention of Christ in 126 historical texts and says he was a

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What I don't understand, is why some non-believers are so concerned about "proving" Jesus didn't exist. What's in it for them?

Are they trying to tear down one set of beliefs to validate their own belief system?

Perhaps they are frightened that Jesus may have actually existed and that threatens their worldview?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
What I don't understand, is why some non-believers are so concerned about "proving" Jesus didn't exist. What's in it for them?

Are they trying to tear down one set of beliefs to validate their own belief system?

Perhaps they are frightened that Jesus may have actually existed and that threatens their worldview?

I guess because of their empty lives?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Nah, it is just the blatant honest facts that we can see these religions serve to maintain status quo, to stop COLD the advancement of the beings born here, so that they can continue onwards, always hoping and believing, that something good is around the corner.

Hidden within the claims of God, and Devil, they keep the eternal struggle going, lest we put a stop too it.

Although now, some have decided that the truly terrible nature of this trap must be sprung, and nothing these GODS or DEVILS are going to do about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I fear that may be the case.

Also, I think I should disclose that I am agnostic. I sit the fence on most things religious. But I do believe that there was a man named Jesus that existed and was crucified by the Romans.

In my view, it doesn't validate the words in the bible or the religion as a whole. It just means that the man existed.

There's nothing wrong with that and I am not threatened by that possibility.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I can't understand why, in this type of discussion, many people can't accept the Bible as historically accurate?

Archeologists have found lots of evidence that many of Old and New Testament stories are for the most part factual. Of course, as in any written history, there are bound to be inaccuracies, but how much proof is needed? Does the Bible have to be 100% accurate, in every discipline, to be accepted as a historical document?

Also, if there is little written evidence of Christ in Roman and Egyptian records, consider how little of their records we have left today and that during that time, they probably cared less about some small backwater Jewish cult when it began.

I'd like to see these doubting Thomas people put all written historical documents to the same scrutiny and then think they can have any history left worth believing in. The most accurate historical documents are probably business receipts and inventory lists, I bet none of them mention Christ.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

No, we are just frightened that we KNOW the most well meaning people, are contributing to the destruction of us all, and will offer NO help, and will actually try to destroy anything good that comes along to make a change.

I maintain that Christians cause much havoc on the earth while being totally mislead, as with any religion, those who believe in something that does not believe in them.

The tiny box in which all your existence is bound into, gets smaller still when combined with these clever teachings, and notice how the percentages of beliefs are always maintained precisely across the globe.

If this Jesus exists, none of you would believe it when you see the Second Coming, since you all have been taught that you somehow know what to look for.

Much concern should be had, that the sheep are being led to the slaughter, and that they faithfully want to!

And the fact that no real effort to understand this Universe or any part of Creation without indoctrination, is embraced as being OF GOD, which is disgusting, and will be stopped.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

2 Peter 3:3-4

Knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.”

edit on 5-10-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
Religion has nothing to do with the plundering of natural resources around the globe
but religion is often if not always to blame

edit on 5-10-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chronogoblin
Never ceases to amaze me, how many people not only willingly disbelieve, but go out of their way to convince others of their disbelief. Why? Because misery loves company, and they don't want to feel alone in their sentiments. First off, if you don't believe in the Divinity of Christ, then that's your choice. However, that doesn't mean that he is a fiction, simply because you WANT him to be.

People always tout the "Christianity stole things from other religions." Well, since most of you are atheists, you're not going to like the answer, but it's the truth. The Enemy of Man took the ideals of Christianity, having been in existence since the beginning, and warped them into multitudes of other faiths, in an effort to produce exactly what came about, doubt in the Lord the true faith, and God himself. It would be more accurate to state, that other religions stole from Christianity.

As for the seeming lack of historical information on the realities of the Lord, I know that if I hated someone as much as the Enemy hates Christ, I would use every resource, every element at my disposal to not only DELETE Christ from the historical record, but I would also make a supreme effort to condemn his words as well. Everything we now see in the World. For some reason, Christianity is the most hated religion in the World, and no one really can tell you why. Why do they hate God? They just do. Because that's the way the Enemy wants you to feel. Who's being controlled again? Who's being told what to think, and what to feel? Mmhmm...

its interesting because in all this time, we have never heard a word from satan. seems someone has already deleted HIS words from the record. i wonder why...

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ancient burial box claimed to have earliest reference to Jesus
Limestone burial box is typical of first century Jerusalem and has chiselled on side "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus'

For 2,000 years, pilgrims and archaeologists have hunted for physical evidence of Jesus and his family, without success.

But now an ancient burial box claiming to contain the earliest reference to the Christian saviour is about to go on public display in Israel after its owner was cleared of forgery. It has not been seen in public since a single, brief exhibition in Toronto in 2002.

The modest limestone burial box, known as an ossuary, is typical of first-century Jerusalem, and is owned by Oded Golan, an Israeli antiquities collector. Chiselled on the side are the words "James, son of Joseph, brother of Jesus."

James the Just was the first leader of the Christians in Jerusalem after the Crucifixion. He was executed for apostasy by the local rabbinical court.

At that time, Jews were not buried but laid in a cave. The bones were collected after a year and placed in an ossuary. Thousands have been discovered, some of them inscribed with names to identify whose bones they contain. One other ossuary mentions a brother.

"This is the oldest evidence that mentions the name of Jesus Christ," said Golan, who bought the box in the 1970s but did not realise its significance until Sorbonne professor Andre Lemaire noticed it in Golan's collection. Lemaire published his findings in 2002 and the ossuary was briefly displayed at a Toronto museum, causing a worldwide sensation.

But sceptics questioned its authenticity. In 2003, the Israel Antiquities Authority seized the ossuary and appointed an expert committee who dubbed it a fake. Golan was arrested and charged with forging the mention of Jesus.
www.theguardian.com...

Ok here is where the script can be flipped I remembered this article sometime back ,however this was no slam dunk as many questioned it's authenticity. klik the link for more.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

No, we are just frightened that we KNOW the most well meaning people, are contributing to the destruction of us all, and will offer NO help, and will actually try to destroy anything good that comes along to make a change.

You know....or you believe? It seems to me that most of the death and destruction in this world has come at the hands of those that use religion as a tool to gain favor. The majority of the faithful are no different than you or I.

The tiny box in which all your existence is bound into, gets smaller still when combined with these clever teachings, and notice how the percentages of beliefs are always maintained precisely across the globe.

I have no clue what that even means.

If this Jesus exists, none of you would believe it when you see the Second Coming, since you all have been taught that you somehow know what to look for.

I am agnostic. I don't believe in any religion.

Much concern should be had, that the sheep are being led to the slaughter, and that they faithfully want to!

And the fact that no real effort to understand this Universe or any part of Creation without indoctrination, is embraced as being OF GOD, which is disgusting, and will be stopped.

Isn't religion exactly the search to understand the universe/god?

And may I ask who is going to stop them? Are you on a crusade to stop people from finding fulfillment or a symbol of joy? It sounds to me like you need to talk some people of faith and listen to what they believe......and I'm not talking about the fundamentalist nutbags.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think of our late binary sister/brother who died that gave us life, enveloping us today with fluff cloud/nebula; nursery.

What 'matter' we can hold in our hand is more proof of existence of our creator; died to give us life, or that we hold above any other 'matter'?

Um, that's just us here in this galaxy, in this nebula...gives me reason to expect life in every nebula everywhere...

There is a master to this universe beyond anything my spilled open skull- brains falling out open-mindedness can come to reckon with.

One hasn't lost all their marbles until they fail to keep them from rolling off into obscurity?

God help us all!
edit on (10/5/1414 by loveguy because: insert word

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Chronogoblin

Never ceases to amaze me, how many people not only willingly disbelieve, but go out of their way to convince others of their disbelief. Why? Because misery loves company, and they don't want to feel alone in their sentiments. First off, if you don't believe in the Divinity of Christ, then that's your choice. However, that doesn't mean that he is a fiction, simply because you WANT him to be.

Never ceases to amaze me, how many people not only willingly believe, but go out of their way to convince others of their belief. Why? Because misery loves company, and they don't want to feel alone in their sentiments. First off, if you believe in the Divinity of Christ, then that's your choice. However, that doesn't mean that he is a non-fiction, simply because you WANT him to be.

It works both ways, sir.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

‘"Jesus of Nazareth" was nothing more than urban (or desert) legend, likely an agglomeration of several evangelic and deluded rabbis who might have existed.’
....from op source.

There is no evidence for this either. He says they may have existed but they were probably deluded? He is fairly dogmatic but in his conclusion he uses words like "likely" and "might"?

Bullsh*t scholarship.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: suz62
Hey spider, DENY IGNORANCE.

I don't think a magician named Jesus walked the earth 2kyrs ago who walked on water and fed couple o thousand folks with two loaves of bread and a couple of fishes but did an historical Jesus lived??..that I can't say what I can say is many of the attributes in both Christianity and Islam can be traced back to much older antecedent on the Nile and the Tigris/Euphrates.
edit on 5-10-2014 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: suz62
Hey spider, DENY IGNORANCE.

I don't think a magician named Jesus walked the earth 2kyrs who walked on water and fed couple o thousand folks with two loaves of bread and a coule of fishes but did an historical Jesus lived??..that I am can't say what I can say is many of the attributes in both Christianity and Islam can be traced back to much older antecedent on the Nile and the Tigris/Euphrates.

Okay, that I get.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

our individual worldviews are threatened by mortality not by jesus. in a thousand years no one will care what anyone here thought or believed in.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

For the same reason some believers are concerned about proving he did, SS. What was in it for the xtians who have spent centuries converting the world to their beliefs? Were they trying to tear down every other set of beliefs to validate their own? Perhaps they are frightened that Jesus may not have actually existed, and that threatens their world view?
edit on 10/5/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/5/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Good point. I can agree, Klass.

If we accept that as being true, then can we say that the rabid anti-theists are no better than the extreme fundamentalists? They are exactly what they are claiming to fight against?

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chronogoblin

For some reason, Christianity is the most hated religion in the World, and no one really can tell you why. Why do they hate God? They just do. Because that's the way the Enemy wants you to feel. Who's being controlled again? Who's being told what to think, and what to feel? Mmhmm...

That's a very good point. Where are all the Muhammad and Buddha haters?

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join