It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS and US special forces forming hunter killer unit to 'smash Islamic State'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
Assume that ISIS is destroyed. Does the West go home, celebrate it's triumph, and vote for whoever is in the present administrations? Or, do we do the same thing with Boko Haram, Hamas, Al-Qaeda, and all the other groups? Is this primarily for publicity or is it a change in policy?

Hamas is localized to Israeli sphere, Al-Qaeda is weak evidenced by Islamic State eclipsing them, Boko rapists are localized in Africa. What policy change? Islamic State is the only terror state with billions and a trained standing army threatening a region that the world economies are dependent on. It's a no brainer that there is a difference. Plus they have militants from all countries that these spec ops are from, making them legal targets for treason.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Ha Harper hardly knows about JTF2 and what they do haha, I remember one mission Harper found out a couple years after it happened..JTF2 is pretty secretive still, they've been on many Missions in Afghanistan and many more that people don't know, they like to keep it that way

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Bah. ...
edit on 26/8/2014 by sHuRuLuNi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

SAS and US special forces forming hunter killer unit to 'smash Islamic State'

Problem, action, solution. So long Assad.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

It never fails to amaze me how the majority of ATS posters tend to lump and all Arabic / Palestinian and islamist groups together like they are all the same.

Hamas is entirely a different type of organization, they have serious political influence, they own and operate community hospitals, and have political support throughout some of the moderate regimes in the middle east. Besides, US / UK are kind of embarrassed at Israel right now. Mossad has been caught several times operating without notification or sanction on US, UK, French, and EU territory.

Boku Harem, are a bunch of drug fuelled cowboys, with no ambition beyond their local sphere of activity, not to mention the Nigerian's are kinda touchy when it comes to former colonial powers operating in their territory.

It's evident that 22 SAS and other SF units have been working with the kurds for some time now, the battle for Mosul Dam was more than likely, planned and overseen by UK 'advisors' with US providing air support and the Peshmerga leading the ground attack.

The goal at this stage has to be containment of IS in preparation of a more ordered campaign. It's probably no coincidence that many of the high profile IS goons we've seen on video have since been eliminated.

Also, you can bet your life that IS have known that SF units have been on the ground for some time now, I doubt they are rushing out to buy the Daily Mail in order to find out what's going on in their own back yard.

Remember those daily COBRA meetings supposedly called to discuss the Ebola outbreak? Also have you noticed the apparent up scaling of what look very much like close protection officers around Cameron and the Royals for the last couple of months. These guys have been on an increased threat footing for some time now.

This addmition that TF black are back on the ground in Iraq is not a change in policy, it's merely the second stage of the same policy of containment and intelligence gathering that's been going on for some time now.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Here we come you mother #ers!
line two

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
They will all end up dead.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sHuRuLuNi

Insha'Allah, Insha'Allah

And so we pray la'n.
edit on 26-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Better be sure when ground forces are used that they (ISIS Caliph/leadership) aren't being provided religious justification to carry out retaliatory attacks.

Or can be relatively sure they are incapable of carrying out any large scale attacks.

Other than that, happy hunting.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

The problem is that ISIS is actively trying for western involvement. They WANT US and NATO forces there... there must be a reason for that, as totally insane as it is.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Kill! Kill!! KILL!!!
We just need to crank up the killing. It won't come back to bite us in the ass, will it?!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Q33323

There are some people in this world, who just need killing.

I am normally opposed to it - unless the reason is just. And I can think of no more just a reason than killing these...They have given more than enough just cause to sentence themselves to death.
edit on 26-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
Because the west wants into Syria..
ISIS is a deception

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Some are hellbent on fulfilling twisted prophecies. Provocation is a means to an end... imo

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Q33323

There are some people in this world, who just need killing.

I am normally opposed to it - unless the reason is just. And I can think of no more just a reason than killing these...They have given more than enough just cause to sentence themselves to death.

Death is a merciful punishment for these inhumane bastards. Every single member of ISIS deserves medieval torture, but death will have to do.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: JimTSpock
This could be a deliberate tactic used by the special forces or as some have said not entirely accurate. During a hostage situation in the UK some years ago the criminals were informed by police the SAS were outside getting ready to come in. The crims surrendered straight away.

Could be using the reputation of the special forces, SAS, Navy Seals, Delta to try to instill fear into the enemy. It might have an effect.

If I learned the British SAS, US Navy seals and Delta, and Australian SAS were in theatre with orders to kill or capture I think I would start to sh*t myself. The question is will ISIS be afraid or welcome the chance to engage the west's elite soldiers? I think probably a combination of both.

The ISIS cowards scatter in fear from a few Peshmurga. There was a story last week where three crashed their cars into each other scrambling to get out of a town at the sight of a small Kurd force approaching. All them alphabet labeled spec ops guys will have them wiping with both hands all day long.

The same internet access can get the message to them that they try to send out to the world, fear.

I really do hope this is true, and I really do hope the Pershmerga are really so threatening to ISIL, but I can't help think it's an exaggerated western media bit created to shore up desire to go help the little guy. David v.s. Goliath. They alerady described ISIS as this locust like swarm, you'd think they were more of an army than the Nazi's (even though i've heard number between 15 and 50 thousand members).

I hope it's true, but I really think it's just one of those classic tropes. Zulu.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
Because the west wants into Syria..
ISIS is a deception

This person is exactly correct.
First attempt failed. Second attempt underway, a little decepitation (that's a tasteless portmanteau kids), the kurds david v.s. ISIS goliath, all of the vets feeling a shot at redemption helping the Iraqi's they fought and felt disenchanted with war because of.

There pullin' out all the stops lads, get ready for an international panty dropper.
I am cool with letting all the vet cops go back though.

(i'm a vulgar poster when I'm drinking, but it's a special edition double dipped makers mark from when Kentucky/Pitino won the 93 final four.)
edit on 26-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: ausername

The problem is that ISIS is actively trying for western involvement. They WANT US and NATO forces there... there must be a reason for that, as totally insane as it is.

Albert Pike's Three World Wars, that's why. There's an agenda afoot. A cyclone a-brewing..

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: live2beknown
a reply to: one4all

Ha Harper hardly knows about JTF2 and what they do haha, I remember one mission Harper found out a couple years after it happened..JTF2 is pretty secretive still, they've been on many Missions in Afghanistan and many more that people don't know, they like to keep it that way

I guess the best way to keep a secret is to keep it away from the person with the most thumbs and Harper fits the bill.

The Canadian Super-Secrecy plan is working out for the good considering that in todays new Battle Spectrum there have been rumors of payback visits in Country,it is a new and very snall world.

The Canadian Airborn Regi.....I mean JTF2 SOULD be directly involved.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

I understand. In the past, I thought similarly. Then a few years ago, I got all "metaphysical," and my outlook (in many respects) has changed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join