It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS and US special forces forming hunter killer unit to 'smash Islamic State'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

YOU'LL see some schmuck in California will rail about our MONSTERS we create in our military.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Briles1207

£100 Says this is the storyline for the next Call of Duty series.

You can bet on it. If this task force was real why announce to an alleged terrorist organization? since if ISIS do exist they would already know the task force now and quite possible they would try to capture its team members in the battlefield.

If anything it should have being kept secret but since they played it in the open, that means this could be mean just something that was created for the news media.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

You, may be right. I don't know enough about special operations to say one way or the other.

I just thought FlyersFan made a humorous and valid point. There is no way to know what is really going on by reading this article.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

The Task Force
is real and been around for quite a while now... and yes they are secret... but we still know a few things about them.

Task Force 77 (formerly Task Force 145) – LSA Anaconda, Balad TF Black/Knight – Elements, 22 SAS, Special Reconnaissance Regiment, 18 (UKSF) Signal Regiment, Special Forces Support Group, some SBS operators are thought to be attached to TF Black—Based in headquarters known as 'the Station', within Baghdad's green zone[12]
TF North/Red rotating battalion, 75th Ranger Regiment and a small element of Delta Force operators – unknown location, northern Iraq
TF West/Blue rotating team, Naval Special Warfare Development Group supported by units from the 75th Ranger Regiment – unknown location, western Iraq (company sized sub-unit)
TF Center/Green rotating squadron, 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment – Delta supported by an element of the 75th – LSA Anaconda
TF Orange – detachments of various intelligence agencies including the Intelligence Support Activity (ISA)[13]

So the real question is--- are they operational again---?
edit on 26-8-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Called it. The US always gets what it wants from Santa. The people didn't let them bomb Syria, so now they have this "journalist" beheaded and the world "outraged."

Even the fbi had to admit the video was fake, that the video was fake but the picture at the end was apparently real and he was killed later. I saw members of the FSA (who we supported) take a bite of a human heart - don't know why they were so modest in the Foley video. Unless of course they didn; kill him.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

Again utterly shocked that people on ATS do not know what Task force Black is.

This is like the aftermath of Operation Neptune Spear when nobody seemed to really quite understand what DEVGRU was.
edit on 26-8-2014 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Let's just armor up a chopper, strap a junkyard magnet on it and disarm isis Walter White style.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: Brotherman

Yes, we are there. We are there helping the Kurds, and there helping with aid, and helping to keep the dam out of ISIS hands. (the dam is why Foley was killed) Anything else, is sheer speculation and a 50/50 chance of not being true.

Most of the people that would be sent to help the kurds would be special operators more then likely MARSOC or JSOC with Army, Navy, Marine Operators. They could easily change their mission.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

All kidding aside... I bet you dollars to doughnuts there are spotters on the ground to lase targets for the airstrikes.
Still maybe a big steam roller... just drive over the country and flatten everything...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

All kidding aside... I bet you dollars to doughnuts there are spotters on the ground to lase targets for the airstrikes.
Still maybe a big steam roller... just drive over the country and flatten everything...

You may be right, however I would be more apt to say that they are in an observation role at this point, chances are their first directive would be to locate their heavy weapons and kill/capture HVTs either by opportunity or proxy, premature air strikes will force them to change their tactics. Harrassing the troops is also good for effin up the moral of their troops which will eventually lead to the leaders having to do something about it as well. This will not be another IED battle.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Scortched earth. Napalm and carpet bombings.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrBudd
Scortched earth. Napalm and carpet bombings.

Your reply makes me think of the time when King Longshanks from the movie Braveheart tells his sergeant at arms to have the archers fire onto the battle field. The SAA says to the king "But sir wont we hit our troops too?" And the king says "Why yes but we will hit theirs as well..."
edit on 26-8-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Sorry, been flipping back and forth between two posts today...
my second thread BTW might give reason to activating TF77
ISIS demands $6.6 million ransom for kidnapped American
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bet that's got to piss-off the TPTB... bad press ya know...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
a reply to: FlyersFan

I'm in agreement with you on that.
(this did come from the daily fail after all)

Serious question here - since when have the Daily Mail ever failed on anything? They just report the news, take heaps of parparazzi pics, sure they come from a tabloid perspective but I've never seen them ever print anything false. I go to them over any outlet on Google news every time. And they are so on the ball when it comes to assessing the UK economy too.

They do a bit of everything, and pretty well I think. And they cover ufo/illuminati stuff too every now and then. All in plain sight, to their credit.

On topic, I don't think we are going to see ISIS toppled by these units. THEY CREATED AND FUNDED THEM!!!

Five bucks says they won't find the American female held to ransom for $6.6 million dollars. Like the Foley dude, we will instead be fed some story where they couldn't quite get to her in time.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Assume that ISIS is destroyed. Does the West go home, celebrate it's triumph, and vote for whoever is in the present administrations? Or, do we do the same thing with Boko Haram, Hamas, Al-Qaeda, and all the other groups? Is this primarily for publicity or is it a change in policy?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
is it too late to reenlist? or can i just show up as a walk on?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Specs are a great strategic asset and resource. But if you think the war on IS can be won by a few drones, SOF units, and bombings you are clearly ignorant and should go back to playing video games. Defeating IS will take heavy mechanized weaponry and battalions of troops to secure the areas in which they are holding. SOF are just a tiny part of the picture. They are SPECIAL for a reason. You guys act like they are the Xmen who have come to save mankind..... absolutely naive and childish.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Makes a good soundbite but this is still "call me Dave" Cameron.

I wouldn't trust him as far as I can throw him, which isn't very far due to him being well fed.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Have you seen the "leaked" info from this admin over the last couple of years.

They will leak it, if they believe it will bring the right "optics".

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
This could be a deliberate tactic used by the special forces or as some have said not entirely accurate. During a hostage situation in the UK some years ago the criminals were informed by police the SAS were outside getting ready to come in. The crims surrendered straight away.

Could be using the reputation of the special forces, SAS, Navy Seals, Delta to try to instill fear into the enemy. It might have an effect.

If I learned the British SAS, US Navy seals and Delta, and Australian SAS were in theatre with orders to kill or capture I think I would start to sh*t myself. The question is will ISIS be afraid or welcome the chance to engage the west's elite soldiers? I think probably a combination of both.

The ISIS cowards scatter in fear from a few Peshmurga. There was a story last week where three crashed their cars into each other scrambling to get out of a town at the sight of a small Kurd force approaching. All them alphabet labeled spec ops guys will have them wiping with both hands all day long.

The same internet access can get the message to them that they try to send out to the world, fear.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join