It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS and US special forces forming hunter killer unit to 'smash Islamic State'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: HardCorps
The Website Heavy just posted
Task Force Black: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

1. Task Force Black Is Chasing the ISIS Commanders to ‘Cut the Head Off the Snake’

2. Defeating ISIS Is a Top Priority for the US & UK Governments.

3. In Just 2 Years in Iraq, Task Force Black Killed 3,500 Insurgents.

4. At Least 6 Agencies Are Involved in the Mission.

5. Intelligence Agents Are Trying to Recruit Sources of Information in the Region Where ISIS Operates.

If this is a hoax there sure are a lot of details known about the who's where's and how's...

Exactly.

Caveat Emptor.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock

If I learned the British SAS, US Navy seals and Delta, and Australian SAS were in theatre with orders to kill or capture I think I would start to sh*t myself. The question is will ISIS be afraid or welcome the chance to engage the west's elite soldiers? I think probably a combination of both.

The very reason you don't tell them what's up. Don't give them a target or a focal point, just start disappearing them, without fanfare.

Waking up next to a dead buddy whom you had dinner with just the evening before is much more panick-inducing than a "we're coming for you" heads-up.

it gives a lot less time for preparation to meet the challenge when it's on you before you know it was even in the area.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agent_USA_Supporter

originally posted by: Briles1207

£100 Says this is the storyline for the next Call of Duty series.

You can bet on it. If this task force was real why announce to an alleged terrorist organization? since if ISIS do exist they would already know the task force now and quite possible they would try to capture its team members in the battlefield.

In this case, with ISIS, if you're captured alive, you're doing it wrong. Guess whose on camera next?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenMtnBoys
Specs are a great strategic asset and resource. But if you think the war on IS can be won by a few drones, SOF units, and bombings you are clearly ignorant and should go back to playing video games. Defeating IS will take heavy mechanized weaponry and battalions of troops to secure the areas in which they are holding. SOF are just a tiny part of the picture. They are SPECIAL for a reason. You guys act like they are the Xmen who have come to save mankind..... absolutely naive and childish.

Conventional forces are for use against conventional foes - are you trying to legitimize Gomer's Boys? make a real "state" out of their fantasies?

You think what ISIS did with a few Toyota technicals will take us "heavy mechanized weaponry and batallions of troops" to undo?

... or do you just think the Leg generals need more chest-candy and shiny confetti for their uniforms?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Better be sure when ground forces are used that they (ISIS Caliph/leadership) aren't being provided religious justification to carry out retaliatory attacks.

Or can be relatively sure they are incapable of carrying out any large scale attacks.

Other than that, happy hunting.

"Provided religious justification"?

Gomer claims to be the Caliph, meaning that he MAKES religious justification - he thinks he writes policy for God. He doesn't need anyone to "provide" it, he just makes up what he needs.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Q33323
Kill! Kill!! KILL!!!
We just need to crank up the killing. It won't come back to bite us in the ass, will it?!

You may not have noticed that we've already been bitten in the ass - what you are advocating is just letting the dog hang on to our ass by it's teeth, and take another bite whenever it wants.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: all2human
a reply to: OpinionatedB
Because the west wants into Syria..
ISIS is a deception

We couldn't have made a side-trip to Syria when we were right next door in Iraq if we "wanted into Syria"? Simply crossing the border worked pretty well for ISIS, but maybe we aren't as technically savvy as they are, eh? Maybe those scary border guards scared our troops off more than they scared ISIS?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: _damon
a reply to: HardCorps

well they will be on enemy territory and how many enemies is there? Hundreds? Thousands?

Not enough.

This is the sort of thing Special Forces were developed for. Force multipliers in a guerrilla theater. All those folks that ISIS have been offing and raping and generally abusing? They've got families.

Those families are pissed.

All it would take would be the right spark, the right tinder, the right support, training, and direction.

exactly. If you can embed four to eight qualified men with a large group of irregular forces they can work wonders. The training they can provide is second to none and installs order and discipline. On top of that the assets such as air support and modern weapons systems act as a force multiplier. Twenty armed Kurds are dangerous, Twenty armed Kurds with an embedded SF JTAC are lethal.

They won't have any trouble gathering intelligence. For one it's what they do, and more importantly the local population will be (for the most part) falling over themselves to provide information. It's not a case of hearts and minds here, It's a case of 'oh he killed your brother did he? Tell me where to find him and numbers and I'll protect you by not letting him return' if you have the civilians on side then it's a battle changer. If you end up in the # they can provide food and shelter. They can store weapons and equipment. I can understand why the deployment of special forces would be announced. It's a great psychological weapon to use. The insurgency aren't stupid. They would be on the lookout for foreign operators anyway so why not give them something to think about? The men on the ground won't see it that way though they will view it as absolutely critical that their deployment remains a secret and out of the public eye. That's all changed though after the embassy. Governments feel the need to acknowledge these forces when they just shouldn't.
edit on 1511642 by sg1642 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
I wish it was the Islamic world who would be doing this. Where are all the Islamic countries military and what are they planning?

ISIS is the most effective military force in the muslim world outside the Turkish Army unfortunately. They might be able to beat Hezbollah and maybe the Revolutionary Guards in a stand up battle.

One fact is that ISIS is trying to become a real state and conquer and hold territory (with a vicious brutality unseen since the Mongolians---actual caliphs like Saladin would be ashamed) and attempt to rule with some consistency.

This means that the SAS can turn the tables and act as a difficult guerrilla force uninterested in holding territory.
edit on 28-8-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
The story was leaked to deter new recruits from the UK and US from going to fight for ISIL.

There are supposedly hundreds of recruits from the UK. Once they know the SAS is after them there is a strong chance that many may make their excuses and leave. I would assume the same for the US Jihadis knowing SEAL Team 6 are after them.

Foley was a massive embarrassment for the UK govt. It is safe to say that Jihadi John will not be taken alive.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
the SAS are exceptional combatiers, if they are called in they will kill the bad guys and no one else.

just dont get in there way or will get very mad, and you dont want that.

they are going to remove the threat from isis with the US commandos, if i was ISIS id be very worried

edit on b5353149 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is different from Task Force 88 how?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I feel i must interject something what we are reading is very true.....I have first hand knowledge from someone there. However, it will not be known to anyone how and when SAS DELTA SEAL TEAM 6 etc. will strike .....The person i spoke with has spent a long time in the service but shared with me he has never seen a group worse than IS simply because of they have NO VALUE for human LIFE period!! He also stressed that there is an imminent threat for the UK and US to be hit here at anytime and that is what he is the most concerned about!

Let there be no mistake the worlds elite, know how to deal with IS....The hold up is Obama because he can't decide! I honestly believe he is stalling on purpose....I had this horrendous thought today.

what better time to strike US/UK/ when our best of the best are fighting with their hands tied behind their back. thousands of miles away! I mean think about hit 5 cities at once and our fighting force is on the other side of the world...I hate to say it but perhaps this is the plan with ISIS and the reason Obama is stalling....i truly believe he is a sympathizer to the Muslim Brotherhood whom IS strongly supports......

Pax

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sg1642

Sounds like a man who has been there, done that, checked it off, and has the T-shirt in his closet.

The problem here is that it's hard to fight from the shadows when the bosses keep throwing a spotlight on you... but a spotlight can be used to blind as well as illuminate. It's all in how it gets operated.

Sure, Gomer's Boys will be on the lookout for foreign operators, with or without the illumination - an announcement merely confirms their fears, but said announcement CAN be a weapon in and of itself, if properly worked by the boys on the ground at the sharp end. Many, perhaps most, will see it as an annoyance and blown cover, but someone, somewhere, is gonna say "I can work with that..." and it's off to the races.

I could tell you what I'd do with it if I were in their boots, but I ain't gonna tell on a open board. Life is full of surprises... who doesn't like presents?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

ISIS is the most effective military force in the muslim world outside the Turkish Army unfortunately. They might be able to beat Hezbollah and maybe the Revolutionary Guards in a stand up battle.

One fact is that ISIS is trying to become a real state and conquer and hold territory (with a vicious brutality unseen since the Mongolians---actual caliphs like Saladin would be ashamed) and attempt to rule with some consistency.

This means that the SAS can turn the tables and act as a difficult guerrilla force uninterested in holding territory.

Precisely.

When you're not worried about holding any one patch of ground, you can deny huge areas of what you're not holding to your opponents, so that they can't really hold it, either. Spread 'em thin, pull 'em apart, and pick your teeth with their bones after every meal, then on to the next table setting. Let someone else clear the table.

An "empire", or even a "caliphate", without any area under it's control, really isn't much of an empire or caliphate, is it?

A few dozen operators, a few thousand Kurds and assorted other locals (organized along the lines of T.E. Lawrence, or WWII partisans, or Vietnamese SOG 'Yards) , Spooky on station and lasers in the weeds ('cause as far as I know, ISIS has no air assets to speak of), and Gomer's Boys would just be a bad memory.

Look at what Lawrence did by putting the locals to work with a bit of direction.

Then we could put to rest all of the recriminations against the Muslims "not doing anything about it". They're doing stuff about it, right now, but need a little more focus, a bit of direction and coordination, some air support of the proper caliber, and perhaps a little education about trying to hold what they gain... you don't HAVE to hold it, you just have to keep the other guy from doing so until he goes "POOF!".

No "western" conventional troops needed or wanted. That's the mistake we made in Afghanistan, Part II. Just let the Boys in the Bushes do their thing, and the locals will do the rest - there's no shortage of fighting manpower already there, on the ground.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: nenothtu

originally posted by: mbkennel

Precisely.

When you're not worried about holding any one patch of ground, you can deny huge areas of what you're not holding to your opponents, so that they can't really hold it, either. Spread 'em thin, pull 'em apart, and pick your teeth with their bones after every meal, then on to the next table setting. Let someone else clear the table.

An "empire", or even a "caliphate", without any area under it's control, really isn't much of an empire or caliphate, is it?

A few dozen operators, a few thousand Kurds and assorted other locals (organized along the lines of T.E. Lawrence, or WWII partisans, or Vietnamese SOG 'Yards) , Spooky on station and lasers in the weeds ('cause as far as I know, ISIS has no air assets to speak of), and Gomer's Boys would just be a bad memory.

Look at what Lawrence did by putting the locals to work with a bit of direction.

Then we could put to rest all of the recriminations against the Muslims "not doing anything about it". They're doing stuff about it, right now, but need a little more focus, a bit of direction and coordination, some air support of the proper caliber, and perhaps a little education about trying to hold what they gain... you don't HAVE to hold it, you just have to keep the other guy from doing so until he goes "POOF!".

No "western" conventional troops needed or wanted. That's the mistake we made in Afghanistan, Part II. Just let the Boys in the Bushes do their thing, and the locals will do the rest - there's no shortage of fighting manpower already there, on the ground.

Exactly. The local population may not have the training and equipment. What they do have is the motivation to stand and fight. Give them a bit of guidance, weapon systems that can even the playing field and then lead them from the front. Conventional boots on the ground aren't then a requirement because they can do the rest themselves. This isn't about holding ground it's about not allowing the enemy to do it comfortably. The blokes on the ground will be fluid and have relative freedom of movement to strike at required targets as and when they need to. I think the whole reason it has been released is to give the enemy something to stay awake and worry about at night. And the should worry. Death from above that's all I can say. I think this whole scenario stinks of political agendas and it's rotten to the core. But it's not a soldier's place to ponder the politics behind his orders. They will just be interested in going to work on the Islamic fighters and getting each other home at the end of it.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I've been trying to catch up on all the posts since I've been gone and there have been a lot of comments made, debate on if a wet-ops team would have any real effect on stopping ISIS.

In my humble option... Yeah, they can do some good even if they can't stop ISIS in it's entirety.

But as things are now it's only been in these past couple of weeks ISIS has seen any real opposition to their advance. So any effective fighting force that can strike and damage their moral and or leadership....

well that's way better than what we had before...which was basically nothing at all.

I mean let's face it... having over 300,000 Iraqi regular army just turn tail and run had to just super-charge their ego's. Now it's time to give them a good kick in the pants and remind them their not a nation state but just another ragged armed rag tag group that can swatted whenever the big boys want!

So will they be effective... you bet your 'A' they will be... but TS 77 and not be a final solution... that will take a concerted effort by NATO

edit on 1-9-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I am sure the US and the UK have special forces ready to go and hope they do, but this article is not sourced too well.

Sources say, to me is not any verifiable fact.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all
Someone is finally serious about taking care of business.

It is time for task specific micro -approach in our quest for curative measures..

Why do I not see JTF2 on that list as Stakeholder? Is Harper sleeping at the wheel again?

I hope we are soon hearing about independant "units' operating as Cells,exactly like the opponents do.

JTF2 will be there, just like in Iraq and just like in Iraq they will be wearing US uniforms. Oh yeah, I wasn't supposed to know that...
edit on 1-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
i have a feeling we will see another 'bravo 2 zero' debacle with SAS captured and paraded and then executed live on TV.. these guys dont mess around and if the spec ops operators get captured im sure ISIS will have a field day showing their captives on youtube or TV..

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join