It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS and US special forces forming hunter killer unit to 'smash Islamic State'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   

The operation will be led by America’s CIA spy agency.

Great, it'll all go smoothly then.

And aren't 'SEAL Team Six' all dead?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

The real head of this "snake" isn't in Iraq or Syria... That said, the point is that in making intentions like these public, the IS leaders in Iraq and Syria get nervous, perhaps enough to scatter like rats, out in the open, attempt to escape and possibly reveal themselves... imo

It is likely that some of them will stand their ground to the end and fight, believe it or not, they want to be martyrs...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

originally posted by: maddy21
May i know what the purpose of announcing this on Main stream Media was ?? Good luck cutting the head of the snake considering the snake now knows your coming .. I honestly hope its a success but it was pretty stupid to announce the whole thing ...

It is all about intentions.

It is all about showing no fear and instead showing 100% resolve to overcome.

It is about sending a message that when COUNTRIES and HUMANITY choose to come together under a common Banner there is no place on earth you can hide.

When you kill women and children , the rules go out the window,and if a reply isnt given openly and immediatly then we may soon see Humanitarian Crusades with 4 or 5 Million men simply dropping their current lives and going to solve the problems on their own ,with social media the IMPACTS of these actions stimulate instinctual protectiveness in men ALL OVER THE WORLD at the same time.

No WOMEN and no CHILDREN. End of story.Yes,we are coming,yes we want you to know,and yes putting this knowledge into the public domain to bring everyone with us and to put pressure on us ALL to finish the job we must now do, NO WOMEN AND NO CHILDREN.....and the line has been crossed.

Apparently there was a quantifiable number of acceptable atrocities and brutal killings of innocents. They let it go on for quite a long time virtually unmitigated.

Better late than never?

They should have, could have dealt with this threat before it became a huge problem over 2 years ago... imo

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RonPalmer

The operation will be led by America’s CIA spy agency.

Great, it'll all go smoothly then.

No.

Second.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The SAS are still an amazing outfit, they take no prisoners, they can't as they move in small units. I had the great privilage years ago of doing some work with an SAS commander, an absolute gem of a man. They are the finest, most intelligent and courageous men and what's great about them is they could be a well spoken private school well dressed guy, or a cokney talking rough and ready jack the lad, you haven't got a clue. Anyone who has ever had the good fortune of being involved in SAS training will know just how amazing/terrifying these guys are and how efficient they are. Honestly, they can clock your face in darkness amongst smoke and chaos and know if you're the one they want or not in a second glimpse at your face and if you are, you're dead, no messing.

This headline is nothing really, nobody is going to confirm or deny what is being stated other than both countries are working together, but the SAS have been in Syria and Iraq and are no doubt still there. They're involved in many operations and nobody in the general public will ever be aware of what they're involved in, things will get said but it will be made sure that nothing isa said that could comprimise operational activity. Take this article as an interesting read, but don't read too much in to it.

However, if they're focussing strictly on taking ISIS down in its various incarantions in Syria and Iraq, I dont care how many of these ISIS militants there are or how well they are funded, the SAS will know who exactly to hit, how and when. In fact, I should imagine they already know.

Good luck chaps.
edit on 27-8-2014 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: paxnatus

originally posted by: dazbog
Twenty years of this utter BS and people think some Spec Ops Teams are going to turn the tide ?

Really ?

Nonsense ! Sophomoric wishful thinking.

It's over. Just pack up our crap and LEAVE. Period.

Toss all the insults you care to, but deep down you KNOW this is a lost cause which we had no

business getting involved in.

Have a good day.

You obviously do not realize the sheer talent these men have and yes i say talent cause there are no idiots on these teams....They are trained to endure the most stressful situations known to a human, not react and keep their wits about them.....As for being in human cant speak for all of them, but the guy I am in love with is one of the most kind, gentle, souls you would ever want to meet.....values family and honors women....trained killer oh most def....but do not be fooled, they have regrets, they hurt and they bleed when cut but they are on your side they are there to do the job when no one else can or will!!

Pax

Pax My intent is not to be rude or insulting, however, your response to my post is irrelevant. Additionally please do not
presume to suggest I am unaware of the capabilities of the units in question. I AM !

" as for being inhuman " No clue how you came up with that from my reply. Frankly this thread is based on ludicrous speculation.
Even if this nonsense was a fact it would accomplish nothing. That's it, I'm done. Take Care.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

It has always existed for the better part of a decade. They are just refocusing and pointing it in a new direction is all.

US
Joint Special Operations Command
United States Army Special Forces Command
United States Army Special Operations Aviation Command
Naval Special Warfare Command
Air Force Special Operations Command
United States Marine Corps Forces Special Operations Command

Canada
Canadian Special Operations Forces Command

UK
United Kingdom Special Forces

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: RonPalmer

sigh...

no DEVGRU (Seal Team Six) are not all dead.

why is it that in every thread on special forces it ends up full of people who seem to think they know what they are talking about because they have seen a few Chuck Norris movies and read a few McNab books.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
This is nothing new they already had a task force black during the occupation that tore the insurgency chain of command to shreds. They used the expansion of the Iraq mobile phone network to gather intel on targets.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
special forces are unbelievable disruptor to any and all operations forget about anonymous, this is the real deal, ladies and gentlemen, human beings trained to no less than a paper cut of an edge they have and will continue to be the highest form of trained person you would ever have the privilege to meet.

wer much to young to deal with thesee problems but they keep thrusting them self's on us... untill finaly wer foced to think of the solution
edit on 27-8-2014 by crostkev because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

Amen to that! These Muslim radicals are the worst of criminals, the bottom line make serial killers look like pikers. It's a law enforcement matter of multiple, death penalty type crimes against humanity. Civilization needs to rise to the occasion of wiping these evil monsters out, period.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
They just kinda threw the element of surprise out the window, huh? Like that kid in the schoolyard fight who has to puff up his chest and talk smack, when he could have just knocked the other kid out.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
why is it that in every thread on special forces it ends up full of people who seem to think they know what they are talking about because they have seen a few Chuck Norris movies and read a few McNab books.

Sigh...

You'll have noticed the question mark at the end of my comment- which you could have chosen to either answer politely or reply in exactly the manner one would expect of someone who has 'seen a few Chuck Norris movies and read a few McNab books'. Now let's consider which of those options you chose...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
the SAS are extremely a skilled military team of guys.

they get told "go here do this" and they do like total professionals. they are not just random idiots who just kill people.

they shoot people who they are meant to and they are very good at it.

if i was kidnapped and they where called in (which they wouldnt be) id be in very safe hands.

SAS are basically the ultimate commando force, no ifs no buts no coconuts.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think they should send in the Subway Vigilante to "Smash" ISIS in the face, when they aren't looking.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs
the SAS are extremely a skilled military team of guys.

they get told "go here do this" and they do like total professionals. they are not just random idiots who just kill people.

they shoot people who they are meant to and they are very good at it.

if i was kidnapped and they where called in (which they wouldnt be) id be in very safe hands.

SAS are basically the ultimate commando force, no ifs no buts no coconuts.
I've worked alongside them (few years ago) and I can firmly tell you while they are dedicated and professional killers they are also extremely intelligent men. Most of the SF work these days is intelligence gathering and if they do get told to take the gloves off and go after the chain of command then they will revel in it.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
they are extremely smart and i trust them to do the job.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

I hope we are soon hearing about independant "units' operating as Cells,exactly like the opponents do.

If you hear about them, they aren't being effective enough.

Gomer's Boys need to just start showing up deceased and disassembled, with NO explanations for it whatsoever. No videos. No claims, No brags. Just disassembled Jihadists. In alleys. On streets. On the crapper. Leadership just falling over dead here and there wouldn't hurt, either, but rank-and-file terrs just showing up dead and disassembled - with NO claims as to what happened, or by whom - would do more to take the steam out of their morale and engender a panic within their ranks than anything else.

Just start erasing them, and don't give them any ideas on where to look for culprits. Give the appearance that danger for them lurks everywhere as long as they are carrying on. No arrests. No trials. No prisoners. No respite, no safe havens.

Terrorize the terrorists. beat them at their own game, in their own house.

The only way to wage a Shadow War is... from within the shadows.

The thing that bothers me the most about this story is the specific and separate mention of Seal Team Six, as if they were somehow separate from USSOCOM. Cowboys and glory hounds need not apply - makes me wonder if this story isn't just so much smoke being blown up folks' asses.

edit on 2014/8/28 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: _damon
a reply to: HardCorps

well they will be on enemy territory and how many enemies is there? Hundreds? Thousands?

Not enough.

This is the sort of thing Special Forces were developed for. Force multipliers in a guerrilla theater. All those folks that ISIS have been offing and raping and generally abusing? They've got families.

Those families are pissed.

All it would take would be the right spark, the right tinder, the right support, training, and direction.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Oh Joy, more killing.

Now were buddies with Assad ?

I've never been Assad's enemy.

ISIS, on the other hand...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join