It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAS and US special forces forming hunter killer unit to 'smash Islamic State'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

I am not denying that joint operations between allied nations takes place or even that they may at times work under joint command.

All I am saying is that to claim Task force black (knight) was or every will be a Rainbow Six type unit is wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The Rangers are the BREAD and BUTTER guys in JASOC when a larger application of force is neccessary. I lived with one who was in NIcaragua, they did a bad thing he called it "NO EYES" when He was wasted from drinking. It severely affected him and he took his own life from it. He was a close friend ,I couldn't save him.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Ok, we do need a wet team.

What is next after killing this guy.

We will find ourselves on the same side as Assad.

Drones is the way to handle this. I just don't want to go back to War.

Not for people that you can't trust. They have proven unworthy of our sacrifice.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   

A rainbow unit is any unit utilizing multi national forces during a combat operation as the slang was used during my service, rainbow 6 was a multi national counter terrorism unit (fiction of course) but I am just saying under context that this joint unit (if exists) I guess could be considered a multi national counter terrorism unit

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I truly think this story is just a ploy to give hope to the western world & to the potential victims that a Mythic Company of Rambo Types are silently engaged in snuffing the Command Centers of the Caliphate...

and also targeting Western Jihadist volunteers on a kill-spree vacation to Syria-Iraq & taking that experience (and videos)back to their homeland to recruit more Jihadist trainees with a deep knowledge of local police/military presence or reaction times

I have a feeling that the special units will be more tethered to Drone Strike operations that have very deep intel from intercepted communications that is instantly translated then profiled as to the value of the target or the recipients value as a target instead... a real-life real-time "Eagle Eye" capability

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

What you are showing is mainly after the fact stories, as any black operation is usually told, or stories concerning aid relief that, while it involves military, does seek to keep those same military out of any direct conflict.

What is in the quoted story from the OP is something much different, what is being quoted would be more like if you had heard about the attempted hostage rescue prior to any rescue attempt.

That wont happen - making this story either a lie to sell papers, or propaganda intended to make ISIS worry more. Either way, we don't speak of black op's prior to the mission.

What I am illustrating is that we have already been there and troops are on the ground. logistically speaking do you understand the difficulties in moving 130 marines, 1000+ other personnel, equiptment/ supplies? They didn't just show up there for a sleep over and left the next morning, we are already there, we have already been there, and we have already engaged ISIS in fire fights using ground and air assets. I am illustrating that we are there right now which gives credance to the op.

I can find credible information that we have guys that deployed there, I haven't been able to locate any that talk about them being brought back home, and the people referred to in the links I posted before are not embassy guards.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Brotherman

A rainbow unit is any unit utilizing multi national forces during a combat operation as the slang was used during my service, rainbow 6 was a multi national counter terrorism unit (fiction of course) but I am just saying under context that this joint unit (if exists) I guess could be considered a multi national counter terrorism unit

I agree with you that from time to time there exist multinational efforts to combat terrorism, Task for 145 is a perfect example.

The difference between Task force 145 and Rainbow Six is that Rainbow Six is portrayed as permanent unit that is entirely separate from say the SAS or Delta were you have guys from a international group all working under one single command structure as members of Rainbow Six.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I wish it was the Islamic world who would be doing this. Where are all the Islamic countries military and what are they planning?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This news just in: hunter killers are planning to make a hunting killing group so they can hunt and kill other hunters and killers. The hunting and killing by hunter killers will commence, after some hunting and killing, and will continue with more hunting and killing of hunter killers by hunter killers. The story continues after this commercial break sponsored by the hunter killers association of hunter killers, hunter killer veterans, and the hunter killer recruitment center, and hunt-ese, the new painkiller for hunter killers, for when arms and knees are sore after hunting and killing.

Our hunter killers team come in three colors: black, extra black, and abyss. Abyss, it's what's for armageddon.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Yes, we are there. We are there helping the Kurds, and there helping with aid, and helping to keep the dam out of ISIS hands. (the dam is why Foley was killed) Anything else, is sheer speculation.
edit on 26-8-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Wait for them to swear revenge and the liberal OUTCRY at their carnage...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Wouldn't doubt they will be assisting. Perhaps influences from "elder" ENLILITE associations is required however...

Be Safe ALL

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

You may find this interesting,

fas.

They do have permenant relations for at least UK/US Spec ops it is not readily highlighted there (and is a stretch saying its like rainbow 6) but they do have lots of time training and working together in that aspect. This link was mainly for your interest but is still kind of on topic as it breaks it all down.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

That is what i am trying to say to you, calling Task for 145 or Task force black a incarnation of Rainbow six is a bit of a "stretch".

Also thanks for your like but I am already pretty clued up on how the US Special Operations Forces are structured.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
You know what's the dumbest thing about these jihad terrorist groups, the one thing that will always work against them and keep them from ever achieving their goals? They don't know anything about the art of war.
Rule #1. Keep your mouth shut and tell no one your plans.

dummies.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: OpinionatedB
They don't generally announce a black op...

Agreed.

So we have a few choices ...

- The story is true and it was leaked on purpose by the governments for some reason.
- The story is true and it was leaked but not on purpose.
- The story is false but it was leaked on purpose by the governments for some reason.
- The story was made up to sell newspapers.
- The story is made up on assumptions on the part of the news outlet. They ASSUME that these things are happening behind the scenes.

At this point I"m going with the story mostly being made up to sell newspapers.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

LOL!!! Yes, that about sums it up!

It seems to me the news media is just the means to employ the tools of fear and hate to control the masses.

I don't think we can really KNOW anything by reading such articles.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

Wait for them to swear revenge and the liberal OUTCRY at their carnage...

So, what constitutes a liberal outcry? Is it a reluctance to join the ditto-heads of the information-deficit crowd?
I'm all for personal accountability as far as bad guys go...but like the man says :“In the age of information, ignorance is a choice.” Take out them out, please, but let's see the man behind the curtain.

link   
a reply to: HardCorps

I have a very personal hatred for ISIS and really hope this story to be true.

But I have to agree with FlyerFan and OpinionatedB, they normally don't announce a black operation and because that would almost warn their enemies of a incoming attack.

Still wish it's true. Someone needs to crush these savages.

-SAP-
edit on 26-8-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

link   
Double post.
edit on 26-8-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: captainmjp

Go Read This

the Unit already exists...
at issue is are they being deployed?
my guess is yes.
but maybe not in quite the same way as the Daily Mirror suggested.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join