It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of 10 highest IQ's on earth, at least 8 are Theists, at least 6 are Christians

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: spacemanjupiter
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Doesn't matter how intelligent you might be, no one is immune to brainwashing if the perpetrators are determined enough

true, but some seem able to think freely, truthfully we are all influenced unknowingly in many ways

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Really, we are the sum total of environmental input... I am anywayz.

You might tend to gravitate towards what new input (data) you want to incorporate... but these tendencies rely on previous data, too.

We are, really, what we eat ...and read/see, hear, smell, touch, or get mentally in our heads from either background computation or unknown, possibly external "broadcasting." That's pretty much it... unless you subscribe to the notion of innate tendencies, souls or some other part of you that's normally hidden... .

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

Err

Dropping all the BS. That would be a Yes! Know Thyself! Should not First come next? Try This. Sit back and relax for a second.

Why Wait for someone else to do it for You!

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: ahnggk

Careful!

Reason Will Slap You!

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It's nice, but this only some small sample that has bothered to take a certain set of tests to determine IQ. It's likely there are many other people who are just as smart (if not smarter) which we don't know about, as they realized there isn't anything to gain or prove for themselves by taking some arbitrary series of tests. (I suppose it could be indifference or having better things to do.)

Some tests you also have to pay to take, so that also presents another level of selective bias.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I Thank You!

Why do they even bother? One Definds it all vs. Relig who Claim it all.

Impossible for Both! So what Christ Said was Look the Other Way from mans World...................quoting

You haven't looked Up Jinn? Thats as Far back as one can Get. It's like finding that missing LEGO one has been looking for as a Child. The Picture just became larger, like 1/2 HD vision.............................Really! Noticed no evil there, asked for advice; Jinn happen to pop in my head; Oh and some small little laugh by my computer, faint. Stopped time just for a mill sec.

Your god can strike me down if I'm Lying K?

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: pauljs75

Already done!

School System, USA! Pills for Children! Come if one ls labled by said Teacher; like they went to Med School, A-Z. All testing starts while they are 4 grade and up. Later Social Services came into play. Gov included with fees plus Hospital cost follow by interests, Yet.

Who Runs the Streets? Pray you do not have a Smart Child! Them, they issue pills then a few months later claim a Special School is needed. Top Of The Line Even! Free!

Plubic School System is What Christ claims about Evil as can be! More like Mini Me's version of Hunger Games.

Peace

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
www.examiner.com...

I tweeted Mr. Jelloul a question about his beliefs in September of last year, and he graciously replied to me that he does "believe in God, a Supreme Architect of the universe" (see a screenshot of this tweet in the slideshow).

First time poster, so please be nice :-)

I'm not sure if anyone else has picked up on this, but Mr. Jelloul's quote makes me believe with about 95% certainty he is a practising FreeMason. Believing in the supreme architect of the universe or grand architect of the universe is one of the 2 main pre-requisites of being accepted into the fraternal order and is central to the ceremonies and teachings of FreeMasons. It's also a non-denominational organisation (at least here in Aus) so it's open to anyone of any religion (or theist). He may not be referring to 'God' in the traditional Christian sense here. Just some food for thought

Cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Of course a 17 year old believes in God- wait until he gets into the real world and has to support himself and deal with women, etc.

But the real issue is what's the average IQ of voting christians? I would say for American protestants it's probably around 90.

Personally, my IQ has increased since I stopped believing in God and have become more logical.

So out of the millions of protestants in this country we`ll just take the handful you`ve known or know and go with a 90 IQ.Is that right?That doesn`t sound very logical to me, but despite this, your IQ has increased dramatically as of late ,eh?
By your own logic i have to chalk this one up to the believers in Christ because id guess you`re IQ now is hovering around 80 now.Before your jump in intelligence? Maybe 73?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AussieSkeptic

its never made sense to me that theism is a prerequisite of being a freemason. surely the principles of freemasonry are valid with or without a higher power?

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: infoseeker26754

Impossible for Both!

That would be my guess, lol

I would love to find the first human that thought about a supreme Deity, where it ll started.

I guess superstition came first, when did the mind start to reason such things.

Ever notice in archeology they more often then not attribute many things they discover to ritual, sometimes I doubt that, they are guessing
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 103131p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

the first signs of deity recognition date back to about 30k years ago with the creation of venus dolls, which represent an appreciation for the divine mother. also the time homo sapiens began to spread.
edit on 22-7-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   
In a reality where there may exist 11 dimensions of which we are aware of 4 (3 spatial, 1 temporal), I have no problem in believing in an hyper-intelligent entity that decided to create our universe by causing the collision of branes described in string theory. An 11-dimensional entity would be God to us with the abilities of God. Of course the branes could have collided on their own. There is no way of knowing. So I just don't see intelligence being able to prove or disprove the existence of God.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

the first signs of deity recognition date back to about 30k years ago with the creation of venus dolls, which represent an appreciation for the divine mother. also the time homo sapiens began to spread.

That is some of our first finds of it, what I am talking about is something that is impossible to know, that goes farther back then we have knowledge of.
edit on 113131p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   

That is some of our first finds of it, what I am talking about is something that is impossible to know, that goes farther back then we have knowledge of.

if your talking about something that is impossible to know, then your effectively talking about nothing. meanwhile, we have venus dolls to help us understand the roots of spirituality. that an red ochre.
edit on 22-7-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

if your talking about something that is impossible to know, then your effectively talking about nothing. meanwhile, we have venus dolls to help us understand the roots of spirituality. that an red ochre.

And shells, I think I stopped at adornment

Three bead-like shells from ancient Israel and Algeria suggest that such symbolic behavior occurred at least 100,000 years ago--25,000 years earlier than previously thought

www.scientificamerican.com...

did they just think it was pretty or was there a deeper meaning?

Who knows?

But eventually precious gems held spiritual meaning
edit on 123131p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

just like letters and words, gems hold no spiritual value in themselves. we give them spiritual value. they have spiritual significance because we say they do and that's all.

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

After finding my Avartar some 8 yrs ago, it would seem by the upper right a Face would have done the job. Although most claim sediment on rock, tells a tale some 12,000 bc on what actually happened to N. America. Something did fall from the sky and caused mass damaged.

Odd if you turn it 1/4 to the left, you are able to tell. Once was a mountian, now a cave. A Man riding a horse warring people. flip and you get people dancing afterwards. Must have been the ones who made it through. So much for the sediment idea, could be yet if so Mother Nature was sure busy since it was 25 ft underground.

If so far back in time, just that face so high in the sky, opened mouth and something coming out from it could either be words from god or acts from god. Told the mind can make things up in ones head; yea! Yet a classroom of 25 kids writing down what they see changes everything.

And really if one happens to spend time with it; god its nothing more then explaining what happens Outside of our Boxes. There is so much we really don't know. One is better claiming I don't really know then taking the main stream ideas pretending to know.

Remember Comet Ison? Everything one knew ended up going right out the window. To save face, we heard, " Now we know New things about Comets" So much for data! As for my rock, would have never really Touched Me, just though it was something cool until one day having my coffee and seen a Bear on my plant stand!

It took 4 days to time it just right to get the picture on film! Seems had to wait for the right time for the sun to come through my window and never had to move the rock! Coffee everywhere! Archeology will not touch that rock, tried so working on making a video myself. Copy and pasting was before my time! lol

There are things in this World no one could Ever Explain, I bet even in your life one has always wondered on a few things in the past. People are quick to call it evil/good yet had nothing to do with it because then it becomes a Judgement from ones mind. Missing everything else by doing this.

Murry's law is even wrong! Now your just Expecting only the Negative and nothing else. Except I do not know anything but what has Worked for me. Seems to Change from Time to Time also, Okay by me too! Each has to find what works for them in the end. Best way is to notice it in ones Life and go from there.

Peace

posted on Jul, 22 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SonsOfTheMeek

One could also go with having only 3 Charkas, later came 5 being used and now 7 of them. Oh my bad! Somehow someone since last few years just Turned On Another 1-2 of them.

Yet, Yours sounds just as Good! has nothing to do with god being God! Have you asked yourself if having a God Really Made A Difference in The World? So Far as I can Tell it was A Person. Most of the time that person Had an Experence and said Mind could not just allow it to go without meaning so used what was most likely possible.

The Unknown! Higher Laws we know not of! Quick! Get the god book out see What it says! Wait! Look Online and see too! It just never seems to fit so the mind races to find an answere and put judgements, ways, list and rules to something It has no idea about. Then the mind can go to something else already in program until jarred again.

Peace

posted on Jul, 23 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

I believe the "Rain Man" had a high IQ too...

2nd

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join