It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of 10 highest IQ's on earth, at least 8 are Theists, at least 6 are Christians

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
It never fails... point out Christians with high IQ's, and just sit back and wait for the comments diminishing the value of a high IQ.

In today's world, it is apparently not possible to possess great intelligence, logic, and rationality, if you also hold a belief in God. Yet, if these highest IQ's belonged mostly to atheists, and agnostics, it (high IQ) would be heralded as evidence that only the stupid, irrational, and illogical believe in God.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Funny, yeah... Disbelievers have no logic, if the created revere the Creator, He guides them and for the good.

Pray for conversions.

Here is a scientist who believes.

He Prayed the Rosary

Over a hundred years ago, a university student found himself seated in a train by the
side of a person who seemed to be a well-to-do peasant. He was praying the rosary
and moving the beads in his fingers.

“Sir, do you still believe in such outdated things?” asked the student of the old man.
“Yes I do. Do you not?” asked the old man.

The student burst out into laughter and said, “I do not believe in such silly things. Take
my advice. Throw the rosary out through this window and learn what science has to say
about it.”

“Science? I do not understand this science? Perhaps you can explain it to me,” the
man said humbly with some tears in his eyes.

The student saw that the man was deeply moved. So to avoid further hurting the
feelings of the man, he said, “Please give me your address and I will send you some
literature to help you on the matter.”

The man fumbled inside pocket of his coat and gave the boy his visiting card. On
glancing at the card, the student bowed his head in shame and became silent.

On the card he read: “Louis Pasteur, Director of the Institute of Scientific Research,
Paris, France.”...

www.catholic-soe.org...

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Well, my 165 I.Q. says that some grand designer isn't out of the question... but it just begs the question who designed the designer?

And what do Irritation Quotients have to do with religious views anyway?

ETA...Unnnh Had to add "Come at me, bro" ... how could I miss that? Stupid...stupid!
edit on 7/21/2014 by Baddogma because: Backhanded ridicule in the wee hours

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

These aren't the "highest IQs on Earth", they are nonsense figures, as reflected in their religious beliefs.

And all from the US; again, nonsense.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CB328

No the issue of most likely to be correct is much higher with the top IQ crowd having the best shots easily.

I think you maybe to quick to pick up and drop believing in a deity, or maybe your like me and until there is a way to prove it leave it blank. Though i have since proven to myself that there is a creative force and a consciousness force dancing their way into the spotlight.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Its up to you to design your own designer if you want immortality.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: andrewadkison

While eating my toes I'll contemplate eternal consciousness...

Forever... and ever... hmmm (munch, munch)... know how many stupid jokes you'll hear in forever? How much rent... or just floating in blankness... forever... being... and being... and beeeeing... dunno (munch, crunch..ewww toe jam) but maybe an expiration date ain't much to fret over.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: andrewadkison

Its up to you to design your own designer if you want immortality.

worshiping ego, intellect, Satan*?

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Hopefully, someone will do the work for you, or your death will be the end.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: demus

The point is if you want to survive death its up to you to work out somehow. Help the whole divine cause. You seem to be obsessed with branding everyone Satan on others, but that makes me think you have evil in you.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: andrewadkison

The point is if you want to survive death its up to you to work out somehow. Help the whole divine cause. You seem to be obsessed with branding everyone Satan on others, but that makes me think you have evil in you.

oh sorry, I thought you're one of those who worship themselves as gods becoming God (or godlike) in the future and so on.

they way you put it now I can agree - we should "help the whole divine cause"

Jesus said that not those who will say O Lord, O my Lord will enter the Heaven but those who do the God's will.

completely what you have said.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
It's not really the top IQ crowd we should be checking but the average IQ of the religious between not.

And for some reason, my IQ went up by around 10 pts just 7 years between tests when I left the mainstream religion. I am still a Christian but I have probably ditched 99% of its beliefs which turned out to be false - could not be backed with sound logic.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

oh sorry, I thought you're one of those who worship themselves as gods becoming God (or godlike) in the future and so on.

its possible. the mayans and aztecs and egyptians would see us as gods, so why not?

worshiping ego, intellect, Satan*?

why does worhsip have to be involved at all...
edit on 21-7-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Hi, and thanks for all the insightful comments.

It seems to me after spending some time think about it last night, that science and religion are searching for the same thing, the source.

The beginning, the first time.

Which one of us would not love to go back to where it all began?

I tried to research as far as I could through ancient history and religious texts to find what I could, that aspect of ancient thought.

ttfn

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Well, my 165 I.Q. says that some grand designer isn't out of the question... but it just begs the question who designed the designer?
You did.

Well, I mean, you did, before you entered the flesh.

Some here think morality comes instinctively, you should already know the difference between good and evil. Ask a sociopath that question and see what he says about that. To him, good is everything he can get away with, without getting caught. So I would argue the point not all human beings, are human beings, some are just humans.

And what is the difference between a human being and just a human? Instinctive morality. And if you ask me, as no one has, that is the mark of a divine spirit. But just a tiny insignificant spark, sliver, of the original.

Going through the known universe, recombine all those spirited intelligences, and you might get a glimpse as to the answer to your question.

The world is a stage, and we all play our parts..

Just a thought.......

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
Hi, and thanks for all the insightful comments.

It seems to me after spending some time think about it last night, that science and religion are searching for the same thing, the source.

The beginning, the first time.

Which one of us would not love to go back to where it all began?

I tried to research as far as I could through ancient history and religious texts to find what I could, that aspect of ancient thought.

ttfn

i would not, becuase i know what i want to be. where the univesre comes from doesnt change that. in some respectcs, knowing the past and future can limit who or what were willing to be or do. the less you know, the more you can imagine. its a delicate balance between imagination and knowldge, knowing what you want to do and what the world will alow you to do.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

I had to add that your view... as expressed in an abbreviated, online way... is similar to mine, especially regarding innate morality... I remember learning that many religious folks credit religion with why they don't hurt others... it was scary as I always assumed everyone had some empathy... but I'm still stuck by the sheer magnificence of there being ...anything at all.

The totality of everything doing everything possible in eternity is what is termed "god"... and that is a big, big totality. But there is, self evidently, something occurring "here"... where anything at all came from in the first place is what "cooks my noodle."

That first instance of nothing to something... or that anything/everything always just was/is.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Doesn't matter how intelligent you might be, no one is immune to brainwashing if the perpetrators are determined enough

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

0% believe an IQ shows nothing but an ability to spit out what one is told to believe.

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: colbe

originally posted by: ProfessorChaos
It never fails... point out Christians with high IQ's, and just sit back and wait for the comments diminishing the value of a high IQ.

In today's world, it is apparently not possible to possess great intelligence, logic, and rationality, if you also hold a belief in God. Yet, if these highest IQ's belonged mostly to atheists, and agnostics, it (high IQ) would be heralded as evidence that only the stupid, irrational, and illogical believe in God.

Funny how that works, isn't it?

Funny, yeah... Disbelievers have no logic, if the created revere the Creator, He guides them and for the good.

Pray for conversions.

Here is a scientist who believes.

He Prayed the Rosary

Over a hundred years ago, a university student found himself seated in a train by the
side of a person who seemed to be a well-to-do peasant. He was praying the rosary
and moving the beads in his fingers.

“Sir, do you still believe in such outdated things?” asked the student of the old man.
“Yes I do. Do you not?” asked the old man.

The student burst out into laughter and said, “I do not believe in such silly things. Take
my advice. Throw the rosary out through this window and learn what science has to say
about it.”

“Science? I do not understand this science? Perhaps you can explain it to me,” the
man said humbly with some tears in his eyes.

The student saw that the man was deeply moved. So to avoid further hurting the
feelings of the man, he said, “Please give me your address and I will send you some
literature to help you on the matter.”

The man fumbled inside pocket of his coat and gave the boy his visiting card. On
glancing at the card, the student bowed his head in shame and became silent.

On the card he read: “Louis Pasteur, Director of the Institute of Scientific Research,
Paris, France.”...

www.catholic-soe.org...

pardon my confusion, but i dont see how your post refflects a correltion bet ween intellignce and theism. perhaps you could enligten me please

edit on 21-7-2014 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

maybe it is a waste of time,but I learned so much, perhaps I am storing it in my memory banks, or maybe I m trying to remember something I once knew

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join